Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 11:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748451 times)
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2560 on: June 08, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »

No, I didn't.

Must've been another moderator who objected to your off topic post. ok

/jarmo

aight, whatevs.

anyways...

so, Robin... Leaving? Just touring? eh?

edit* lol! just re-read your post, and you called my comment off topic, even though your last three or so were too.

k Ive gotta go. peace.

Hello?

I'm responding to a poster making severe accusations about how I conduct myself on this board.

I think it's only fair that I defend myself and this site against these slanderous posts. Don't you?

/jarmo
yea and sorry jarmo but by doing so in such manner you are just making you and this last few posts look very inmature and OFF TOPIC.
The people in this boards or those who have been here long enough to know you ... know better, you should know better.

Here Today..
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2561 on: June 08, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

Could all the people involved in the arguement please stay on topic (and that includes you Jarmo) hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2562 on: June 08, 2008, 03:10:30 PM »

Hello?

I'm responding to a current argument between you and a poster making severe accusations about how you conduct yourself on this board.

I think it's only fair that if you are allowed to defend yourself and this site against these slanderous posts, I should be able to comment on it without my post being considered "off topic".

Or you simply could have deleted his post for being off topic as well, informed him of your actions and your reasonings in a PM, and continued the argument amongst yourselves in private.

No, it's got nothing to do with you.

Stop being a smart ass.

yea and sorry jarmo but by doing so in such manner you are just making you and this last few posts look very inmature and OFF TOPIC.
The people in this boards or those who have been here long enough to know you ... know better, you should know better.

Immature because I actually stand up for myself. Ok.

I know most people actually are aware that it's just bullshit.

But people like younggunner needs to be reminded that they will not get away with accusing me of hacking their accounts or modifying their posts without being held responsible for it.

I will learn from this and next time just ban the person who makes the accusations without making any comment on it.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2563 on: June 08, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »

Hello?

I'm responding to a current argument between you and a poster making severe accusations about how you conduct yourself on this board.

I think it's only fair that if you are allowed to defend yourself and this site against these slanderous posts, I should be able to comment on it without my post being considered "off topic".

Or you simply could have deleted his post for being off topic as well, informed him of your actions and your reasonings in a PM, and continued the argument amongst yourselves in private.

No, it's got nothing to do with you.

Stop being a smart ass.

Oh, sorry, but I guess it's time for me to be a smart ass again

I mean, if it's got nothing to do with me, why don't you just have the argument with the Personal Messaging system.

Otherwise I feel I have all the right to comment on the argument you are having on this Discussion Board.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2564 on: June 08, 2008, 03:49:35 PM »

I mean, if it's got nothing to do with me, why don't you just have the argument with the Personal Messaging system.

Otherwise I feel I have all the right to comment on the argument you are having on this Discussion Board.

BECAUSE HE MADE THE ACCUSATION IN A POST IN THIS THREAD FOR ALL TO SEE! NOT IN A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME OR ANOTHER MODERATOR.

Fucking hell....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2565 on: June 08, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »

Ok, I now see what happened. The person that quoted one of my posts quoted a different post. I was confused between the posts because one of my posts was deleted a few days ago so I must have re written it in a newer post than the one I had originally posted in.

So, with that being said I would like to apologize to Jarmo and his mods for wrongfully accusing them of something they did not do. I should have double checked before I said what I said.

I would also like to apologize to the rest of the community for causing unecessary drama with that post. I truly thought that my post was being altered. Either way, I should have simply just double checked. So I apologize.

So Jarmo when you call me paranoid, etc etc, I can no longer say anything. Lol this debacle gives me no room to talk!

Adios and once again I apologize

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2566 on: June 08, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »

BECAUSE HE MADE THE ACCUSATION IN A POST IN THIS THREAD FOR ALL TO SEE! NOT IN A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME OR ANOTHER MODERATOR.

Fucking hell....

/jarmo

So true.

But you really should have done something along the lines of what I said before:

You simply could have deleted his post for being off topic as well, informed him of your actions and your reasonings in a PM, and continued the argument amongst yourselves in private.

That would have been the mature thing to do.

But then again...

If his post was for all to see, that means I was meant to see it as well... which would explain why I commented on it correct? Correct. So therefore my comment was not off topic, neither was yours. Okay we win Jarmo. Now, let's invade a foreign country.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #2567 on: June 08, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »

Its not Axl's fault that CD is't out yet, its Robins. The guy needs to make up his mind while we are all still young.

Bow!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2568 on: June 08, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »

But you really should have done something along the lines of what I said before:

You simply could have deleted his post for being off topic as well, informed him of your actions and your reasonings in a PM, and continued the argument amongst yourselves in private.

But then again...

If his post was for all to see, that means I was meant to see it as well... which would explain why I commented on it correct? Correct. So therefore my comment was not off topic, neither was yours. Okay we win Jarmo. Now, let's invade a foreign country.

Oh jesus christ, if you have so many ideas about what to do go and run your own message board.
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2569 on: June 08, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »

But then again...

Oh jesus christ, if you have so many ideas about what to do go and run your own message board.

Eh, i've got too much of a life in the real world. (i.e. my 100 and sum odd posts compared to jarmo's 20,000 some odd)

I was thinking tho. Now wouldn't it we sweet if we held online elections each year for who runs the forum for that year?

That'd be sweet.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2570 on: June 08, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »

But then again...

Eh, i've got too much of a life in the real world. (i.e. my 100 and sum odd posts compared to jarmo's 20,000 some odd)

I was thinking tho. Now wouldn't it we sweet if we held online elections each year for who runs the forum for that year?

That'd be sweet.

Maybe you can do that at your own site that you start.

Do it!

Start a site, built it up from scratch and then let others run it the way they want to without interfering. I wish you good luck.  ok

You obviously don't get it. If I had just removed his post, he'd be there accusing me of censorship and covering it up.

I respond and it's bad, I don't and bullshit lies are spread.

I can't win.

Now, next off topic post you make will warrant you a warning.

You obviously have no interest in the topic, you're only using this opportunity to try to stir shit up.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2571 on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:21 PM »

or in the official site.  not like 'it was astonishing' or 'very surprising' but it says it took them a tad off guard. yeah still you'd probably say there's no evedence.

A quote from a biased member of one camp is not evidence.   Roll Eyes  It's call spin.  It could be true or it could be false.  So it is in no way evidence.
a biased member of one camp? Are there other GNR camps and what GunsNRoses.com biased for other than the band?

Ok it might involve the authors view  but I doubt you know what they think or feel more than themselves.

Why would they pretend robins plan was unexpected if it was expected when they heard it?
Knowing  'the goner' could disclose that?
Wouldn't  make sense.

ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #2572 on: June 08, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

Maybe Trent is fucking about as usual.

Bow!
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2573 on: June 08, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »

I respond and it's bad, I don't and bullshit lies are spread.

I can't win.

/jarmo
This is how i think Axlfeels constantly.

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2574 on: June 08, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »

and GNR members feel constantly I think.

people demand updates from GNR and when a member or GNR com says something, it's a lie.
mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #2575 on: June 08, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »

To throw my hat into the ring (why? I don?t know?), I?d say that Mr. Finch has not formally left the band?yet. Given the lucrative nature of the Guns N? Roses enterprise, I am certain there are insurmountable contracts to sign that involve every aspect: marketing, song writing credit, t-shirt sales, sponsorship, income from tours, etc? Speculatively, legally one cannot simply walk away from such a zeitgeist. Now, knowing some musicians, the desire to pick up and walk away is attractive: But without a formal pronouncement, to quote an oft? quote from Yogi Berra: ?It ain?t over till its over.? Has Brain left for that matter???

a hoi hoi,
Mojoeye

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2576 on: June 09, 2008, 09:04:29 AM »

Maybe Trent is fucking about as usual.

Lots of people have said things to this effect over the course of 130 pages or so.

(This isn't directed at you) Why are people assuming Trent is bad in this situation? I'm not a nin fan, but can't we just assume that Robin wanted to work with nin and so he is?? Why does Trent have to be trying to fuck with Axl, GNR or their fans? Whether or not Robin's still a part of GNR really doesn't have anything to do with Trent Reznor as far as I can tell.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2577 on: June 09, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »

To throw my hat into the ring (why? I don?t know?), I?d say that Mr. Finch has not formally left the band?yet. Given the lucrative nature of the Guns N? Roses enterprise, I am certain there are insurmountable contracts to sign that involve every aspect: marketing, song writing credit, t-shirt sales, sponsorship, income from tours, etc? Speculatively, legally one cannot simply walk away from such a zeitgeist. Now, knowing some musicians, the desire to pick up and walk away is attractive: But without a formal pronouncement, to quote an oft? quote from Yogi Berra: ?It ain?t over till its over.? Has Brain left for that matter???

a hoi hoi,
Mojoeye

It can be done, leaving that is. Buckethead for example. He had contracts, ect ... but he just didn't want to do it anymore and Axl cut him free. I'm not saying this happened w/Robin, but if someone doesn't want to do something anymore, they don't want to do it. Buckethead didn't make an annoucement, from what I know he just stopped showing up and avoided contact w/Axl to the point where Brain had to get involved to let the band know what was going on. Legally Robin could be held to something, but that would be pretty crappy on Axl's part forcing a musician to play with him based on a contract.

-= iZzBo =-
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2578 on: June 09, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »

a hoi hoi,
Mojoeye

It can be done, leaving that is. Buckethead for example. He had contracts, ect ... but he just didn't want to do it anymore and Axl cut him free. I'm not saying this happened w/Robin, but if someone doesn't want to do something anymore, they don't want to do it. Buckethead didn't make an annoucement, from what I know he just stopped showing up and avoided contact w/Axl to the point where Brain had to get involved to let the band know what was going on. Legally Robin could be held to something, but that would be pretty crappy on Axl's part forcing a musician to play with him based on a contract.

-= iZzBo =-

Axl cut Buckethead free - I got the impression Buckethead quit without the input from anyone. Buckethead wanted to get back to his own thing, which is a good thing. I'd still like to hear Buckethead on CD. I'd still like to hear Robin on CD. To go through the process of re recording would be madness.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2579 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »

a hoi hoi,
Mojoeye

-= iZzBo =-

Axl cut Buckethead free - I got the impression Buckethead quit without the input from anyone. Buckethead wanted to get back to his own thing, which is a good thing. I'd still like to hear Buckethead on CD. I'd still like to hear Robin on CD. To go through the process of re recording would be madness.

Axl said that Buckethead is featured on Chinese Democracy. Record is finished and done, no re-recordings are going to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: