Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 778146 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1260 on: April 11, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »

And how does "Only Robin knows what he is doing" equate to "I don't know if Robin has left the band"?

His closed loop response is saying Robin is the only person that can answer that question.  Del isn't GN'R's PR person or Robin's PR person.

Ali
The problem is that neither GNR's PR person nor Robin's PR person have said anything in one week. Don't you think this thread would already have been locked if everything was OK ?

I think this thread would have been locked if there was a definitive answer one way or the other.

Ali
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1261 on: April 11, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »

I don't understand this. Tell me if I'm over simplifying here...

1). Last we know Robin Finck is in Guns N' Roses, and has been for many years recording and playing live.
2). Beta and others say the album is finished, and we also know that there are no plans to tour this summer.
3). Robin has nothing to do and agrees to join NIN (a band who regularly employ musicians on a temporary basis) on tour, tells fans - "I am thrilled to announce that I will be playing with NIN"

I can't understand what all the fuss is about.

@#$%Funker

P.S. If you want to start reading into things ridiculously, you can start by analysing the sentence "I will be playing with NIN" - Not "I am joining", not "I am re-joining", not "I am back in",... and so on - but that would be plain  ridiculous wouldn't it......  Roll Eyes

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1262 on: April 11, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »

1). Last we know Robin Finck is in Guns N' Roses, and has been for many years recording and playing live.
2). Beta and others say the album is finished, and we also know that there are no plans to tour this summer.
3). Robin has nothing to do and agrees to join NIN (a band who regularly employ musicians on a temporary basis) on tour, tells fans - "I am thrilled to announce that I will be playing with NIN"

@#$%Funker

P.S. If you want to start reading into things ridiculously, you can start by analysing the sentence "I will be playing with NIN" - Not "I am joining", not "I am re-joining", not "I am back in",... and so on - but that would be plain  ridiculous wouldn't it......  Roll Eyes

Agreed, if so simple, why not just say that though.  That is what is driving everyone nuts. 
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1263 on: April 11, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »

P.S. If you want to start reading into things ridiculously, you can start by analysing the sentence "I will be playing with NIN"

Playing doesn't mean joining but yeah,  you can expect some analysis of that sentence. Some are already wondering why  Robin used italics to emphasize the word ' thrilled'.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:19:48 PM by Lori » Logged

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1264 on: April 11, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »

@#$%Funker

Agreed, if so simple, why not just say that though.  That is what is driving everyone nuts. 

I know.... It's annoying.

Actually - I was trying to think whether GNR have ever come out to deny rumours about any individual band-member in the past? It seems that they only comment on rumours affecting the whole band/album business wise. Am I right? I'm not sure.

@#$%Funker
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1265 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:18 PM »

Here's the funny side:

News: Robin to play with NIN (again) -
Many assume Robin has quite GN'R

News: Dizzy to play with Hookers n'Blow
Eveyone assumes Dizzy is still with GN'R

News: Frank to play with (forgets name of band)
Eveyone assumes Frank is still with GN'R

Exactly what I tried to point out in my first  (or was it the second?) post  in this thread. Rather unfair.

Pretty funny indeed.  Grin

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1266 on: April 11, 2008, 01:47:20 PM »

hihi

a reminder

Wrt Finck, there has been no official announcement that he has left GN'R, so why the negativity?. Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time. Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

and if robin didn't see it either, would he see the reason to tell del?

What if the only way Robin said he'd be able to join NIN was if he was free to leave once Axl gave him a call to say the release of the album is in motion?

Trent would never have agreed to such a proposal.

Not if it was put in those words, I agree.  But we don't know what discussions went on between TR and Robin, and how truthful both sides were with each other, and the details of the contract they agreed upon.  So, all I'm saying is that I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that Robin would only end up playing part of the tour.

yep and that'd depend on the bargaining points, I guess. ie 'instead you forget about gnr till axl calls me' Tongue
and  'with whom' .
Trent's comments on robin not touring with NIN rather sounded desperate.
weirder yet, it was rumoured that he asked richard to tour with NIN.  Huh
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1267 on: April 11, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »

That's just flashed something up for me ppbebe, an important detail in my mind....

If Robin has nothing to do at the moment for GNR, why would he have any need to tell them what he's up to?

If he knows he is free all summer, he'll go off and do whatever the fuck he wants. Thats why GN'R know nothing about it, and that's why they would have no reason to comment.

That's also why Del is basically saying why the fuck should I know - I'm not his babysitter, only Robin knows what the hell he's up to in his free time and why.

Surely this is pure common sense.

@#$%Funker
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1268 on: April 11, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »

That's just flashed something up for me ppbebe, an important detail in my mind....

If Robin has nothing to do at the moment for GNR, why would he have any need to tell them what he's up to?

I agree that if he has every intention of being available to meet any GNR commitments that arise, then there isn't a need for him to tell Axl.

However, Robin must have known the publicity that would arise from the announcement of a NIN tour and his participation in it, (whatever that may eventually prove to be), and that it was highly likely that his continuing involvement in GNR would be called into question as a result of it.  So, although some may consider this old-fashioned, I believe that although there wasn't a need to tell Axl, it would have been courteous of him to give advance warning of his plans in order that Axl could prepare a press statement, if he chose to do so.

Actually at this time I feel pretty disappointed in Robin because, unless he has been contractually prevented from making any kind of announcement, I feel that he has acted in a rather underhand manner towards the very many GNR fans who welcomed him into the band and were extremely appreciative of his creative involvement in CD and on the tours.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1269 on: April 11, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

@cyllan, mysteron said 'Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything' to be precise.

@muterfunker yep 65 pages are way too long. I can't peruse half of them either. Grin

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1270 on: April 11, 2008, 03:02:48 PM »

I am disappointed because I was hoping for a Summer single and release.

Now we know cause of this, We won't get any thing at the earliest till Nov

Feels like fucking groundhog's day

For the last 5 years it seems, we have been goin around and around.

So frustration sets in especially since we know the label has the completed CD, Axl hired a new manager etc.

Anyone who thinks GNR will release CD without touring right away are out of their minds.

I just think Robin playing with NIN will cause confusion.

They will see him with GNR and be like "I thought he played with NIN?"

U are replacing one of the most ICONIC Legendary guitarist in music history. Going back and forth and further confusing fans does not help you in your quest to win over old school fans. Its like u are pissing on GNR's legacy and not deeming them worthy enough to be happy being in that honored position.

Going back to NIN to me is a slap in the face to Axl and to GNR fans.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1271 on: April 11, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »

So frustration sets in especially since we know the label has the completed CD, Axl hired a new manager etc.

Anyone who thinks GNR will release CD without touring right away are out of their minds.

U are replacing one of the most ICONIC Legendary guitarist in music history. Going back and forth and further confusing fans does not help you in your quest to win over old school fans. Its like u are pissing on GNR's legacy and not deeming them worthy enough to be happy being in that honored position.

you pretty much hit in right on the head.

That is why his decision is mind boggling. Hopefully he steps up to the plate and says something

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1272 on: April 11, 2008, 03:26:06 PM »

@cyllan, mysteron said 'Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything' to be precise.

Yeah, you're absolutely right and that doesn't really tell us whether Axl knew in advance, or whether he's even fully aware of Robin's intentions now.  Until, and if, we get a definitive answer, I think I'll stick with the assumption that it was a surprise to almost all concerned...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1273 on: April 11, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »

do you remember robins letter starting with 'dear gnr fans'?

Again, a release doesn't mean an immediate tour. like a tour doesn't mean an immediate release.
It's not like all the band members should be in a room for the moment of the worldwide release.

be disappointed all you want
whatever happens, even if robin decided to make way for someone,
the torch bearers are running and with all the obstructions and naysayers they will bring the sacred fire.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1274 on: April 11, 2008, 03:49:16 PM »

you pretty much hit in right on the head.

That is why his decision is mind boggling. Hopefully he steps up to the plate and says something

If Robin has quit GN'R (which I think he may have done, given the post on NIN.com)
I can only think the reason was, he left for same reason(s) Buckethead quit.
The speed of progress within GN'R has to be said is slow. Call it Axl being an artist, call it what you want, but for an album to take this long must have gotten the band down.

yea but wouldnt you think hed stay with the band if the album is going to be out this year?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1275 on: April 11, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »

therefore he stays. wtf is your point Huh
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1276 on: April 11, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »

the torch bearers are running and with all the obstructions and naysayers they will bring the sacred fire.

Hopefully without needing to resort to hopping on a bus...   Wink

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1277 on: April 11, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »

therefore he stays. wtf is your point
he said that maybe FInck left because of the inactivity. Under normal circumstances that is a logical assumption. But if CD is in fact in the labels hands and will very likely be released sometime in 2008, why would he leave? He waited this long whats another few months?

so now I will ask you, wtf is your point? Huh

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1278 on: April 11, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »

I can only think the reason was, he left for same reason(s) Buckethead quit.

but Robin was one of the reasons Bucket quit.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1279 on: April 11, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »

therefore he stays. wtf is your point
he said that maybe FInck left because of the inactivity. Under normal circumstances that is a logical assumption. But if CD is in fact in the labels hands and will very likely be released sometime in 2008, why would he leave? He waited this long whats another few months?

so now I will ask you, wtf is your point? Huh

I was asking whether your point was that no way robin would leave at this point.

Hopefully without needing to resort to hopping on a bus...   Wink
yep but there're quite a few activists that try to attack them, you see.
the dalai lama states he supports the Olympics and doesn't support violence.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: