Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 744267 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1520 on: April 20, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »

Honestly I really dont care about what Mysteron says. All of his posts are an "educated gamble" imo.

Wrong.

You guys have been trying to discredit him for a while now....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1521 on: April 20, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »

Honestly I really dont care about what Mysteron says. All of his posts are an "educated gamble" imo.

Wrong.

/jarmo

you can't really blame him Jarmo.. It's not like we trust what Axl says either  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1522 on: April 20, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

Wrong.

/jarmo

you can't really blame him Jarmo.. It's not like we trust what Axl says either  hihi

You always win!

"I don't believe it unless it comes from Axl".

And then when Axl says something: "he's a liar"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1523 on: April 20, 2008, 02:25:38 PM »

Wrong.

/jarmo

You always win!

"I don't believe it unless it comes from Axl".

And then when Axl says something: "he's a liar"....

/jarmo
I never said he's a liar, I just don't trust what he says. And I don't think he does it on purpose or to be mean to us.
But: He's been saying "soon" for a really long time now.
I wonder if he travels time or something, cause his notion of the word is different than ours.
 I first heard him say  "soon" like 6 or 8 years now.

I would trust the president of the board at universal or ..something...more that I would trust Axl, when it comes to a release date being given.. now that THEY have the album.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1524 on: April 20, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »

I never said he's a liar, I just don't trust what he says. And I don't think he does it on purpose or to be mean to us.

Sorry, didn't mean you personally. Just certain people.....

You know, the ones who want information but wish Tommy, Baz, Richard etc would be quiet....

The ones who want updates but when they get one it's not good enough. Because they're not being honest. They just want the release date.....

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1525 on: April 20, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »

You know, the ones who want information but wish Tommy, Baz, Richard etc would be quiet....

The ones who want updates but when they get one it's not good enough. Because they're not being honest. They just want the release date.....

/jarmo

For me personally, I feel like I've been forced into only caring about the release date.

I'm perfectly happy with GNR playing shows album or not. But now that they're said they aren't playing anymore shows until the album comes out, that's my focus.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1526 on: April 20, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »

/jarmo

For me personally, I feel like I've been forced into only caring about the release date.

I'm perfectly happy with GNR playing shows album or not. But now that they're said they aren't playing anymore shows until the album comes out, that's my focus.

The way I see it, that should be the main focus, if not the only focus.  Lets face it, Albums are the life line of a band.  If you don't create a product, what is the point of the band.  They have created a product.  I like the tours too.  Now that album is done, you are correct to have that as your focus.  And its the focus of Axl's and hopefully the record company too.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1527 on: April 20, 2008, 11:21:21 PM »

I was asked to post the following by the GN'R camp:

Guns N' Robin:

Robin's plans took everyone in Guns a bit off guard as well as our fans.

Really, Del James' private email that someone took it upon themselves to post publicly is really the best way for us to address things at this time. "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing."

Neither we or management etc. know anymore in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time.

Robin's Robin. We're in negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy and things are going well.

When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.

Our thanks to those who continue to show their support.

Guns N' Roses

axl4ever
Opening Act

« Reply #1528 on: April 20, 2008, 11:37:21 PM »

At least they're stating that negotiations are going well.  That's good news. 
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1529 on: April 20, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »

I was asked to post the following by the GN'R camp:

Guns N' Robin:

Robin's plans took everyone in Guns a bit off guard as well as our fans.

Really, Del James' private email that someone took it upon themselves to post publicly is really the best way for us to address things at this time. "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing."

Neither we or management etc. know anymore in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time.

Robin's Robin. We're in negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy and things are going well.

When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.

Our thanks to those who continue to show their support.

Guns N' Roses

I think this is pretty bad news... and what does it say about Robin's view on the band (his beliefs on its release/quality, his loyalty to the band, etc.? Despite these thoughts, which I can't help but to think, I hope he does come back when the band starts to tour. I wasn't much of a fan of his until I saw them at Hammerstein at their first show back - he was great. From what we know, which admittedly isn't everything (or probably much at all), he has played a big part in the band's new sound. And I love that sound.

But seriously, hearing he did something like this makes him sound as flaky as Buckethead... I mean, we've heard he's eccentric or whatnot, but I really am surprised by the recent turn of events. As everyone is apparently.

I must say I love the statement though, especially this:

beer Here's to hoping for a 2008 Chinese Democracy release date  beer
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #1530 on: April 20, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »

i'm happy they responded - now we've  been informed on pretty much everything we've been worryin' about...
management - check
robin - check
CD's process - check

- i find it hard to see how anyone can nitpick on that we're not informed or how gn'r is like the wizard being behind the curtain pullin' the strings while stranding their fans with the bands' happenings.
 Especially now when we've now heard straight from the horse's mouth on what is going on within the group; and I see this as a really positive thing.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1531 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:30 PM »

I don't understand why everybody's freaking out over Robin touring with NIN.  Most of the other GNR band members have taken on other "jobs" until Chinese Democracy gets finalized.  Bumblefoot is working on an album, Dizzy Reed is touring with his band(s),  Frank and Richard were playing gigs with other people.  

It could  take who knows how long before Chinese.... gets the "OK" to come out.  So what's everybody gonna do until then?  Just sit on their ass at home??  It seems to me the band won't tour now UNTIL the album comes out FIRST.  If by chance the album comes out later this year... I suspect a tour will be planned for probably next year now.  If the album comes out early next year (Heaven forbid, lol) a tour won't happen until.... next year.  
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1532 on: April 20, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »

right on, thx for update ^^
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1533 on: April 21, 2008, 12:01:22 AM »

Guys and gals,

You can't read too much into Robin's departure - it's not indicative of the album or its potential "greatness."  Many bands have members come and go in the face of great music (The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, etc).  Being in a dedicated band myself, there are times when it doesn't matter how much you believe in a project, eventually you'll have enough and just want out.  Perhaps Robin was just out of patience waiting around for this album to make store shelves.  He has been involved for the better part of 10/11 years without seeing any of his efforts being officially released.  Maybe he just wants to play; you can't fault him with that.

In any event, it's great to hear from the band.  It must be difficult trying to get everything finalized and then find out one of the intricate members is gone to tour with another band.  Good to hear negotiations are going well; having many contacts in bands who have been signed, I know that this process can take a very long time.  My hope is that Robin leaving didn't give the label any more leverage.

Thanks Jarmo for passing along the news.  Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
ben9785
« Reply #1534 on: April 21, 2008, 12:02:42 AM »

Jarmo, thanks for posting the update. And GNR of course.

I suppose people are just concerned as to whether Robin's coming back or not based on what happened with NIN in the past. If it was any other band, I don't think people would have thought much of it, well not me anyway.

In any case, aside from the Robin situation, glad things are moving along hopefully for the album to come out this year
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1535 on: April 21, 2008, 12:02:52 AM »

Until you post your sources this is speculation. Until I see this on their web site I won't believe it. Anyone could write this and then when it becomes official say "I told you so".
Didn't know you were an official spokesman for the GNR camp. You told me earlier in another thread today " Nowhere did I say I was doing this for GN'R." So if this site is not monitored or associated with GNR...why the message from GNR on your site. Which is it? So who is the hypocrite now? Shocked
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1536 on: April 21, 2008, 12:05:06 AM »

right on, thx for update ^^

IDEM.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1537 on: April 21, 2008, 12:07:10 AM »

Until you post your sources this is speculation. Until I see this on their web site I won't believe it. Anyone could write this and then when it becomes official say "I told you so".
Didn't know you were an official spokesman for the GNR camp. You told me earlier in another thread today " Nowhere did I say I was doing this for GN'R." So if this site is not monitored or associated with GNR...why the message from GNR on your site. Which is it? So who is the hypocrite now? Shocked

Dude, calm down.  GNR respects the message board for, well, reasons left for another thread.  Jarmo, whether you agree with him or not (and he'll tell you, we've been on opposing sides numerous times) does a lot for the GNR community.  The band probably respects this, sees the uncalled for hysteria amongst the "die-hards" and decided to pass along a bone.

I'd seriously reconsider your allegation of unreliable sources. 

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1538 on: April 21, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »

lol what is IDEM.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1539 on: April 21, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »

Jesus Christ, are you serious?  Have you been paying attention to this board at all?

This is official.  Jarmo has posted information from GN'R and management before it's been on the official site before.  This is no different.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: