Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784834 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2780 on: June 17, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »

no its not, i cant find it but the interview is on youtube. i have listened to it several times and not long ago,which was why i even made the comment. i believe he was talking with a dj either during the 2002 tour or the 2006 tour.

Is this the one?

Axl: We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs, continued recording and recording. I think that when we release the album, it's gonna be something that I'm gonna be proud of and confident in. Then, we will also have an extra heap of songs. This band has played only been together for six weeks before Rio. So it is still very new for them to play together as band, with Robin (Finck) and Buckethead. That was a surprise. Obviously, that was the correct decision to make, but it was not originally planned to have three guitarists.

Axl interview Rock & Pop FM Argentina
Rock & Pop FM, January 22nd 2001

Notice how he said "Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better.". Not that the record was 100% done and finished.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2781 on: June 17, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »

axl DID say on Eddie Trunk that the record would be out in the fall, i think he even said absolutely.

Correct me if I am wrong i may have misheard and its been awhile.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2782 on: June 17, 2008, 11:35:06 PM »

The difference is you took an off the cuff remark by a band member that was stated as an opinion, not a certainty, as the truth.  I didn't.  And I never took anything said in 2006 as the record was ready for mastering.  That was never said outright, that's for sure.

And again, with the label, they are not going to say they have the album.  When do you ever hear from record labels, "Hey, guess what?  We have the new record from this artist in our possession."?  I've never heard that.

Ali

I don't think a band member stating that an album is ready for mastering to a major internationally distributed music journal is an 'off the cuff remark'.

When the record company has been trying to get its hands on an album - one of the most anticipated albums of all time - for several years and there is endless speculation about the projects status, I'd kinda expect them to say so when they finally had the finished product in their hands. From a financial standpoint, and with the record industry in the state its in, giving your shareholders and financiers advance warning that you had a blockbuster on your hands would be a pretty smart move.

I think it is and you proved that by quoting Tommy's remark.  "I would imagine" is not the same as the album "IS" ready for mastering.

You can expect the record company to do any number of things, but that doesn't mean that they should or will.  Record companies NEVER announce when records have been turned into them.  Artists may, but labels don't.  They announce a record is in their presence when it is set for release.

Ali
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2783 on: June 17, 2008, 11:47:58 PM »

no its not, i cant find it but the interview is on youtube. i have listened to it several times and not long ago,which was why i even made the comment. i believe he was talking with a dj either during the 2002 tour or the 2006 tour.

Is this the one?

Axl: We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs, continued recording and recording. I think that when we release the album, it's gonna be something that I'm gonna be proud of and confident in. Then, we will also have an extra heap of songs. This band has played only been together for six weeks before Rio. So it is still very new for them to play together as band, with Robin (Finck) and Buckethead. That was a surprise. Obviously, that was the correct decision to make, but it was not originally planned to have three guitarists.

Axl interview Rock & Pop FM Argentina
Rock & Pop FM, January 22nd 2001

Notice how he said "Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better.". Not that the record was 100% done and finished.

/jarmo

No I don't think that's it.  Sounds like he's saying the record company rejected it.  That one says it was a mutual thing and maybe more the band's decission not the record company to make it better.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2784 on: June 18, 2008, 12:01:15 AM »

Obviously, that was the correct decision to make, but it was not originally planned to have three guitarists.[/i]

i know Axl said that but i really gotta question that remark since its been made fairly clear by a few people that Axl DID want 3 guitarists since like '95 before slash left and he brought in Zakk Wylde with the intent that he be part of the band as a 3rd axe man

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2785 on: June 18, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »

axl DID say on Eddie Trunk that the record would be out in the fall, i think he even said absolutely.

Correct me if I am wrong i may have misheard and its been awhile.

He didn't say absolutely. He said album in the fall and then another time he said that's the plan.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2786 on: June 18, 2008, 05:54:58 AM »

At the end of the day, we can bitch and argue, and point fingers at axl /the record company/gnr whatever
as to why the record has not been released yet,

even though Axl might of said numerous times it was definetly coming out X/X/XX

but the most we can hope for , is for the new managers to do what they do best, and help axl end negotiations and release this baby

In my opinion , If we dont have chinese demcoracy by the end of the year, or a Firm Concrete release date, then the new managers have failed at the task at hand, or they will prove to us that this thing will probably never come out, so either way, we will have an answer at the end of the year... Its pretty much do or die...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2787 on: June 18, 2008, 06:14:59 AM »

we will have an answer at the end of the year... Its pretty much do or die...

people say that every year.   As long as Axl is alive, its never do or die.
Death Cube K
« Reply #2788 on: June 18, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »

From a 2002 interview:

Friday, November 22, 2002

John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

Wow. Odds and ends, a couple of finishing touches and a few vocals plus mixing took 5 years Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2789 on: June 18, 2008, 08:23:28 AM »

From a 2002 interview:

John Soeder

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

Wow. Odds and ends, a couple of finishing touches and a few vocals plus mixing took 5 years Cheesy

Some of the people who recorded in 2007 weren't in the band in 2002.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2790 on: June 18, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

we will have an answer at the end of the year... Its pretty much do or die...

people say that every year.   As long as Axl is alive, its never do or die.

Lets face it, Merk wasnt much of a manager , in terms of delivering what he actually was employed to do,

Irving  and Andy is notorious for pretty much delivering what is necessary to make/keep an artist/band succesful,
and pretty much cut throat,
So I dont think these two veterains would hang in their too long, If they think its a waste of their time,
do you?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Death Cube K
« Reply #2791 on: June 18, 2008, 09:31:06 AM »

It does not, under any circumstance, justify 5 years of delays. Nothing does and Axl knows it just as well as anyone else.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2792 on: June 18, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »

From a 2002 interview:

John Soeder

/jarmo

And if some of the people who recorded in 2007 aren't in the band now? (i.e. Robin)

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2793 on: June 18, 2008, 10:36:06 AM »

From a 2002 interview:

John Soeder

/jarmo

And if some of the people who recorded in 2007 aren't in the band now? (i.e. Robin)

Regardless of his statue in the band, the parts are done and so is the album.  ok

It does not, under any circumstance, justify 5 years of delays. Nothing does and Axl knows it just as well as anyone else.

Delays?

It's his album. Not yours or mine.

He can "delay" it as much as he wants.

/jarmo

Death Cube K
« Reply #2794 on: June 18, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »

It's his album. Not yours or mine.

Words to follow if you wanna create a fanbase and a good profit from your creations.  hihi

Delays?

Yes, I would call it a "delay" when the keyboard player stated in 2002 that the album was close to being done. What do you call it?

He can "delay" it as much as he wants.

I'll remember to tell my publisher that.  hihi
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:56:13 AM by DCK » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2795 on: June 18, 2008, 11:12:02 AM »

Words to follow if you wanna create a fanbase and a good profit from your creations.  hihi

Maybe some people have different ideas of what they want to achieve, not just "make as much money as possible"?

Yes, I would call it a "delay" when the keyboard player stated in 2002 that the album was close to being done. What do you call it?

I would call it a process. Just because you can see the finishing line, doesn't mean you might finish as quickly as you had hoped.

I'll remember to tell my publisher that.  hihi

You do that!

I'm sure you're just like Axl so you know exactly what he's going through with the album, and has went through, to get where he is today.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Death Cube K
« Reply #2796 on: June 18, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »

I'm sure you're just like Axl so you know exactly what he's going through with the album, and has went through, to get where he is today.

I didn't question any of what you wrote here. Since it's a pretty silly argument from your side, I won't waste my time on it.

Maybe some people have different ideas of what they want to achieve, not just "make as much money as possible"?

Yeah, funny thing that. They are still in a game which is based on profit and to make the profit you need a fanbase. Most bands are still in contracts with labels who (as far as I know) are VERY interested in making money. So which game do you play? The idealistic artist or the profitable artist. In my opinion, Axl sometimes tries to do both and it's a major culture crash between the two.

I would call it a process. Just because you can see the finishing line, doesn't mean you might finish as quickly as you had hoped.

If that's the rules of the game I suggest someone should have enlightened the band members a long time ago and told them to refrain from saying it was "nearly done" or "ready for mastering". You can't speak one certain way and do another.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:56:19 PM by DCK » Logged
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2797 on: June 18, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »

I'm sure you're just like Axl so you know exactly what he's going through with the album, and has went through, to get where he is today.

I didn't question any of what you wrote here. Since it's a pretty silly argument from your side, I won't waste my time on it.

Yeah, funny thing that. They are still in a game which is based on profit and to make the profit you need a fanbase. Most bands are still in contracts with labels who (as far as I know) are VERY interested in making money.

If that's the rules of the game I suggest someone should have enlightened the band members a long time ago and told them to refrain from saying it was "nearly done" or "ready for mastering". You can't speak one certain way and do another.

This album has taken way to long, Axl knows it, you know it and the rest of world knows it (and laughs at the same time). To even try and defend it is quite an achievement.

EVERYTHING you said is correct. The only problem is we are on a message board where we are only allowed to say positive things. Even to suggest any frustration, and the post gets deleted. Mine probably will, as most do for some unknown reason?HuhHuh  ANYBODY following this mess has to be a little frustrated. This thread is a perfect example.  141 pages of nothing, when in reality this is a simple question. IS HE OR IS HE NOT A BAND MEMBER? YES or NO? there I have just reduced it down to 1/2 page. Some people act as if you say one negative thing, you are somehow not a fan. How can you be a fan Of Axl, odl or new band and not be a little pissed off that we still know nothing about the situation? If we did not care about him or the band, these boards would not exist.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2798 on: June 18, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »

There's no rules. It's just common sense.

Just like it's common sense that 90% done doesn't mean finished!

Amusing, we're now discussing things that I assumed people knew. Like the fact that sometimes you might be able to do a lot of work in a short time, but then the last part to finish the work takes a lot longer than what you already spent. Or that just because you see the end of a project doesn't mean it will get finished in a week, month or year.

Sometimes people realize they could do things better and start over. Sometimes they decide the project isn't needed after all so it's canceled altogether.

And before somebody says I'm talking about GN'R, I'm not. I'm giving you some general examples of how things work.

EVERYTHING you said is correct. The only problem is we are on a message board where we are only allowed to say positive things. Even to suggest any frustration, and the post gets deleted.

Cry

Everything he said is his opinion.

Don't confuse facts with opinions.

FYI: Since you're so clever and have figured out how this board works, maybe you can go and post about your frustrations in the right place?

Say hello to your new home on the board: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49910.0

Maybe we don't need to read about your "frustration" in every other thread and that's why the posts disappear?

Nooooo, can't be!

Now, would one of you "frustrated and informed" GN'R fans tell me how this Dead Horse topic is related to Robin's status in the band?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:39:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2799 on: June 18, 2008, 02:10:20 PM »

Irving  and Andy is notorious for pretty much delivering what is necessary to make/keep an artist/band succesful,
and pretty much cut throat,
So I dont think these two veterains would hang in their too long, If they think its a waste of their time,
do you?

they obviously do believe in the band.  otherwise they wouldnt' have signed on in the first place.   and i dont see how Dec 31, 2008 is any kind of deadline on whether or not they believe in him.   
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: