Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:30:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784335 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2300 on: May 30, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »

proof isnt needed. hes gone. if he wasnt he or gnr would have said something.
last time Robin toured with NIN he did leave the band and he was public about it.    So yes, proof is needed before you people start assuming the worst.

Throw in the fact that they were blindsided by Robins departure

there is no departure.   thats you speculating and spreading lies.  when  Robin or someone from GnR says he's out.. then he's out, until then, he's still the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2301 on: May 30, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »

Everyone here is relaxing, enjoying their lives and are patiently waiting. Till that day comes we are allowed to discuss and speculate on our favorite band are we not?

speculation, in general, is harmful.  it spreads falsehoods about the band.   its stupid.   
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2302 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »

last time Robin toured with NIN he did leave the band and he was public about it.    So yes, proof is needed before you people start assuming the worst.
Im not assuming anything. Robin is going to go on a NIN World tour. CD should be out no later than November. So unless you think that RObin will ditch NIN sometime in Sept/Ocober then I will assume he is out of the band.

there is no departure.   thats you speculating and spreading lies.  when  Robin or someone from GnR says he's out.. then he's out, until then, he's still the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses.
Im not speculating or spreading lies. I know for a fact that his departure/decision, whatever you want to call it, took the band by surprise.

Its actually a good thing that Robin hasnt made any definitive statements because it leaves the doors open for his return. Hopefully his plans are to return.

speculation, in general, is harmful.  it spreads falsehoods about the band.   its stupid
I guess. Speculation and rumors are what drove the old band to the top back in the day. And there wasnt even the internet!. Its good and bad. If your sensitive then you wont like it I suppose.
Speculation and rumors have kept Axl and the new band relevant over the past decade as well. Theres a good side and bad side to it.

I think there have been a lot of bullshit lies and rumors over the years but you cant blame anyone for that. Its up to the fans to decipher it. It is what it is. Axl chose not to say much(and I agree with that strategy) over the years. But in doing so there are consequences.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:38:36 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #2303 on: May 30, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »

Yeah speculation isn't the healthiest thing out there...

neither is wishful thinking...

get real

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2304 on: May 30, 2008, 08:01:30 PM »

Just relax enjoy your lives and wait for the day when it all happens!!!

Quote from: Axl
If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.
this has to be the most asinine thing to be repeated over and over on these forums....if there was one thing i wish axl never said it was that thing you are quoting right there

do people that actually use this quote in one form or another think that people just sit around on our computers shitting our pants and eating cheesies waiting for Axl news? if anyone needs a life its those who constantly quote Axl

hehehehehe "Chinese Democracy starts now"....duh-ey, hehehehe

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2305 on: May 30, 2008, 08:29:54 PM »

I'm not really up for reading about 116 pages of this thread to see if anyone has covered this point, but here goes...

Robin is in NIN, as far as we know (given that there is no official word yet) still with GnR. Ok. The thing I found interesting about this is thinking back to some of the articles that popped up during Axl's 'exile' period of GnR where he was still hashing out a band to work with (ie: Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, etc.) and there was a lot of buzz around Axl's infatuation with industrial music an NIN and that the next GnR album was going to be a techno album or something. We now know this to be false, though we did get a couple really industrial sounding tunes in 'Oh My God' and 'Silkworms', and a lot of techno-ish flourishes like drum machines and things in 'TWAT', 'Madagascar', and the intro to 'Chinese Democracy' (the studio version). And  rumor has it that there are a lot of really progressive tracks slated for later GnR albums that have more of that vibe to it.

So what is my point? My point is that it's almost a good thing to have Robin in GnR, but to also give him the blessing to do NIN as well when he wants. Think about it, GnR now has an active member of NIN in the fold. So now when we get something down the line that has more aggressive industrial leanings it makes sense. There is less of a disconnect there than if Axl disappears for 10 years, reappears with a whole new GnR and they are all about keyboards and drum machines. That doesn't add up to casual GnR fans, which adds up to bad record sales. At least now if they pull off some really left field album down the line people will go 'oh, well, the guy from NIN is working with Axl, it makes sense to me that these elements are popping up in this music'.

Not to mention how relevant NIN are at the moment, with the free albums, and the Year Zero promotional thing, etc. It definitely adds an element to GnR that is at least as culturally relevant as Axl or GnR, if not more as Trent Reznor is doing a pretty good job of keeping a high profile. Bringing some of that back to GnR in the form of one of NIN's members is surely a good move.

Or I'm just full of shit. Who fucking knows except for Robin, Axl, NIN and GnR.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2306 on: May 30, 2008, 08:37:31 PM »

Robin is going with NIN on their North American tour.  There have been no international dates announced, and Robin hasn't been confirmed for anything beyond the NA tour.  The NA tour only goes through the beginning of September.  I don't really see the conflict here

Then when you look at Trent's comments about what his future touring plans outside of the US would entail, it seems unlikely that the current NIN live lineup will remain intact past this NA tour

When CD comes out, if Robin spurns GnR and the chance to play his own songs live while making at least as much if not more money, in favor of playing Trent's songs and never having a chance of being a creative musician in the context of NIN, that's his choice and if he chooses that then best of luck to him but I really don't see why anyone would do that. 
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2307 on: May 30, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »

personally, I dont really care if robins in or out

as long as Richard and Ron are still in the band, Im fuckin happy,

I liked robin, but Richard and bumble can hold the fort if need be
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:54:02 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #2308 on: May 30, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »

While I'm discouraged by the situation, I think it's good news that we haven't heard anything. If Robin has/had quit, I think they'd have just announced it, instead of dancing around the issue. No news, as of now, is probably good news...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2309 on: May 30, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »

I'm not really up for reading about 116 pages of this thread to see if anyone has covered this point, but here goes...

Robin is in NIN, as far as we know (given that there is no official word yet) still with GnR. Ok. The thing I found interesting about this is thinking back to some of the articles that popped up during Axl's 'exile' period of GnR where he was still hashing out a band to work with (ie: Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, etc.) and there was a lot of buzz around Axl's infatuation with industrial music an NIN and that the next GnR album was going to be a techno album or something. We now know this to be false, though we did get a couple really industrial sounding tunes in 'Oh My God' and 'Silkworms', and a lot of techno-ish flourishes like drum machines and things in 'TWAT', 'Madagascar', and the intro to 'Chinese Democracy' (the studio version). And  rumor has it that there are a lot of really progressive tracks slated for later GnR albums that have more of that vibe to it.

So what is my point? My point is that it's almost a good thing to have Robin in GnR, but to also give him the blessing to do NIN as well when he wants. Think about it, GnR now has an active member of NIN in the fold. So now when we get something down the line that has more aggressive industrial leanings it makes sense. There is less of a disconnect there than if Axl disappears for 10 years, reappears with a whole new GnR and they are all about keyboards and drum machines. That doesn't add up to casual GnR fans, which adds up to bad record sales. At least now if they pull off some really left field album down the line people will go 'oh, well, the guy from NIN is working with Axl, it makes sense to me that these elements are popping up in this music'.

Not to mention how relevant NIN are at the moment, with the free albums, and the Year Zero promotional thing, etc. It definitely adds an element to GnR that is at least as culturally relevant as Axl or GnR, if not more as Trent Reznor is doing a pretty good job of keeping a high profile. Bringing some of that back to GnR in the form of one of NIN's members is surely a good move.

Or I'm just full of shit. Who fucking knows except for Robin, Axl, NIN and GnR.

Aaaaah, well with all due respect maybe you should have read the 116 pages and then we wouldn't have one more post about stupid speculation on this situation. (No offense.) I will ay that the NIN element you add does make a little sense. Maybe.

MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2310 on: May 30, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »

I liked robin, but Ron and bumble can hold the fort if need be

Richard and Bumble..?? right..??  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2311 on: May 30, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »

do people that actually use this quote in one form or another think that people just sit around on our computers shitting our pants and eating cheesies waiting for Axl news? if anyone needs a life its those who constantly quote Axl

It's common sense isn't it?

Too bad it seems like it needs to be repeated for some people time after time.

You got some people using the word "suffer" in relation to being a GN'R fan. It's just odd.

If you wanna talk about suffering, take a look at the recent natural disasters in Myanmar or China.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2312 on: May 30, 2008, 10:09:25 PM »

It's common sense isn't it?

Too bad it seems like it needs to be repeated for some people time after time.

You got some people using the word "suffer" in relation to being a GN'R fan. It's just odd.

If you wanna talk about suffering, take a look at the recent natural disasters in Myanmar or China.

/jarmo

Do you expect that people here read news that doesn't come from this forum?

Blasphemy!

I kid.

I still can't believe how long this thread is.  What could there possibly be to debate about this for 116 pages?  I had to give up at page 15.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2313 on: May 30, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.
this has to be the most asinine thing to be repeated over and over on these forums....if there was one thing i wish axl never said it was that thing you are quoting right there

People who use the quote are people who believe that the album will come out in due time.  If you take it in the most literal sense, you are missing the point, just as you would be with most things people say.  We are waiting, but waiting patiently.  Obviously Axl's quote was directed at people who insult and denigrate the band for not releasing an album.  Anyone who uses the quote is probably technically "waiting," but not demanding or ripping the band for not releasing a new record in X amount of years
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2314 on: May 30, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »

you can wish he didn't say it, but he did say it, and therefore its valid.

i am probably guilty of using this quote before and no i dont think anyone is crapping in their pants over this, but its just a way to  respond to those who choose to complain and whine over things they can't control and speculate about things they don't know.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2315 on: May 30, 2008, 10:56:42 PM »

its just a way to  respond to those who choose to complain and whine over things they can't control and speculate about things they don't know.

the whole idea of the quote just bothers me...alot of the people around these forums have been following this CD saga since TSI came out, or since 99 at least... of course people are living their lives, its been for fucking ever, how many of you have gone through high school or graduated college, had kids, gotten married, started their own business...yadda yadda yadda

life goes on man, gnr is a hobby, an interest, yeah some peopel take things a bit serious at times, but for every complainer there is a zealot...i dunno maybe i'm totally missing the point here but when Axl said that i was equating it with the very few ...stalkers, internet impersonators, internet fake insiders claimg faxes and shit...

I just never understood why we arent allowed to speculate, and when someone does its like the end of the fucking world, every situation is gonna draw a separate reaction from different people, some will think the worst, some will not worry, some will sit on the fence...nobody's opinion is right or wrong

you fans who i will call the "optimistics" are fine thinking nothign is wrong unless we hear otherwise, those of us considered the "negatives" i feel have valid concerns when the lead guitarist is off with a major band recording albums and touring in support of them gee i wonder why, those sitting on the fence watching it unfold are prolly the most logical of us all...but having a fanbase the size of GnR there is gonna be all kinds, i dont see why some of you feel you are so much better than others, or that your opinion is more important than mine or younggunner's or whoever...people get fed up and frusttrated it happens, does it make them any less a fan? no, they still buy tickets and own the albums and maybe even other memorabilia, and above all they follow this damn saga on a regular basis

some love the new band, some hate them, some love the old band, some hate the old (which i dont get as they are responsible for the legacy as much as axl IMO....but i dont wanna get into that, its just my opinion, you're entitled to your own i dont wanna fucking read all about it, and cuz i like the old band doesnt mean i'm stuck in the 90's or that i'm taking away from the current band...its just my opinion, last i checked i was allowed to have one)

...anyway whatever i think its the diversity that actually makes this fanbase interesting, somewhere along the line things got all fucked up with GnR fans....instead of bickering and shit we should try to have constructive discussions instead of jumping down each others throats and jumping to conclusions aboout each other, that way when somethign finally happens then we can all be excited together that the wait is finally over .. just becuz thornedrose would prefer 2 guitarists over 3 makes him a bad fan? or is he spreading flasehoods about gnr? or that he doesnt have a life? for all you know he could be a millionaire...talk about assumptions, chances are you dont know much about him, lighten up folks...this is just another band who are working on releasing just another album .... no more, no less
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:59:01 PM by Neemo » Logged

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2316 on: May 31, 2008, 04:01:35 AM »

its just a way to  respond to those who choose to complain and whine over things they can't control and speculate about things they don't know.

the whole idea of the quote just bothers me...alot of the people around these forums have been following this CD saga since TSI came out, or since 99 at least... of course people are living their lives, its been for fucking ever, how many of you have gone through high school or graduated college, had kids, gotten married, started their own business...yadda yadda yadda

life goes on man, gnr is a hobby, an interest, yeah some peopel take things a bit serious at times, but for every complainer there is a zealot...i dunno maybe i'm totally missing the point here but when Axl said that i was equating it with the very few ...stalkers, internet impersonators, internet fake insiders claimg faxes and shit...

I just never understood why we arent allowed to speculate, and when someone does its like the end of the fucking world, every situation is gonna draw a separate reaction from different people, some will think the worst, some will not worry, some will sit on the fence...nobody's opinion is right or wrong

you fans who i will call the "optimistics" are fine thinking nothign is wrong unless we hear otherwise, those of us considered the "negatives" i feel have valid concerns when the lead guitarist is off with a major band recording albums and touring in support of them gee i wonder why, those sitting on the fence watching it unfold are prolly the most logical of us all...but having a fanbase the size of GnR there is gonna be all kinds, i dont see why some of you feel you are so much better than others, or that your opinion is more important than mine or younggunner's or whoever...people get fed up and frusttrated it happens, does it make them any less a fan? no, they still buy tickets and own the albums and maybe even other memorabilia, and above all they follow this damn saga on a regular basis

some love the new band, some hate them, some love the old band, some hate the old (which i dont get as they are responsible for the legacy as much as axl IMO....but i dont wanna get into that, its just my opinion, you're entitled to your own i dont wanna fucking read all about it, and cuz i like the old band doesnt mean i'm stuck in the 90's or that i'm taking away from the current band...its just my opinion, last i checked i was allowed to have one)

...anyway whatever i think its the diversity that actually makes this fanbase interesting, somewhere along the line things got all fucked up with GnR fans....instead of bickering and shit we should try to have constructive discussions instead of jumping down each others throats and jumping to conclusions aboout each other, that way when somethign finally happens then we can all be excited together that the wait is finally over .. just becuz thornedrose would prefer 2 guitarists over 3 makes him a bad fan? or is he spreading flasehoods about gnr? or that he doesnt have a life? for all you know he could be a millionaire...talk about assumptions, chances are you dont know much about him, lighten up folks...this is just another band who are working on releasing just another album .... no more, no less

quality fuckin post right their,

And everyone should read the bold part in the quote...

but hey, speculation is just another word to use for peoples imagination because at the end of the day, its not true if their are no facts behind it,

we can only base our reasoning on pass incidents and from the supposdely "insider information" on here sometimes....
and we shouldnt act like something is true or false if we have no idea about it, people are wasting their own energy posting and the energy of people on here reading  their trype saying their opinions and commanding its fact..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #2317 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:12 AM »

Hey wind it in sunshine! I'm 31 years old, and I dont need to be going round quoting people even if it is Axl Rose.

Too be perfectly honest I had forgotton about that comment he made. Must have been a long time ago now, 2002 I guess! Seems quite odd that you remember it and feel the need to quote it just because I said that people should relax and enjoy their lives!!

I could have used many different phrases that would have got my point and opinion across. I am quite grown up and mature enough to have my own mind, make my own comments and have my own opinion rather than feel the need to quote other people own thoughts. That is for sad pricks.

You obviously have never read many of my posts in the years I have used this website otherwise you would have known that.

My point has always been plain and simple. The album will come out when its damn good and ready. The band and the management are the only people who know what is going on. We will know who the members of the band are when the next big announcement is made.

I have been a fan of this band since 1986 and have seen them play close to 30 times since 1991. I have, as have many other fans been through a fucking great adventure and plenty of ups and downs. So I am quite happy to wait and be very happy when we hear the music and the whole tidal wave that will come with it. That is why I made my point that 116 odd pages of speculating is pretty fucking pathetic hence the enjoy your lives instead comment!

I mean to be perfectly honest my man, how many other phrases can sum it up that people should just get on with their daily lives happy in the fact that one day our favourite band will soon have an album coming out other than the one I used? But shit eh! I coined a phrase that was nearly similar to one our man Axl used a long time ago during a show, and you were clever/sad enough to remember it, quote it and bring it up on a message board! Congratulations! You must have a lot going on in your life!

Mike
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 04:45:55 AM by 33 » Logged

judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2318 on: May 31, 2008, 05:15:10 AM »

he wont be back no
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2319 on: May 31, 2008, 05:47:22 AM »

If he's gone, why didn't they say anything?

That is a two way street. If he is in why didn't he say anything?

Personally, I doubt if he knows one way, or the other.

And JB, ain't nothing black and white.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: