Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 745012 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2440 on: June 04, 2008, 08:58:05 PM »

you could've said "I see your point that my constant posting about the past can be seen as off topic or even annoying by people who'd rather focus on the present and look to the future".
i do see your point...and its a descent one

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2441 on: June 04, 2008, 10:58:27 PM »

When the album comes out I will get that fire back. Because I will be able to connect with the main contributors on that album and the time period it was made.

until then would you kindly go away? 

The site can do whatever it wants. I dont care anymore. And that at times sux when I think about it. But what it should definitely do is keep a lid on mr Jim bob. the stuff he blurts out...yikes Lips Sealed

fuck off.   i am entitled to my opinions, just as you are yours.    difference is i actually give a  shit about the guys in the band now and you'd just rather dwell on what was. 
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2442 on: June 05, 2008, 12:06:36 AM »

Buckethead is still on "Chinese Democracy", so he's still in the Gn'R Family....sorta...ish...?

Anyway, the point is all the complaining and all of the issues coming up in this thread isn't about Robin in particular (maybe for some), but the fact that the band is inactive from the viewpoint of the public eye is the issue. Say that you see a chef prepare an awesome new pizza recipe at a show. You see how amazing it is and you want some for yourself. So you go to his restaurant. Now to you, it doesn't matter what the chefs are doing in the kitchen, people just want the pizza that they saw some time ago. And if the chef comes out and says "hey, I'm sorry...you'll have your pizza in 30 minutes if all goes according to plan...", then you tend to believe him and get excited. But then if the pizza still isn't there in 30 minutes and the chef comes out again and says "hey...sorry, we're working on this pizza still...", you'll get a little more agitated, but still hope for the pizza to come.

Then say the chef comes out and says, "hey.....the pizza is done....all the toppings are on there, it's going to be delicious....but it's not ready for you yet.....we'll keep it warm, but we can't give you the pizza yet", you're going to start to get real fucking pissed off. Then lets pretend the chef doesn't come back for hours. Most people are going to leave. Others are going to sit, waiting for the pizza. Common courtesy would give the hungry customers an appetizer. Something to nibble on while they wait for their expertly crafted, delicious, new hot pizza pie, dripping with the best cheese and filled to the top with yummy toppings.

And that's where the metaphor ends. The chef hasn't said a word. The customer hasn't been talked to, let alone given something to digest during the arduous wait, and the pizza nowhere to be found. Sure it's in the kitchen somewhere, but who gives a fuck.

No one blames the chef, the garbage boy, or anyone else. They don't want to hear from people who have already had some of the Chef's great pizza. They don't care how special the box is or if it comes on a plate or a pan or in a bowl. People just want their fucking pizza and they're tired of waiting.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:10:37 AM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2443 on: June 05, 2008, 12:10:13 AM »

Buckethead is still on "Chinese Democracy", so he's still in the Gn'R Family....sorta...ish...?

Anyway, the point is all the complaining and all of the issues coming up in this thread isn't about Robin in particular (maybe for some), but the fact that the band is inactive from the viewpoint of the public eye. It doesn't matter what the chefs are doing in the kitchen, people just want their pizza. And if the chef comes out and says "hey, I'm sorry...you'll have your pizza in 30 minutes if all goes according to plan...", then you tend to believe him and get excited. But then if the pizza still isn't there in 30 minutes and the chef comes out again and says "hey...sorry, we're working on this pizza still...", you'll get a little more agitated, but still hope for the pizza to come.

Then say the chef comes out and says, "hey.....the pizza is done....all the toppings are on there, it's going to be delicious....but it's not ready for you yet.....we'll keep it warm, but we can't give you the pizza yet", you're going to start to get real fucking pissed off. Then lets pretend the chef doesn't come back for hours. Most people are going to leave. Others are going to sit, waiting for the pizza. Common courtesy would give the hungry customers an appetizer. Something to nibble on while they wait for their expertly crafted, delicious, new hot pizza pie, dripping with the best cheese and filled to the top with yummy toppings.

And that's where the metaphor ends. The chef hasn't said a word. The customer hasn't been talked to, let alone given something to digest during the arduous wait, and the pizza nowhere to be found. Sure it's in the kitchen somewhere, but who gives a fuck.

No one blames the chef, the garbage boy, or anyone else. They don't want to hear from people who have already had some of the Chef's great pizza. People just want their fucking pizza and they're tired of waiting.

this has got to be one of the dumbest metaphors i've ever seen.

if a pizza place takes more than a half hour to make my pizza, i'm going somewhere else.

this is music.   this is a band.   we have no control over anything.  we are not owed anything.   like axl said, in the end this is just an album.  hardly something worth getting upset over.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2444 on: June 05, 2008, 12:18:24 AM »

Really, because the metaphor makes a lot of sense. Lets see, how many people post on GNR Forums nowadays?

Ok. Compare that number to how many were here when the band was touring. See, all those people went bye-bye.
They went somewhere else. Gone. They'll return later when they can get their pizza, but for now they'll settle with some other kind.
But some people only eat the best kinds. Like Lombardi's or DeFara's in New York City. Real good stuff. Others can eat Domino's Pizza
and be perfectly content.

Yep, it's just pizza. If I eat a hamburger, I'm going to be perfectly fine. I'm not going to die the next day.
I'm not saying I'm owed pizza. I'm saying that a large room full of people are waiting to buy that pizza.
They really want it and unfortunately, they can't have any. That's fine. I'm not saying that I'm owed anything.
I'm saying that t's common courtesy for the chef to check in every once and awhile to see how things are going and
as an act of generosity, to throw some bread to the people every once and awhile. Nothing much. Just something.
And a lot of people out there are hungry. So you can starve the people or you can help them love you even more.
Not everything is "right" and "wrong"...people do stupid things for stupid reasons, I'm merely proving a point.

Listen I love the band. I don't expect anything or feel I'm owed anything. I'm showing what others are feeling.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:21:40 AM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2445 on: June 05, 2008, 02:13:45 AM »

People talk about commitment, IMHO Robin didnt learn/ practice the old songs to a level i would regard competent/ good/ acceptable.

Someone was in the band 10+ years, who never bothered to nail songs (in his ow style or anyone elses). I have always maintained his mediocrity.

he nails the songs perfectly.   you were obviously going to see a different band back in 2006,

if your definition of "nailing perfectly" includes some errors often here and there....you might be ok, but thats not the standard definition which excludes errors.
for example check out some of the asia 2002 SCOM or nov. rain/novarock06 where he completely ruins the songs!
technically (musicwise) he is just not that good player people like you want him to be in the gnr history book, and this is a fact!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2446 on: June 05, 2008, 02:33:08 AM »

People talk about commitment, IMHO Robin didnt learn/ practice the old songs to a level i would regard competent/ good/ acceptable.

Someone was in the band 10+ years, who never bothered to nail songs (in his ow style or anyone elses). I have always maintained his mediocrity.

he nails the songs perfectly.   you were obviously going to see a different band back in 2006,

if your definition of "nailing perfectly" includes some errors often here and there....you might be ok, but thats not the standard definition which excludes errors.
for example check out some of the asia 2002 SCOM or nov. rain/novarock06 where he completely ruins the songs!
technically (musicwise) he is just not that good player people like you want him to be in the gnr history book, and this is a fact!

every single musican fucks up live.  even your stupid hero.

I think Finck has an awesome style.   Some of you don't get it, and thats fine. 

no matter what you say, no matter how sad it makes you, he is already in the GnR history book, and that is a fact.   
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2447 on: June 05, 2008, 02:37:00 AM »

Robin's a good guitar player. He's emulating the GNR style, the choppy bluesy-screech that Slash used to do. Sometimes it comes off messy and poor.
Bumblefoot is an amazing guitarist but his riffing comes off as noise to most. They aren't perfect, but they're both very good guitarists, and people
like to point out their worst/most unpopular moments more than they do their good moments.

Bumblefoot > Robin, naturally, but both are good. Listen to BBF on "Nightrain" and try to tell me otherwise. Or some of Robin's intro's to "Paradise City"
or some of his duets with Richard, or hell, listen to "Better". That riff is killer and the drive and power behind it is amazing.

Buckethead is pretty much a guitar-god. None shall pass. I hope plays with GNR in the future.  beer
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2448 on: June 05, 2008, 02:40:59 AM »

Bumblefoot > Robin, naturally, but both are good. Listen to BBF on "Nightrain" and try to tell me otherwise. Or some of Robin's intro's to "Paradise City"
or some of his duets with Richard, or hell, listen to "Better". That riff is killer and the drive and power behind it is amazing.

bumblefoot is a more technical player.   the styles are too different to say one is better than the other.. i think its subjective, just a matter of which style you like better.   both are great guitarists tho.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2449 on: June 05, 2008, 02:45:39 AM »

Yeah Rim, I agree with you in many ways. People fail to realize why GNR has three guitarists, they all have distinct styles and that's what creates great music that doesn't get bogged down in repetition. That and there are many layers to the new songs. Bumble/Bucket is the technical, solo-ing type, Robin has a great style on lead, and Fortus has a real nice, bluesy Izzy vibe going for him on rhythm. Their styles mesh very well together.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2450 on: June 05, 2008, 03:52:02 AM »

every single musican fucks up live.  even your stupid hero.

I think Finck has an awesome style.   Some of you don't get it, and thats fine. 

no matter what you say, no matter how sad it makes you, he is already in the GnR history book, and that is a fact.   

- "finck nails songs perfectly" - when proving wrong your next argument: "everyone makes mistales live".......is this how you are discussing things? ouch!
- critism on your behaviour trying to post objective statements when they are based on subjective matters only - Slash is a stupid hero for me (i didnt even mention him!)
- "i think Finck has an awesome style"  - wow, finally you did it right adding thats your personal opinion. please "think on".

there is no doubt Finck is part of Axl's new gnr creation, he just isnt that good technically on guitar as people like you want to make others believe, exspecially playing the classic tunes live - as proven on circulating recordings. his "style" doesnt matter in this.

Re-Union time, baby!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2451 on: June 05, 2008, 11:57:29 AM »

even your stupid hero.
how were you able to get into gnr if you hate slash that much?

Not yet. Until the album comes out and people can hear Robins and th rest of the bands contributions they are not completely etched into gnr history. As of right now they are all combined in one chapter about what happened fter old gnr broke up. When the album comes out then they will be able to reap the rewards and be properly placed into GNr history.

Robin and Slash are two different types of players. I enjoy both. I might not like what Slash has done or said since he left but Im also not dumb enough to say he cant hold Robins jock or denounce what he did with the old band. Take off the pom poms, I dont even think Axl hates Slash musical ability. 

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2452 on: June 05, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »

even your stupid hero.

i don't.  i hate his fans that come here and troll.   i'm indifferent on the guy personally.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2453 on: June 05, 2008, 12:34:53 PM »

even your stupid hero.

I'm sorry I like bh I have no reason to dislike anyone as far as  they don't  talk shit about my fav band ie, current GNR.

for the record I never loved slash. people use the word love too cheaply. learn what's real  love and trust here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hostage_%28ballad%29
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:38:02 PM by ppbebe » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2454 on: June 05, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »

If he betrayed Axl again, I say see u and get that guy outta here once and for all.

he doesnt deserve to be in GNR if he is gonna turn his back on Axl and the fans that way.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2455 on: June 05, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »

Seeing those pictures, I hope this is just some pent up aggression Robin's working out of his system. BTW, I'm definitely not a fan of his new look. C'mon Robin...

I don't mind Robin playing with NIN, what bothers me is him not explaining himself to the members of Guns N' Roses. We're not involved. If Robin tells them,
they can tell us. That's how it works.

It's like when you're thinking about how awesome your girlfriend is and you can't wait to see her, but then you find out that she's hanging out with some guy.
It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it gives off a certain impression and message. It's saying "I don't value you enough to tell you this" at the very least,
or perhaps they've decided to cheat on you. Either way it's inconsiderate and selfish.

I'm not here to tell Robin how to run his life, I'm just saying, that's the way his actions are being construed by the fans and probably GNR.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2456 on: June 05, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »

found this Huh

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2457 on: June 05, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »

of cource there will be pictures, lol, hes doin a tour with NIN, not a big secret, you think that there arent gonna be pics?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2458 on: June 05, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »

That picture looks like he got in a fight with a Flowbee and lost.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2459 on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »

found this Huh

It's clearly a pony-hawk/rat-tail/mullet. Duh!  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: