Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 777949 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1200 on: April 10, 2008, 09:20:38 PM »

My guess is:

* GN'R will not tour live again until the album is out.
* The album will not be out until the very end of 2008
* Robin will tour with NIN (spending his ''free'' time) until, lets say, october (the last date posted in his website is Sept. 6, and ''more dates to be added'' could be 10 or 15 more shows)
* October: Robin quits NIN to rejoin GNR. The promotion for Chinese Democracy starts. 2 months of heavy promotion, a single, a music video, and maybe 2 or 3 shows in the US.
* Late December: Chinese Democracy is out. A World Tour starts in Brazil, then the rest of southamerica, and the few other places where GNR hasn't played live yet.

The other option is Robin leaving GNR, the album not coming out this year, and the band in stand-by status for undetermined time. To be honest, I dont believe GNR will be releasing CD this year without Robin in the band. The atmosphere would not be the appropiate.

I want to be positive. I don't know if that Del James e-mail is legit or not. I hope it isn't. I REALLY think Robin will not quit GNR, not in this moment. And I also believe there's no concrete reason to think he'll quit the band.

''I am thrilled to announce that I will be playing with NIN'' > I dont agree with the optimistic thoughts about this. What other options can Robin have in NIN? playing... NIN is Reznor, and nobody else...

But even though I'm very used to this, I ask myself why the hell everything in the ''GNR world'' MUST be surrounded by mistery, silence, doubts...

One update claryfing this. That's all I need.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1201 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »

So what happens if the album drops and GNR goes full tilt with photo sessions and filming for videos? I can't see Robin having time for these kinda things now with a full blown NIN tour.  Huh

Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #1202 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »

estebanf's very optimist, I am not. I think Finck left GNR definitely, I don't know. I have that feeling, above all I have just read of Del James, about Robin Finck's case.
maynard
« Reply #1203 on: April 10, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »

estebanf's very optimist, I am not. I think Finck left GNR definitely, I don't know. I have that feeling, above all I have just read of Del James, about Robin Finck's case.

I don't think Robin left GNR. He will be touring with NIN for a long time (it's a world tour and Trent wouldn't get him back to make half tour ya know) so that means he won't tour with GNR. Is that a problem? No, because the priority, I think, is to release the damn album, Finck is not necessary. If they decide to do some shows this year, Robin will not play, and that sucks for the loyal fans of the new formation of guns n' roses. the casual fans won't give a shit, they won't complain about setlists either, so I guess it's ok to Axl and co.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1204 on: April 10, 2008, 09:50:21 PM »

Quote from: estebanf link=topic=51313.msg1062289#ms
I want to be positive. I don't know if that Del James e-mail is legit or not. I hope it isn't. I [u
REALLY[/u] think Robin will not quit GNR, not in this moment. And I also believe there's no concrete reason to think he'll quit the band.

''I am thrilled to announce that I will be playing with NIN'' > I dont agree with the optimistic thoughts about this. What other options can Robin have in NIN? playing... NIN is Reznor, and nobody else...

But even though I'm very used to this, I ask myself why the hell everything in the ''GNR world'' MUST be surrounded by mistery, silence, doubts...

What does the Del e-mail say

Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #1205 on: April 10, 2008, 09:55:25 PM »

I don't think Robin left GNR. He will be touring with NIN for a long time (it's a world tour and Trent wouldn't get him back to make half tour ya know) so that means he won't tour with GNR. Is that a problem? No, because the priority, I think, is to release the damn album, Finck is not necessary. If they decide to do some shows this year, Robin will not play, and that sucks for the loyal fans of the new formation of guns n' roses. the casual fans won't give a shit, they won't complain about setlists either, so I guess it's ok to Axl and co.

If the priority is the album, it means it has to out this years, so in that case the Finck presence is absolutly necessary, because the band, the whole band have to performing to promote the damn album, for instance, will be performing in MTV, late Shows, interviews, anyway, any kind of gigs...
maynard
« Reply #1206 on: April 10, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »

If the priority is the album, it means it has to out this years, so in that case the Finck presence is absolutly necessary, because the band, the whole band have to performing to promote the damn album, for instance, will be performing in MTV, late Shows, interviews, anyway, any kind of gigs...

What I mean is: Robin's absence can not be used as an excuse for another delay, if the album is done. I really doubt Axl would perform on TV shows, maybe VMAs but that's one night only. I wonder if we will see standard promotion, it's 7 years since they made a live show again and there's no official photo of the band, even merchandise is from old stuff  Huh
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #1207 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »

I'm lost here...do we know if that mail from Del is true?

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1208 on: April 10, 2008, 10:20:12 PM »

My guess is:

* GN'R will not tour live again until the album is out.
* The album will not be out until the very end of 2008
* Robin will tour with NIN (spending his ''free'' time) until, lets say, october (the last date posted in his website is Sept. 6, and ''more dates to be added'' could be 10 or 15 more shows)
* October: Robin quits NIN to rejoin GNR. The promotion for Chinese Democracy starts. 2 months of heavy promotion, a single, a music video, and maybe 2 or 3 shows in the US.
* Late December: Chinese Democracy is out. A World Tour starts in Brazil, then the rest of southamerica, and the few other places where GNR hasn't played live yet.

The other option is Robin leaving GNR, the album not coming out this year, and the band in stand-by status for undetermined time. To be honest, I dont believe GNR will be releasing CD this year without Robin in the band. The atmosphere would not be the appropiate.

I want to be positive. I don't know if that Del James e-mail is legit or not. I hope it isn't. I REALLY think Robin will not quit GNR, not in this moment. And I also believe there's no concrete reason to think he'll quit the band.

I think estebanf hit the nail on the head.  I have nothing to back it up, but that's what my gut tells me.  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1209 on: April 10, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »

- Richard Play Whit X.Japan & On Tour Whit P. Furs + Recording & Love Spit Love, Dates Comming Soon. (TOUR 2008)

- Dizzy Dates NOW: http://www.dizzyreed.com (Tour 2008)

- Bumblefoot Recorded New Disc & Posibility Play Comming Soon Whit His Band (2008)

- Robin On Tour Whit NIN. (2008)

- AXL Quit Of GUNS N' ROSES In 2007 For Recorded Whit Sebastian Bach.

What`s Is The Problem ??

Management Staff + Axl + Universal... Work In Promotion & Strategy Of Marketin For CHINESE DEMOCRACY & Tour.

Calm, Calm... Fans, All This Controlled.

smoking smoking smoking

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1210 on: April 10, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

The fact that Robin has a link to NIN webpage speaks volumes about where his loyalty lies at the moment. For someone that maybe still in GNR and has a new album to be released wouldn't he still have some sort of refrence to that band...even a little bit.

He is done and has no problem advertising it and NIN where he definetly has a strong following amongst the fans of NIN. Even GNR fans have given him mixed reviews and spotty support at best. He will definetly feel better in the NIN atmosphere....hope so cuz that is where he will be for awhile I bet.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1211 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »

All This Strategy Of Marketing For NIN (New Disc & Tour) - GUNS N 'ROSES (New Disc & Tour)

Excelnt 2008.

peace

Simply.

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1212 on: April 10, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »

- Richard Play Whit X.Japan & On Tour Whit P. Furs + Recording & Love Spit Love, Dates Comming Soon. (TOUR 2008)

- Dizzy Dates NOW: http://www.dizzyreed.com (Tour 2008)

- Bumblefoot Recorded New Disc & Posibility Play Comming Soon Whit His Band (2008)

- Robin On Tour Whit NIN. (2008)

- AXL Quit Of GUNS N' ROSES In 2007 For Recorded Whit Sebastian Bach.

What`s Is The Problem ??

Management Staff + Axl + Universal... Work In Promotion & Strategy Of Marketin For CHINESE DEMOCRACY & Tour.

Calm, Calm... Fans, All This Controlled.

smoking smoking smoking

HBK *

You forgot to list Frank's side activities as well.

The problem is Dizzy's website hasn't been updated in 2 years, Axl never quit GN'R, and Robin is gone for at least the rest of the year based on his own web site as of today.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1213 on: April 10, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »

The fact that Robin has a link to NIN webpage speaks volumes about where his loyalty lies at the moment. For someone that maybe still in GNR and has a new album to be released wouldn't he still have some sort of refrence to that band...even a little bit.

He is done and has no problem advertising it and NIN where he definetly has a strong following amongst the fans of NIN. Even GNR fans have given him mixed reviews and spotty support at best. He will definetly feel better in the NIN atmosphere....hope so cuz that is where he will be for awhile I bet.

Yes.

But why would he choose NIN, when himself and everybody knows that he will only be a ''live guitarist'' and nothing else?

Robin is and will be always be unable to grow as a musician in NIN. He has too much talent and skills both as a performer as a composer to be reduced to ''live'' musician only.

In Guns, Robin has the proper place and space to develope as artist, to be known worldwide, to be ROBIN FINCK and not ''the current Trent Reznor's live guitarist''.. which means basically being a perfect nobody.

And furthermore, Guns N' Roses is in a whole different league than NIN. GN'R is infinitely bigger than NIN. And GN'R is offering him a privileged place. All guitar players in the world dream about being the GNR guitar player. Guns offers Finck a career, the possibility of becoming a rock-god, the chance of being more famous than he could have ever dreamed.

No way. Robin cant be that fool. He's just spending his free time.

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1214 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »

Yes.

But why would he choose NIN, when himself and everybody knows that he will only be a ''live guitarist'' and nothing else?

Robin is and will be always be unable to grow as a musician in NIN. He has too much talent and skills both as a performer as a composer to be reduced to ''live'' musician only.

In Guns, Robin has the proper place and space to develope as artist, to be known worldwide, to be ROBIN FINCK and not ''the current Trent Reznor's live guitarist''.. which means basically being a perfect nobody.

And furthermore, Guns N' Roses is in a whole different league than NIN. GN'R is infinitely bigger than NIN. And GN'R is offering him a privileged place. All guitar players in the world dream about being the GNR guitar player. Guns offers Finck a career, the possibility of becoming a rock-god, the chance of being more famous than he could have ever dreamed.

I don't think you understand that not all musicians want that. Not everyone wants to be on-stage with Guns and be the "it" guitarist. He has IMO always looked and responded better to the NIN vibe and atmosphere.  Just because NIN doesn't give him a chance at some type of world super stardom doesn't mean he doesn't want that more. You say "nothing else" and make the position seem bad. Robin may very well in fact want to be that type of musician and what you described. It's not a matter of a fool , its a matter of preference. Not every guitarist wants to be a "rock-god".
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1215 on: April 10, 2008, 11:31:50 PM »

Yes.

I don't think you understand that not all musicians want that. Not everyone wants to be on-stage with Guns and be the "it" guitarist. He has IMO always looked and responded better to the NIN vibe and atmosphere.  Just because NIN doesn't give him a chance at some type of world super stardom doesn't mean he doesn't want that more. You say "nothing else" and make the position seem bad. Robin may very well in fact want to be that type of musician and what you described. It's not a matter of a fool , its a matter of preference. Not every guitarist wants to be a "rock-god".

Are you telling me Robin would prefer being in a band where he will never write a damn thing, than being in an all-aspects superior band that allows him to contribute with his own creations?

I dont know if it's me or what, but when I watch my Download Festival DVD, I dont see Robin ''unconfortable'' playing lead guitar in the edge of the stage in front of 100.000... My impression is he was born to be in that place.

I don't buy the ''Robin fits better to the NIN vibe and atmosphere'' thing. If he quit GNR to join NIN, my guess is he got sick of the album delay or he got sick of Axl or he got sick of boredom... whatever. But I'm 100% sure he knows that, in the same circunstances, NIN would be just ''Plan B'' for him.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1216 on: April 10, 2008, 11:52:21 PM »

Robin Play Whit LedZAerial In 2003 - 2005..

Back For World Tour Of GUNS N 'ROSES 2006 - 2007.

smoking smoking smoking

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1217 on: April 10, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »

How long has his website been back up?  Or at least with the message that he's THRILLED to announce he'll be playing with NIN?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2008, 12:01:27 AM »

Not to sound harsh, but heck with him. 

He updated his site he could of killed this specualation with a few more words.

Axl and GNR will be fine with or without him.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2008, 12:02:32 AM »

Yes.

Are you telling me Robin would prefer being in a band where he will never write a damn thing, than being in an all-aspects superior band that allows him to contribute with his own creations?

I dont know if it's me or what, but when I watch my Download Festival DVD, I dont see Robin ''unconfortable'' playing lead guitar in the edge of the stage in front of 100.000... My impression is he was born to be in that place.

I don't buy the ''Robin fits better to the NIN vibe and atmosphere'' thing. If he quit GNR to join NIN, my guess is he got sick of the album delay or he got sick of Axl or he got sick of boredom... whatever. But I'm 100% sure he knows that, in the same circunstances, NIN would be just ''Plan B'' for him.

You obviously don't know what being a musician is about , some people prefer that. You may think that he was born for it and blah blah but he may not want that. There is lots of musicians that prefer to chill in the back and do low key stuff. You can't call NIN Plan B for him , in fact currently it looks like his Plan A. No offense but wasn't Robin a studio musician in the first place?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: