Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784964 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2120 on: May 07, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »

here's the thing(s) and my opinion is fact Wink

Mario Lemieux could have been better then gretzky, during marios best years he got cancer, then came back like 35 years old and were among the absolute best, due to injuries and cancer we will never know how the stats would have looked like, who cares in this thread?

forgot to add that crosby is a almost worse crybaby then lindros..

lindros ruled hihi

so there u got a little fun n' games

i have a headache and it's too warm that's off topic for ya'll

now doing bad obsession:

robin is fucking awesome wherever he will play, although if he left GNR and was replaced with no chance to come back and trent fucked with robin again i'd love to see robin play with marilyn manson, then get racci shay on drums, and keep twiggy and chris vrenna and that would be a band better then the beatles (remember my opinion is facts)

this thread now?

ok, everybody should stop talking about slash and izzy, they were great but they are also history and ex-gunners (they left by their own choice), what they did for GNR is undeniably something we all love..
we don't have much to talk about at the moment but we won't get any wiser by speculating on shit we don't know anything about

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not anyone elses. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing.

Good post CheapBubblehead.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2121 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07:50 AM »

if Robin is goin to leave the band we'll get this "time to move on, next lead guitarist please" in here, right?

Re-Union time, baby!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2122 on: May 07, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »

Now its a solid band without that star power or appeal. Hence they lack an identity.
It was only Buckethead that was a 1st rank star in the band anyway. If you can call him that.

This isn't a allstar band, it's just Axl that is a big star in GunsN'Roses.

We'll see in the future when new albums gets released about the identity, you sure like to take the sorrow fast hihi
It seemed like people at the shows weren't missing him.
Not exactly how it is.

A lot would wan't Buckethead in the band but it doesn't prevent people enjoying what is.
I miss Buckethead, but that doesn't mean much when I see Bumblefoot shredding in the bootlegs headbanger
this guy or that guy are BETTER than Slash when at this point its laughable.
No it's not, it's a opinion.
Beside, NiN did it's own thing, it's own scene with it's own style of guitarplaying and musical direction.

It became a succes, as you said yourself. "I think his career and success speak for itself." And that holds as true to Robin as Slash.
And this isn't the 80's anymore either Tongue

I wished Robin would make answer what the deal is, I just assume he's still in until then peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2123 on: May 07, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »

If you want to compare old and new gnr lineup changes you have to ask yourself what if Slash left an not Izzy. Its the same thing today. By no means is Bucket and Robin on the same level as Slash in terms of popularity, etc but they are all lead guitarists for GNR.

If you take Slash out instead of IZzy who knows what would have happened to GNR during the early 90;s. I know one thing, it would be totally different.

Just something that passed unnoticed... Izzy left and GN'R, as we all know, has not released an album with original material since then.
If Slash had left earlier than Izzy I am pretty sure GN'R would have found somebody to play lead, both on tour or studio, and would have moved on...

DOn't get me wrong, I really like Slash, but using the same arguments as the Finck bashers, anyone can play lead guitar, but a few people can write tunes... almost every single GN'R ever put out was written basically by Izzy and/or Axl...

The major hits were written by them...

Show me what Slash have done without GN'R and I'll tell you: except for the first Snakepit album, that was mainly GN'R outtakes, it was all crap.
Izzy had done some GREAT stuff in his solo albums, BUT I think he missed the "edgy" flavour and deeper lyrics Axl could have put on his songs.. But it's still good, and much better than Slash's. It has some kind of Tom Petty feel to it that I really like.. Of course it's almost 0% related to Guns, but is great nonetheless.
Axl still has something to prove, but the samples we have of Chinese Democracy are great as well...

I've always thought Slash needed Axl that needed Izzy... Once Izzy was gone...

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"

Please tell me u are fuckin jokin?

U are new to this place, so I am going to go easy on u

U really need to actually BUY some GNR Cds and read the notes

Slash is responsible for:

WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
have u ever heard of a little song called Sweet Child O Mine?
My Michelle
Paradise City
Coma "Possibly Greatest GNR Song Ever'
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Not to mention the countless legendary solos and licks he made for songs such as:  November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, KODH Solo, YCBM solo, Dont Cry Solos, FUCK IT Dead Horse solos

So before coming on here and posting, touching up on GNR history would really be a magnicicent idea.

Biggest difference between Robin and Slash:

Slash created some of the all time legendary greatest riffs/solos of all time

Robin has basically made a career PLAYING other people's music

So forgive me if that doesnt fill me with the greatest confidence.

"Better" alleivates *like that word?*  to a degree, but I need to see consistency

Slash has also done plenty since GNR, ever heard of a little song called "Slither?" but this shit isnt about that.  Also, dude already made his name and mark, he will be a legend regardless if he turned into a jazz player in a nightclub or joined a boy band. he has made his name.

U can say that for tons of the greats. What has Eddie Van Halen done in the past decade?  Get my point? U dont lose Iconic status once u attain it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #2124 on: May 07, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »

Ok--I really don't want to wade through 107 pages...

So...

Robin is touring with NIN, and as far as we know he's still in GN'R.

Can we lock this thing already?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2125 on: May 07, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »

Oh, to add to my post:

Gnr arent a "HITS" band, they've never been the radio commercial band

If we are talking about hits, Slash has wrote the biggest hits, SCOM, PC, WTTJ solos on NR

Izzy gave us Patience, Dont Cry, YCBM

sorry but those three arent in the same league as SLash's three.

ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #2126 on: May 07, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »

Actually I'm not "new to this place".. I've been around for many years now, I just don't post whatever pops into my head to any given thread... There's more to life than message boards, you know?

And I don't like your attitude... Who the hell do you think you are? And who the hell do you think I am, so you can "go easy on me"?

With all due respect, go fuck yourself if it makes you feel better. (no pun intended).

About what you wrote, of the songs you listed:
WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Paradise City
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Just the appetite ones were singles (wttj, pc, scom) and civil war... And these ones were mainly collaborative work that included most of the band members.

I agree that Coma is one of the best GN'R songs ever, actually it's my favorite.

And before you tell me to go buy or read some GN'R album liner notes, go to the toilet and clean the shit out off of your face... It might have been in there for all of your life, and nobody told you...

I have been friends with Jarmo, John M, Jeff Boerio and a few other people on the GN'R community since this site template was black and ugly... It could have been 97 or 98... Also, I've been on the Dust And Bones list for long time, around the same timeframe...

Don't know if you remember the Live Era release, and the t-shirts give away... Yeah, that GNROnline one, that is pretty expensive on e-bay... I've got mine for free...

Also I've met some of the band members and crew in Rio, 2001 and kept in touch with them after that... But that doesn't really matter...

Who in GN'R did you ever met? Axl's mic tech neighbour's butcher? Close!!

Anyway, I don't have to explain anything to you...

And before I forget, go fuck yourself again... You seem to like it.

Cheers!

P.s.: Slither is a piece of light shit and all other Velvet Revolver songs are pieces of heavy shit.

If you want to compare old and new gnr lineup changes you have to ask yourself what if Slash left an not Izzy. Its the same thing today. By no means is Bucket and Robin on the same level as Slash in terms of popularity, etc but they are all lead guitarists for GNR.

If you take Slash out instead of IZzy who knows what would have happened to GNR during the early 90;s. I know one thing, it would be totally different.

Just something that passed unnoticed... Izzy left and GN'R, as we all know, has not released an album with original material since then.
If Slash had left earlier than Izzy I am pretty sure GN'R would have found somebody to play lead, both on tour or studio, and would have moved on...

DOn't get me wrong, I really like Slash, but using the same arguments as the Finck bashers, anyone can play lead guitar, but a few people can write tunes... almost every single GN'R ever put out was written basically by Izzy and/or Axl...

Show me what Slash have done without GN'R and I'll tell you: except for the first Snakepit album, that was mainly GN'R outtakes, it was all crap.
Izzy had done some GREAT stuff in his solo albums, BUT I think he missed the "edgy" flavour and deeper lyrics Axl could have put on his songs.. But it's still good, and much better than Slash's. It has some kind of Tom Petty feel to it that I really like.. Of course it's almost 0% related to Guns, but is great nonetheless.
Axl still has something to prove, but the samples we have of Chinese Democracy are great as well...

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"

WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Paradise City
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Not to mention the countless legendary solos and licks he made for songs such as:  November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, KODH Solo, YCBM solo, Dont Cry Solos, FUCK IT Dead Horse solos

So before coming on here and posting, touching up on GNR history would really be a magnicicent idea.

"Better" alleivates *like that word?*  to a degree, but I need to see consistency

Slash has also done plenty since GNR, ever heard of a little song called "Slither?" but this shit isnt about that.

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2127 on: May 07, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

If we are talking about hits, Slash has wrote the biggest hits, SCOM, PC, WTTJ solos on NR

Opinions...

A lot of people dislike the cheesy and decadent Novemember Rain (I don't) and "Hello, I am from the 80's" Paradise City.
Instead they like the more heavy stuff, or new stuff.

You obviously like the classic rock scene more than whats new out there.
But devalidating others who prefer bands with a diferent type of Rockmusic is not a good argument for who's better.

Slash played an untouchable role in GunsN'Roses during that era, like Elvis. Robin was a part of Nin and created history with Trent.

Robin's playing can be better than Slash's playing on old songs if someone thinks that,
- like others prefer Slash's (or Axl's for that matter) take on Since I don't have you VS the Original.

When it comes to new music, we have all indications it won't be classic rock all over again.
A lot of people like that, some don't.

GunsN'Roses aren't doing music like the old nostaliga acts from that time is doing. Listen to Oh My God for example. peace
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:58:30 AM by norway » Logged

ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #2128 on: May 07, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »

Even if I don't agree with you on Oh My God, I completely agree with everything else on your post.

You're exactly right.

Opinions...

A lot of people dislike the cheesy and decadent Novemember Rain (I don't) and "Hello, I am from the 80's" Paradise City.
Instead they like the more heavy stuff, or new stuff.

You obviously like the classic rock scene more than whats new out there.
But devalidating others who prefer bands with a diferent type of Rockmusic is not a good argument for who's better.

Slash played an untouchable role in GunsN'Roses during that era, like Elvis. Robin was a part of Nin and created history with Trent.

Robin's playing can be better than Slash's playing on old songs if someone thinks that,
- like others prefer Slash's take on Since I don't have you VS the original.

When it comes to new music, we have all indications it won't be classic rock all over again.
A lot of people like that, some don't.

GunsN'Roses aren't doing music like the old nostaliga acts from that time is doing. Listen to Oh My God for example. peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2129 on: May 07, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »

if Robin is goin to leave the band we'll get this "time to move on, next lead guitarist please" in here, right?

If that happens, it's the logical thing.

If he's replaced, it means the band is moving on. So as a fan, it makes sense that I would move on too, along with my favorite band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2130 on: May 07, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »

Even if I don't agree with you on Oh My God
I don't mean to say it's better, but the point is its very diferent music than anything from AFD.

Axl isn't not going to release the sequel to AFD, he progressed and it will be something new and diferent.
 Robin fits just nice to that. Smiley

Here some quotes how Axl has described the new music:

I think it is like old Guns N' Roses as far as, like, the spirit and the attempt to throw all kinds of different styles together.

The second (album) leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:15:48 PM by norway » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2131 on: May 07, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"

WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Paradise City
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Slash has also done plenty since GNR, ever heard of a little song called "Slither?" but this shit isnt about that.  Also, dude already made his name and mark, he will be a legend regardless if he turned into a jazz player in a nightclub or joined a boy band. he has made his name.

U can say that for tons of the greats. What has Eddie Van Halen done in the past decade?  Get my point? U dont lose Iconic status once u attain it.

Hey MAN... Only COLABORATIONS... C O L A B O R A T I O N S !!!!!

And All We know That... OK ?

VR Is NOTHING In Comparasion a GNR & New Song: BETTER, TWAT, THE BLUES...

SLITHER, WHAT ?  rofl

ok

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #2132 on: May 07, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »

Even if I don't agree with you on Oh My God
I don't mean to say it's better, but the point is its very diferent music than anything from AFD.

Axl isn't not going to release the sequel to AFD, he progressed and it will be something new and diferent.
 Robin fits just nice to that. Smiley

I got your point and I agree completely... And I also think Robin fits better with a more updated approach...

About OMG, I think it's just a demo, as far as we know.. Just like Silkworms in Rio... It just didn't seem "complete".. OMG appears to be from the same "bag", and I think the were all being worked on...

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #2133 on: May 07, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »

If he's replaced, it means the band is moving on. So as a fan, it makes sense that I would move on too, along with my favorite band.

/jarmo

But see, you are not supposed to move on. You are supposed to rebel and denounce this change. Then demand to the band who you want in for you to continue to support them. That's what a fan is, right?  rofl

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2134 on: May 07, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »

/jarmo

But see, you are not supposed to move on. You are supposed to rebel and denounce this change. Then demand to the band who you want in for you to continue to support them. That's what a fan is, right?  rofl

That's a "true fan"! One that's never happy, feels the band owes him and has certain conditions that need to be met in order to continue being a true fan....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2135 on: May 07, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »

Hey D, didn't you say you were staying out of this thread  Huh   

you keep babbling on about Slash, this has nothing to do with him!    I don't come here to read about him, I come here to talk about the members of GnR.

Exactly.  Its the respectful thing to do, to both parties.  If Robin isn't coming back, its obviously what he wants and I will respect that.  I will also respect the band and give the replacement a fair shake and not babble on about guys who aren't in the band anymore.   And this is coming from one of Robin's biggest fans, and I'll follow what he's doing wherever he is..   

No use in dwelling on what was, instead focus on what is.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2136 on: May 07, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

perhaps I should ask Axl and say,,. Dude I can play.

well I can play most of gnr's set's.
most of the old songs, and all new songs. they are not that hard to cover.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2137 on: May 07, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »

About OMG, I think it's just a demo, as far as we know..
It was released before it was ready, I think Axl said that in an interview.

Regardles, it proves they worked on very diverse music diferent from the old.
Basicly it said "Hello, I am Axl Rose. I have progressed musically and will not be a classic rock nostalgia act."

Thats how I actually got intrested in GunsN'Roses...again. peace

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #2138 on: May 07, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »

well I can play most of gnr's set's.
most of the old songs, and all new songs. they are not that hard to cover.
really? I'd love to see you playing I.R.S. solo or the whole Chinese Democracy on the fretless. hihi

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2139 on: May 07, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

Actually I'm not "new to this place".. I've been around for many years now, I just don't post whatever pops into my head to any given thread... There's more to life than message boards, you know?

And I don't like your attitude... Who the hell do you think you are? And who the hell do you think I am, so you can "go easy on me"?

With all due respect, go fuck yourself if it makes you feel better. (no pun intended).

About what you wrote, of the songs you listed:
WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Paradise City
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Just the appetite ones were singles (wttj, pc, scom) and civil war... And these ones were mainly collaborative work that included most of the band members.

I agree that Coma is one of the best GN'R songs ever, actually it's my favorite.

And before you tell me to go buy or read some GN'R album liner notes, go to the toilet and clean the shit out off of your face... It might have been in there for all of your life, and nobody told you...

I have been friends with Jarmo, John M, Jeff Boerio and a few other people on the GN'R community since this site template was black and ugly... It could have been 97 or 98... Also, I've been on the Dust And Bones list for long time, around the same timeframe...

Don't know if you remember the Live Era release, and the t-shirts give away... Yeah, that GNROnline one, that is pretty expensive on e-bay... I've got mine for free...

Also I've met some of the band members and crew in Rio, 2001 and kept in touch with them after that... But that doesn't really matter...

Who in GN'R did you ever met? Axl's mic tech neighbour's butcher? Close!!

Anyway, I don't have to explain anything to you...

And before I forget, go fuck yourself again... You seem to like it.

Cheers!

P.s.: Slither is a piece of light shit and all other Velvet Revolver songs are pieces of heavy shit.

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"

WTTJ
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Paradise City
Locomotive
Civil War
RNDTH
Dont Damn Me

Slash has also done plenty since GNR, ever heard of a little song called "Slither?" but this shit isnt about that.

so how is it u know so little about GNR and who wrote what?

Do your homework kid

Then come back in a few years. ok

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: