Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 743937 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #840 on: April 08, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »

I know an awesome guitar player who could easily fit in for awhile.

Mr Izzy Stradlin

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #841 on: April 08, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »

They can tour without Robin, but I'll bet if GnR decides to go on tour, a more likely scenario will be that Aaron North will step back in and replace Robin with NIN.  He already knows all the songs anyway. 

From Trent's point of view, he probably doesn't see Axl doing shit for the next year (history is the best predictor of the future), so he'll tour with Robin.  If Chinese Democracy is dropped and GnR plan a tour, then Robin tours with GnR and Trent calls Aaron.  No big deal. 

Too bad these two bands can't tour together

why they can't?  Good thinking btw.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #842 on: April 08, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »

We all like Robin but in reality it isn't going to ruin our lives even if he did choose to leave GNR.

Right, we (at least most of us anyway) love him and support him. So, we have every right to feel worried about the outcome of all this. But in the grand schema of things, it can't change much of what is about to happen. In the end it will be Robin's choice and responsibility. We as fans may judge him on it, but that won't change anything.....Neither for him or for GN'R.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #843 on: April 08, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »

I know an awesome guitar player who could easily fit in for awhile.

Mr Izzy Stradlin

Fuck yeah. I like Robin, but that would be amazing.

Let's face it, it won't happen though.

And there goes the challenger...
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #844 on: April 08, 2008, 04:58:20 PM »

then Robin tours with GnR and Trent calls Aaron.  No big deal.  

Aaron North has his own band and projects. He's not waiting at home for Reznor's call.
Plus, Trent would look like an idiot if Robin left in the middle of the tour. Not that I care if Reznor looked like an idiot, but that's how it would be.

GNR forever !!
Death Cube K
« Reply #845 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:17 PM »

so either
1. no gnr activity for 2008
2.hes left

My point exactly
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #846 on: April 08, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »

People need to cheer up... at least it's not like when Robin left in 1999 and we were basically left with the prospect of Paul Tobias, and Axl taking guitar lessons, as the immediate "solution" to the lead guitar vacancy. Things have been far worse during this LONG and windy journey...

Fortus and Thal are KILLER guitarists who can burn through Robin's material with their eyes closed. Robin was a big part of the 2006-07 stage show... there's no doubting that... but that may just mean that Fortus and Thal will have to step up their own stage presence like Robin did when Buckethead departed... To me... that's thrilling... I long felt that we've only begun to barely scratch the surface of Ron Thal's incredible talents in particular... now may be his chance to really shine. Couldn't have happened to a better person or friend to the GN'R faithful.

As far as Robin goes... I think he's a highly talented and creative guy and have enjoyed his work with this band for a long time. I have immense respect for him as an artist and as a unique rock guitarist. I also respect the fact that he took on the challenge of replacing Slash and all the crap that came with that at a time when the world was full of nothing but spite for the GN'R name. I personally hope he's on board when GN'R is finally really ready to roll... and think it would be a real shame for him to by-pass an opportunity to receive the praise and adulation he so richly deserves for his 10+ years in this project... but at the end of the day... he's a free man... and I wish him nothing but the best if he's out. NIN is a pretty good place for him to land, if that is the case...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #847 on: April 08, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »

a release doesn't mean an immediate tour.

strongly right

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #848 on: April 08, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »

a release doesn't mean an immediate tour.

strongly right

I mean, come on, look at Britney Speaars' Black Out album... no that I really know anything about it... Roll Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #849 on: April 08, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »

These guys all have side gigs, what's the big deal?

A brothers gotta eat!

I can't believe the speculation in this thread, really, it's embarrassing.

Yeah but this is a little different than your average side gig.

Dizzy's band is a side project, some of this other stuff is just lets go out, have fun, play a club show.

Nine Inch Nails are more than a side project since Robin was in it already and left and now is back. It wouldnt make any sense for Robin to leave GNR but it definitely seems to be a signal that CD is no closer today than it was 5 years ago.

I think that is what most are up in arms about.

Axl signs a new management team, CD is in the labels hands.......... It just really seems the ball was starting to slowly roll.

Now with this, its just reality telling us that CD is no closer to being released than it ever has been.

There are way too many maybes to worry right now.

The CD could release near the end of the year with a tour that could start after the NIN gig ends.

Who the hell knows.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #850 on: April 08, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »

But you do on this? just after minutes it came online? it has a few reliable sources... and still 2 sec after.

Jarmo is right, the reality tv thing is fake. You should not doubt him given the calibre of sources that he has.

Wrt Finck, there has been no official announcement that he has left GN'R, so why the negativity?. Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time. Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

why is Frank's dates with Pisser posted and Richard in X Japan posted on the main page...and yet One of Jarmo's Fav bands, NIN, (from what i understand) get no mention when GnR's lead guitarist joins them for a tour? that seems very odd

and you reacted in a very similar fashion when BH left Mysteron  Undecided

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #851 on: April 08, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »

Those bands are in a different league don't you think?

So don't expect a NIN section on the site anytime soon....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #852 on: April 08, 2008, 08:38:42 PM »

/jarmo

i wasnt saying that at all....i just asked how come the main page news wasnt updated with this....every other tidbit is put in the Main htgth page when somethign happens...yet it appears that Robin appearing on a tour with NIN isnt worthy of an update

i thought this place was somewhere where people could come and read about what the current band members are doing and what projects they are involved in

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #853 on: April 08, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

The only news we have so far is a picture on NIN.com.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #854 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »

/jarmo

i wasnt saying that at all....i just asked how come the main page news wasnt updated with this....every other tidbit is put in the Main htgth page when somethign happens...yet it appears that Robin appearing on a tour with NIN isnt worthy of an update

i thought this place was somewhere where people could come and read about what the current band members are doing and what projects they are involved in

Probably not smart to post news before anyone knows exactly what the hell is going on.  Plus would anyone actually stop speculating if Jarmo did post it in the news section.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #855 on: April 08, 2008, 08:45:15 PM »

/jarmo

and a very suggestive past tense "played in guns n' roses"

btw the choice of words pissed me off as well "played" like all he did was jerk off for 8 + years

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #856 on: April 08, 2008, 08:59:51 PM »

/jarmo

oh ok

i know its no techies motorcycle or anything ... but i think a post by trent himself welcoming back robin is a bit news worthy.... at least rolling stone thought so

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #857 on: April 08, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »

considering the huge response that the message boards have had i'd guess that gnr fans think so as well  Undecided

we just wanna know the story man thats all i'm not trying to break your balls  peace

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #858 on: April 08, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »

i know its no techies motorcycle or anything ...

Which was copied and pasted from the GN'R Myspace.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #859 on: April 08, 2008, 09:49:46 PM »

/jarmo

And now we have "Four Guys Up To Something" Huh

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: