Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 744021 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #1900 on: April 26, 2008, 07:40:13 AM »

Pretty safe to say Finck has left.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1901 on: April 26, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »

i'm also afraid it is that way (new nin single, tour, something more to be anounced by nin the next days). but why is it "safe to say" he has left? because del said something about tuning issues?

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1902 on: April 26, 2008, 10:46:28 AM »

99% of the people here are speculating, I'll buy the story when the GNR camp explains...
Meanwhile it's fun reading and I'm hoping the best for us fans, keep your heads up.   
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:52:11 AM by Luigi » Logged

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
elmir
VIP

« Reply #1903 on: April 26, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »

its pretty safe to say that Finck is finished with his GNR work....as in, recording is completed, the album may just be close to being released....wtf is going to do while the boardroom brigade is busy doing all the number crunching and forecasting?

sit on his ass?
or go and make some money by playing with his old buddies for a while?

he's a grown man, the fact that he didn't notify gnr about him playing elsewhere is not that much of a shock, he can do what he wants, gnr are not touring right now, and according to many people album was done ages ago....

so as far as we know, he has no gnr commitments right now....if he is needed for a video shoot perhaps, he can easily be flown to location for a day or two from wherever he is....no big deal...

i sure hope he becomes available when axl decides to go on tour again....

because if he isn't, then it can be pretty safe to say that he has left.....and i don't know if i am ready to deal with another major line up change....

its enough now....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1904 on: April 26, 2008, 11:38:35 AM »

jumping to conclusions is stupid.   we have no idea, we aren't there, we cant' speculate.   all we can do is see what happens.

I agree that we will have to wait and see how this plays out, anything could happen...this is from 2005 Undecided

TRENT REZNOR Comments On New NINE INCH NAILS Lineup - Jan. 23, 2005

Commented Trent, "I am very excited about this and we fucking sound great. I've been saying I've wanted this incarnation of the band to be a departure and now it truly is.

"Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong ? effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=31890

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1905 on: April 26, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »

jumping to conclusions is stupid.   we have no idea, we aren't there, we cant' speculate.   all we can do is see what happens.

I agree that we will have to wait and see how this plays out, anything could happen...this is from 2005 Undecided

TRENT REZNOR Comments On New NINE INCH NAILS Lineup - Jan. 23, 2005

Commented Trent, "I am very excited about this and we fucking sound great. I've been saying I've wanted this incarnation of the band to be a departure and now it truly is.

"Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong ? effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=31890

I guess u mean that it's weird that robin would wanna go back to that?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1906 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »

He sounded like a case of sour grapes in there.  Tongue

i'm also afraid it is that way (new nin single, tour, something more to be anounced by nin the next days). but why is it "safe to say" he has left? because del said something about tuning issues?

what's safe about a gamble?
GNR is the most dangerous band ever.

whatever it implys, Del states that was NO fault of Robin and the issues seem to be no more now.
No news is good news. silence can imply no change.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1907 on: April 26, 2008, 12:11:43 PM »

Trent does not keep a stable lineup.   His last tour featured a completely different group of guys.    What I'm saying is, to all of you who are saying "its pretty safe to say Finck has left", just wait until the next GnR tour before you write him off like that because he's gone on tour with NIN before and was back to play shows in 2001.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1908 on: April 26, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »

its pretty safe to say that Finck is finished with his GNR work....as in, recording is completed, the album may just be close to being released....wtf is going to do while the boardroom brigade is busy doing all the number crunching and forecasting?

sit on his ass?
or go and make some money by playing with his old buddies for a while?

To tour with NIN he will be under contract with them. I doubt he's just going to tear that contract up if Axl comes knocking.

If I'd spent close to ten years of my life working on and waiting for an album I'd worked on to be released, I sure wouldn't take any chances of not being there to tour it, if it's really as close as Beta and Del are making out.

And there goes the challenger...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1909 on: April 26, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »

He sounded like a case of sour grapes in there.  Tongue

what's safe about a gamble?
GNR is the most dangerous band ever.

whatever it implys, Del states that was NO fault of Robin and the issues seem to be no more now.
No news is good news. silence can imply no change.

Excelent Post. I Agree

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1910 on: April 26, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »

To tour with NIN he will be under contract with them.
We haven't seen the contract, and isn't he under contract with Gn'R anyway?

So you being selective of which of the contracts would matter the most? Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1911 on: April 26, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer - a performer's contract for the length of the tour.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments, considering the band hasn't been active in well over a year.

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1912 on: April 27, 2008, 01:09:45 AM »

much utopia for some people here  Huh

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1913 on: April 27, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »

As time has passed I've gone from dissappointment and frustration regarding lack of a clear answer, to much more positive that Robin's status is not impacting release of CD.  Because I'd take CD in my hands over seeing them tour live with Robin 100 times over.  When time comes for a tour Robin is either there or not.  If not he'll be missed but they'll find someone who can play his parts.  Since the bands focus is on releasing CD, so should ours.  Ok, Jarmo, you have my permission to lock this thread now.  Just kidding  Grin   peace
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:59:08 AM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1914 on: April 27, 2008, 12:56:25 PM »

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer - a performer's contract for the length of the tour.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments, considering the band hasn't been active in well over a year.

Since they were still touring in Japan last year in July, the band has been active within the last year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1915 on: April 27, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »

Since they were still touring in Japan last year in July, the band has been active within the last year.

Oh sorry, my humblest apologies. 9 and 3 quarter months then.

Congratulations on this weeks 'Completely missing the point' award by the way.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1916 on: April 27, 2008, 10:12:05 PM »

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer -
Source? We don't know specifics of the contract whatsoever, unless you got a source with info.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments.
Probably, maybe.

NIN management is fully aware Robin is a GunsN'Roses member-
- so it is entirely plausible the contract is signed in accordance to his commitments to Gn'R, so he can be replaced.

It doesn't seem GunsN'Roses will tour this year at all so far, so we will see what happens. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1917 on: April 27, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer -
Source? We don't know specifics of the contract whatsoever, unless you got a source with info.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments.
Probably, maybe.

NIN management is fully aware Robin is a GunsN'Roses member-
- so it is entirely plausible the contract is signed in accordance to his commitments to Gn'R, so he can be replaced.

It doesn't seem GunsN'Roses will tour this year at all so far, so we will see what happens. peace

ROBIN Is Member Of GUNS N 'ROSES...

Special Guest In NIN.

smoking

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1918 on: April 28, 2008, 08:23:08 AM »

Go kick some NIN-arse Robin! By the time you're done I'll be more than happy to welcome you back in Guns!

ok

N ! 3 |(
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1919 on: April 28, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »

Oh sorry, my humblest apologies. 9 and 3 quarter months then.

Congratulations on this weeks 'Completely missing the point' award by the way.

If you're going to attempt to insult someone, you should try harder.

9 months is far different from "Well over a year"

Also... go back a few pages, I haven't missed the point of anything. And for the record the point certainly isn't people guessing about the legalities of Robin's relationship with either NIN or GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: