Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 778093 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1240 on: April 11, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »

NIN would pay the bills, he knows that trent could fire him pretty much anytime he wanted and he'd be a hired man, in GNR he knows that axl knows about his talent, is allowed to write and is considered a bandmember that axl probably wouldn't fire..

i't d be sad, but in the end it's robins choice and life and GNR will live as long as axl want it too
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1241 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »

GN'R's album is done and handed over to label, Axl is working on the release of it, and in the meantime people in the band are doing side stuffs.

You are naive and Trent wouldnt let Robin in if Robin considered NIN a "side project". No way.

Why not?

What if the only way Robin said he'd be able to join NIN was if he was free to leave once Axl gave him a call to say the release of the album is in motion?

If Trent really wanted Robin back badly enough, I'm sure he would have agreed.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1242 on: April 11, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »

because if he decided to join NIN for good, he told Axl and the others, don't you think?

apparently not.

Are you basing your statement on what Del said? Reliable source, please.

I'm not implying that Del is a liar, but his reply can be read in different ways.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1243 on: April 11, 2008, 11:16:54 AM »

Del is a reliable source.  Smiley

His reply can be read in many ways?

Didn't he say only Robin knows what he's doing?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:34:53 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1244 on: April 11, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »

I just edited my previous post. Check on it  Wink

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1245 on: April 11, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »

It's very clear what Del said..... only Robin knew why/what/how... no one else  peace

This signature is very funny.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1246 on: April 11, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »

His reply can be read in many way?

/jarmo

Some people commented here and there on Del's reply and concluded that Robin had quit without notice. I don't think that Del was implying that and it's called over interpreting. This is why I said that Del's reply could be read in many ways.  ok And this is why I'm asking for some proof that Robin left without telling anyone from the GNR camp.

That reply  could simply mean that Del doesn't want to comment on a decision which belongs to Robin.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:47:48 AM by Lori » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #1247 on: April 11, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »

I read Del's mail as robin being kinda like izzy, does whatever he wants and stuff
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1248 on: April 11, 2008, 11:38:35 AM »

I read Del's mail as robin being kinda like izzy, does whatever he wants and stuff

In some ways. But he also has a sense of commitment and he sticks to his task when he has one. He wouldn't leave a band unless his contract is over.

Death Cube K
« Reply #1249 on: April 11, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »

What if the only way Robin said he'd be able to join NIN was if he was free to leave once Axl gave him a call to say the release of the album is in motion?

Trent would never have agreed to such a proposal.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1250 on: April 11, 2008, 11:59:33 AM »

/jarmo

Some people commented here and there on Del's reply and concluded that Robin had quit without notice. I don't think that Del was implying that and it's called over interpreting. This is why I said that Del's reply could be read in many ways.  ok And this is why I'm asking for some proof that Robin left without telling anyone from the GNR camp.

That reply  could simply mean that Del doesn't want to comment on a decision which belongs to Robin.

I agree.  I think people are reading into Del's ambiguous reply what they want to read into it.  I think it's more of a "don't ask me that question because Robin's the only one that can answer that" type reply.  It doesn't imply anything other than Del doesn't want to be bothered with that question.  I can't say I blame him.  It's not his place to comment on that.

Ali
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1251 on: April 11, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »

I agree.  I think people are reading into Del's ambiguous reply what they want to read into it.  I think it's more of a "don't ask me that question because Robin's the only one that can answer that" type reply.  It doesn't imply anything other than Del doesn't want to be bothered with that question.  I can't say I blame him.  It's not his place to comment on that.

Ali

That's right.

Robin is not 10 y.o. and Del is not a baby sitter.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1252 on: April 11, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »

Trent would never have agreed to such a proposal.

Not if it was put in those words, I agree.  But we don't know what discussions went on between TR and Robin, and how truthful both sides were with each other, and the details of the contract they agreed upon.  So, all I'm saying is that I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that Robin would only end up playing part of the tour.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1253 on: April 11, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »

Ali
Del was asked if Robin had left. His reply was that he didn't know. Why complicate the matter when it's so easy to understand it ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:10:13 PM by hartman » Logged

GNR forever !!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1254 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:36 PM »

Ali
Del's was asked if Robin had left. His reply was that he didn't know. Why complicate the matter when it's so easy to understand it ?

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Del did not say he didn't know if Robin left, he said only Robin can answer that question.  Any interpretation beyond that is reading into this answer.

Ali
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1255 on: April 11, 2008, 12:15:05 PM »

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Del did not say he didn't know if Robin left, he said only Robin can answer that question.  Any interpretation beyond that is reading into this answer.

Ali
"Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing" that's what Del said.

Let's post the e-mails again:

---------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Apr 6, 2008 9:47 AM

So is Robin gone?
He was great.
Or is he just on loan to NIN until Axl tours.
------------------------------------------------------

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,
Del

GNR forever !!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1256 on: April 11, 2008, 12:17:53 PM »

Ali
"Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing" that's what Del said.

Let's post the e-mails again:

---------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Apr 6, 2008 9:47 AM

So is Robin gone?
He was great.
Or is he just on loan to NIN until Axl tours.
------------------------------------------------------

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,
Del

And how does "Only Robin knows what he is doing" equate to "I don't know if Robin has left the band"?

His closed loop response is saying Robin is the only person that can answer that question.  Del isn't GN'R's PR person or Robin's PR person.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:19:33 PM by Ali » Logged
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #1257 on: April 11, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzEU_MnZdHg&NR=1

that kix so much ass
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1258 on: April 11, 2008, 12:36:10 PM »

And how does "Only Robin knows what he is doing" equate to "I don't know if Robin has left the band"?

His closed loop response is saying Robin is the only person that can answer that question.  Del isn't GN'R's PR person or Robin's PR person.

Ali
The problem is that neither GNR's PR person nor Robin's PR person have said anything in one week. Don't you think this thread would already have been locked if everything was OK ?

GNR forever !!
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1259 on: April 11, 2008, 12:37:24 PM »

/jarmo

That reply  could simply mean that Del doesn't want to comment on a decision which belongs to Robin.

Ali

This is exactly what I had on my mind. Thanx for clarifying my post, Ali  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: