Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 11:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748449 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2580 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:12 PM »

I guess what pisses me off with this is, robin seems like a chick stuck in a love triangle between two suitors and instead of choosing one, he kind of has his cake and eats it too *never understood this sayin, it makes no fuckin sense* but anyhow, he will stay with NIN for 10 years if Axl never releases CD but if Axl is ready, he is gonna leave Trent hanging mid tour to rejoin GNR?

thats not fair to Axl, Trent, NIN fans or GNR fans.

its not like Dizzy or whoever doing a fun side project club kind of band cause they can nix that at anytime at Axl's wish and rejoin GNR.

with NIN, Robin will be locked into to that and say Axl is ready next week to do something, Robin won't leave the NIN tour so Axl will be put on hold and the album cant be released till something is worked out.

So if robin is gone, does that delay CD even more as Axl may replace his parts?

its just a never ending saga that is getting outlandishly ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2581 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:27 PM »

To throw my hat into the ring (why? I don?t know?), I?d say that Mr. Finch has not formally left the band?yet. Given the lucrative nature of the Guns N? Roses enterprise, I am certain there are insurmountable contracts to sign that involve every aspect: marketing, song writing credit, t-shirt sales, sponsorship, income from tours, etc? Speculatively, legally one cannot simply walk away from such a zeitgeist. Now, knowing some musicians, the desire to pick up and walk away is attractive: But without a formal pronouncement, to quote an oft? quote from Yogi Berra: ?It ain?t over till its over.? Has Brain left for that matter???

a hoi hoi,
Mojoeye

It can be done, leaving that is. Buckethead for example. He had contracts, ect ... but he just didn't want to do it anymore and Axl cut him free. I'm not saying this happened w/Robin, but if someone doesn't want to do something anymore, they don't want to do it. Buckethead didn't make an annoucement, from what I know he just stopped showing up and avoided contact w/Axl to the point where Brain had to get involved to let the band know what was going on. Legally Robin could be held to something, but that would be pretty crappy on Axl's part forcing a musician to play with him based on a contract.

-= iZzBo =-

Axl cut Buckethead free - I got the impression Buckethead quit without the input from anyone. Buckethead wanted to get back to his own thing, which is a good thing. I'd still like to hear Buckethead on CD. I'd still like to hear Robin on CD. To go through the process of re recording would be madness.

Axl said that Buckethead is featured on Chinese Democracy. Record is finished and done, no re-recordings are going to happen.

I sure hope so. I sure hope BF hasn't re recorded any of Bucketheads input. As for Axl saying things, well as many here on these boards would agree, Axl has been known not to deliever on what he has been quoted as saying from time to time. Wasn't he once quoted as saying "you'll have it by the end of the year" (can't remember what year).
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2582 on: June 09, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »

I guess what pisses me off with this is, robin seems like a chick stuck in a love triangle between two suitors and instead of choosing one, he kind of has his cake and eats it too *never understood this sayin, it makes no fuckin sense* but anyhow, he will stay with NIN for 10 years if Axl never releases CD but if Axl is ready, he is gonna leave Trent hanging mid tour to rejoin GNR?

its not like Dizzy or whoever doing a fun side project club kind of band cause they can nix that at anytime at Axl's wish and rejoin GNR.

with NIN, Robin will be locked into to that and say Axl is ready next week to do something, Robin won't leave the NIN tour so Axl will be put on hold and the album cant be released till something is worked out.

maybe Robin took note from:

There's no logic here today
Do as you got to, go your own way
I said that's right
Time's short your life's your own
And in the end
We are just..

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2583 on: June 09, 2008, 01:57:41 PM »

I guess what pisses me off with this is, robin seems like a chick stuck in a love triangle between two suitors

when you're another chick that (one-sidedly) loves her suitors...I can't imagine how bad you hate the bitch!!!

enough of slash stories.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2584 on: June 09, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »

I know it says "more dates to come"....have any dates after Sept. 6th been announced yet?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2585 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:35 PM »

more dates I saw that to on his website.  Probaly oversea's doesn't concern me since GNR ISN'T TOURING YET !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #2586 on: June 09, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

Its not Axl's fault that CD is't out yet, its Robins. The guy needs to make up his mind while we are all still young.

Robin is to blame for everything, right?  Roll Eyes

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2587 on: June 09, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »

Robin is the sole reason for the cd's delay.  yes

I sure hope so. I sure hope BF hasn't re recorded any of Bucketheads input. As for Axl saying things,

axl says some of bh performances are on. reportedly richard and bbf says they are on every track of the first one. Del says Robin is on. On every track like the other two I guess.

This won't change the album is finished and Robin is playing with NIN till.....

If I were to speculate, I'd speculate on
When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.
So they're trying to fix their game plans (the release) before the NIN tour ends.
Death Cube K
« Reply #2588 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:44 PM »

So they're trying to fix their game plans (the release) before the NIN tour ends.

The NIN tour won't be over before like...2010 probably. So either they wait for Robin to finish the tour in 2010 or whatever or they go on tour without him. It's that simple. Either wait or loose the guitarist.

Anything else is not possible, except having some replacement playing Robin's part until he comes back. And really......do we wanna go there?

Robin will tour with NIN and there is no way he will leave NIN in the middle of a tour, or 2/3 into it.

So 2010 it is?

The way I see it, Robin is gone for good, or is gone for at least 2 years. Neither scenarios are positive.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 04:56:59 PM by DCK » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2589 on: June 09, 2008, 11:44:02 PM »

I fully understand and relate to what you're saying. But, IMHO, Axl and GN'R will wait for NO ONE. Whenever the album's ready to be released and they want to hit the road... I think they'll call everyone and see who's available and willing and off they'll go. If Robin is either unwilling OR contractually unable (b/c of NIN commitments)... too bad so sad. But for a band that's already overcome the departures of Slash, Duff, Buckethead, etc... I really don't think Robin Finck (as much as I respect the guy and hope he's there) is going to stop them from going ahead with their plans. They assumedly have what they want from Robin on the album(s) already. I think a little time will be spent in finding a great live replacement and that will be that. I think Robin's well aware of that BTW and has taken a bit of a calculated risk here. As far as his interests go... nothing could be better than to rake in some $$$ and reconnect with the NIN fanbase for several months (or as much as a year+) before opting out of NIN and heading back to Axl and GN'R when they're ready to go... There may be bad blood as a result... but as a guy who's been almost exclusively limited to a studio musician in one band (GN'R) and a live performer in another (NIN)... I would bet that he could give a shit at this point. Talk to him about "using" Axl or Trent... and I think he's likely to laugh in your face. It is a business afterall.... as I would imagine he has had driven home to him in no uncertain terms by now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:43:15 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2590 on: June 10, 2008, 01:41:11 AM »

You're foolish to think that Axl would wait for Robin. If Axl is going to release the album in the fall, I'm sure that he'd do a full tour in support of it.
Thus if it comes out in September, expect them to be on the road from September to at least March. He isn't going to gimp the tour waiting around
for Robin.

Like I said before, this is what the band said: When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans. Ergo, they're focusing on getting the album negotiations finished. When that happens they're going to put tour plans together. If Robin's in, he's in, if not, then they're going to look at their options.

They aren't going to cross a bridge before it's done being built. Right?

I just wish we'd know how construction is going on that bridge.  Undecided
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2591 on: June 10, 2008, 02:10:12 AM »

Robin Knows where his home is and its in GUNS N' ROSES !!! 300th post woo hoo

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2592 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:25 AM »

Wow it's been almost two months since GN'R.com was updated about this.

Ok what I really want is to see Robin play with Nails at Lollapalooza at the beginning of August and then, like, the next day, have GN'R.com saying 'we're happy to announce the return of Robin Finck, oh and CD will be out ______'.

...horray for pipe dreams when you're not even high!  ok

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2593 on: June 10, 2008, 03:14:09 AM »

Ok what I really want is to see Robin play with Nails at Lollapalooza at the beginning of August and then, like, the next day, have GN'R.com saying 'we're happy to announce the return of Robin Finck, oh and CD will be out ______'.

rofl peace

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2594 on: June 10, 2008, 04:24:33 AM »

Wouldn't you think Robin has an agreement with trent concerning this spesific issue? It must have come up at some point when the first started talking about Robin rejoining NIN....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #2595 on: June 10, 2008, 04:32:37 AM »

Does anyone seriously think that Trent is that naive that he wouldn?t have had Robin sign a secure contract so that the current NIN concerts/tour are not disrupted?

Maybe Robin DOES know when CD is going to be released which meant he was able to sign a contract to do the NIN tour then resume he's GNR obligations without affecting anything. 'other than he's bank balance'

Although I feel that a 'simple' update to the fans would gain Robin alot more credit. Then again, maybe he has signed a contract with GNR management not to make any announcement because it could upset any forthcoming 'CD' promotion.

Pure speculation is the basis of this post and 99% of the thread. 

Keep em under your wheels.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2596 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:29 AM »

rofl peace

dude, are drinking? haha

There is a lyric somewhere " when I was younger, I knew a motherfucker like you.

Cheers my friend!!!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Death Cube K
« Reply #2597 on: June 10, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »

That may be so, but the options are not many and we have covered them all.

1. Wait for NIN tour to finish.
2. Tour and release album without Robin

Like the GNR people said, they are focusing on releasing the album. When that is taken care of, they will look at the situation and if they will release the album before 2010 they will see that Robin can't take any part of any GNR issues. It's really that simple. They are just not saying it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2598 on: June 10, 2008, 11:04:39 AM »

Wouldn't you think Robin has an agreement with trent concerning this spesific issue? It must have come up at some point when the first started talking about Robin rejoining NIN....

U think Trent is gonna let someone back into the band that plans on leaving in 3 months? U are right, i think they do have an agreement and its basically u are the guitar player for NIN.

Trent has a HUGE tour and is in the midst of doing big things. he isnt gonna get a guitar player who is not 100 percent fully committed. read trent's statement. this is the best lineup of NIN and we plan on keeping this one for the foreseeable future. That doesnt sound like Robin doing a side gig while waiting on Axl.

The biggest argument most of us have had on here is about Guns N Roses and what it is exactly.

So if Axl replaces Robin, u will have:

1 member of the original GNR Axl
1 member of the 2nd lineup Dizzy
2 members of the RIR3 lineup Chris and tommy
3 new members since 2006

GNR are in my opinion are becoming too much of a revolving door. For them to carry on the legacy of GNR, there has to be some consistency and not new members everytime a tour starts.

before its over GNR will have encompassed over 20 members in one band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2599 on: June 10, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »

That may be so, but the options are not many and we have covered them all.

1. Wait for NIN tour to finish.
2. Tour and release album without Robin

Like the GNR people said, they are focusing on releasing the album. When that is taken care of, they will look at the situation and if they will release the album before 2010 they will see that Robin can't take any part of any GNR issues. It's really that simple. They are just not saying it.

how did you find out nin was touring till 2010?
when only dates up to this October are listed.

or you mean you could foresee that the bassist would be replaced when nin announced the then complete touring lineup 2 months ago? I still don't see why they had to announce a touring lineup that early.

it yea, In making big plans, you better leave yourself big latitude.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:14:42 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: