Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784578 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2240 on: May 13, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »

^As far as i know, Robin hasn't won a grammy with NIN so i'm not sure myself....

1996.. Nine Inch Nails won a grammy for their performance of for "Happiness in Slavery" on the Woodstock 94 compilation album.

Yeah, but did Robin actually win a Grammy?  He is not legally a member of NIN, he is a hired band member for touring purposes and some recording work, but no songwriting.  Is he therefore entitled to a Grammy if NIN wins one?  I don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to say it's more likely "no" than it is for a true band situation.

Ali

the band won the grammy, it was a live performance, robin was a part of that performance.   

Nine Inch Nails is not a band.  It never has been and it never will be.  Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor, period.  Just because NIN won a Grammy, that does not mean that Robin Finck took home a Grammy.  Not that he didn't deserve to.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2241 on: May 13, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »

^As far as i know, Robin hasn't won a grammy with NIN so i'm not sure myself....

1996.. Nine Inch Nails won a grammy for their performance of for "Happiness in Slavery" on the Woodstock 94 compilation album.

Yeah, but did Robin actually win a Grammy?  He is not legally a member of NIN, he is a hired band member for touring purposes and some recording work, but no songwriting.  Is he therefore entitled to a Grammy if NIN wins one?  I don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to say it's more likely "no" than it is for a true band situation.

Ali

the band won the grammy, it was a live performance, robin was a part of that performance.   

Nine Inch Nails is not a band.  It never has been and it never will be.  Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor, period.  Just because NIN won a Grammy, that does not mean that Robin Finck took home a Grammy.  Not that he didn't deserve to.

Ali

but the point is, they won a grammy for a live performance, so all of the guys on stage are grammy winners.    when NIN won a grammy in 1993, that was just Trent.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2242 on: May 13, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »

Ali

Ali

but the point is, they won a grammy for a live performance, so all of the guys on stage are grammy winners.    when NIN won a grammy in 1993, that was just Trent.

I understand, the live performance that Robin was a part of earned a Grammy.  I think he would deserve to take one home based on that.  But, what I'm saying is that doesn't necessarily mean that he was actually awarded one, unfortunately.  I don't know what the Grammy rules are on that and if that is at all dependent on Trent Reznor's input or stance on that.

By the way, I happen to love Robin's stage presence and think he's great to watch perform in a live setting.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2243 on: May 13, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

well whether he actually takes it home or not, i still think he's worthy of being called a grammy award winning guitarist because he was the guitarist on a song that won a grammy..   that was such a legendary show too.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2244 on: May 13, 2008, 09:28:45 PM »

Ali, awards are given out to the performers. It had nothing to do with who was a hired gun. It's not like its based on songwriting, or production, it was on a performance, and Trent wasn't performing by himself. So yeah, he got one.

If the Cure won, Robert Smith wouldn't be the only one to get the award, the same with King Crimson.

And if the Eagles won Glenn and Don wouldn't be the only ones to get the award, no matter how hard they protest hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2245 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »

Ali, awards are given out to the performers. It had nothing to do with who was a hired gun. It's not like its based on songwriting, or production, it was on a performance, and Trent wasn't performing by himself. So yeah, he got one.

If the Cure won, Robert Smith wouldn't be the only one to get the award, the same with King Crimson.

And if the Eagles won Glenn and Don wouldn't be the only ones to get the award, no matter how hard they protest hihi

i agree

regardless, he played a big part in the band winning the grammy.   All those guys did, that was a great live band for NIN.
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2246 on: May 23, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »

Robin leaving? Just touring?

On the new Nine Inch Nails Facebook Robin is listed as being a member of Nine Inch Nails

Members: Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Freese, Robin Finck, Rich Fownes.
Record Label: The Null Corporation

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Inch-Nails/19787971220

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #2247 on: May 23, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »

He's done, he's out.. matter of time.

We never needed 3 guitarists anyways...

Thal and Fortus are just fine.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2248 on: May 23, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »

Now that CD is complete, I guess the band needs nobody, not unless they plan to play the live again.
If and when GN'R play live, Thal and Fortus wouldn't be enough. GN'R needs a proper lead guitarist, weather it be Slash or Robin, or someone else.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:54:12 PM by uk_shaun » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #2249 on: May 23, 2008, 03:53:18 PM »

I'm just saying this can't be good news, considering Axl was even surprised by it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2250 on: May 23, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »

I saw the same info months ago. Why would that mean anything different?

We? Or just you?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2251 on: May 23, 2008, 10:02:14 PM »

jumping to conclusions are we?

we?  it has nothing to do with YOU.  if the BAND decides it needs 3 guitarists, then it does.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2252 on: May 24, 2008, 10:01:18 AM »

we?  it has nothing to do with YOU.  if the BAND decides it needs 3 guitarists, then it does.

yeah axl wanted 3 guitarsts way back in like 96 or so...i cant see him ahving a change of heart now...especially since the albums were prolly written with 3 guitarists in mind for the live show

have there been any comments from Robin lately? or just his small website update?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2253 on: May 24, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »

yeah axl wanted 3 guitarsts way back in like 96 or so...i cant see him ahving a change of heart now...especially since the albums were prolly written with 3 guitarists in mind for the live show

have there been any comments from Robin lately? or just his small website update?

No comments from Robin. I cant understand why actually, maybe because he cant say anything about GNR at all, and that includes his own situation.
Har to say. Dont even remember him doing an interview. The guy rocks! And i hope so much we will see and hear is presens at the next GnR shows!
At least we will on the album! And thats amazin!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2254 on: May 24, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »

No comments from Robin. I cant understand why actually, maybe because he cant say anything about GNR at all, and that includes his own situation.

he can say stuff about GNR, fortus says some little stuff every now and then..

i think maybe he hasn't said anything yet is ebcause he himself don't know what he'll do, maybe he have given himself an ultimatum or something who knows, time will tell
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2255 on: May 24, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »

I take it as there's no news to tell. no change yet on his part.

the site says new site soon, still in GNR time.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2256 on: May 24, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »

He isn't willing to give us an update.  His site says he's thrilled to be playing with NIN and "More dates to come".  Axl was surprised by it.

He's gone IMO.  Just read the writing on the wall.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: May 24, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »

Maybe he doesn't want to be locked into anything so this is what he is doing right now and when tomorrow comes, he can make his choices and he'll let us know.  You know how we are when we think we've been promised something--lol.

By the way, you done with those negotiations yet Axl?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2258 on: May 24, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »

He isn't willing to give us an update.  His site says he's thrilled to be playing with NIN and "More dates to come".  Axl was surprised by it.

its not a choice he needs to make until it comes time to tour!  its premature to say "he's gone" like its a fact.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2259 on: May 24, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »

its not a choice he needs to make until it comes time to tour!  its premature to say "he's gone" like its a fact.

I'd say it's roughly 100 or so pages of "premature" at this point.  At this time, NIN touring band does not equal "no longer w/ GnR."   beer
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: