Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784686 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2820 on: June 19, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »

The bottom line to all of this is:   I don't understand how anyone can defend this system.  There is no rhyme or reason to the band OR to CD. 

Does Axl owe me anything?  No.

But I can tell you that the excitement level isn't what it used to be.   I went from excited, to angry, to frustrated, to indifferent.

And somehow, through this whole time, I was able to "live my life."   Roll Eyes   It amazes me how some of you can make up excuse after excuse about why this album's not out yet.

What's going on isn't mysterious anymore.  It's ridiculous.

Oh, and if you're going to respond with "then why are you here?" - save your breath.  I'm here because I love Guns n' Roses, and at some point there will be a news story telling us of CD's release date.  The Hookers n' Blow dates can go away, and I won't care.  I'll be busy living my life.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2821 on: June 19, 2008, 12:37:50 AM »

The bottom line to all of this is:   I don't understand how anyone can defend this system.  There is no rhyme or reason to the band OR to CD. 

Does Axl owe me anything?  No.

But I can tell you that the excitement level isn't what it used to be.   I went from excited, to angry, to frustrated, to indifferent.

And somehow, through this whole time, I was able to "live my life."   Roll Eyes   It amazes me how some of you can make up excuse after excuse about why this album's not out yet.

What's going on isn't mysterious anymore.  It's ridiculous.

Oh, and if you're going to respond with "then why are you here?" - save your breath.  I'm here because I love Guns n' Roses, and at some point there will be a news story telling us of CD's release date.  The Hookers n' Blow dates can go away, and I won't care.  I'll be busy living my life.

silly.   you talk about how unhappy it makes you yet you still come here.   if something made me so damn negative, i'd fuck right off and go to a britney spears forum or wherever the fuck.

there is plenty to be happy about.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2822 on: June 19, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »

GNR makes everyone happy....no one should feel unhappy on such a great forum ok
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2823 on: June 19, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »

Who said I was unhappy?  Nice try though.  That's the usual "just live your life," "Axl doesn't owe you anything" arguments that people usually use.   What I said made perfect sense, so get back to me when you have something constructive to say.   Kiss

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2824 on: June 19, 2008, 08:28:39 AM »

Then tell me what the Guns N' Robin update addressed. Current oil prices?  Roll Eyes

Maybe some of you didn't get the answer you wanted and you're still losing sleep over it, but the band addressed the situation.

It's Robin's explanation everyone's waiting for.

And there goes the challenger...
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2825 on: June 19, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »

Then tell me what the Guns N' Robin update addressed. Current oil prices?  Roll Eyes

Maybe some of you didn't get the answer you wanted and you're still losing sleep over it, but the band addressed the situation.

Not many people care actually about what Finck has to say  peace

This signature is very funny.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2826 on: June 19, 2008, 09:07:29 AM »

Not many people care actually about what Finck has to say  peace

Not many people care what the one guy who knows the answer to this 142 page thread has to say?

....Okay, I guess there may be a universe wherein that makes sense.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2827 on: June 20, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »

For us robin is in unless notified otherwise.. for you he isn't.
For us CD is coming. For you it will never.
We believe in gnr. you don't.

Not many people care what the one guy who knows the answer to this 142 page thread has to say?

142 pages that show each poster in their true colours. 

on the side note I usually don't visit other fan message boards but I lurked the official blog of a certain band that has only one full time member and gives news frequently. To see the recent update got 4000+ and counting totally irrelevant bs replies from the fans, which is scary. nervous

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2828 on: June 21, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »

For me and everyone else, Robin's status in the band is unclarified because he hasn't stated his intentions and has signed a contract with another band. You're wrong.
For me and everyone else, CD has no scheduled release date at present, and guess what - if it is coming, I'll be able to buy it at the same time as you. You're wrong.
GNR is a group of musicians who may or may not release an album at some point. Believing in them and being their little pep squad won't affect that one way or another, however I'm sure they are more than capable of bringing this album to fruition if they so choose. A third time, You're wrong.

Thanks for the amateur profiling though. You good fan. Me bad fan. Gotcha chief.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:05:28 PM by TomFriend » Logged

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2829 on: June 21, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »

They care about the GnR situation, not about Finck himself and what he finks...just read the thread if you have time  peace

This signature is very funny.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2830 on: June 21, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »

They care about the GnR situation, not about Finck himself and what he finks...just read the thread if you have time  peace

I'm just not sure I have the six hours to set aside.  Wink

But surely its not a question of what Finck finks...I doubt he'd blindly take up the NIN offer without even considering his future with GNR first, but then again I don't know the guy. It's a question of his choice - to remain with NIN for the foreseeable future, or to return to GNR should they need him. A question of loyalties, I suppose, and it seems like Robin's the only one who knows where those loyalties lie.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2831 on: June 22, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »

Why the defiant manner? can't you be a bit civil?  And attila I understand you hates anyone in GNR save axl but this is a GNR  board not like a NIN one thanks god so behave yourself.

For me and everyone else, Robin's status in the band is unclarified because he hasn't stated his intentions and has signed a contract with another band. You're wrong.
For me and everyone else, CD has no scheduled release date at present, and guess what - if it is coming, I'll be able to buy it at the same time as you. You're wrong.
GNR is a group of musicians who may or may not release an album at some point. Believing in them and being their little pep squad won't affect that one way or another, however I'm sure they are more than capable of bringing this album to fruition if they so choose. A third time, You're wrong.

Thanks for the amateur profiling though. You good fan. Me bad fan. Gotcha chief.

I love as how some people take everything personal when it wasn't aimed at them in particular. could be their guilty consciences or something.

the quoted bit was about the true points of the arguments in this thread.

and for the record I never argued about whether you(again not anyone in particular)are good or bad as a fan. It's more like as a person. Read some revolting comments in earlier pages.  no
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2832 on: June 22, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »

But surely its not a question of what Finck finks...I doubt he'd blindly take up the NIN offer without even considering his future with GNR first, but then again I don't know the guy. It's a question of his choice - to remain with NIN for the foreseeable future, or to return to GNR should they need him. A question of loyalties, I suppose, and it seems like Robin's the only one who knows where those loyalties lie.

I totally agree this is the case-it's strange that the band has a headline on the website stating they don't know what is going on with the lead singer-you would think someone would pick up a phone and call, or e-mail the guy, but it might be a case where they have tried to get in touch with him and he's not answering, which can't be good for GNR

libertad
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2833 on: June 22, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »

I totally agree this is the case-it's strange that the band has a headline on the website stating they don't know what is going on with the lead singer-you would think someone would pick up a phone and call, or e-mail the guy, but it might be a case where they have tried to get in touch with him and he's not answering, which can't be good for GNR

I find it hard to believe that GN'R doesn't know whats going on with Robin. My guess is, they know exactly whats going on with Robin. Maybe they are working on a way of dealing with it.

/this is my speculation  peace
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2834 on: June 23, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »

So what am I allowed to post here?
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #2835 on: June 23, 2008, 10:11:15 AM »

Do like me: just read the thread  ok

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2836 on: June 23, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »

Try looking in the NIN thread in Bad Obsession  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2837 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:02 AM »

I didn't really think it was NIN news as much as it was about Robin but whatever
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2838 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »

I didn't really think it was NIN news as much as it was about Robin but whatever

What band is it about GN'R or NIN?

That answers your question.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2839 on: June 23, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

Well according to 80% of the people in this thread which band is Robin still a member of......EXACTLY
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: