Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746413 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2420 on: June 04, 2008, 01:53:51 PM »

robin plays Better. That's a fact, full stop.

You guys still talking about this... man.

word.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2421 on: June 04, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »

Slash is a washup, a has been, he's no longer in Guns N' Roses, and hasn't been for 12-14 years.  smoking   enough about him now, this thread is about Robin.

Who also appears to no longer be in Guns N' Roses

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2422 on: June 04, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »

Latest news surrounding this interesting topic.....Robin still plays off key 80% of the time  peace
And you're still making stupid comments 100% of the time. peace

And your responses to my comments are like a broken record 101% of the time    peace

This signature is very funny.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2423 on: June 04, 2008, 05:20:20 PM »

Slash is a washup, a has been, he's no longer in Guns N' Roses, and hasn't been for 12-14 years.  smoking   enough about him now, this thread is about Robin.

if you want to jump to conclusions, lets say the same about Richard since he is touring with the pyschodelic furs?   or how about Ron working on his solo album?  surely he's out of the band too!   what about Tommy?  we haven't heard anything about him for a while.  i'm sure he is no longer in Guns N' Roses either.

don't make those kinds of speculations, just wait until the band returns from hiatus.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2424 on: June 04, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »

And your responses to my comments are like a broken record 101% of the time    peace

Oh, do be quiet.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2425 on: June 04, 2008, 06:00:56 PM »

if you want to jump to conclusions, lets say the same about Richard since he is touring with the pyschodelic furs?   or how about Ron working on his solo album?  surely he's out of the band too!   what about Tommy?  we haven't heard anything about him for a while.  i'm sure he is no longer in Guns N' Roses either.

don't make those kinds of speculations, just wait until the band returns from hiatus.

The difference is Robin left without telling Axl/GNR and hasn't said a word to the fans about it.  At least admit that those are pretty bad signs.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2426 on: June 04, 2008, 06:03:27 PM »

You're right, he may not be gone.  It's all just speculation.  I just don't like the attitude that we call someone a washup because they're no longer in Guns N Roses.  People used to love guys like Buckethead and Brain too.  Then when they are gone it's "no big deal, they can be replaced."  Like everyone is the shit until they're no longer a part of the band.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2427 on: June 04, 2008, 06:06:17 PM »

You're right, he may not be gone.  It's all just speculation.  I just don't like the attitude that we call someone a washup because they're no longer in Guns N Roses.  People used to love guys like Buckethead and Brain too.  Then when they are gone it's "no big deal, they can be replaced."  Like everyone is the shit until they're no longer a part of the band.

Brain is still in the band by his own admission.   I'm sure some people miss buckethead and he's a great guitarist, but theres no need to dwell on what was and things we cannot change.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2428 on: June 04, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »

i have to laugh at this. The posters who dont want to talk about slash, continue to bring his name up for comparative reasons.

I didnt bring slash up, i just thought it was funny that one poster believed that Robin plays SCOM better than anyone in the history of the world ever. Which is just absurd!

People talk about commitment, IMHO Robin didnt learn/ practice the old songs to a level i would regard competent/ good/ acceptable.

Someone was in the band 10+ years, who never bothered to nail songs (in his ow style or anyone elses). I have always maintained his mediocrity.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2429 on: June 04, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »

Hate to say it but until axl releases an album, he's the only one who is going to be considered a 'wash up'. At the end of the day the way I see it is that I have seen merit in most of the
Musicians who have played with gnr and wish em all the best whatever trnaspires in their careers.

Here today...ready to rock
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2430 on: June 04, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »

People talk about commitment, IMHO Robin didnt learn/ practice the old songs to a level i would regard competent/ good/ acceptable.

Someone was in the band 10+ years, who never bothered to nail songs (in his ow style or anyone elses). I have always maintained his mediocrity.

he nails the songs perfectly.   you were obviously going to see a different band back in 2006,
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #2431 on: June 04, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »

one suggests you go to this website, its called youtube. Its great. people can video stuff, like shows from the 2006 guns n roses tour and then you can actually see and hears some songs from the gig, its AMAZING.

ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2432 on: June 04, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »

one suggests you go to this website, its called youtube. Its great. people can video stuff, like shows from the 2006 guns n roses tour and then you can actually see and hears some songs from the gig, its AMAZING.

ok

well the people who actually cared enough to go the shows, 99% of them were enjoying themselves and loving every minute.. including Robin's playing.   You have to see the band live to see how Robin is the perfect fit in the band with Axl on stage and everyone else.    Come back and try to argue this after you've actually experienced it.  until then you are just a geek with a computer and an annoying opinion.
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #2433 on: June 04, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »

you really are thick. I saw three UK shows. Hammersmith, Glasgow, Newcastle.

I love GNR. 1986-2008. I just think Robin is a sloppy sloppy live player, and, as someone who can player guitar to a reasonably high level, i think i can critique his performances. Which, at times i think, are less than acceptable for a lead guitar player ina band such as GnR. He's supposed to be the focal point, when in actual fact he's easily the weakest player in the band.

case closed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:33:39 PM by daviebuckethead » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2434 on: June 04, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »

I just don't like the attitude that we call someone a washup because they're no longer in Guns N Roses.  People used to love guys like Buckethead and Brain too.  Then when they are gone it's "no big deal, they can be replaced."  Like everyone is the shit until they're no longer a part of the band.
Agreed. And god for bid you like any particular lineup. If your not drooling over the current lineup then your not a fan, you should move on, gnr dont work for you, you cant have it your way.....all that good stuff is what you get

No1 is jumping to conclusions. We are stating the obivious. Robin is gone. He decided to leave. Why? Who knows.

Its very simple. Gnr hasnt said anything because they are leaving the door open for him. They dont want him to go. But sooner or later they will have to make an announcement when they are ready to drop the album. Hopefully by then Robin will quit the NIN world tour and come back to gnr....I personally dont think he will. Otherwise why would he sign up in the first place? To kill time? RObin has killed time in many different ways. Signing back up with NIN isnt one of them. Stop denying what is right in front of you.

When Tommy, Ron, Fortus, etc announce that they will be embarking on a major tour with a major band then bring up there names. Till then stop with the lame examples of "well Ron does his solo stuff and hes not out of the band" crap. Please just stop. Its old It really is.

It was a surprise to Axl and the band that Robin did what he did. Came out of left field. Stop trying to sugar coat everything around here.

And thanks for that Robin/Slash SCOM comment. Really hilarious.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2435 on: June 04, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »

Agreed. And god for bid you like any particular lineup. If your not drooling over the current lineup then your not a fan, you should move on, gnr dont work for you, you cant have it your way.....all that good stuff is what you get

Just because you love being told the same things over and over again I'll explain it to you.

If you're only here to remind everybody how much better things were in 2002 when Buckethead was in the band, you're just like all those so called fans who keep referring to themselves as sufferers and keep bringing up the old band in every other thread.

Do you get it now or are you gonna tell me to change the site to fit your needs again?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2436 on: June 04, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »

Do you get it now or are you gonna tell me to change the site to fit your needs again?
would you really do that for me? yes

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2437 on: June 04, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »

would you really do that for me? yes

Avoid the issue.

Just like the times when you demanded this site to change to fit your needs, instead of you changing back to the person you used to be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2438 on: June 04, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »

Avoid the issue.

Just like the times when you demanded this site to change to fit your needs, instead of you changing back to the person you used to be.
Im not avoiding anything. What would you like me to say? I really thought that the 2000-02 lineup era was amazing. I cant change back to "the person I used to be" because times have changed. The lineup has changed. I cant just automatically connect with a new guitarist like some of you here can.

Am I still a fan? Absolutely. I still consider myself a die hard fan. Just with a little less passion then I had at one time. There are other factors that contribute to that, not just lineup changes.

When the album comes out I will get that fire back. Because I will be able to connect with the main contributors on that album and the time period it was made.

The new guys are cool and are capable of "doing the job". But for me its all about 2000-2004ish era of GNR.

The site can do whatever it wants. I dont care anymore. And that at times sux when I think about it. But what it should definitely do is keep a lid on mr Jim bob. the stuff he blurts out...yikes Lips Sealed

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2439 on: June 04, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »

Im not avoiding anything. What would you like me to say?

Well if you understood the post, you could've said "I see your point that my constant posting about the past can be seen as off topic or even annoying by people who'd rather focus on the present and look to the future".

But instead you make excuses for yourself.

I really thought that the 2000-02 lineup era was amazing. 

There were at least two line ups between 2000 and 2002.

In the future, maybe you can just say that you liked Buckethead in the band instead of just going on and on about the line up?

But you can do so in Dead Horse. That's where those posts belong.  ok

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:57:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: