Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 10:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748396 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2860 on: June 23, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »

I guess it's like you posted on another board, that I have no balls. 
I am glad you are doing what many others have been doing....browsing other gnr forums

for the longest time, I and many others, just basically checked this forum. Never sniffed the other forums. But now if you want to know what is happening in gnr land we are forced to check other sites. I found this lesson out with the Classic Rock magazine article on CD and Buckethead. I didnt know about that until a month after it was known. That really pissed me off. Same thing with the leaks, I didnt know until the next day. Thank God it wasnt a month

good stuff and Im glad you read my posts  on other sites as well.....

u fail to mention the props I gave you as well. You only talk about the negative. Shame on you. Dont do "what I do"

We do not promote illegal leaks.
I do not know what happened last time but I agree, there shouldnt be any links to the leaks. That I agree with you on.

But Better, TWAT, CITR, etc were all leaked yet we are allowed to discuss them. Plus Rhiad has been around forever. Its been played live. So I dont understand why that song isnt allowed with CD,TWAT,Better, etc
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:20:35 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2861 on: June 23, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »

I am glad you are doing what many others have been doing....browsing other gnr forums

It's especially hilarious to have you say I got no balls on another forum because you obviously don't have the balls to say it to me personally.

hihi

As far as I know, it actually takes balls to do what you think is right instead of listening to every younggunner on the planet and try to please them.

But what do I know, I got no balls....

I explained myself and the reasons.

You can go find a mirror and have the discussion there. Or go post about how much I lack balls somewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2862 on: June 23, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »

It's especially hilarious to have you say I got no balls on another forum because you obviously don't have the balls to say it to me personally.
so if I make a thread on what I wrote I wont get banned and it wont get deleted?

I never said anything to you in NJ 06 because I didnt have a problem with how things were at the time

Plus when we speak on AIM I tell you all my opinions of you and this site. SOme good some bad. So dont act like I say nothing but nice things to you when talking directly to you.

As far as I know, it actually takes balls to do what you think is right instead of listening to every younggunner on the planet and try to please them.

thats not balls dude

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2863 on: June 23, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »

thats not balls dude

Doing what you think is right, and not listening to other people isn't having balls?

You're pretty warped.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2864 on: June 23, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »

No, I don't speak to you on any messaging services anymore because I have no interest in wasting my time on two faced people.

You didn't seem to get it the first time I blocked you.  Hopefully by now you did. ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2865 on: June 23, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »

95% of the people disagree with how things are being run here. Im not making this stuff up. HTGTH is mocked. And that blows because this was the place to be. Jarmo is not showing balls with his defiance. Its more like hes stubborn and fighting for some sort of cause that noone else is aware of.

We are fans of a band. Fans of bands should be allowed to discuss what happens. If you think we should respect there wishes then you are working for them. If they wish for there fans not to dload leaks when the album comes out fine, no prob. But if they are asking their own fans not to discuss the events of the band then thats wrong. We shouldnt be obligated to that. If you feel you are your an employee not a fan.

No doubt, leaks and links shouldnt be posted here. I would agree with that. They arent posted anywhere else either. They are just discussed. Maybe you can make an argument for 2 of the 3 leaks not even being disucssed. But Rhiad should be allowed.

But the problem isnt that. It runs deeper than whether we can discuss leaks or not.

Hey, its his site. Nothing I can do

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2866 on: June 23, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »

Then stop whining.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2867 on: June 23, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »

you would have more balls by figuring out a way to blend both parties in. (the gnr fan and the band)

It doesnt take balls to respect a bands wishes.

No, I don't speak to you on any messaging services anymore because I have no interest in wasting my time on two faced people

Jarmo stop please stop with the crying. All I said was this site lacks the gnr spirit. I would have gladly posted it here but we all know what would happen if I did.

Stop acting like I dont say boo to you online. We have had more heated discussions than pleasant ones. And also when you reference a post I made on another site atleast mention that I gave you props too.

dont be like me....dont look for just the negative. practice what you preach
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:43:14 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2868 on: June 23, 2008, 08:43:25 PM »

It doesnt take balls to respect a bands wishes.

True. That's about respect.

Jarmo stop please stop with the crying. All I said was this site lacks the gnr spirit. I would have gladly posted it here but we all know what would happen if I did.

The site that does things its own way and makes decisions based on what they think is right, instead of trying to please everybody else?

Try this little neat party trick: Replace site with band and you have described GN'R.

/jarmo

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2869 on: June 23, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »

I guess it's like you posted on another board, that I have no balls. 

for the longest time, I and many others, just basically checked this forum. Never sniffed the other forums. But now if you want to know what is happening in gnr land we are forced to check other sites. I found this lesson out with the Classic Rock magazine article on CD and Buckethead. I didnt know about that until a month after it was known. That really pissed me off. Same thing with the leaks, I didnt know until the next day. Thank God it wasnt a month

good stuff and Im glad you read my posts  on other sites as well.....

u fail to mention the props I gave you as well. You only talk about the negative. Shame on you. Dont do "what I do"

We do not promote illegal leaks.
I do not know what happened last time but I agree, there shouldnt be any links to the leaks. That I agree with you on.

But Better, TWAT, CITR, etc were all leaked yet we are allowed to discuss them. Plus Rhiad has been around forever. Its been played live. So I dont understand why that song isnt allowed with CD,TWAT,Better, etc

hey i posted scans of that magazine and I got a warning + post deleted??? I was like WTF?

anyway back on topic. I honestly think Robin will be back at the end of the year when the album comes out

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2870 on: June 23, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

True. That's about respect.
Respect is not allowing people to host links. Which as I have said is fine.

Having the band tell you what is allowed to be discussed is not respect. And btw they arent respecting you in that regard. they are showing you a lack of respect.

The site that does things its own way and makes decisions based on what they think is right, instead of trying to please everybody else?

Try this little neat party trick: Replace site with band and you have described GN'R.
Thats your problem. This site and GNR shouldnt be interchangable. Your job should be to balance both. Not heavily lean in either direction. You  host a message board for the fans. Not for the band.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2871 on: June 23, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »

Hey I hear AC/DC has got some big balls.  rofl

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2872 on: June 23, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »

Having the band tell you what is allowed to be discussed is not respect. And btw they arent respecting you in that regard. they are showing you a lack of respect.

So.. no more Bon Jovi thread?

It amazes me that you come back here time and time again when you evidently do not enjoy posting here.

Obsessive much?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2873 on: June 23, 2008, 09:02:11 PM »

Having the band tell you what is allowed to be discussed is not respect.

Haha!

I said I made that decision based on past experiences.

Now, as you are very well aware of, I am not in the band nor am I the band. Just though I'd make it clear so you don't have to post that again.

Thats your problem. This site and GNR shouldnt be interchangable. Your job should be to balance both. Not heavily lean in either direction. You  host a message board for the fans. Not for the band.

Talk about reading into things that aren't there. Gotta give you credit for that.

I said you could take out the word out of that sentence and replace it to describe the band.

Since you claim this site lacks the GN'R spirit.

I guess according to you the GN'R spirit is to whine about the setlist for shows you didn't attend and talk about shit that's not true.  Tongue

Just one more thing: What is the younggunner definition of the GN'R spirit?

Please get back to me on that and skip the rest of this post if it's too much work. This is the most important part, so please put the most focus on this question. Thanks.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:03:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2874 on: June 23, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »

100 pages later, younggunner is still whining that things on this site aren't the way he wants them.

I think younggunner should start his own site and run it the way he wants.   
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #2875 on: June 23, 2008, 09:36:29 PM »

We need an official statement.

I don't know what's going on. I think that Robin is on GN'R but sometimes I think he's maybe not. I don't know.

And nobody comes and say anything: Only a "Guns N' Robin" that we don't understand and a "Robin is Robin".

Yeah...ok...the guy is in or out of the band?

There has been two official statements. One from each side:

NIN: Welcome back!

GNR: Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard. Really, Del James' private e-mail that someone took upon themselves to post publicly is the best way for us to address things at this time: "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing." Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time. Robin's Robin. We're in negotiations for the release of "Chinese Democracy" and things are going well. When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans. Our thanks to those who continue to show their support.

From this I see it that Robin is playing in NIN. Once Chinese Democracy is released, GNR (Axl) will contact Robin and see what the situation is. To be fair to Robin, he can't put is career on hold forever. He probably wants to just be out there doing it, before too much time passes.

lol the NIN statement was really clear and elaborate!  Wink I think we should speculate about it... what does that welcome back means? do they like having robin back? does it mean he will never come back? does it means his back hurts?  humm.... Roll Eyes

just trying to chill out the mood  ok
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:38:58 PM by Ines_rocks! » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2876 on: June 23, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »

lol the NIN statement was really clear and elaborate!  Wink I think we should speculate about it... what does that welcome back means? do they like having robin back? does it mean he will never come back? does it means his back hurts?  humm.... Roll Eyes

You are asking for another 145 pages, missy! rofl

thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2877 on: June 24, 2008, 01:29:57 AM »

I did some NIN tour research...and i would like to say off the bat that this is just based on past tour efforts by NIN and what we may be able to expect from the Ghosts tour...

the fragility tour spanned from Nov 14, 1999 - July 9, 2000 - 8 months...77 Dates

for With Teeth NIN toured from Mar 23, 2005 - July 8th, 2006 - 17 Months...172 dates

for Year Zero Nin Toured from Feb 10th, 2007 - Sept 18, 2007 - 8 Months...83 dates and no US dates

so, to me, this says robin is out of gnr from 8 months to a year and half starting in late July of this year

so ... by my assumptions ..... Robin will be touring with NIN from July 25, 2008 until anywhere between March 2009 - January 2010, of course we dont know anything for sure until we get more confimations from either NIN or GnR as to the expected tenure of Robin's involvement with Trent...jsut putting the Ghosts tour in perspective with the last 3 NIN tours peace

http://www.ninwiki.com/Tours

i dont wanna get into a long debate again...I'm just sharing what i researched  peace

That is not really true though.  The "with teeth" Europe tour was going on when "Year Zro" came out and then after that tour ended.  Trent went on and released GHOAST and The Slip.  Now he is back touring in July.  I would look at this as a long term thing. 

Also Trent was on Herion back in 2000 and has being clean for a few years now and does not seem to be slowing down.  I expect Robin is gone for good.  Can't blame him really.  They had so much going uin 2006 and part of 2007 but then not having the album released killed that and I think he just got sick of all the crap
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2878 on: June 24, 2008, 01:43:48 AM »

Just one more thing: What is the younggunner definition of the GN'R spirit?

Please get back to me on that and skip the rest of this post if it's too much work. This is the most important part, so please put the most focus on this question. Thanks.

The spirit of GNR for me is that there shouldnt be any boundaries in whatever you may take on. You should approach eveything you do with all that you have.

100 pages later, younggunner is still whining that things on this site aren't the way he wants them.

I think younggunner should start his own site and run it the way he wants.   
100 pages later and uncle jim has still not added anything to the conversation. 100 pages later uncle jim is still worried about what Im posting.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2879 on: June 24, 2008, 02:17:07 AM »

if I was Jarmo I would have never let you back.

he lets you back and this is how you thank him?   you've been making off-topic complaints and whining for long enough I think and as a poster here its annoying and I'm allowed to comment on it.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: