Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 06:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748283 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2340 on: May 31, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »

Keep in mind that Robin may be on the fence til this day about whether he'll return to GN'R once they tour again.  I think the timing will work out as such that he will be back.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2341 on: May 31, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »

Keep in mind that Robin may be on the fence til this day about whether he'll return to GN'R once they tour again.  I think the timing will work out as such that he will be back.

could very well be.    but its definitely premature to be calling this whole fiasco, "Robin's departure", and I see it all over the place.  Some people assume he left, so they talk like he left.   Other people who may not read the boards so heavily but come to read GnR news on the occasion see shit like that and take it as fact.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2342 on: June 01, 2008, 12:37:31 AM »

Maybe I missed it, but if Robin is still in the band, why aren't his NIN tour dates listed on the front page (or at least in a seperate thread)?

Frank's stuff is listed, Dizzy's stuff, Bumblefoot appearances, Fortus shows etc. etc. 

Robin's gig is just another "side project," just like theirs are.  Right?  Right?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #2343 on: June 01, 2008, 03:12:25 AM »

WHY HASN'T IT DAWNED ON SOME OF YOU FUCK NUTS that Robin's just making some extra $$$$$. He NEVER said he was out of GNR...hmmm I say he's just touring and he knows where his REAL nest egg ($$$) lies, YEP! in the GNR camp...   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2344 on: June 01, 2008, 03:16:36 AM »

Maybe I missed it, but if Robin is still in the band, why aren't his NIN tour dates listed on the front page (or at least in a seperate thread)?

Frank's stuff is listed, Dizzy's stuff, Bumblefoot appearances, Fortus shows etc. etc. 

Robin's gig is just another "side project," just like theirs are.  Right?  Right?

Ive asked that several times

Cause this isnt a NIN board?

I dont really understand it either.

It makes me believe that robin doesnt have Axl's blessing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2345 on: June 01, 2008, 04:20:13 AM »

Ive asked that several times

It makes me believe that robin doesnt have Axl's blessing.

mabye its because we cant actually promote a band like nin on a  gnr message board

dont ask me why though , how this is any different to bumbles/richards solo work,

its still just a side project as far as we are aware of, right?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #2346 on: June 01, 2008, 05:09:56 AM »

I mean to be perfectly honest my man, how many other phrases can sum it up that people should just get on with their daily lives happy in the fact that one day our favourite band will soon have an album coming out other than the one I used? But shit eh! I coined a phrase that was nearly similar to one our man Axl used a long time ago during a show, and you were clever/sad enough to remember it, quote it and bring it up on a message board! Congratulations! You must have a lot going on in your life!

thats what i was saying ..but obviously my point went way over your head...as for being 31 years old ... so what congratulations...want a cookie? if there is one thing i've learned over the years on these forums, your age and number of times you've see the bands has nothing to do with how big a fan you are...not one of us is any better than another...cuz xomeone is frustrated at the moment makes them a shitty fan? get a fucking clue

you dont know what is happening in other people's lives especially my own so dont assume too much...and my post wasnt necessarily directed at you...you just happened to be the latest jackass to use that quote

Hey my man, settle down a second. I have never said that someones age makes them a bigger fan than someone else. That would not be fair to do that and disrespectful to people who may be younger or older but love the band just as much.

This whole thing started because you decided to be kind of offensive by insinuating that I had directly quoted Axl Rose during my original post about, how people should get on with their lives instead of trying to second guess what is happening with the band. Plain and simple. Like I said I have my own mind and I couldnt ever imagine that I would quote other people. I would rather use my own mind and my own phrases.

No I dont know you at all my friend and I dont feel that I made any comment to hint that I do, so I dont really know where your going with that one. I stated that you must have a lot going on with your life if you have the time to dig up an old Axl Rose quote and post it against my comment, to make out that I was copying that particular statement.

The only thing I guess about being 31 is that I have learnt to be a bit more mature nowadays instead of hurling insults at people if something gets said that offends! i.e

you just happened to be the latest jackass to use that quote
[/quote]

Whats the need eh mate? That actually would be closer to the point that you hinted at. That you know a bit about my life, if you think as I have mentioned before I would quote Axl to look cool!! Not my style and if you knew me you too would know that!

I'm not here to insult people full stop. I live and breath Guns N Roses. I very much like this site because it is genuine, I like Jarmo because he is a friendly and genuine bloke and for the whole the topics on here are interesting except the stupid fucking speculation filled threads which is the only reason I vented a tiny bit of exasparation, which you seemed to take offence to and blow out of proportion for some reason!

So be happy my man and just enjoy being a Guns fan because it will all be fucking great soon when the album comes out and all the other good shit that comes with that happens as well!!

Mike

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:14:46 AM by 33 » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2347 on: June 01, 2008, 05:15:16 AM »

Soul Asylum isnt a huge huge band anymore, neither was Heart but both those were plugged on the main page.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2348 on: June 01, 2008, 09:42:43 AM »

I can't believe this thread has reached this many pages.  GNR is not touring right now, Robin is not doing anything different then what the other band members have down or are doing.  There may have been some tension between Trent and Robin, but if they put it aside, whats the big deal with him touring with an old friend.  Would you bash Axl if Slash made an apperance.  Robin is identifiable with NIN and as well as GNR, let him rock.  He has not given any indication that he quit, Del's email summed it up, its an educated gamble.  Well by gamble if he means that Robin stays busy with NIN, GNR releases CD, then Robin comes back to tour with GNR, that sounds like a well thought out plan.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2349 on: June 01, 2008, 11:43:43 AM »

Are youze two really that stupid or are youze just trying to antagonize Jarmo?  Thousands of people have managed to find out the NIN tour dates without reading about them on a GN'R fan page.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2350 on: June 01, 2008, 12:32:14 PM »

Are youze two really that stupid or are youze just trying to antagonize Jarmo?  Thousands of people have managed to find out the NIN tour dates without reading about them on a GN'R fan page.  Roll Eyes

Im with them, I wont side with anyone using "youze"   hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2351 on: June 01, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Im with them, I wont side with anyone using "youze"   hihi

I think you too, D and Woody and BKinNYC nailed it.  This didn't have Axl's wishes because apparently he had no clue....  Jarmo, does Bumble and Fortus email you directly about when they tour?  Maybe Jarmo didn't get an email from Finck, or maybe he felt it would cause a bigger uproar than the 100+ pages already have.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2352 on: June 01, 2008, 04:50:38 PM »

Were his zaerial dates listed on the front page?

I think you're mistaken if you think you can read axl's mind in the HTGTH main page.

its definitely premature to be calling this whole fiasco, "Robin's departure", and I see it all over the place.  Some people assume he left, so they talk like he left.   Other people who may not read the boards so heavily but come to read GnR news on the occasion see shit like that and take it as fact.

Isn't it strange that those few who repeatedly state 'He's a goner' altho there's no confirmation are basically the ones who don't care for robin. Who don't care for any good news from the band. It's hard to believe they actually worry about it.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #2353 on: June 01, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »

^ Agree ^

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2354 on: June 01, 2008, 05:39:25 PM »

Isn't it strange that those few who repeatedly state 'He's a goner' altho there's no confirmation are basically the ones who don't care for robin. Who don't care for any good news from the band. It's hard to believe they actually worry about it.

of course.. and its the same people who only seem to care about nothing but "the R word".  but thankfully most of that crowd are on other boards.  Smiley
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2355 on: June 01, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

of course.. and its the same people who only seem to care about nothing but "the R word".  but thankfully most of that crowd are on other boards.  Smiley

I think it would be cool to have all those opinions expressed freely here.  I love this board, and that is my only complaint about it.  It's the best place for GNR news and a great place for discussion.  I just think the rules make it hard to get a true cross-section of the fan base.  Jarmo, that's not meant to be a slam at you or the board, only my opinion of one rule.

A large majority of hard core fans get upset at the band from time to time, and they have legitimate concerns about the future of GNR from time to time.  I could say "just live your life and be patient", but it wouldn't resonate with many hard core fans.  I'm the biggest fan in the world, but I get pessimistic often.  10 years of waiting and getting your hopes up a dozen times only to have to wait more can do that.  No amount of anyone saying "just be patient" can change those feelings.

My HOPE is that the album is released in 2008 and Finck is still in the band.   But my hopes have been dashed many times before. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2356 on: June 01, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

I used to love Robin being in GNR ..... and I love "any good news" that I read or hear about GNR ..... and I am NOT a supporter of "the R word".......... but since he pulled this shit, I do hope it's true that Robin is "a goner".

As for the trolls n' spammers (and youze know who youze are), I find it laughable that the same peoples whining about the NIN dates not being on a GNR fan site's main page are also the same ones who were whining about the VR dates not being listed on the HTGTH site page.  But these same trolls n' spammers never acknowledge that both of these other bands' tour dates ARE listed on this forum in their proper threads!!!.

And the "JARMO!!!  ADMIT IT!!!  YOU'RE REALLY GNR's MANAGER!!! or YOU'RE REALLY AXL'S THIRD COUSIN TWICE REMOVED!!!" bit and adding the "BUT I'M NOT CRITICIZING HOW GNR OR HTGTH ARE RUN" bit (after youze criticize how GNR or HTGTH are run) is really getting old.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:08:11 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2357 on: June 01, 2008, 07:35:28 PM »

I think it would be cool to have all those opinions expressed freely here.  I love this board, and that is my only complaint about it.  It's the best place for GNR news and a great place for discussion.  I just think the rules make it hard to get a true cross-section of the fan base.  Jarmo, that's not meant to be a slam at you or the board, only my opinion of one rule.

actually what i LOVE about this place is I dont' have to listen to that portion of the fanbase.  Grin   I am so over those old tired discussions.  I'm interested in the here and now.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #2358 on: June 01, 2008, 09:47:12 PM »

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. "   Wink

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2359 on: June 01, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. "   Wink

haha...yep thats about it  hihi  ok

never let down cuz you always expect the worst

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: