Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784623 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2220 on: May 11, 2008, 11:43:20 PM »

Robin probably needs to keep himself occupied for the summer..Making a few bucks too..

Just give him a break..

If that was the truth, and he told his fans I'm sure they'd be happy for him.

Whatever choices one makes in life, as friends or fans, we have to respect them and hope all turns out for the best.

That would be a lot easier to do if he bothered telling his friends, fans or apparently even his bandmates what choices he has made.

Have you checked with all his friends and bandmates? then again I wouldn't tell whatever you if I were them knowing it would go on line.

What would be so bad about it going online? I don't see exactly what problem he could have with his fan's knowing whether he was in the band, out of the band, or unsure either way.

And there goes the challenger...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2221 on: May 12, 2008, 12:23:06 AM »

wow...so you'll look like an ass if robin comes back after the NIN tour then..unless you know more than the rest of us
so you think if he comes back, robin and a bunch of other people that don't know me might disregard my opinions on how they should conduct their lives and livelihood?  Cry

i dunno maybe its just me but for people to be calling him a traitor or specifically slander him like gypsy did above is a bit over the top IMO
it's only slander if it isn't true  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2222 on: May 12, 2008, 01:51:37 AM »

GNR is a brand, not just a band. 

Keep that in mind.

if you feel that way why do you even bother posting here?

Huh?  People with opinions are not allowed to post?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2223 on: May 12, 2008, 06:12:54 AM »

none of my american friends use such terms like 'to fuck someone up in the ass' about a person they respect.
Rest assured that I no longer have any respect for robin.  Wink

Rest assured that some of us still do

wow...so you'll look like an ass if robin comes back after the NIN tour then..unless you know more than the rest of us

never thought i'd do it, cuz i'm such a troll you know, but i'm gonna defend robin here and say that i think robin made pretty clear these past few years here that he has been an integral part of the song writing process of CD..hes spent nearly ten years with Axl and hasnt seen a single track officially released by GnR...you cant blame him for goign back to trent if he gets to appear on a studio album a month after joining the band....but i think its apparent that his future with GnR is unclear at best here....he may well be back in guns enxt year depending on how the negotiations pan out in 2008

i dunno maybe its just me but for people to be calling him a traitor or specifically slander him like gypsy did above is a bit over the top IMO

I think people, whomever they are, are entitled to make life choices.

Wether Robin leaves GNR or not doesn't change the fact that he is a talented man and i will look forward to hearing material he has to offer.

I had a hard time getting into the whole robin persona at first.

Now that i am, i won't loose sight.

Nothing to say
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2224 on: May 12, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »

Wether Robin leaves GNR or not doesn't change the fact that he is a talented man and i will look forward to hearing material he has to offer.
It's touching to see how some of youze have this new-founded support and loyalty towards Robin even though he chooses to only acknowledge his NIN fans.

It would be nice to see youze show the same kind of support and loyalty to the people that incorporated Robin's and other's talents into GNR.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2225 on: May 12, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

Well, I still love Robin's work and respect him in his professional choices. I don't know what happened and, if the GNR camp didn't close the door, I think it's only fair enough to wait to see what happens. IMO, there's a reason for all this that we don't know yet.

I've always supported him, still do. Obviously, I would be fucking mad if he indeed leave GNR, but I prefer to not jump to conclusions rather than wait for anything. We don't know what's happening for real. Well, I don't. Untill then, I wish him lucky and pray to having him back in the band I love. Because I don't know him, but I do know his work since 1999 and always loved it since then.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2226 on: May 12, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »

Tell you what, I didn't withdraw my support for Axl back in 02 after MSG when he turned his back on us and walk out.  Leave Robin alone.  If you'll recall, Axl didn't say shit either when that happen and left the band standing back stage.

Sorry to bring that up Axl--lol--but we're pulling out the big guns.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2227 on: May 12, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »

Tell you what, I didn't withdraw my support for Axl back in 02 after MSG when he turned his back on us and walk out.  Leave Robin alone.  If you'll recall, Axl didn't say shit either when that happen and left the band standing back stage.

Sorry to bring that up Axl--lol--but we're pulling out the big guns.

Sorry Cin, but I have no clue what you are talking about.  Left the band back stage?  How did he do that?  If you are talking about how the tour ended, I wouldn't assume what's been rumored to be fact.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2228 on: May 12, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »

cin's point is that she has been showing the same kind of support and loyalty to axl if not more.

It would be nice to see youze show the same kind of support and loyalty to the people that incorporated Robin's and other's talents into GNR.  ok

as if we didn't. needless to say the very people we respect states that they refrain from speculating on this.

none of my american friends use such terms like 'to fuck someone up in the ass' about a person they respect.
Rest assured that I no longer have any respect for robin.  Wink

I meant axl.

my friends from the highly civilized country wouldn't expect a person they respect to mistreat anyone who was already ill-used by others, providing it wasn't a slash.

And again axl wouldn't. Wherever robin is, his on the album. Take bh for example. His departure had the band cancelled RIR and did the band fuck him up the ass? No GNR is way cooler than that and it's not like bh tried to do harm to the band. Instead axl is offering him to share his can of dr pepper.

What would be so bad about it going online? I don't see exactly what problem he could have with his fan's knowing whether he was in the band, out of the band, or unsure either way.

maybe I answered this query in the previous page.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2229 on: May 12, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »

I must be overlooking the particular post where you definitively explain the negative concequences of being honest to your fans.

And there goes the challenger...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2230 on: May 12, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »

It's touching to see how some of youze have this new-founded support and loyalty towards Robin even though he chooses to only acknowledge his NIN fans.

In my own ways, i think i showed support towards Axl and Co over the years, one of them ( ways) being there since May 2000.

Nothing to say
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2231 on: May 12, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »

I must be overlooking the particular post where you definitively explain the negative concequences of being honest to your fans.
maybe that you take out the "mystery" element out of the equation, and that is a big seller on the internet rumors

Here Today..
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2232 on: May 12, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »

It's amazing to see people turn their back on Robin so fast. Way to support GNR members ok

New found? God forbid he has fans here on this site.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #2233 on: May 12, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »

Or you could jump to no conclusions at all, have an open mind, and except we aren't privy to the relevant information.

I'm not gonna slam Robin as if he's a turncoat, and I won't lament his plans as a sign of band dysfunction.  When all the facts are available, we'll be able to construct considered opinions.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2234 on: May 12, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

It's amazing to see people turn their back on Robin so fast. Way to support GNR members ok

New found? God forbid he has fans here on this site.

I've been a big supporter of Robin's ever since I first saw him with GNR in November of 02 but I was also accused of being a bandwagon jumper when I was upset that he left.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2235 on: May 13, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »

Robin is the fuckin man.   He is a grammy award winning live performer, and one hell of a guitarist.   After seeing GnR in 2002 and 2006,  I can easily see why Trent wanted him for this next tour.    Robin will do what he wants to do and whatever it is, its going to kick ass.   I doubt he will pass up the opportunity to tour on his own material once Chinese Democracy comes out.   Robin is not sitting around doing nothing right now, and thats a good thing because he has too much talent to just sit around.   I just wish NIN would book a show closer to me.

What does that mean?  Can you clarify?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #2236 on: May 13, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »

^As far as i know, Robin hasn't won a grammy with NIN so i'm not sure myself....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2237 on: May 13, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »

^As far as i know, Robin hasn't won a grammy with NIN so i'm not sure myself....

1996.. Nine Inch Nails won a grammy for their performance of for "Happiness in Slavery" on the Woodstock 94 compilation album.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2238 on: May 13, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »

1996.. Nine Inch Nails won a grammy for their performance of for "Happiness in Slavery" on the Woodstock 94 compilation album.

Yeah, but did Robin actually win a Grammy?  He is not legally a member of NIN, he is a hired band member for touring purposes and some recording work, but no songwriting.  Is he therefore entitled to a Grammy if NIN wins one?  I don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to say it's more likely "no" than it is for a true band situation.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2239 on: May 13, 2008, 06:00:55 PM »

Yeah, but did Robin actually win a Grammy?  He is not legally a member of NIN, he is a hired band member for touring purposes and some recording work, but no songwriting.  Is he therefore entitled to a Grammy if NIN wins one?  I don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to say it's more likely "no" than it is for a true band situation.

Ali

the band won the grammy, it was a live performance, robin was a part of that performance.   
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: