Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784804 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2200 on: May 10, 2008, 12:55:23 AM »

Robin is the fuckin man.   He is a grammy award winning live performer, and one hell of a guitarist.   After seeing GnR in 2002 and 2006,  I can easily see why Trent wanted him for this next tour.    Robin will do what he wants to do and whatever it is, its going to kick ass.   I doubt he will pass up the opportunity to tour on his own material once Chinese Democracy comes out.   Robin is not sitting around doing nothing right now, and thats a good thing because he has too much talent to just sit around.   I just wish NIN would book a show closer to me.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2201 on: May 10, 2008, 06:06:23 AM »

you're right, trent = nin and he does change the tour lineup quite often.  however, this usually happens every couple years and it doesn't make sense for trent to hire a guy who will only be available for a few months or until chinese democracy shows potential for release (which actually might be the case since i honestly don't think this is happening any time soon).
Oh, please... You said before what you really think. That alone explains why you try so hard to make it like Robin is out of band.

my point is, nin isn't a band that invites guitarists to dabble around in some shows and just jam out whenever they are available.  right now, robin is rehearsing extensively with the band and perfecting everything for the upcoming shows (and there will be a lot more than you see scheduled now).  also, don't forget that robin just released a new album with nin this past monday... so i'm sure future roles in recording with nin may influence his decisions down the line.

Again, you conveniently forget that Robin just released a new album in which he didn't write anything.

If he wanted to record and release something so badly, I'm sure he could have done it way before and without Trent to write anything for him.

Regardless, he recorded tons of stuff in GNR. He actually WROTE it and put years of hard work on it. If you don't believe the album will not be released is your problem, but don't act like it isn't finished and there's no people negotiating for its release.

yes, there is a chance robin will return to gnr, but it is very unlikely that that would happen in the next couple years (unless he really screws things up and trent fires him or he becomes injured... those are the only occasions where you'll see a musician play with nin for a short-term job)
You really know a lot more than everyone here, don't you? I bet you know more than Robin himself. hihi

It's really that impossible that Trent wanted Robin so badly that accept him for as long as he's available to play? Maybe to even record a DVD live and so... Also, I'm sure Trent is very much like you and believe there will be no release of Chinese Democracy. The difference is that he doesn't go to message boards whine about something he doesn't like.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2202 on: May 10, 2008, 06:48:57 AM »

same old rhetoric

You are wobling now, come on, try harder, I almost smirked, you can do it. I made you stop posting for 3 days now so I guess I did something correct  peace

On topic, the more I think of this, the more I fink Finck is still in.....Finck cannot say anything about it because he is still under contract with GnR, door ain't closed.

And again, even if he is out.....not even a small dent  love

This signature is very funny.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2203 on: May 10, 2008, 08:31:39 AM »

you're right, trent = nin and he does change the tour lineup quite often.  however, this usually happens every couple years and it doesn't make sense for trent to hire a guy who will only be available for a few months or until chinese democracy shows potential for release (which actually might be the case since i honestly don't think this is happening any time soon).
Oh, please... You said before what you really think. That alone explains why you try so hard to make it like Robin is out of band.

my point is, nin isn't a band that invites guitarists to dabble around in some shows and just jam out whenever they are available.  right now, robin is rehearsing extensively with the band and perfecting everything for the upcoming shows (and there will be a lot more than you see scheduled now).  also, don't forget that robin just released a new album with nin this past monday... so i'm sure future roles in recording with nin may influence his decisions down the line.

Again, you conveniently forget that Robin just released a new album in which he didn't write anything.

If he wanted to record and release something so badly, I'm sure he could have done it way before and without Trent to write anything for him.

Regardless, he recorded tons of stuff in GNR. He actually WROTE it and put years of hard work on it. If you don't believe the album will not be released is your problem, but don't act like it isn't finished and there's no people negotiating for its release.

yes, there is a chance robin will return to gnr, but it is very unlikely that that would happen in the next couple years (unless he really screws things up and trent fires him or he becomes injured... those are the only occasions where you'll see a musician play with nin for a short-term job)
You really know a lot more than everyone here, don't you? I bet you know more than Robin himself. hihi

It's really that impossible that Trent wanted Robin so badly that accept him for as long as he's available to play? Maybe to even record a DVD live and so... Also, I'm sure Trent is very much like you and believe there will be no release of Chinese Democracy. The difference is that he doesn't go to message boards whine about something he doesn't like.

As long as Robin's parts and possible songwriting credits stay on a GNR release, he will get paid regardless if he is in the band or not-this is a big money tour coming up for NIN, and I'm sure getting a big payday from this tour was a big factor to tour with NIN

libertad
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2204 on: May 10, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »

If he was there just for the money he won't stay that long in GNR.

Also, after Chinese Democracy, there will be at least more two albums and a HUGE tour, way bigger than the NIN one.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2205 on: May 10, 2008, 11:15:39 AM »

Robin probably needs to keep himself occupied for the summer..Making a few bucks too..

Just give him a break..

If that was the truth, and he told his fans I'm sure they'd be happy for him.

And there goes the challenger...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2206 on: May 10, 2008, 11:46:48 AM »

then, don't tell that to NIN fans.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2207 on: May 10, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »

If he was there just for the money he won't stay that long in GNR.

Also, after Chinese Democracy, there will be at least more two albums and a HUGE tour, way bigger than the NIN one.

" A lot about Chinese Democracy, that it is planned to be a trilogy of albums, with the first most likely to come out 2008, the last in 2012 . "

ok

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2208 on: May 10, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »

same old rhetoric

You are wobling now, come on, try harder, I almost smirked, you can do it. I made you stop posting for 3 days now so I guess I did something correct  peace

On topic, the more I think of this, the more I fink Finck is still in.....Finck cannot say anything about it because he is still under contract with GnR, door ain't closed.

And again, even if he is out.....not even a small dent  love

You made me not post? I see you missed me hihi

Awww... Your little crush on me is kind of sweet. I didn't make a post so you had to make one up to talk to me, that's creepy and flattering all at the same time! Kiss

It really doesn't matter what you think, seeing thinking isn't a strong point of yours. Mostly because Axl writes lyrics to music, not the other way around. And he really didn't handle Robin leaving the first time very well. So, yeah, its a big deal if Robin isn't in the band. But what do you care, you're not even a fan. 

peace

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2209 on: May 10, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »

Robin probably needs to keep himself occupied for the summer..Making a few bucks too..

Just give him a break..

Whatever choices one makes in life, as friends or fans, we have to respect them and hope all turns out for the best.

Nothing to say
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2210 on: May 10, 2008, 06:55:09 PM »

Might want to watch what you say about the former members section.  It may be where we're discussing Robin Finck any day now.
From your mouth to Axl's ears!!!

He got sucked off by Manson. Trent's now riding him like a little bitch.  Hopefully when this current issue is said and done, Axl fucks him up the ass.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2211 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »

Might want to watch what you say about the former members section.  It may be where we're discussing Robin Finck any day now.

He got sucked off by Manson. Trent's now riding him like a little bitch.  Hopefully when this current issue is said and done, Axl fucks him up the ass.  : ok:

wow, you created a very vivid picture in my heard right their...

dont let me stop you now  Shocked

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2212 on: May 11, 2008, 12:29:24 PM »

He got sucked off by Manson. Trent's now riding him like a little bitch.  Hopefully when this current issue is said and done, Axl fucks him up the ass.  ok

Nay he would never!
It's always beyond me why some people are into those slash/yaoi  fictions. especially when it's vulgar and offensive as this one. Yuk.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2213 on: May 11, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »

Nay he would never!
It's always beyond me why some people are into those slash/yaoi  fictions. especially when it's vulgar and offensive as this one. Yuk.
My apologies to all the foreign language members.  My statement has ZERO to do with slash or yaoi.  It's an American term meant to be taken figuratively and NOT literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1flAQrs1KFo

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2214 on: May 11, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »

Just give him a break..

Whatever choices one makes in life, as friends or fans, we have to respect them and hope all turns out for the best.

That would be a lot easier to do if he bothered telling his friends, fans or apparently even his bandmates what choices he has made.

And there goes the challenger...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2215 on: May 11, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »

Just give him a break..

That would be a lot easier to do if he bothered telling his friends, fans or apparently even his bandmates what choices he has made.

Have you checked with all his friends and bandmates? then again I wouldn't tell whatever you if I were them knowing it would go on line.

It's an American term meant to be taken figuratively and NOT literally.

so was my comment. I don't read slash fictions.
none of my american friends use such terms like 'to fuck someone up in the ass' about a person they respect.  that and 'To suck off' or  'to ride someone like a little bitch' are the terms I only see @ blabbermouth type forums.
and again he wouldn't!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2216 on: May 11, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »

none of my american friends use such terms like 'to fuck someone up in the ass' about a person they respect.
Rest assured that I no longer have any respect for robin.  Wink

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2217 on: May 11, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »

none of my american friends use such terms like 'to fuck someone up in the ass' about a person they respect.

Rest assured that some of us still do

Nothing to say
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2218 on: May 11, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »

Rest assured that some of us still do

wow...so you'll look like an ass if robin comes back after the NIN tour then..unless you know more than the rest of us

never thought i'd do it, cuz i'm such a troll you know, but i'm gonna defend robin here and say that i think robin made pretty clear these past few years here that he has been an integral part of the song writing process of CD..hes spent nearly ten years with Axl and hasnt seen a single track officially released by GnR...you cant blame him for goign back to trent if he gets to appear on a studio album a month after joining the band....but i think its apparent that his future with GnR is unclear at best here....he may well be back in guns enxt year depending on how the negotiations pan out in 2008

i dunno maybe its just me but for people to be calling him a traitor or specifically slander him like gypsy did above is a bit over the top IMO
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:37:14 PM by Neemo » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2219 on: May 11, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »

Way over the top.  Love Robin and respect his right to free choice.

And take that damn picture of him turning his back on us down, things are way more complicated than that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: