Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785070 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2140 on: May 07, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

8 pages back:

Im not postin anymore in these kinds of threads. I get too pissed off at Jim Bob......... That dude pushes my buttons like nobody ive ever known.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2141 on: May 07, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »

So, just because I know who wrote that, I HAVE TO prefer Slash, right? Roll Eyes

God forbid if I have a different opinion based on new songs and new inputs on old classics.   Tongue

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2142 on: May 07, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »

So, just because I know who wrote that, I HAVE TO prefer Slash, right? Roll Eyes

God forbid if I have a different opinion based on new songs and new inputs on old classics.   Tongue

yes you HAVE to.  you CANNOT like the guys in the band now better, you simply can't.  you have to come to this board on a daily basis and cry and whine like D about how much you miss the old guys and how the new guys are so inferior and how that makes him the true fan.    and you have to tell everyone else thats how they have to feel.    ok hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2143 on: May 07, 2008, 12:53:19 PM »

Not my argument

If u are gonna argue my posts at least read them

That one dude said Izzy was responsible for every GNR song that was a hit and I kindly corrected him and his lack of GNR knowledge.

U can LIKE whoever u want to like. If u LIKE Robin better than Slash, that is great, fantastic, All p ower to u, I respect your OPINION on that matter.

Just dont say because someone covers a song they are better than the guy who wrote it. That is ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #2144 on: May 07, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »

Actually I'm not "new to this place".. I've been around for many years now, I just don't post whatever pops into my head to any given thread... There's more to life than message boards, you know?

And I don't like your attitude... Who the hell do you think you are? And who the hell do you think I am, so you can "go easy on me"?

With all due respect, go fuck yourself if it makes you feel better. (no pun intended).

About what you wrote, of the songs you listed:
WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
have u ever heard of a little song called Sweet Child O Mine?
My Michelle
Paradise City
Coma "Possibly Greatest GNR Song Ever'
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Just the appetite ones were singles (wttj, pc, scom) and civil war... And these ones were mainly collaborative work that included most of the band members.

I agree that Coma is one of the best GN'R songs ever, actually it's my favorite.

And before you tell me to go buy or read some GN'R album liner notes, go to the toilet and clean the shit out off of your face... It might have been in there for all of your life, and nobody told you...

I have been friends with Jarmo, John M, Jeff Boerio and a few other people on the GN'R community since this site template was black and ugly... It could have been 97 or 98... Also, I've been on the Dust And Bones list for long time, around the same timeframe...

Don't know if you remember the Live Era release, and the t-shirts give away... Yeah, that GNROnline one, that is pretty expensive on e-bay... I've got mine for free...

Also I've met some of the band members and crew in Rio, 2001 and kept in touch with them after that... But that doesn't really matter...

Who in GN'R did you ever met? Axl's mic tech neighbour's butcher? Close!!

Anyway, I don't have to explain anything to you...

And before I forget, go fuck yourself again... You seem to like it.

Cheers!

P.s.: Slither is a piece of light shit and all other Velvet Revolver songs are pieces of heavy shit.

If you want to compare old and new gnr lineup changes you have to ask yourself what if Slash left an not Izzy. Its the same thing today. By no means is Bucket and Robin on the same level as Slash in terms of popularity, etc but they are all lead guitarists for GNR.

If you take Slash out instead of IZzy who knows what would have happened to GNR during the early 90;s. I know one thing, it would be totally different.

Just something that passed unnoticed... Izzy left and GN'R, as we all know, has not released an album with original material since then.
If Slash had left earlier than Izzy I am pretty sure GN'R would have found somebody to play lead, both on tour or studio, and would have moved on...

DOn't get me wrong, I really like Slash, but using the same arguments as the Finck bashers, anyone can play lead guitar, but a few people can write tunes... almost every single GN'R ever put out was written basically by Izzy and/or Axl...

The major hits were written by them...

Show me what Slash have done without GN'R and I'll tell you: except for the first Snakepit album, that was mainly GN'R outtakes, it was all crap.
Izzy had done some GREAT stuff in his solo albums, BUT I think he missed the "edgy" flavour and deeper lyrics Axl could have put on his songs.. But it's still good, and much better than Slash's. It has some kind of Tom Petty feel to it that I really like.. Of course it's almost 0% related to Guns, but is great nonetheless.
Axl still has something to prove, but the samples we have of Chinese Democracy are great as well...

I've always thought Slash needed Axl that needed Izzy... Once Izzy was gone...

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"

Please tell me u are fuckin jokin?

U are new to this place, so I am going to go easy on u

U really need to actually BUY some GNR Cds and read the notes

Slash is responsible for:

WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
have u ever heard of a little song called Sweet Child O Mine?
My Michelle
Paradise City
Coma "Possibly Greatest GNR Song Ever'
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Not to mention the countless legendary solos and licks he made for songs such as:  November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, KODH Solo, YCBM solo, Dont Cry Solos, FUCK IT Dead Horse solos

So before coming on here and posting, touching up on GNR history would really be a magnicicent idea.

Biggest difference between Robin and Slash:

Slash created some of the all time legendary greatest riffs/solos of all time

Robin has basically made a career PLAYING other people's music

So forgive me if that doesnt fill me with the greatest confidence.

"Better" alleivates *like that word?*  to a degree, but I need to see consistency

Slash has also done plenty since GNR, ever heard of a little song called "Slither?" but this shit isnt about that.

so how is it u know so little about GNR and who wrote what?

Do your homework kid

Then come back in a few years. ok

You're such a loser...

What do YOU know about what I know?

And do you really think I give a flying fuck about what you think?

Go ask Jim Bob to push your buttons, you Pussycat Doll... (again, no pun intended)...
 ok

Uhn, and about homework duties... Is your face clean already?

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #2145 on: May 07, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »

I know english is NOT my first language, but are you able to read?

I didn't say Izzy was responsible for every GN'R song that was a hit..

Are you retarded?

You know, there is some professional help you can get, some good drugs... I've read about it...  rofl

Not my argument

That one dude said Izzy was responsible for every GNR song that was a hit and I kindly corrected him and his lack of GNR knowledge.

U can LIKE whoever u want to like. If u LIKE Robin better than Slash, that is great, fantastic, All p ower to u, I respect your OPINION on that matter.

Just dont say because someone covers a song they are better than the guy who wrote it. That is ridiculous.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2146 on: May 07, 2008, 12:57:26 PM »

If he's replaced, it means the band is moving on. So as a fan, it makes sense that I would move on too, along with my favorite band.

/jarmo

What band are you exactely a fan of? Since 2002 we have seen 3 members leave. So what if Tommy, Fortus and for some reason Pittman leave...and when they are replaced will you still be moving on with your favorite band?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2147 on: May 07, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Is Unique From 1985 - 2008...

Only Changed Members, His Music Is Experimental & Evolution.

This Style Of GNR. Is Common.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2148 on: May 07, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »

If he's replaced, it means the band is moving on. So as a fan, it makes sense that I would move on too, along with my favorite band.

/jarmo

What band are you exactely a fan of? Since 2002 we have seen 3 members leave. So what if Tommy, Fortus and for some reason Pittman leave...and when they are replaced will you still be moving on with your favorite band?

to be fair, you are putting out a pretty crazy hypothetical and its hard to say how one would react to something like that unless it happens.
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #2149 on: May 07, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »

GN'R Knowledge...

Is there a college where you can get some of it?
 love

I know english is NOT my first language, but are you able to read?

I didn't say Izzy was responsible for every GN'R song that was a hit..

Are you retarded?

You know, there is some professional help you can get, some good drugs... I've read about it...  rofl

Not my argument

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2150 on: May 07, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »

Its the respectful thing to do, to both parties.  If Robin isn't coming back, its obviously what he wants and I will respect that.  I will also respect the band and give the replacement a fair shake and not babble on about guys who aren't in the band anymore.   And this is coming from one of Robin's biggest fans, and I'll follow what he's doing wherever he is.. 

me the same. To me robin is the coolest guitarist around and GNR is the most interesting band with the unparalleled frontman....that won't change even if they ever part but then I won't bring up Robin in this section.
and IMO GNR is an evolving band that keeps moving on, with or without robin(or anyone). so is Robin wherever he is.

Regardles, it proves they worked on very diverse music diferent from the old.
Basicly it said "Hello, I am Axl Rose. I have progressed musically and will not be a classic rock nostalgia act."

Thats how I actually got intrested in GunsN'Roses...again. peace

It's actually  the new songs that got me into GNR. peace
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #2151 on: May 07, 2008, 01:03:52 PM »

pretty crazy hypothetical

With this band? No, Sir.  hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2152 on: May 07, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

and what people are forgetting is that he's officially still in the band and this has dragged on for 110 pages or whatever of speculating and hypotheticals..   I dont see any more good coming out of this discussion until GnR or Robin say/do anything further.  peace

I think as fans of Axl Rose, we will be following everything he does.    Most of us are also fans of the members in the band, a lot of GnR fans got into Buckethead because of his tenure in the band and are now huge fans of his stuff.     I'm sure the recent events may have even turned some GnR fans to NIN fans.   A lot of us really like Village Gorilla Head and most of us who have been fans from back in the day follow stuff like VR or Izzy's albums.   so its really a dumb question.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2153 on: May 07, 2008, 01:08:36 PM »

to be fair, you are putting out a pretty crazy hypothetical and its hard to say how one would react to something like that unless it happens.
tru, I should have said one or any combo of the three.

so lets say 1 of the existing members leaves. 4 out of 8 is 50%. So my question is when do you actually stop skipping along with the band and realize that half the band or more are gone?

Im not sayin we all shouldnt be fans of GNR anymore because the 2002 lineup or the old lineup is non existent. All Im saying is that some people are of the opinion that those lineups were a lot better than the current lineup.

Ill equate it to baseball. Im a die hard Mets fan. I will always be a Mets fan. And as we know the players change over the yrs. But with that being said there will be certain Met teams over the years that will have a significant meaning than some other Met teams. Nothing anyone can do about it but it is what it is.

I blame Axl! Shame on him for setting the bar so high right out of the gate with 2002 lineup.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #2154 on: May 07, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »

You forgot to mention Duff's Believe In Me and Matt Sorum (horrendous) solo effort...
 nervous

Just kidding.

And I think you're right., This thread is far from pointless, right now...
 beer

and what people are forgetting is that he's officially still in the band and this has dragged on for 110 pages or whatever of speculating and hypotheticals..   I dont see any more good coming out of this discussion until GnR or Robin say/do anything further.  peace

I think as fans of Axl Rose, we will be following everything he does.    Most of us are also fans of the members in the band, a lot of GnR fans got into Buckethead because of his tenure in the band and are now huge fans of his stuff.     I'm sure the recent events may have even turned some GnR fans to NIN fans.   A lot of us really like Village Gorilla Head and most of us who have been fans from back in the day follow stuff like VR or Izzy's albums.   so its really a dumb question.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2155 on: May 07, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

tru, I should have said one or any combo of the three.

so lets say 1 of the existing members leaves. 4 out of 8 is 50%. So my question is when do you actually stop skipping along with the band and realize that half the band or more are gone?

Im not sayin we all shouldnt be fans of GNR anymore because the 2002 lineup or the old lineup is non existent. All Im saying is that some people are of the opinion that those lineups were a lot better than the current lineup.

Ill equate it to baseball. Im a die hard Mets fan. I will always be a Mets fan. And as we know the players change over the yrs. But with that being said there will be certain Met teams over the years that will have a significant meaning than some other Met teams. Nothing anyone can do about it but it is what it is.

I blame Axl! Shame on him for setting the bar so high right out of the gate with 2002 lineup.

yea you can prefer previous incarnations or certain former members, and that might effect your level of interest in the band and you have every right to do that.     but whats the use in allowing that to ruin what we do have and all?   I try to look for the best in the situation and now worry about things beyond my control.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2156 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »

You forgot to mention Duff's Believe In Me and Matt Sorum (horrendous) solo effort...
 nervous

Just kidding.

yea, uh those skipped my mind for some reason  Lips Sealed hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2157 on: May 07, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »

/jarmo

GUNS N' ROSES

Like many others, I've been a fan of GN'R since the late 80s.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2158 on: May 07, 2008, 02:34:46 PM »

although I understand the attachment to the members,
to me a band is not about the people or a person in it.
What the band/the people make together/try to do is the crucial point.
when its music and performances kick ass, I like the band.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2159 on: May 07, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »

Ok--I really don't want to wade through 107 pages...

So...

Robin is touring with NIN, and as far as we know he's still in GN'R.

Can we lock this thing already?

exactly.

and also, whats the point in comparing slash and robin?

GnR Studio albums with slash: 4

Gnr Studio Albums with Robin: 0 (hopefully more to come)

its not fair to compare them at all.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: