Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 742950 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #1680 on: April 21, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »

Seriously, I dont see any reason why they released that "press release" with such level of knowledge of the situation. Really, how hard is it to call him and ask whats going on?

Imagine this happening during the GN'R tour (not very likely to happen), between gigs Robin joins NIN and GN'R's  confused management nervous releases a statements saying "We don't know whats going on, so well just cancel rest of the tour, thanks for your support."?

I'm assuming they responded because the GNR fanbase on the internet was in a frenzy.  And they were honest with their response.  It's now up to Robin to let the people know what his deal is, if he so chooses.  And let's not put all the blame on the GNR camp here.  You could ask, how hard is it to call Robin to find out what his deal is.  But it works both ways.  How hard is it for Robin to call up Axl or GNR management and tell them what his deal is?

I actually refuse to believe that neither side knows whats going on. My opinion is, that they (Robin & the camp)  are covering the fact that Rob'in will play a WORLD TOUR with NIN, which will last atleast till late fall, which means CD is "nowhere" near ready (maybe ready from Axl's part) to be released. If theres no tour, there wont be CD.
Robin knew this and took the opportunity to work with Trent.

Yeah, unless Robin quit Guns N' Roses for good. Which again is very unlikely, considering he will want a credit for being a part of all this circus now known as Chinese Democracy.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1681 on: April 21, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »

I am glad we are finally getting official information from Del and the band  ok  This should be our year. Anymore I dont give a shit who is playing which instrument. As long as Axl is on lead vocals I am ready to hear Chinese!  Everything will fall into place and in 6 months (hopefully) we will all look back and realize how naive we really were.  We should be enjoying this time because this is the quiet before the big storm hits.  peace

I see the new article Guns N Robin has "Guns N Roses" signature, not Del James
Does that mean that the managment has taken over the webside now?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1682 on: April 21, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »

I am glad we are finally getting official information from Del and the band  ok  This should be our year. Anymore I dont give a shit who is playing which instrument. As long as Axl is on lead vocals I am ready to hear Chinese!  Everything will fall into place and in 6 months (hopefully) we will all look back and realize how naive we really were.  We should be enjoying this time because this is the quiet before the big storm hits.  peace

I see the new article Guns N Robin has "Guns N Roses" signature, not Del James
Does that mean that the managment has taken over the webside now?

This AMAZING.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1683 on: April 21, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »

The Robin statement is making the rounds:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/21/news-ticker-guns-n-roses-britney-spears-coldplay/

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95329

Again, so happy to hear that things are progressing with the release of CD.....excellent, excellent news!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1684 on: April 21, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/21/news-ticker-guns-n-roses-britney-spears-coldplay/

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95329

Again, so happy to hear that things are progressing with the release of CD.....excellent, excellent news!

Billboards got about the most positive spin I've seen on the deal:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003791891

Guns N' Roses 'Negotiating' To Release New Album
April 21, 2008, 12:55 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

With a new management team in place, Guns N' Roses is "in negotiations" for the release of its decade-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy," according to a post on the band's Web site.

The message did not elaborate on what the discussions concern, or offer an approximate release date for "Chinese Democracy," which was last on Interscope's release schedule in March 2007.

In other GNR news, guitarist Robin Finck has left the Axl Rose-led band to return to Nine Inch Nails, and will tour with the latter act this summer.

"Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard," the band says. "Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time."

"When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are," the post continues. "Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1685 on: April 21, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »

Now that we are all clear about Robin and his status and can rest easy regarding the future of CD....wonder if they could clarify who the official drummer is? Will it be Frank mostly on the album and the next tour and promotions or will it be Brain? or will they share the job?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1686 on: April 21, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »

Billboards got about the most positive spin I've seen on the deal:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003791891

Guns N' Roses 'Negotiating' To Release New Album
April 21, 2008, 12:55 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Thanks for sharing the link.  As far as I'm concerned, *anything* to do with releasing CD is positive....    beer
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1687 on: April 21, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »

Thankz GOD...

Only Positive News.

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1688 on: April 21, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »

I didnt even think about the part concerning CD being in negotiations to be released.

HBK, your sig is way misleading. The guy "Played" but contributed nothing for them to be in the top 100.

Its gonna be interesting to see what happens if Axl wants to release CD while Robin is still on tour with NIN.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1689 on: April 21, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »

So basically Robin is an ass. If he wants to leave, that's his choice and he is certainly entitled to it. I think its kind of no-class to not at least tell one gig your out, and just join a new one and that's how the world finds out.

Whatever.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1690 on: April 21, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »

I'm gonna remain optimistic until they flat out announce that he's left. Looking hopeful...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1691 on: April 21, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »

I'm gonna remain optimistic until they flat out announce that he's left. Looking hopeful...

I'd say GNR is doing the same thing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1692 on: April 21, 2008, 08:18:08 PM »

Please, no reunion bullshit.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #1693 on: April 21, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »

For me, the only noteworthy line in that release is the "negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy" bit.  That pretty well confirms the rumors that the album is finally DONE, or at least gets close enough for me.

I have nothing against Robin, but really couldn't care less if he's in or out.  There are plenty of great guitarists out there who could step in and fill his shoes if need be.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1694 on: April 21, 2008, 08:49:29 PM »

I didnt even think about the part concerning CD being in negotiations to be released.

HBK, your sig is way misleading. The guy "Played" but contributed nothing for them to be in the top 100.

Its gonna be interesting to see what happens if Axl wants to release CD while Robin is still on tour with NIN.

It's My SimplY Comments. Grettings Mr. D.

beer

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1695 on: April 21, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »

For me, the only noteworthy line in that release is the "negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy" bit.  That pretty well confirms the rumors that the album is finally DONE, or at least gets close enough for me.

I have nothing against Robin, but really couldn't care less if he's in or out.  There are plenty of great guitarists out there who could step in and fill his shoes if need be.

I completely agree with you, Kayoss.  This is what I was saying a few months back.  A lot of people around here seem to fall all over themselves praising these guys, simply because they're affiliated with Axl.  In reality, no one really cared about them until they came into the Gn'R circle, and the majority won't care when they're gone.  You really think that people would be talking about Robin Finck's and Richard Fortus' "side projects" if they weren't in Gn'R?  

In fact, most will probably just badmouth them, when they exit the infinitely rounding revolving door.
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #1696 on: April 21, 2008, 08:55:49 PM »

I agree with you there plenty of good guitarists out there that can fill in for him

RtJ
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1697 on: April 21, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »

Well.. yes. There are plenty of guitarists that would fit in perhaps even better than him sonicly. BUT I'd be very bummed if he was missing from the live show. I feel Robin is the most interesting performer out of the 8 that played the most recent tour (besides axl).

He jumps in the crowd while playing. He wears interesting clothes. He has those wierd leg and head motions while he plays.

Bumble is my favorite musician in there, but Robin is my favorite performer.
Make sense?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1698 on: April 21, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

I'm more concerned that such a long term member of the band has left and that it was a surprise to the rest of the band.  Kinda weird how guns guitarists just seem to leave abruptly.

i agree with one of the more recent posts, nobody will care once he is replaced so long as the new guy can play the shit out of the material and has a personality.  in my opinion, guns n' roses in 2008 is Axl.  Everyone else is just along for the ride.

CD ain't coming out this year either.  my guess is 2009.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #1699 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »

Well.. yes. There are plenty of guitarists that would fit in perhaps even better than him sonicly. BUT I'd be very bummed if he was missing from the live show. I feel Robin is the most interesting performer out of the 8 that played the most recent tour (besides axl).

He jumps in the crowd while playing. He wears interesting clothes. He has those wierd leg and head motions while he plays.

Bumble is my favorite musician in there, but Robin is my favorite performer.
Make sense?

Yes, I can understand your point of view

Cheers!!

RtJ
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: