Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785029 times)
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #2180 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »

If they had all the original members of gnr EXCEPT axl in todays world,
they couldnt call themselves gnr , simple as that, No one can replace Axl, he is unique and irreplacable

Yeah, they would call themselves Velvet Revolver... Or Powder Rose... Or Armored Flowers... Something that reminds you of GN'R but isn't....

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2181 on: May 08, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »

If they had all the original members of gnr EXCEPT axl in todays world,
they couldnt call themselves gnr , simple as that, No one can replace Axl, he is unique and irreplacable

Yeah, they would call themselves Velvet Revolver... Or Powder Rose... Or Armored Flowers... Something that reminds you of GN'R but isn't....

why? when axl believes that the gnr name should live on,
and considering he is the one in the gnr band and not us, who the fuck are we to judge what he should call it?
when its hes choice to make,

if you dont like it, dont support the band, which I think is incredibly nieve  to do, considerinig its just a name  that some people have trouble with...

people must have hard lives I think...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #2182 on: May 08, 2008, 09:42:08 AM »

I was actually agreeing with you
 Roll Eyes

VR was almost GN'R without Axl and I gave 'em a lot of chances but could not like what the came up with..

And once I heard Better or TWAT I knew the magic was there...

Although I'm an Axl fan and supporter, I really like Duff and Slash, but I think they're not belong together... They did, with Axl, but now just seems plastic and not natural..

Don't know if I'm making myself clear now?

I have the ability to confuse myself sometimes, imagine what I can do with others...  hihi

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2183 on: May 08, 2008, 08:10:46 PM »

Official NIN Releases feat. Robin = 5 (closer to god, further down the spiral, and all that could have been, the downward spiral (deluxe edition), the slip)
Official GNR Releases feat. Robin = 0

Years Robin worked w/ NIN = 5
Years Robin worked w/ GNR = 9

...who wouldn't have made the same decision?

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2184 on: May 08, 2008, 08:24:18 PM »

Guns N' Robin

Have A Nivce Day...

ok

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2185 on: May 08, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

Official NIN Releases feat. Robin = 5 (closer to god, further down the spiral, and all that could have been, the downward spiral (deluxe edition), the slip)
Official GNR Releases feat. Robin = 0

Years Robin worked w/ NIN = 5
Years Robin worked w/ GNR = 9

...who wouldn't have made the same decision?
And what from all that Robin really wrote?

I love how people tries so hard to make it like Robin's time in GNR - which, by the way, it's not finished yet - was unproductive.

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2186 on: May 08, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

not saying it was completely unproductive.  however, it seems like a smart decision leaving a band that hasn't been able to produce an album in the past 15 years or whatever it is to join a band that's produced 4 full-length albums and toured for 23 months in the past 3 years... all while staying relevant in modern music.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2187 on: May 08, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »

Bullshit. GNR is still relevant, no matter what negative people say. Just look at how the Dr Pepper and the whole Chinese Democracy saga spreads.

Also, releasing albums without any input in its creative process means nothing. Why would Robin cares if NIN releases an album if he didn't write a shit there? Hell, even the live performances can't get as much modified with his style as in GNR.

Hell, even if you consider only the new songs we heard, you have way more Robin than in 5 years with NIN.

Yeah, CD is not released yet. But don't forget there is at least three albums of material where he wrote in probably almost all of the songs. It will be released and it will have Robin all over it.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2188 on: May 08, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »

Until Robin says something everyone should just be quiet and go on with their lives.  Damn 110 pages of pure BS Im sure if he left GnR he would of said something by now.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2189 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »

Back to the topic thread...Robin is gone. Sorry folks.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2190 on: May 09, 2008, 12:12:46 AM »

Looks like we've got 2 people on here who are in the know.  Thanks for tuning us all into the fact the CD will never see the light of day and the Robin is out of GNR.  Glad we got those 2 things all cleared up.

More to the guy who says CD won't ever come out.  If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Why waste your time posting on this board if you have no faith in the band?  And if it's because you're a fan of the old lineup, there are other areas on this site you can post your witty thoughts.

As for Robin, another day goes by and 100's more theories come into play, and nobody knows any more than they did yesterday, or last week.  I originally thought Robin was probably out too, but as time passes I think he's either a) still in, just taking a break.  Or b) keeping his options open, and thus not commenting one way or another.  If things start to heat up in the GNR camp, I'd think he'd be right back on board to support the hard work that he's put in the past 7 years or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2191 on: May 09, 2008, 01:19:41 AM »

Looks like we've got 2 people on here who are in the know.  Thanks for tuning us all into the fact the CD will never see the light of day and the Robin is out of GNR.  Glad we got those 2 things all cleared up.

More to the guy who says CD won't ever come out.  If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Why waste your time posting on this board if you have no faith in the band?  And if it's because you're a fan of the old lineup, there are other areas on this site you can post your witty thoughts.

As for Robin, another day goes by and 100's more theories come into play, and nobody knows any more than they did yesterday, or last week.  I originally thought Robin was probably out too, but as time passes I think he's either a) still in, just taking a break.  Or b) keeping his options open, and thus not commenting one way or another.  If things start to heat up in the GNR camp, I'd think he'd be right back on board to support the hard work that he's put in the past 7 years or so.

a) that's a pretty long break.  you're saying that robin is recording and releasing new nin material and doing extensive touring with nin just as a break?  i can tell you that it's unlikely that trent re-hired robin with the stipulation that robin will soon return to his "real band" when his break ends.  that would require trent going through another tedious process of auditioning more guitarists and then having the guy he hires learn a ton of new songs to be performed.  i just don't see that happening.

b) this is his career... he's not taking it as lightly as you suggest.  and if your point B were the case, you are insinuating that there is absolutely nothing "heating up in the gnr camp".  thus strongly supporting the argument that...

robin has left gnr for good (or at least any possibility of him returning to the line-up will not happen for quite a long time) and that chinese democracy will never be released in its proper format.  i can see future leaks happening (who knows, maybe the whole album will leak in good quality), but if axl rose wanted it released it would have happened a long long time ago.  many artists (e.g. nin) release multiple full-length albums a year these days.  why can't axl?

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2192 on: May 09, 2008, 01:36:39 AM »

if axl rose wanted it released it would have happened a long long time ago.  many artists (e.g. nin) release multiple full-length albums a year these days.  why can't axl?

An album isn't released by a band, but by a record company. The only reason I see not releasing it is:
- Will it make enough profit? (that's in fact the nr. 1 for the record company)
- The profit chances are matched against the potential success of an album which is directly linked to the quality or 'hit-rate' of the album...
So my feeling is, in the eyes of the record company it's a shitty album and they do not want to release it (costs of making/printing/promoting versus selling)

Maybe there are also some legal aspects holding it back, but I do not believe these can be the actual bottleneck (anymore)

Concerning Robin:
I believe he's out. But what the hell...we've still got BBF. Hey, interesting though: VR is also finished (or will be soon I think ) ...means Slash will be free again...maybe he can talk to Axl, come friends again and... yeah, I would like to see that, but do the others on this board also want that?

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2193 on: May 09, 2008, 01:48:08 AM »

if axl rose wanted it released it would have happened a long long time ago.  many artists (e.g. nin) release multiple full-length albums a year these days.  why can't axl?

An album isn't released by a band, but by a record company. The only reason I see not releasing it is:
- Will it make enough profit? (that's in fact the nr. 1 for the record company)
- The profit chances are matched against the potential success of an album which is directly linked to the quality or 'hit-rate' of the album...
So my feeling is, in the eyes of the record company it's a shitty album and they do not want to release it (costs of making/printing/promoting versus selling)

Maybe there are also some legal aspects holding it back, but I do not believe these can be the actual bottleneck (anymore)

Concerning Robin:
I believe he's out. But what the hell...we've still got BBF. Hey, interesting though: VR is also finished (or will be soon I think ) ...means Slash will be free again...maybe he can talk to Axl, come friends again and... yeah, I would like to see that, but do the others on this board also want that?

No, Thankz...

ok

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2194 on: May 09, 2008, 03:04:53 AM »

Unlikely considering the leaks were already reviewed by Rolling Stone as being better than anything Velvet Revolver has released... which will catch any record executive's attention as Contraband went double platinum in a tough era for cd sales. Also don't forget that some of the leaks even charted despite zero promotion or support from the band or management.

Finally, I don't think industry "big shots" like Irving Azoff and Andy Gould would bother representing Axl and GN'R if all they had to show for themselves was a "shitty album". Azoff and Gould would have plenty of other more worth-while ($$$) things to do with their time if that were the case...

It's almost certain IMHO that this is all hung up in legalities with regards to digital rights, performer royalties, production costs, etc. and with perhaps a little bit of Axl's "On again... off again." state of mind getting in the way as well.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 03:22:03 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2195 on: May 09, 2008, 05:31:22 AM »

If you want to compare old and new gnr lineup changes you have to ask yourself what if Slash left an not Izzy. Its the same thing today. By no means is Bucket and Robin on the same level as Slash in terms of popularity, etc but they are all lead guitarists for GNR.

If you take Slash out instead of IZzy who knows what would have happened to GNR during the early 90;s. I know one thing, it would be totally different.

Just something that passed unnoticed... Izzy left and GN'R, as we all know, has not released an album with original material since then.
If Slash had left earlier than Izzy I am pretty sure GN'R would have found somebody to play lead, both on tour or studio, and would have moved on...

DOn't get me wrong, I really like Slash, but using the same arguments as the Finck bashers, anyone can play lead guitar, but a few people can write tunes... almost every single GN'R ever put out was written basically by Izzy and/or Axl...

The major hits were written by them...

Show me what Slash have done without GN'R and I'll tell you: except for the first Snakepit album, that was mainly GN'R outtakes, it was all crap.
Izzy had done some GREAT stuff in his solo albums, BUT I think he missed the "edgy" flavour and deeper lyrics Axl could have put on his songs.. But it's still good, and much better than Slash's. It has some kind of Tom Petty feel to it that I really like.. Of course it's almost 0% related to Guns, but is great nonetheless.
Axl still has something to prove, but the samples we have of Chinese Democracy are great as well...

I've always thought Slash needed Axl that needed Izzy... Once Izzy was gone...

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"

A little late to the argument, but ...

The Concerned Troll

Let us see what developes.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2196 on: May 09, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »

a) that's a pretty long break.  you're saying that robin is recording and releasing new nin material and doing extensive touring with nin just as a break?  i can tell you that it's unlikely that trent re-hired robin with the stipulation that robin will soon return to his "real band" when his break ends.  that would require trent going through another tedious process of auditioning more guitarists and then having the guy he hires learn a ton of new songs to be performed.  i just don't see that happening.

b) this is his career... he's not taking it as lightly as you suggest.  and if your point B were the case, you are insinuating that there is absolutely nothing "heating up in the gnr camp".  thus strongly supporting the argument that...

robin has left gnr for good (or at least any possibility of him returning to the line-up will not happen for quite a long time) and that chinese democracy will never be released in its proper format.  i can see future leaks happening (who knows, maybe the whole album will leak in good quality), but if axl rose wanted it released it would have happened a long long time ago.  many artists (e.g. nin) release multiple full-length albums a year these days.  why can't axl?
I'm not an expert in NIN, but has their been ONE long standing member of that band besides Trent?  Doesn't he change touring lineups quite often?  If that IS the case, then why would it be so hard to imagine Robin re-joining GNR after the NIN tour ended?  Not saying it's going to happen, but I don't think it's so far-fetched.  As for point B, your right it's his career, that's WHY he would keep his options open.  He's in a good situation now, if he doesn't burn any bridges.  He's with NIN's until GNR is ready to tour and promote the album, then he returns.  Of course, I would hope he would convey these thoughts to Axl or GNR management, but that we don't know.  Regardless, if Robin has left, why would that lead you to believe that CD will never be released?  I assume you're insinuating that Robin KNOWS that for a fact and that's the reason he's left the band.  Well I guess Robin is a musical visionary then.  If that's the case, why hasn't Tommy left, or Richard, or Ron, or Dizzy?  Oh wait, they all have left, just like Robin.  And hopefully he will be back, like the rest.  But if not, the story will continue, I'm sure.  The departure of Robin Finck is not going to sink Guns N' Roses.  They've dealt with more significant lineup changes in the past, I'm sure they could get over this one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2197 on: May 09, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »

More to the guy who says CD won't ever come out.  If you truly believe that, why are you here? 

you'd be amazed if you checked their post history  hihi

Axl steers the ship and as the captain of the ship he makes all the navigation decisions and the ship and the ships fate rests soley
 on his head,
the band are his crew, that help axl get to his destination,
simple as that, always has been like this, and always will be...

which is a good thing

because  it works as its a clear order of direction and/or management

its better then having too many chefs in the kitchen that spoil the broth

Huh what is it called, d?j? vu? doppelganger ?or doppler? Or simply, snap!
I made very similar posts to this a few years ago.

Anyhoo now the ship went ashore and while the captain is preparing for the next voyage, which might take a while as the journey involves the explore to an untrodden world, the rest are doing their things respectively.

the soon @ robins site  is still  in the gnr time it appears.

god speed to Guns N Robin! peace
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:02:45 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2198 on: May 09, 2008, 02:26:08 PM »

Robin probably needs to keep himself occupied for the summer..Making a few bucks too..

Just give him a break..

Nothing to say
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2199 on: May 09, 2008, 03:17:22 PM »

I'm not an expert in NIN, but has their been ONE long standing member of that band besides Trent?  Doesn't he change touring lineups quite often?  If that IS the case, then why would it be so hard to imagine Robin re-joining GNR after the NIN tour ended?  Not saying it's going to happen, but I don't think it's so far-fetched.  As for point B, your right it's his career, that's WHY he would keep his options open.  He's in a good situation now, if he doesn't burn any bridges.  He's with NIN's until GNR is ready to tour and promote the album, then he returns.  Of course, I would hope he would convey these thoughts to Axl or GNR management, but that we don't know.  Regardless, if Robin has left, why would that lead you to believe that CD will never be released?  I assume you're insinuating that Robin KNOWS that for a fact and that's the reason he's left the band.  Well I guess Robin is a musical visionary then.  If that's the case, why hasn't Tommy left, or Richard, or Ron, or Dizzy?  Oh wait, they all have left, just like Robin.  And hopefully he will be back, like the rest.  But if not, the story will continue, I'm sure.  The departure of Robin Finck is not going to sink Guns N' Roses.  They've dealt with more significant lineup changes in the past, I'm sure they could get over this one.

you're right, trent = nin and he does change the tour lineup quite often.  however, this usually happens every couple years and it doesn't make sense for trent to hire a guy who will only be available for a few months or until chinese democracy shows potential for release (which actually might be the case since i honestly don't think this is happening any time soon).  my point is, nin isn't a band that invites guitarists to dabble around in some shows and just jam out whenever they are available.  right now, robin is rehearsing extensively with the band and perfecting everything for the upcoming shows (and there will be a lot more than you see scheduled now).  also, don't forget that robin just released a new album with nin this past monday... so i'm sure future roles in recording with nin may influence his decisions down the line.  yes, there is a chance robin will return to gnr, but it is very unlikely that that would happen in the next couple years (unless he really screws things up and trent fires him or he becomes injured... those are the only occasions where you'll see a musician play with nin for a short-term job)

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: