Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 778165 times)
maynard
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »

The fact that Robin has a link to NIN webpage speaks volumes about where his loyalty lies at the moment. For someone that maybe still in GNR and has a new album to be released wouldn't he still have some sort of refrence to that band...even a little bit.

He is done and has no problem advertising it and NIN where he definetly has a strong following amongst the fans of NIN. Even GNR fans have given him mixed reviews and spotty support at best. He will definetly feel better in the NIN atmosphere....hope so cuz that is where he will be for awhile I bet.

Yes.

But why would he choose NIN, when himself and everybody knows that he will only be a ''live guitarist'' and nothing else?

Robin is and will be always be unable to grow as a musician in NIN. He has too much talent and skills both as a performer as a composer to be reduced to ''live'' musician only.

In Guns, Robin has the proper place and space to develope as artist, to be known worldwide, to be ROBIN FINCK and not ''the current Trent Reznor's live guitarist''.. which means basically being a perfect nobody.

And furthermore, Guns N' Roses is in a whole different league than NIN. GN'R is infinitely bigger than NIN. And GN'R is offering him a privileged place. All guitar players in the world dream about being the GNR guitar player. Guns offers Finck a career, the possibility of becoming a rock-god, the chance of being more famous than he could have ever dreamed.

No way. Robin cant be that fool. He's just spending his free time.

I don't think you understand that not all musicians want that. Not everyone wants to be on-stage with Guns and be the "it" guitarist. He has IMO always looked and responded better to the NIN vibe and atmosphere.  Just because NIN doesn't give him a chance at some type of world super stardom doesn't mean he doesn't want that more. You say "nothing else" and make the position seem bad. Robin may very well in fact want to be that type of musician and what you described. It's not a matter of a fool , its a matter of preference. Not every guitarist wants to be a "rock-god".

Are you telling me Robin would prefer being in a band where he will never write a damn thing, than being in an all-aspects superior band that allows him to contribute with his own creations?

I dont know if it's me or what, but when I watch my Download Festival DVD, I dont see Robin ''unconfortable'' playing lead guitar in the edge of the stage in front of 100.000... My impression is he was born to be in that place.

I don't buy the ''Robin fits better to the NIN vibe and atmosphere'' thing. If he quit GNR to join NIN, my guess is he got sick of the album delay or he got sick of Axl or he got sick of boredom... whatever. But I'm 100% sure he knows that, in the same circunstances, NIN would be just ''Plan B'' for him.

Do you really think GNR is superior to NIN in every aspect?

I think Robin really likes to be part of GNR, but not for money or fame, he doesn't even try to look like a rock star, he wears some weird clothes and his solos are not "New Guitar Hero that every boy wants to be" type.

He is in GNR because Axl wants to make a different, complex sound (highly influenced by Trent) and I guess it's the kind of musical project he'd like to contribute. Forget the Rock God bullshit, the 80s are over.

With Trent, he can play some easy and agressive stuff, that he must have fun playing. Maybe this time he will spend some time on studio with Trent (the photos indicate it) recording some things.

Maybe he liked Brain's idea "Call me back when CD is released"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2008, 12:11:44 AM »

Not to sound harsh, but heck with him. 

He updated his site he could of killed this specualation with a few more words.

Axl and GNR will be fine with or without him.

I agree in a sense, but to my knowledge that website is set up for fans of Robin, not fans of GNR or NIN.  Robin now has fans in both camps, so he at least confirms that he will indeed be touring with NIN.  I'm sure he'll get the rest of the story out when the time is right, but really if he's out of GNR that may be the job of the bands management to announce, not Robin himself.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2008, 12:42:57 AM »

I'm lost here...do we know if that mail from Del is true?

From my seat, yes. A long time and reliable poster messaged Del about Robin. The meaning of Del's response is a matter of debate in these forums.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:51 AM »

I would honestly be thrilled if he left.

Guys, I am not a hater, I have said this since day one

I personally hate his guitar style.

I don't think he is a good lead guitar player at all.

the fact he is now back doing this shit only elevates my dislike.

NIN is fucking small time compared to GNR.

Im still blown away how anyone on here can think this is not a big deal and If Axl got pissed cause Slash played with other artists, how the fuck can he support this?

As far as Axl being influenced by Trent........

Sometimes I think Axl needs to look in the mirror and realize who the fuck he is. U ARE AXL Fucking Rose. one of the 3 best frontmen in the entire history of Rock n Roll. Why the fuck would u want to change when its not required?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:02:13 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2008, 01:29:57 AM »

Robin Play Whit LedZAerial In 2003 - 2005..

Back For World Tour Of GUNS N 'ROSES 2006 - 2007.

smoking smoking smoking

HBK *

I think you smoke too much.
That's all.

THankZ gUner.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1225 on: April 11, 2008, 01:55:07 AM »

I'm happy that he'll be playing live again, but sad that there is even a slight chance of him leaving GN'R.

As I said I'll always support Robin no matter what he does.

For me he is one of the great guitar players of our time, I don't care what many people think.

It's just that I can't understand why would he be out of GN'R when CD will be released.

So, I'll remain optimistic and believe that it's just something for now and that he hasn't left GN'R.

I feel the same way.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1226 on: April 11, 2008, 02:35:26 AM »

I think its kind of lame for all parties involved not to clarify what's going on. It's just disheartening.

Maybe we are a sensitive bunch after all these years, and this isn't a big deal to anyone in the the band, but damn, this limbo really sucks.

Even though I would love for Buckethead to come back, like some have suggested, he really coudn't fill Robin's spot. I don't think people realize how important Robin is to this band. Especially in the creative process. No Robin, no Better no

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1227 on: April 11, 2008, 03:23:56 AM »

Im still blown away how anyone on here can think this is not a big deal and If Axl got pissed cause Slash played with other artists, how the fuck can he support this?

Sometimes I think Axl needs to look in the mirror and realize who the fuck he is. U ARE AXL Fucking Rose. one of the 3 best frontmen in the entire history of Rock n Roll. Why the fuck would u want to change when its not required?

i agree. robin is an inferior musician to any other GnR player (past and present). This is not something borne out of him possibly leaving Guns. I have always thought this. i think he is dreadful.

compare his solo psots with any other GnR member. speaks for its self.......

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #1228 on: April 11, 2008, 03:37:00 AM »

i agree. robin is an inferior musician to any other GnR player (past and present). This is not something borne out of him possibly leaving Guns. I have always thought this. i think he is dreadful.

Biggest knucklehead posts ever.  This thread was about Robin's future with GNR, not whether or not you like his playing.  What the hell are "solo psots" anyway?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:38:33 AM by 123191 » Logged

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #1229 on: April 11, 2008, 03:49:48 AM »

I don't need to put it in the rules that I don't want a bunch of negative people complaining about shit day after day.

It's common sense.

You don't go to a fan site to read about how much it sucks to be a fan of that band!

/jarmo

Really? I disagree, surely a fansite you must be able to discuss all aspects of the band you are interested in.  Fans of sports teams always complain - for example in the UK Arsenal fans are moaning now they are out of the Champions League and dropping away in the title race - despite being one of the Preimerships most successful teams.  For me I support Brentford - we are a really crap football team and yes I moan about our abject performances.  However I am also ecstatic when we win.  That is what being a fan is about I guess, you share the high's and lows of what ever team/band you support/follow/are interested in. And I guess for many fervent GnR fans the lows of the waiting and massive speculation combined with very little/no official word will naturally give reasons to complain/grumble.  However I am sure most of those will buy CD and go to see and support GnR when they tour again.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1230 on: April 11, 2008, 04:40:04 AM »

But why would he choose NIN, when himself and everybody knows that he will only be a ''live guitarist'' and nothing else?

Yes, but at this stage, we don't know how desperate Trent was to get him and therefore what carrots were dangled under his nose.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1231 on: April 11, 2008, 05:18:08 AM »

I don't need to put it in the rules that I don't want a bunch of negative people complaining about shit day after day.

It's common sense.

You don't go to a fan site to read about how much it sucks to be a fan of that band!

/jarmo

Really? I disagree, surely a fansite you must be able to discuss all aspects of the band you are interested in.  Fans of sports teams always complain - for example in the UK Arsenal fans are moaning now they are out of the Champions League and dropping away in the title race - despite being one of the Preimerships most successful teams.  For me I support Brentford - we are a really crap football team and yes I moan about our abject performances.  However I am also ecstatic when we win.  That is what being a fan is about I guess, you share the high's and lows of what ever team/band you support/follow/are interested in. And I guess for many fervent GnR fans the lows of the waiting and massive speculation combined with very little/no official word will naturally give reasons to complain/grumble.  However I am sure most of those will buy CD and go to see and support GnR when they tour again.

But there is a difference between giving your opinion and being critical about certain elements (which I do too...) and ranting in a way that you hope this band fails in everything ...which some here do on a regular base... why the hell are they even here?  peace

And comparing music with sports is just wrong on many levels.

This signature is very funny.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1232 on: April 11, 2008, 06:17:03 AM »

There's a difference in being disappointed by something and being constantly disappointed while trying to drag others down with you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1233 on: April 11, 2008, 06:20:45 AM »

The fact that this thread is now 63 pages long is almost scarry.

There's nothing going on, that's why the band / Axl / management / Robin aren't saying shit !

GN'R's album is done and handed over to label, Axl is working on the release of it, and in the meantime people in the band are doing side stuffs.

I really don't see what's wrong in the picture, sort of say.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1234 on: April 11, 2008, 07:26:50 AM »

The fact that Robin has a link to NIN webpage speaks volumes about where his loyalty lies at the moment. For someone that maybe still in GNR and has a new album to be released wouldn't he still have some sort of refrence to that band...even a little bit.

He is done and has no problem advertising it and NIN where he definetly has a strong following amongst the fans of NIN. Even GNR fans have given him mixed reviews and spotty support at best. He will definetly feel better in the NIN atmosphere....hope so cuz that is where he will be for awhile I bet.

He has a link so you can check on the band's website, period. This is meant for all his fans to check on a band with whom he's gonna perform. His most recent fans are fans of GNR and many of them don't know a lot about NIN- it's quite obvious when you read certain messages on boards (I don't mean your post).
His site is down, it hadn't been updated in ages; do you think he would post tons of links when  his purpose is to give some news? He didn't use this link to have you speculate about his 'loyalty'. And if he  actually quit the band, why even  talking about loyalty? I mean, if you decide to quit a band to join another one, it is not a treason, well, not in  my dictionary, because if he decided to join NIN for good, he told Axl and the others, don't you think? See, no treason at all, therefore no questioning about 'loyalty'.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:39:04 AM by Lori » Logged

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1235 on: April 11, 2008, 08:00:17 AM »

because if he decided to join NIN for good, he told Axl and the others, don't you think?

apparently not.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1236 on: April 11, 2008, 08:39:42 AM »

Biggest knucklehead posts ever.  This thread was about Robin's future with GNR, not whether or not you like his playing.  What the hell are "solo psots" anyway?

you can call me Dr. from now on sir....not "knuclehead".

in fact you have further embarrassed yourself by failing to read the post that i quoted, which said that D would not be bothered if Finck left, and i agreed, and i gave reasons for my opinion.

"solo psots" was obviously a typo, although coming from someone with such limited intelligence as yourself, i wouldn't expect you to know that.

Huh <-----this is you
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:41:13 AM by daviebuckethead » Logged

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Death Cube K
« Reply #1237 on: April 11, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »

GN'R's album is done and handed over to label, Axl is working on the release of it, and in the meantime people in the band are doing side stuffs.

You are naive and Trent wouldnt let Robin in if Robin considered NIN a "side project". No way.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:13:10 AM by DCK » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1238 on: April 11, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »

You are naive and Trent wouldnt let Robin in if Robin considered NIN a "side project". No way.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ ---One of the truest thoughts to be shared here since this started.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1239 on: April 11, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »

I'm not.

I just don't like theorizing when I don't know shit about what's going on.

What was quoted from my previous post is what we know so far.

Album is done / handed over / Axl's sorting things out for the release / Robin's going to play with NIN (oh yeah, and also Dr Pepper wants to give America a free soda in case CD see the light of the day in 2008 - Fuck me, I live in Europe and I'm a Pepsi drinker).

Nobody from GN'R has said anything on the subject, I consider it means there's nothing to say.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:35:14 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: