Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 745304 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1540 on: April 21, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »

Until you post your sources this is speculation. Until I see this on their web site I won't believe it. Anyone could write this and then when it becomes official say "I told you so".
Didn't know you were an official spokesman for the GNR camp. You told me earlier in another thread today " Nowhere did I say I was doing this for GN'R." So if this site is not monitored or associated with GNR...why the message from GNR on your site. Which is it? So who is the hypocrite now? Shocked

U iS IN cracK!

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1541 on: April 21, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »

Until you post your sources this is speculation. Until I see this on their web site I won't believe it. Anyone could write this and then when it becomes official say "I told you so".
Didn't know you were an official spokesman for the GNR camp. You told me earlier in another thread today " Nowhere did I say I was doing this for GN'R." So if this site is not monitored or associated with GNR...why the message from GNR on your site. Which is it? So who is the hypocrite now? Shocked

Doing this site only for GN'R and posting an update, that people have been waiting for when asked nicely by the GN'R camp, are two different things.

Now, I'll let somebody else explain it to you.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Which isn't surprising since you're too busy hating me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1542 on: April 21, 2008, 12:11:54 AM »

Dude, calm down.  GNR respects the message board for, well, reasons left for another thread.  Jarmo, whether you agree with him or not (and he'll tell you, we've been on opposing sides numerous times) does a lot for the GNR community.  The band probably respects this, sees the uncalled for hysteria amongst the "die-hards" and decided to pass along a bone.

I'd seriously reconsider your allegation of unreliable sources. 

Cheers,

Andrew

There has been heated discussion and allegations from him to me and I'm turning the tables on this statement. It does not look like an officially worded statement by the band. To me it looks like a summary that any one of us could write regarding the band at this time. Until  I see an official update I choose not to see this as the gospel truth regarding Robin....I don't believe they have no idea 2 weeks later what Robin's intentions are.....which ever way it goes.
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1543 on: April 21, 2008, 12:12:30 AM »

Nice. I think its great that they did update us on the situation. Good stuff.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #1544 on: April 21, 2008, 12:12:47 AM »

Jesus christ dude!  I really doubt Jarmo's going to pull something like this out of his ass.  You may not agree with how he handles HIS (yes contrary to popular belief, it is his) board...but he is one of the most reliable sources when it comes to GnR news. 

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1545 on: April 21, 2008, 12:12:55 AM »

If Robin has quit the band without having the decency to let Axl and everyone know, then, I'm sorry, but that is pretty fucked up.  I respect his right to quit if he is fed up, but at least have the decency to be up front about it.

I hope that this isn't the case, though.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1546 on: April 21, 2008, 12:13:25 AM »

There has been heated discussion and allegations from him to me and I'm turning the tables on this statement. It does not look like an officially worded statement by the band. To me it looks like a summary that any one of us could write regarding the band at this time. Until  I see an official update I choose not to see this as the gospel truth regarding Robin....I don't believe they have no idea 2 weeks later what Robin's intentions are.....which ever way it goes.

So can I expect an apology when you're proven wrong?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1547 on: April 21, 2008, 12:14:47 AM »

Dude, calm down.  GNR respects the message board for, well, reasons left for another thread.  Jarmo, whether you agree with him or not (and he'll tell you, we've been on opposing sides numerous times) does a lot for the GNR community.  The band probably respects this, sees the uncalled for hysteria amongst the "die-hards" and decided to pass along a bone.

Cheers,

Andrew

There has been heated discussion and allegations from him to me and I'm turning the tables on this statement. It does not look like an officially worded statement by the band. To me it looks like a summary that any one of us could write regarding the band at this time. Until  I see an official update I choose not to see this as the gospel truth regarding Robin....I don't believe they have no idea 2 weeks later what Robin's intentions are.....which ever way it goes.

The only thing you are accomplishing by "turning the tables" here is making yourself look clueless.  This is as official as it gets.

Ali
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1548 on: April 21, 2008, 12:14:58 AM »

I'm sorry guys but however it goes, your going to be okay, all of you.

Otherwise, things going well.  Makes my day!

Hope to see you soon

and hear you even sooner.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1549 on: April 21, 2008, 12:16:25 AM »

Jarmo, they read the board and addressed the concern!  That was great.  

Thanks to the GNR camp for the update and I am sure it will all sort itself out just fine!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1550 on: April 21, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »

Apology accepting from jmrgnr starts now!

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080420&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

/jarmo

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1551 on: April 21, 2008, 12:20:32 AM »

Cheers,

Andrew

There has been heated discussion and allegations from him to me and I'm turning the tables on this statement. It does not look like an officially worded statement by the band. To me it looks like a summary that any one of us could write regarding the band at this time. Until  I see an official update I choose not to see this as the gospel truth regarding Robin....I don't believe they have no idea 2 weeks later what Robin's intentions are.....which ever way it goes.

Wow! Just wow ...

Thanks for the update Jman. This kind of put the "no comment" in context.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1552 on: April 21, 2008, 12:20:57 AM »

Now, he'll delete his account as well  Embarrassed

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1553 on: April 21, 2008, 12:21:03 AM »

Jarmo...you told me you do not do this site for GNR and then a couple hours later we have a statement from the GNR camp posting the status. I find that a bit two faced. That is my point. I'm sure you have inside info. and this site is monitored by them in some way...just hate the fact you deny that. No apologies as I never said it wasn't true. Just stated that I chose not to believe this as an officially worded statement from GNR. If and when this is on their site that is when I believe. But at least you will be able to say I told you so when it happens.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1554 on: April 21, 2008, 12:21:35 AM »

Once again, Jarmo has the info before it's posted to the official site.  It's not even on the front page yet! Smiley

Thanks to GN'R for addressing the fans' concerns, even though it wasn't what we all hoped to hear.  But, they were honest and that's all you can ask for.

Ali
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #1555 on: April 21, 2008, 12:24:56 AM »

I don't want to sound like a kiss-ass here but when you think about it, Jarmo's got the job nobody wants.  Dealing with all of our bitching and wining, and if you remember its that exactly that years ago is the reason the so-called official forum got closed down.  I applaud him with his efforts and his news to keep us updated and level-headed.  As for everything else, thats just the beast of guns n' roses   peace

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1556 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:55 AM »

Jarmo...you told me you do not do this site for GNR and then a couple hours later we have a statement from the GNR camp posting the status. I find that a bit two faced. That is my point. I'm sure you have inside info. and this site is monitored by them in some way...just hate the fact you deny that.

I do this site for the real fans. Get it?

No apologies as I never said it wasn't true. Just stated that I chose not to believe this as an officially worded statement from GNR. If and when this is on their site that is when I believe. But at least you will be able to say I told you so when it happens.

No, you just claimed I wrote it myself!

Anyone could write this and then when it becomes official say "I told you so".

Here's the link: http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080420&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Now I expect that apology from you for claiming I'd write an update myself and saying that I was asked to post it by the GN'R camp.

In other words, you accused me of lying.

/jarmo

Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1557 on: April 21, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »

You can tell that the person that wrote the statement(might have been Del) wasn't too happy about people telling public forums what they have been told through private emails. Working on gameplans with new management sounds pretty cool to me, shouldn't be too much longer now. Things are starting to happen. At least the official site is getting updated every 1 or 2 weeks now instead of 6 months.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1558 on: April 21, 2008, 12:31:11 AM »

Jarmo...you told me you do not do this site for GNR and then a couple hours later we have a statement from the GNR camp posting the status. I find that a bit two faced. That is my point. I'm sure you have inside info. and this site is monitored by them in some way...just hate the fact you deny that. No apologies as I never said it wasn't true. Just stated that I chose not to believe this as an officially worded statement from GNR. If and when this is on their site that is when I believe. But at least you will be able to say I told you so when it happens.

Keep trying to save face, man Smiley  You're only digging yourself a bigger hole.  It is on their official site and you did make an accusation of fabrication.  Which is obviously false as the word for word statement is on the site.  Man up and apologize and admit you were wrong.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1559 on: April 21, 2008, 12:32:22 AM »

Once again, Jarmo has the info before it's posted to the official site. It's not even on the front page yet! Smiley

It's up there now. Wink

Good to get an update. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: