Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 783082 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1380 on: April 13, 2008, 09:20:53 PM »

I think in those statements Robin does not distinguish between GN'R and NIN fans - that would be the only explanation for him having "conscience". So, he updates HIS fans, regardless of the band he is currently in. Which, of course, is wrong for the GN'R fans at the moment for obvious reasons. It's sad that Robin doesn't (or doesn't want to) see the difference.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1381 on: April 13, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »

Robin is greater than Izzy?

Yeah I had a problem with that when I read it too. I like Robin a lot as a player, but thats all we really know of him at this point. To me theirs millions upon millions of amazing "players" in the history of rock music and spread out around the world and probably a few hundred really great songwriters. Izzy falls under the latter of those two. And I am not saying Robin isn't a great songwriter but until it's proven to just dismiss Izzy like that doesn't make sense to me.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
McDuff
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2008, 11:43:20 PM »

I see there's still no update smoking
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1383 on: April 13, 2008, 11:52:44 PM »

Robin is greater than Izzy?

Yeah I had a problem with that when I read it too. I like Robin a lot as a player, but thats all we really know of him at this point. To me theirs millions upon millions of amazing "players" in the history of rock music and spread out around the world and probably a few hundred really great songwriters. Izzy falls under the latter of those two. And I am not saying Robin isn't a great songwriter but until it's proven to just dismiss Izzy like that doesn't make sense to me.

so its not possible to like Robin better?  whatever.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1384 on: April 14, 2008, 02:51:19 AM »

surely he must love both GNR fans and NIN fans but if you can't see the difference between this letter and a courteous  one, you're emotionally retarded.
Here's a clue for you, sweetie, cause obviously you don't have one.

Robin hasn't said shit yet to GNR fans about him touring with NIN.  Instead he let Trent spit in our faces by letting him announce it.

Where's his conscience now?

Robin said shit about him touring with NIN, courteously. what you want ?

ppbebe: If the 'courteously' comment is in reference to what I said earlier about being disappointed IF Robin didn't think to appraise Axl of his plans before they were announced to the public by Reznor, then his previous letters that you posted don't make any difference.

Agreed, it was nice of him to write these letters, but reading them actually makes me more suspicious about this current situation because of his continuing silence.  All he has posted on his site is information that had already been made public by his new employer.

Although we still don't know what, if any, effect this will have on Guns plans, I agree with GypsySoul that it would appear that Robin's conscience does not encompass his GNR fans at this time - and that makes me sad.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1385 on: April 14, 2008, 02:57:23 AM »

Seeing that Robin is a huge part of this band, and there seems to be a few people here who dislike his playing, why the fuck are you wasting your time waiting for this album?  Huh

Aaron North (NIN guitarist) is now touring with his new band Jubilee. Seeing that he played on The Fragile? and Robin took his spot on that tour, this is probably the same sort of thing here. I just wish "they" would clarify it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #1386 on: April 14, 2008, 03:23:50 AM »

Seeing that Robin is a huge part of this band, and there seems to be a few people here who dislike his playing, why the fuck are you wasting your time waiting for this album?  Huh

I would guess those people are still fans of Axl's vocal skills whatever backing band he plays with.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1387 on: April 14, 2008, 04:17:58 AM »

Aren't those letters from 07 due to the Coke Fest, and the first set of japan shows that were posponed till 07.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1388 on: April 14, 2008, 04:21:17 AM »

I would guess those people are still fans of Axl's vocal skills whatever backing band he plays with.

funny that he keeps playing with the same band since 1985 hihi

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1389 on: April 14, 2008, 04:54:23 AM »

Could have fooled me.

I guess that makes them Axl fans and not GNR fans?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1390 on: April 14, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »

Could have fooled me.

true that.  i dont know how you can say you are a fan of a band when you only respect and like one member.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1391 on: April 14, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »

Could have fooled me.

true that.  i dont know how you can say you are a fan of a band when you only respect and like one member.

but without that main member would their be a band called gnr?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1392 on: April 14, 2008, 06:40:30 AM »

With all respect, I really don't know what your point is with that comment. No, it wouldn't be GNR without Axl, but that doesn't change the fact that if someone likes Axl but doesn't like the band, how can you then say you're a fan of the band?... Or specifically a crucial member of that band. There's more to GNR than just Axl. From what I understand after all these years, is that Robin's playing is the foundation of the new material/direction.

If you don't like Robin or his playing I don't see how you can like the new songs. And if you don't like the new songs, how can you be a fan of the band?

hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1393 on: April 14, 2008, 07:13:18 AM »

If you don't like Robin or his playing I don't see how you can like the new songs. And if you don't like the new songs, how can you be a fan of the band?
Some fans of Metallica don't like their latest albums, but they are still fans of Metallica because they enjoy the classic songs they wrote a long time ago.  Wink

GNR forever !!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1394 on: April 14, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »

With all respect, I really don't know what your point is with that comment. No, it wouldn't be GNR without Axl, but that doesn't change the fact that if someone likes Axl but doesn't like the band, how can you then say you're a fan of the band?... Or specifically a crucial member of that band. There's more to GNR than just Axl. From what I understand after all these years, is that Robin's playing is the foundation of the new material/direction.

ahh
but then I like buckethead,
cause of his contributions to chinese democray , what we have heard so far,
 but he isnt in the band anymore, and yet he will still be on the record

it doesnt matter , whether or not I like Robin in the band,

If he is in or out of the band , at this pont in time, it doesnt matter, cause His work will still be on the album just like buckets,
which means all the past gnr members will have their precense felt, no matter what the incarnation of the band is today

I hated bucket, but his contributions are great, and hes gone
I think finck isnt the most talented guitarist in the world, but he wrote songs that will be on chinese democracy

so at the end of the day, it doesnt matter if finck isnt in the band, yes well miss out on seeing him play live again with gnr
but he will still have his precense felt on gnr as when he was apart of gnr at the time of recording, so in the end it doesnt matter

the end justifys the means...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1395 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:03 AM »

To me personally, Axl makes the songs sound better and reason enough to listen, so to me in the end, it does not matter who is playing guitar... Slash, Bucket, Finck, Britney  peace

I mean, I have preferences for certain guitarists (Bucket and Fortus), and they are very cool to listen to, but they are not the main reason I listen to the songs.

This signature is very funny.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #1396 on: April 14, 2008, 08:19:36 AM »

Just to get back on topic here...

Now, I am sure that this is just an innocent touring stint with NIN for Robin, getting together with and helping out an old friend. And who knows, maybe they (the GN'R camp) are simply not aware of all the fan hysteria surrounding this issue at the moment and that's why there's no word on what's going on (although that is highly unlikely to be the case) .

Another thing I was thinking about was, if there's an issue with Robin's current position in GN'R, maybe they haven't made any announcements because they themselves do not know whether Robin will continue in GN'R or not. Maybe his contract was up and they are renegotiating?

My guess is that GN'R is still intact and that Robin probably knows that CD won't come out until well after his commitment to NIN has been fulfilled and therefore can do whatever he pleases with his time/talent.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1397 on: April 14, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »

Aaron North (NIN guitarist) is now touring with his new band Jubilee. Seeing that he played on The Fragile? and Robin took his spot on that tour, this is probably the same sort of thing here. I just wish "they" would clarify it.

Aaron never played on The Fragile. He played on With Teeth and Year Zero maybe but definitely not The Fragile.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1398 on: April 14, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

Around the time Slash left (actually about a year before when the rumblings started) I could not imagine anyone else ever playing lead guitar for Guns N' Roses.

The day the announcement was official, I was honestly in shock for most of the day. I was unbelievably pissed at Axl. I figured it was all his fault and I couldn't believe he was promising to carry on with the name.

I was so pissed in fact that I ceased paying any attention to GNR. I didn't listen to OMG when it was released, I didn't care about HoB, I didn't watch RIR3, nothing. I just assumed Guns N' Roses was over because Axl was the only original member left.

I saw the VMAs only because it was such a genuine surprise. I was already watching and had no idea they were gonna play until they did. As we've beaten to death many times, that wasn't a great performance, but there was something about it that drew me in.

So I decided "what the hell?" and went to see them when they came to Detroit two months later. I liked everything about the band except BH. My friend and I who went in very skeptical came out believers. 2006 did nothing other then confirm my status as a fan of the new lineup and particularly Robin.

Since that time, I've grown to feel the same way about him that I once felt about Slash. At this point I really can't see anyone else playing lead guitar in Guns N' Roses. BUT as I said, I felt that way one time about Slash and I honestly changed my mind. Maybe that will happen again? I don't know. That's why I consider myself a "Guns N' Roses fan" and not an "Axl fan".

Where we stand now, I am just curious as to if he's actually gone or not (like most of us are). As I said, I hope very much that he isn't and I can't see anyone else taking his place. However if he IS gone, then I'll deal with his replacement as it happens. GNR has had replacement members that I liked alot and they've had some I do not at all. We'll see what happens in this case.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1399 on: April 14, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »

i think everyone is jumping to conclusions, because the most certain thing to happen is NIN finishing their World Tour God Knows when, and Gn'r still giving out those random it's almost finished or it's in the label's hands crap.

i don't think axl wants to release this cd, and if he does, i think whatever is stopping him from doing so in a normal time frame or in a normal fashion will continue to hold him back, because there's no sign in real changes in that department, just hopeful thinking from fans who continue to believe the cd is right around the corner...

in 2001 they printed out t-shirts saying Chinese Democracy Starts Now, the fact that people here seem so convinced that they're now in a final stage of the process 7 years later is pretty ridiculous to me.

anyway, still i don't know what is goin on, but, after all we've seen over the last decade, it's more than fair for Robin to do what the hell he wants to do in his free time.

This cd has taken more time to come out than most bands have as a carrear, so i don't think he's holding out on anything, and if plans do change, he'll obviously consider what is more exciting for him to be doing.

all i can say is that Robin has been way to patient over the past 11 years.

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: