Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 778136 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1280 on: April 11, 2008, 04:28:05 PM »

I was asking whether your point was that no way robin would leave at this point.
My point is that I think he is a goner

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Olorin
« Reply #1281 on: April 11, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »

Hasn't a lot of the "talk" in recent years been about Chinese Democracy being released in time for the Christmas holiday period when album sales are generally higher than at other times of the year?
If the rumours about GN'R and label executives being at loggerheads over the marketing of the album, striving to find a way the recoup as much of the investment that has been put into the album, mabye an end of year release is financially the best option available. There is so much money tied up in the album that mabye this extra delay has had to have been made to ensure the greatest possible return.

That leaves Robin twiddling his thumbs while most of the other guys are finding stimulation with their own projects, if he knows he has most of the year free why not go on tour with Trent Reznor? He has improved dramatically as a live performer since teaming up with Axl and he is not going to fade into the backround while on stage with NIN. He has to large a stage presence now, he will be a focal point of the NIN live show and surely that would be good news for spreading the word about the upcoming GN'R release.

There has been a lot of rumours over the years about an GN'R EP before the actual album release, I think its possible that there could be official music released at the end of the summer,  to wet the appetite before the winter release of the album. If thats the case then Robin would be free to go hang out with his old freind and rock the fuck out with NIN for a while.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1282 on: April 11, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

If thats the case then Robin would be free to go hang out with his old freind and rock the fuck out with NIN for a while.
knowing the dynamics of the Axl/Robin/Trent relationship.Ask yourself this:

Would Trent allow/ask Robin back in the band if Robin viewed NIN as a side project?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1283 on: April 11, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »

but Robin was one of the reasons Bucket quit.

source?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1284 on: April 11, 2008, 04:51:20 PM »

look as far as im concerned Robin is still in Guns N' Roses that's all that needs to be said.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Olorin
« Reply #1285 on: April 11, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »

If thats the case then Robin would be free to go hang out with his old freind and rock the fuck out with NIN for a while.

Would Trent allow/ask Robin back in the band if Robin viewed NIN as a side project?

I'm just assuming that since Trent is Nine Inch Nails that he would be happy to have made up with his freind and welcome him back as part of his live show.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1286 on: April 11, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »

I'm just assuming that since Trent is Nine Inch Nails that he would be happy to have made up with his freind and welcome him back as part of his live show.

I undertsand. And that would be the best outcome but going on how angry Trent was with Axl and Robin last time this happened I highly doubt he just wants to give his friend some side work.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1287 on: April 11, 2008, 04:58:54 PM »

Wow, looks like a good tour!  Notice the italics the word Thrilled is in... Interesting.   I might go just to see Robin!   ok
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1288 on: April 11, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »

source?

ugh... i should back out now. I thought that was out there, but I haven't found any verification. I don't want to be one of those guys that claim to know something. A long time ago (2000-2001) I was working on something that he had a very small part in... nothing like a band or anything, and for a while it was very difficult for our guys to reach him. Eventually he explained a little.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #1289 on: April 11, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »

source?

ugh... i should back out now. I thought that was out there, but I haven't found any verification. I don't want to be one of those guys that claim to know something. A long time ago (2000-2001) I was working on something that he had a very small part in... nothing like a band or anything, and for a while it was very difficult for our guys to reach him. Eventually he explained a little.

if you wanna sound anywhere close to reliable you have to say more
Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #1290 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

No thanks; sorry to do that, but I'd rather sound unreliable and have plausible deniability. I'm comfortable with what I said, but would be uncomfortable saying much more. Perhaps someone else can back it up--I really think it was mentioned before, but it was a while ago and I can't find anything via google right now.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1291 on: April 11, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »

source?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:38:56 PM by Atillla » Logged

This signature is very funny.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #1292 on: April 11, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »

dammit. that's funny. and at my expense. dammit dammit!
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #1293 on: April 11, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »

No way man Robin loved Bucket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bclHAIN6z6w

Wouldn't you?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1294 on: April 11, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »

yep!

I was asking whether your point was that no way robin would leave at this point.
My point is that I think he is a goner

why you think so? when the headquarters is concentrating on the release.

yes depending on conditions.
I understand 66 pages are too much to read through but the hypothesis was already proven weak.

hihi

a reminder

Wrt Finck, there has been no official announcement that he has left GN'R, so why the negativity?. Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time. Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

and if robin didn't see it either, would he see the reason to tell del?

What if the only way Robin said he'd be able to join NIN was if he was free to leave once Axl gave him a call to say the release of the album is in motion?

Trent would never have agreed to such a proposal.

Not if it was put in those words, I agree.  But we don't know what discussions went on between TR and Robin, and how truthful both sides were with each other, and the details of the contract they agreed upon.  So, all I'm saying is that I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that Robin would only end up playing part of the tour.

yep and that'd depend on the bargaining points, I guess. ie 'instead you forget about gnr till axl calls me' Tongue
and  'with whom' .
Trent's comments on robin not touring with NIN rather sounded desperate.
weirder yet, it was rumoured that he asked richard to tour with NIN.  Huh

the thread goes round and round in circles. hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1295 on: April 11, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »

why you think so? when the headquarters is concentrating on the release.
thats the million dollar question

the hypothesis was already proven weak.
which "hypothesis"?

Because playing in Uncle Jims bar band and NIN are two completely different things.

The reason he didnt tell Dell or the gnr camp makes me believe even more that hes a goner. Think about it.

And again. Do you honestly think Trent would take Robin back if he was going to lose him to Axl when Axl rings the bell again?

I personally think Robin left. Why? I have no clue. It doesnt make sense. Hopefully Robin will make a statement.

Only 2 possible reasons exists in my mind.
1) CD is not coming out this year, despite what we have been hearing, and hes fed up
2) Maybe hes just tired of GNR. In a good and bad way. Hes done all that he could for Axl in regards to building up the band again. Hes made 3-4 albums with Axl and has toured the world with Axl.
But maybe its not as important as it might have once been for him to be the "new" gnr lead guitarist, despite the album coming out this year. So he has decided to go back with his old band.
Maybe his original plan was to always go back with NIN down the road. And down the road has finally arrived. Maybe he thought all the albums would have been released over the past 10 yrs.

Out of the 2, imo Im sticking with #2 right now. I think the album will be out in fall/winter 08.

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #1296 on: April 11, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »

Man this record would be a sweet spring release but its looking more "fall, late fall".  It'd be perfect for the summertime.......... beer

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1297 on: April 11, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »

the hypothesis was already proven weak.
which "hypothesis"?

this.

And again. Do you honestly think Trent would take Robin back if he was going to lose him to Axl when Axl rings the bell again?

yep I honestly think he would depending on conditions. a deal implies giveandtake.

The reason he didnt tell Dell or the gnr camp makes me believe even more that hes a goner.

no one has confirmed robin didn't tell anyone in the gnr camp yet.

Because playing in Uncle Jims bar band and NIN are two completely different things.

to belittle people that play in Uncle Jims bar band?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1298 on: April 11, 2008, 07:08:51 PM »

Lets swing this thread in a slightly different direction

If Robin in fact did leave, Do u think Axl would continue with just two guitar players or would he try to find someone else.

My worst nightmare would be that Axl would hire Dave Navarro.......... that would be horrible rant

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #1299 on: April 11, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »

Lets swing this thread in a slightly different direction

If Robin in fact did leave, Do u think Axl would continue with just two guitar players or would he try to find someone else.

My worst nightmare would be that Axl would hire Dave Navarro.......... that would be horrible rant

worst nightmare in this scenario would be if finck wouldn't come back IMO..

dreamguitarists would have been either zakk or buckethead, but don't really wanna talk about it Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: