Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784794 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2100 on: May 06, 2008, 05:31:14 PM »

Again, Im not discrediting Bfoot at all.

Fortus can play the material but hes a regular guitarist. Same with Bfoot.

Hes a great guitarist. I just dont think he has that extra something. When I watch Bucket and Bumble they are both great but one really sticks out. One is super explosive.

Explosive?

People might have disliked him but guess what they were talking about him. He was a source of discussion when discussing GNR. Debates arise, people talking, people then listen, and eventually more times than not they will eventually become fans because the guy is great.

Of course people were talking about him. He played in GN'R. Jesus.

Why do you think you are talking about him? Same reason!

And obiviously Axl didnt care about what people would say about his image. If he did would he have jumped thru hoops to please him when he was with the band? And try to get him back when he left? Didnt Axl even go on some trip to Disneyland once to talk to him? Didnt Axl get him some hard to find doll to get him to come down to tryout? Not to mention Chicken Coops. Axl has done a lot to please and get Bucket back. That should all tell you something

It tells me Buckethead wants to do his own thing, I respect that and have moved on.

See above. Bumble is very good. But imo hes not the guy to replace Slash.

Nobody said so.

Again, I will bet anything, if Axl had his choice he would want Bucket and Robin playing lead. Not only because of their abilities but because of the stuff Im talking bout...identity, star power, discussion, etc

"You're not in the band"  rofl

I like Richard a lot. Although I think his current role is perfect if he had to share lead I know he can do it. But again....hes not Buckethead...hes not explosive

Next time you see him with GN'R, watch him.

Theres a lot of people who can play the material well. But there is only a select few who can command it, who can own it, who can bring something extra to the table.

I think you're wrong.

The majority of talented musicians put their personal mark on the music they perform.

They changed but they didnt change.

Quote of the century!

I dont care about the pre AFD changes. I also cant compare the changes of Izzy and Adler with Bucket and RObin

Although Izzy is GREAT(my 2nd fav old member) him leaving is not as big of a deal if lets say Slash left.

Again, opinion.

You keep saying a band is the sum of its all parts etc. I agree. I also agree that Axl is the ultimate star and reason we are all here. But he is trying to rebuild the gnr name. He doesnt want this to be a solo project. You cant rebuild the gnr name without star power. Axl not included. A rock band needs that lead guitarist to go along with the frontman.

As I've said.... There's more lead guitarists in the world than the two you keep mentioning over and over again.

Maybe its just me but I personally dont get excited when I hear Bfoot play a solo or something. It doesnt do it for me.

It's just you.  ok

You remind me of certain other fans who act like you. "It's no the same!"...... Same discussion, different names.

You need the star power. You need a player who can help rebuild GNR.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm only disagreeing with your illusion that only two guys in the universe have what it takes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #2101 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

Jaysus!

Bucket was a great guitarist when was in Guns. I haven't heard him solo, but I have no doubt he is a great talent.
Robin is a great guitarist.
Richard is a great guitarist.
Bumble is a great guitarist.

Axl's track record is fine. if Robin leaves and he is replaced, you can guarantee that Guns will get someone great in. The band goes on - and will continue to be a great band.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #2102 on: May 06, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »

the guitar duties have been divided amongst 3 players, shows a somewhat deliberate attempt to "downplay" any sort of Axl-Lead Guitarist relationship this time around IMHO...

i agree 100%. i think that was a very wise move from axl's part.

If they hook up with someone like Axl sure they can write riffs to save their lives. And likely better than alot of the Slash riffs. It's as simple as that. How many more artistical failures does your hero have to go through for people like you to get that?

look at these 2 axl interviews. they speak for themselves.

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.

and this one:

I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out.

axl has questioned a lot of times slash's character, credibility and work ethic but he has never said anything bad in regards to his musical talent as far as i

can remember... peace

homo homini lupus...
greendog
« Reply #2103 on: May 06, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »

But again....hes not Buckethead...hes not explosive

Sorry, but next time I want to watch someone explosive, I won't be watching someone who moves like a robot and fucks chickens in his spare time.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2104 on: May 06, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »

Jaysus!

Bucket was a great guitarist when was in Guns. I haven't heard him solo, but I have no doubt he is a great talent.
Robin is a great guitarist.
Richard is a great guitarist.
Bumble is a great guitarist.

Axl's track record is fine. if Robin leaves and he is replaced, you can guarantee that Guns will get someone great in. The band goes on - and will continue to be a great band.

I Agree Man.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2105 on: May 06, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.
Basically, Richard?s the guy that we always were looking for.
-Axl Rose, August 2002

I Agree Man.

HBK *
If you don't have anything to add to the discussion except "I agree" or just smileys, please don't post in that thread.
Lot of people find that kind of posts annoying. Smiley only posts are likely to get deleted since they don't contribute anything to the discussions.

- Jarmo, July 2004

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2106 on: May 06, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »

To the people talking about Axl's comments about upping the ante as a dig at Robin, it's not necessarily true.  Listen to Robin's solos, they are mostly short and to the point.  His solo in Better is nearly perfect for what the song calls for.  Same with The Blues.

But some songs call for a big, epic solo and that's not his style.  Nobody knows exactly what Axl meant but Axl himself, but for example TWAT is a song that calls for an epic solo, Robin's solos are perfect build into Buckethead's big finale.  But in the 1999 version without Bucket, the song isn't as good.  Madagascar is another song that required an big solo, which Buckethead delivered, Catcher, Brian May delivered.  That's not a diss towards Robin or an insult, it's just that it's not his style to play a soaring, minute long type of solo, but some of the new songs call for that type of guitarwork.  They definitely upped the ante on TWAT when Buckethead came in and played on it, I don't think that's debatable.  At the same time, it's not an insult towards Robin.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2107 on: May 06, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »

Basically, Richard?s the guy that we always were looking for.
-Axl Rose, August 2002

I Agree Man.

HBK *
If you don't have anything to add to the discussion except "I agree" or just smileys, please don't post in that thread.
Lot of people find that kind of posts annoying. Smiley only posts are likely to get deleted since they don't contribute anything to the discussions.

- Jarmo, July 2004

I believe In The Post of User markreed, OK ?

What's Is You Problem... ?

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2108 on: May 06, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »

Robin said on his website he's thrilled be to playing with NIN !!! PLAYING !!! not Joining !!! Playing means u play with your friends like at the playground when your 8 you play for awhile and you go home.  GNR is home everyone settle down its not like GNR is touring in 2 months.  damn let him do what he wants to do for the time being.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2109 on: May 06, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »

Robin said on his website he's thrilled be to playing with NIN !!! PLAYING !!! not Joining !!! Playing means u play with your friends like at the playground when your 8 you play for awhile and you go home.  GNR is home everyone settle down its not like GNR is touring in 2 months.  damn let him do what he wants to do for the time being.

That I take this more than clear, but some ... NO.

beer

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

McDuff
« Reply #2110 on: May 07, 2008, 01:40:40 AM »

Why the fuck do people keep mentioning Slash and other members that are not even in the fucking band anymore?Sure I'm a huge Slash fan but that has nothing to with me supporting this band.For those who don't realize and keep bringing up past members,get over it and stop comparing them to each other. smoking
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2111 on: May 07, 2008, 02:11:46 AM »

Why the fuck do people keep mentioning Slash and other members that are not even in the fucking band anymore?Sure I'm a huge Slash fan but that has nothing to with me supporting this band.For those who don't realize and keep bringing up past members,get over it and stop comparing them to each other. smoking

Good Post... But...

Some Insist The Comparison. No Case.

Sad Sad Sad

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2112 on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:42 AM »

I will give Robin credit for "Better' That song is fuckin bad ass in every way shape and form. his solo on that song is amazing

I just hope he can do that consistently.

There Was A Time is soooooooooooooooooo close. It has moments but its kind of like a girl giving u the greatest blowjob u ever had and she stops right before u pop. its like sooooooo close to being amazing but it just doesnt quite get there. *maybe it has on the finished version

Not to make this an old vs new thread,but with NR, Estranged, SCOM, Slash is able to complement Axl's vocals so amazingly well. He can match the emotion and thunder and awesomeness in Axl's voice.

The new band come close, TWAT for example but its just not quite. *something of course I hope is there on the finished CD version.

Here is another thing u have to look at also from the casual fan point of view. They are gonna look at it like, it takes two of these guys to fill one guy's shoes. right or wrong that is the perception a lot of people will get.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2113 on: May 07, 2008, 02:48:54 AM »

Anyone just ever think that Robin got sick of waiting for Axl to get his shit together. NO ONE hear works for Interscope so we do not know for sure if CD is DONE. It's still all hearsay at this point. I honestly think Robin saw how productive and innovative Trent has been using the Internet and such over the past few years and decided to jump back on board with someone who's actually staying relevant.

If anyone is to blame here I think it's Axl. NO record needs to take over a decade to record...NONE
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2114 on: May 07, 2008, 02:55:18 AM »

One could certainly compare this to the recent Scott Weiland/VR split

Scott hung around VR because that was his meal ticket and he had no other option. As soon as he got the STP call, things seemed to go south because he then had an alternative and no longer had to put up with the shit he didnt like.

Maybe Trent called Robin and gave him an alternative to waiting around and doing nothing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2115 on: May 07, 2008, 06:30:18 AM »

A dumb comment

Nope, I think of the 150 posts I made on this forum, about 6 or 7 were for you and I mocked your childish style with mis-info in each, try better next time with your reply  peace

You replied to each of mine, writing long essays of rhetoric I didn't even read after the first sentence, hehe  hihi

I am a bit surprised you backed off on the usual rhetoric on this one....oh, I see..you are starting a new copy of the same broken record, the other one was worn out   ok

Changing my posts? Well, whatever floats your boat. My long essays were posts directed at someone else and most were responses to them, that you decided to get involved with. You're the one wanting my attention for whatever reason.

I don't think you know what rhetoric means. You keep using that word completely out of context. You don't read my posts but yet you keep responding to them... And you respond to my posts just because they're mine, not because of what's written on them or who they're directed to... Well, I think that kind of speaks for itself.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2116 on: May 07, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »

NO ONE hear works for Interscope so we do not know for sure if CD is DONE. It's still all hearsay at this point.

You don't need to work at the record company to know that.

And it is done.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2117 on: May 07, 2008, 09:33:14 AM »

NO ONE hear works for Interscope so we do not know for sure if CD is DONE. It's still all hearsay at this point.

You don't need to work at the record company to know that.

And it is done.

/jarmo

Jarmo, give us an update on the month long "negotiations" that are taking place....
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #2118 on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »

If you want to compare old and new gnr lineup changes you have to ask yourself what if Slash left an not Izzy. Its the same thing today. By no means is Bucket and Robin on the same level as Slash in terms of popularity, etc but they are all lead guitarists for GNR.

If you take Slash out instead of IZzy who knows what would have happened to GNR during the early 90;s. I know one thing, it would be totally different.

Just something that passed unnoticed... Izzy left and GN'R, as we all know, has not released an album with original material since then.
If Slash had left earlier than Izzy I am pretty sure GN'R would have found somebody to play lead, both on tour or studio, and would have moved on...

DOn't get me wrong, I really like Slash, but using the same arguments as the Finck bashers, anyone can play lead guitar, but a few people can write tunes... almost every single GN'R ever put out was written basically by Izzy and/or Axl...

The major hits were written by them...

Show me what Slash have done without GN'R and I'll tell you: except for the first Snakepit album, that was mainly GN'R outtakes, it was all crap.
Izzy had done some GREAT stuff in his solo albums, BUT I think he missed the "edgy" flavour and deeper lyrics Axl could have put on his songs.. But it's still good, and much better than Slash's. It has some kind of Tom Petty feel to it that I really like.. Of course it's almost 0% related to Guns, but is great nonetheless.
Axl still has something to prove, but the samples we have of Chinese Democracy are great as well...

I've always thought Slash needed Axl that needed Izzy... Once Izzy was gone...

See ya!
"Shuffle it all!"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:44:18 AM by ottosporteman » Logged

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2119 on: May 07, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

here's the thing(s) and my opinion is fact Wink

Mario Lemieux could have been better then gretzky, during marios best years he got cancer, then came back like 35 years old and were among the absolute best, due to injuries and cancer we will never know how the stats would have looked like, who cares in this thread?

forgot to add that crosby is a almost worse crybaby then lindros..

lindros ruled hihi

so there u got a little fun n' games

i have a headache and it's too warm that's off topic for ya'll

now doing bad obsession:

robin is fucking awesome wherever he will play, although if he left GNR and was replaced with no chance to come back and trent fucked with robin again i'd love to see robin play with marilyn manson, then get racci shay on drums, and keep twiggy and chris vrenna and that would be a band better then the beatles (remember my opinion is facts)

this thread now?

ok, everybody should stop talking about slash and izzy, they were great but they are also history and ex-gunners (they left by their own choice), what they did for GNR is undeniably something we all love..
we don't have much to talk about at the moment but we won't get any wiser by speculating on shit we don't know anything about

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not anyone elses. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: