Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 740716 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1660 on: April 21, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »

They made it pretty clear where things stand at this moment. Both in regards to Robin and the album.

They are being honest about it instead of guessing.

And I appreciate there honesty. Im not mad at GNR in any way. This isnt there fault. All Im saying is that we dont know Robins status despite this little press release.

We still dont know why he is going to tour with NIN and if/when he is coming back. And GNR clearly doesnt know that either.

This sentence in the update kinda speaks against that theory: When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at.

Not really. All it tells me is that they are leaving the door open for Robin. Its up to Robin to decide if he wants to leave NIN or come back to GNR for the tour.

IMO, I highly doubt Robin signed up with Trent for a world tour with the caveat of him leaving once Axl rings the bell. I would think Robin knew the general plans of GNR for the upcoming yr when signing on with NIN. Do you actually think Trent would let him play again if he knew he was going to leave for Axl again?

So because Robin has failed to tell GNR or the fans what his plans are I will make an educated guess and say at the moment he is a goner.

And when those future gnr plans come to fruition, we will get a statement saying unfortunately Robin decided to stick with NIN etc.

If Axl had any intention of touring this year Robins departure clearly will change those plans. Hence it affects us.

Robin will be touring with NIN. He has not expressed a desire to leave GN'R. He is doing something for himself as are the other members. That is the end of it

Adz has funny hair. You would be better off spending time in the other thread trying to win drumsticks.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1661 on: April 21, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »

All Im saying is that we dont know Robins status despite this little press release.

We still dont know why he is going to tour with NIN and if/when he is coming back. And GNR clearly doesnt know that either.

Yeah.

But like it says, it's no use to start trying to figure it out at this point when it's not affecting GN'R's plans.

Obviously some would be happy to know it right away, so they don't have to worry about it. But still....

Not really. All it tells me is that they are leaving the door open for Robin. Its up to Robin to decide if he wants to leave NIN or come back to GNR for the tour.

Yeah, but you're saying it postponed some alleged tour.

I don't think it did based on the sentence I quoted.

It also seems like the album is the main priority.

If Axl had any intention of touring this year Robins departure clearly will change those plans. Hence it affects us.

I don't think so.

If he had left the day or week before the tour started, it would probably affect some shows.

Now since they have no booked tour, it's not like it can affect anything that's not booked.  Wink

If they book a tour in the future, I'm sure they can figure out the Robin situation at that point so it won't affect the shows.

Like when Brain left the tour, they had Frank ready and only one show was postponed. They didn't have to postpone the whole tour.

Hopefully that makes sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1662 on: April 21, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »

Why are you being so negative and taking everything so personally?
What have I said that is negative? What makes you think I take this personal? Is this Jarmo lol?

All of the other band members are doing their own thing, this includes previous band/projects. The Robin/NIN thing is a little unexpected, but that is all. He is a grown up and he is allowed  to do his own thing
Playing in some bar band or some Japanese band no one has ever heard of is way different than playing with NIN.

Im all for solo projects and stuff like that. I have always said that. I even supported Tommys album and went to a show!

How can you says its "a little" unexpected. Lets not downplay it. Its more than that. Im not saying he isnt allowed to do it. I had no problem with his previous decision to leave GNR for NIN the first time. I could make a case for it being wrong this time, but if he is just doing this to kill time and will be back as soon as Axl needs him then all the power to him.

But I personally dont think its like that. Im sorry you disagree.

But like it says, it's no use to start trying to figure it out at this point when it's not affecting GN'R's plans.

Obviously some would be happy to know it right away, so they don't have to worry about it. But still....

fair enough

Yeah, but you're saying it postponed some alleged tour.
No, I said IF Axl had any plans on touring in 08 this would change that.

don't think so.

If he had left the day or week before the tour started, it would probably affect some shows.

Now since they have no booked tour, it's not like it can affect anything that's not booked. 

If they book a tour in the future, I'm sure they can figure out the Robin situation at that point so it won't affect the shows.

Like when Brain left the tour, they had Frank ready and only one show was postponed. They didn't have to postpone the whole tour.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Replacing Brain and Robin are two different things. Lets say Axls intentions were to release the album in the fall and kick off the world tour either right before or after the release. This now effects touring because now not only does he have to worry and be consumed with the release fo the album he would now possibly have to figure out who he wants to replace Robin

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:11:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1663 on: April 21, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »

some Japanese band no one has ever heard

You're showing your ignorance.  Lips Sealed

I believe that band "that no one has heard of" sold out three nights at the Tokyo Dome...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1664 on: April 21, 2008, 04:12:42 PM »

you know what I mean lets not nitpick

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Death Cube K
« Reply #1665 on: April 21, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »

I believe that band "that no one has heard of" sold out three nights at the Tokyo Dome...

X Japan is nothing compared to Nine Inch Nails on a worldwide scale. Nothing at all. If they sold out Tokyo Dome or not doesn't mean anything at all.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1666 on: April 21, 2008, 04:17:14 PM »

I just keep hearing "We're in negotiations for the release of 'Chinese Democracy'" and "tour plans" over and over again.  Everything else is just background noise.    ok
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1667 on: April 21, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »

But it is still about if the band members have some kind of downtime right now as far as GnR is concerned.

The record is done, negotiations are now the main priority, so what should they do, sit around and wait?

I think it is pretty cool for them to do some other stuff.
And I bet if Robin's decision would have had the same impact as Buckethead's departure we would have been reading a much different statement than the one we have.
That's why I assume that the situation the band is in right now is less dramatic as some people here would like to make us believe.

Let's join the statement: "we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1668 on: April 21, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »

I look at this as nothing more then the band having to clear up what a member is doing in the down time.  GNR is not going to speak for Robin.  It could have been a letter like Axls letter about Bucket leaving, and a show being cancelled. Instead it was Robin is doing whatever he wants, and our main focus as a band is trying to get CD out. 

so theres nothing to complain about.

Olorin
« Reply #1669 on: April 21, 2008, 04:38:24 PM »

"We're in negotiations for the release of "Chinese Democracy" and things are going well."

Wow Shocked, thats awesome, I'm so happy.  beer

It only took 80 pages to get a statement from the band, thats not too bad actually. (Although I have a sneeky suspicion that, in a fit of dispair, Jarmo called in a favour to try bring this thread to a close)

It got me thinking, how big a thread would it take to get some good quality audio and video from the previous tours uploaded onto the official site? ok
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1670 on: April 21, 2008, 04:38:49 PM »

I think it is important to remember that there is no indication that Robin left GnR before he or GNR tells otherwise...

Robin is great guy, and if he wanted to leave Guns N Roses, he would have told them...(so the good news, is that he havent) Yeah, NIN is a big band. But its
still Trent Reznors project. Remember Robin have been and done alot with GnR!

(the other good news from this pressrelease, is that things are going well with the release plans! People should be aware of this instead)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1671 on: April 21, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »

I look at this as nothing more then the band having to clear up what a member is doing in the down time.  GNR is not going to speak for Robin.  It could have been a letter like Axls letter about Bucket leaving, and a show being cancelled. Instead it was Robin is doing whatever he wants, and our main focus as a band is trying to get CD out. 

so theres nothing to complain about.

You would be good as a football referee, beit American or British

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1672 on: April 21, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »

By the Moment, The Most Important Is:

"We're in negotiations for the release of "Chinese Democracy" and things are going well."

Ok ?

HB K*

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #1673 on: April 21, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »

it's really cool how a lot of the fans on this board support the current members and check out their other projects, etc., but really guys GNR has pretty much always had a 'revolving door' policy and from my perspective it's not surprising to hear that Robin has left again.  i'm sure that it's just a temporary touring thing like last time.  if not, whatever, take it for what it is.

i just hope that axl or management doesn't give anyone shit for pursuing other projects (based on the amount of outside projects pursued by various members, this does not seem to be an issue).

anyhow, i've been a fan of Robin since seeing him on the '93 and '94 NIN tours and to me he has always been the NIN tour guitarist more than a foundational member of GNR

also, i think it's really funny how so many will 'jump on the wagon' and support these various guys JUST BECAUSE they get hired by GNR as temporary instrumentalists.  how many of you are still following GIlby Clarke's illustrious career?  just something to think about.

ok
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:08:06 PM by nonlinear » Logged

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1674 on: April 21, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

-HYPOTHETICAL ALERT-

If GN'R touring overlapped with NIN, and Robin's slot needed to be filled.. who would you like to see fill in for Robin?
 My vote of course goes to Izzy Stradlin (that guy that filled in when Gilby broke his hand).

I think the more likely sequence of events would be Robin would tour with GNR and NIN would have to fill his slot.
makane
Legend

« Reply #1675 on: April 21, 2008, 05:10:35 PM »

Seriously, I dont see any reason why they released that "press release" with such level of knowledge of the situation. Really, how hard is it to call him and ask whats going on?

Imagine this happening during the GN'R tour (not very likely to happen), between gigs Robin joins NIN and GN'R's  confused management nervous releases a statements saying "We don't know whats going on, so well just cancel rest of the tour, thanks for your support."?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1676 on: April 21, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »

Seriously, I dont see any reason why they released that "press release" with such level of knowledge of the situation. Really, how hard is it to call him and ask whats going on?

Imagine this happening during the GN'R tour (not very likely to happen), between gigs Robin joins NIN and GN'R's  confused management nervous releases a statements saying "We don't know whats going on, so well just cancel rest of the tour, thanks for your support."?

I'm assuming they responded because the GNR fanbase on the internet was in a frenzy.  And they were honest with their response.  It's now up to Robin to let the people know what his deal is, if he so chooses.  And let's not put all the blame on the GNR camp here.  You could ask, how hard is it to call Robin to find out what his deal is.  But it works both ways.  How hard is it for Robin to call up Axl or GNR management and tell them what his deal is?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:18:09 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #1677 on: April 21, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »

Robin probably went to do some work or just hangout w/ Trent...
Trent probably asked him to join the tour this summer...
Having no definite plans w/ GNR, Robin agreed.
Trent posts Robin's picture online... people go nuts... this forces Robin's hand to post something on his website saying he's "thrilled" to play w/ NIN.

He was probably simply caught off-guard by the whole thing.

Robin probably didn't have any concrete plans either way
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #1678 on: April 21, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »

I am glad we are finally getting official information from Del and the band  ok  This should be our year. Anymore I dont give a shit who is playing which instrument. As long as Axl is on lead vocals I am ready to hear Chinese!  Everything will fall into place and in 6 months (hopefully) we will all look back and realize how naive we really were.  We should be enjoying this time because this is the quiet before the big storm hits.  peace

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1679 on: April 21, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »

also, i think it's really funny how so many will 'jump on the wagon' and support these various guys JUST BECAUSE they get hired by GNR as temporary instrumentalists.  how many of you are still following GIlby Clarke's illustrious career?  just something to think about.

ok

I am STILL a huge Gilby Clarke fan. In fact, I have long believed that there's a pretty solid mid/late 90's GN'R album contained within the best tracks off Pawnshop Guitars and The Hangover. He writes some pretty catchy music that could have been elevated to greatness with a little of Axl's wail and Slash's bite IMHO. I have always regretted his departure.

Meanwhile, I am STILL a huge Buckethead fan as well. For Christ's sakes I didn't even realize (and probably still wouldn't know to this day) who The Replacements were until Tommy came on board. I thank GN'R for introducing me to these guys and broadening my horizons- no matter how long they stay with the band.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: