Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746524 times)
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2640 on: June 11, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »

(This thread appears to be going over over the shop. Interesting never the less)

I think from moment Guns N'Roses featured Axl Rose and a bunch of hired musicians, it felt like Guns N'Roses didn't really exist anymore, just a name with Axl Rose and a bunch of hired musicians. Then with the new songs, it did feel like there was a new band that had something to say, and fans became more accepting. Sure Buckethead quit, and we think Brain quit, but with Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Pittman, Tommy, things felt on track. If Robin has quit GN'R it will be quite a loss. If GN'R were to tour without Robin playing the new songs, then it won't feel right. It was bad enough having a new band play the original Slash'era songs, but to hear a new lead guitarist cover the old songs and the Chinese Democracy songs wouldn't be a good thing.

To play live, they need Robin or Slash. And one will have to cover the other ones songs  hihi
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2641 on: June 11, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »

You can't please everybody! It's impossible.

/jarmo

Yep. Even you Uncle Jarmo.

I think it's kind of silly to be completely anti-everything negative people say about the band. Sure it's your site, you can do what you want, but
it's like in a marriage. If a couple is fighting and there is some sort of issue, it's best to be vocal about it to work through it together.

Sometimes even the person you love more than anything in the world will drive you batshit. Even if people are unfounded in their frustation, you don't go to your wife "well honey...you're fucking wrong".... even if she is. Your gentile about it and take care of it responsibly and maturely. And if your wife turns into a crazy bitch and refuses to listen to the truth, you are more firm, and if she continues to be a psycho, then you get a divorce or separate for a little bit. That's kinda like the "ban" button.

And the worst thing you can do is bury it deep down and pretend that it's not there.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:12:00 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2642 on: June 11, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »

you know what really is cool the way Robin plays SCOM intro without looking down at the guitar.  I was always impressed by that, while the guy who created it had to look down while playing it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2643 on: June 11, 2008, 04:31:25 PM »

you know what really is cool the way Robin plays SCOM intro without looking down at the guitar.  I was always impressed by that, while the guy who created it had to look down while playing it.

I hate posts like these.  By that post you are inferring that Robin is a superior guitarist to Slash.  There is no need for that type of post really.  It's silly.  They are both great guitarists for sure.  But to infer that Robin is better than Slash is a bit over the top.  One created many timeless guitar pieces that are recongnizable on the first note.  The other has created one song we know of that most of us agree is incredible and that most people in the world have never heard.  I like Robin, but come on.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2644 on: June 11, 2008, 04:39:34 PM »

I hate posts like these.  By that post you are inferring that Robin is a superior guitarist to Slash.  There is no need for that type of post really.  It's silly.  They are both great guitarists for sure.  But to infer that Robin is better than Slash is a bit over the top.  One created many timeless guitar pieces that are recongnizable on the first note.  The other has created one song we know of that most of us agree is incredible and that most people in the world have never heard.  I like Robin, but come on.

Yeah, it was kind of stupid, especially since Slash was fucked up half the time, so that's probably why he's looking down. I'm sure he could play the song behind his back, since he played it a gazillion times (oh, and wrote most of the music to it).

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2645 on: June 11, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »

shut up about slash, who gives a fuck about him
Death Cube K
« Reply #2646 on: June 11, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

You can't please everybody! It's impossible.

I do, since he wrote the riffs to most of the songs they still play.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2647 on: June 11, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »

i do

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2648 on: June 11, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »

I don't.
Robin Still In GUNS N' ROSES...

In November, 7th 2008 All Says:

" Welcome Back R obi' n "

beer

HBK *

Where do you see this?

In My Opinion & GNR Web, ROBIN Not Quit Of GNR.

Ok ?

Grettings.

HBK *
do you have a link to where it says that other than your heaD?

in his "Opinion & GNR Web" and I'm of his opinion.

save that GNR doesn't need to say welcome back in this case.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:28:49 PM by ppbebe » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2649 on: June 11, 2008, 05:42:40 PM »

by the way

After Better, which was the 4th song in the setlist, Axl went on his first rant, saying something about people "who think they know the inside deal but don't really know what's going on inside GN'R" or something along those lines. The he said that Better "is a Robin song"  and the band all looked to Robin and clapped and he gave a little wave; Axl wrapped his arm around Robin and continued "I know that will piss people off."

this is from a first nyc gig review at gnrontour. you can find many like this in hammerstein threads of this board as well.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2650 on: June 11, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »

Agreed.
Come on people.
Stop acting like some loser who performs on/has co-written some random  songs that exist on some  60 million sold records in 60 million homes was somehow relevant in any way to GNR's history in big picture.

Now, how about those Frank&Pisser tour dates?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2651 on: June 11, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »

Did I say in my post Robin was better than slash ? NO !!!! I said I was impressed over the way robin played it without even looking at the guitar, Slash is a great guitarist just made a observation.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2652 on: June 11, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »

I agree Jarmo, there are people who do absolutely bitch about everything and that does get annoying and sucks.

however, u guys called me a troll just for making valid points and being extremely constructive and I didnt think that was fair.

posts lke GNR4l however get on my nerves:

A guy is a better guitar player cause he doesnt look at his neck when he plays a song wrote by someone else?

that is the ridiculous kind of shit that gets on my nerves.

Also I have stated in a thousand posts that Chinese Democracy CAN be better than Appetite. I absolutely havent ruled that out. the only stance I have ever made is against people like GNR4L who just post nonsense like that which is totally disrespectful to the former guys who like it or not helped make GNR what it was.

When people were cool on here and praised the old while also championing the new, I was the biggest fan on the planet. But people talking shit about guys near and dear to my heart pissed me off and that is why I have turned negative a time or two.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2653 on: June 11, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »

This thread is about Robin I stated that I was impressed on how he played the intro. I didn't insult slash I just think robin is maybe more technically a better guitarist.  Slash wrote some great material I just like how Robin plays it besides slash hated Sweet Child O' Mine.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2654 on: June 11, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »

I agree Jarmo, there are people who do absolutely bitch about everything and that does get annoying and sucks.

however, u guys called me a troll just for making valid points and being extremely constructive and I didnt think that was fair.

I wouldn't go that far as to calling all your points valid....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2655 on: June 11, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »

I didn't insult slash I just think robin is maybe more technically a better guitarist.

you are obviously not a guitar player hihi  peace

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2656 on: June 11, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »

a fan can be critical at times and still be a fan.

Absolutely. But it helps to be realistic too. To be a "modern day" fan of Guns N' Roses IMHO is to be a fan of an organic, constantly changing mass that from month-to-month basically only has Axl (and perhaps Dizzy) and management as its constant variables. We have learned many times over now that fans who attach themselves to other members... even to long-standing ones like Finck, Mantia, Buckethead, Tobias, etc... do so at their own peril. That's just reality.

Obviously everyone needs to decide for themselves what they mean when they say they "support the band". For me, personally, I have come to the realization that it means I support the overall process of getting Chinese Democracy recorded and released as the long awaited follow up to the Illusions albums. Anyone who has supported that process along the way (e.g. Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Robin, Richard, Bumblefoot, Brain, Frank, Chris, Buckethead, Tobias, Freese, etc.) gets my thanks and gratitude... simply because they helped move the ball down the field in some way... and even if they're not standing there as "members" at the finish line when it's all done. But rather than root for any one of them individually or any assembly of them collectively... I choose to root for or support the "process" of getting the album out.

Personally... I have found that line of thinking has finally set my mind at ease when all these issues prop up (as they always do)... but take it for what it's worth. I personally don't see it as being a "nutswinger" viewpoint... but rather a highly realistic one consistent with the primary goal we all seem to share of one day being able to pop Chinese Democracy into our cd players...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2657 on: June 11, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »

well i'm a fan of Axl and then whoever he brings along is cool...Ron is a pretty amazing musician so Axl brought him to my attention which is cool

I enjoyed VGH from tommy as well, which was a pleasant surprise

but ideally i'd like to see the band who recorded the material be the one to tour it, if not though i think we all know Axl will bring in someone else to fill robin's shoes

personally i think that robin has really grown into the role rather well since gnr reemerged in 06....02 i wasnt at all fond of him but, in my opinion, i think that his playing and stage presence improved tremendously from 02 - 06 ... and like so many people have said already....IF he is gone its a shame cuz many people were jsut starting to appreciate him
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:43:40 PM by Neemo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2658 on: June 11, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »

i do

thats nice, i invite you to follow this link and stay there if thats all you care to talk about
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2659 on: June 12, 2008, 12:17:27 AM »

I wouldn't go that far as to calling all your points valid....

/jarmo

I get a little carried away no doubt but they were very far from being Trollish..

foreseeable future is a tricky one. It could mean several different things no doubt. It could mean temporary or for as long as its possible but to me, if I am in love and committed to a girl lets say for the foreseeable future, that isnt forever but it does signify a pretty serious commitment and in no way sounds like a fill in, temporary type of deal.

Anyone think that Robin could be using NIN as leverage for a contract re-negotiation? I mean hell we've speculated everything else to death.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:21:41 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: