Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746287 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #760 on: April 08, 2008, 08:24:28 AM »

so my question is, IF Finck has left,  then Would axl need a third guitarist, when it seems ron and richard are more then capable  of picking up the slack

As much as I like Robin and would be sad to see him go, these 2 guys are more than capable of handling it.

In fact, if Robin DID leave for good I think it would be the best route to take instead of bringing someone else (either new or old) into the band at this time.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #761 on: April 08, 2008, 09:23:59 AM »

(btw, Why were my posts deleted? Im just having an open discussion, there was no swearing/inflammatory, just a simple debate,
thanks heaps  ok glad to see my opinions matter  Roll Eyes

If you wanna talk about Dead Horse topics, I suggest you do so in that section instead of trying to turn this thread into something else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #762 on: April 08, 2008, 09:29:54 AM »

I removed a bunch of off topic posts.

Some were about NIN, some were about that reunion and some were just personal attacks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #763 on: April 08, 2008, 09:32:19 AM »

Some were about NIN, some were about that reunion and some were just personal attacks.

/jarmo

all cool, im finished,
I never suggested the word reunion, my direct reply was
"I want the current gnr members playing chinese democracy songs, in 2008
I want to make new history, not the past making history,

which wasnt even wanting a reunion...

all cleaned up: 0

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #764 on: April 08, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »

John 5 could do a great job as replacement.

Or we could just use the players we have, they are more than capable.

If there are 3 guitarists it's because they need them. It's not some kind of eccentricity as some of you think it is.
 Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:36:34 AM by hartman » Logged

GNR forever !!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #765 on: April 08, 2008, 09:37:50 AM »

John 5 could do a great job as replacement.

Or we could just use the players we have, they are more than capable.

If there are 3 guitarists it's because they need them. It's not some kind of eccentricity as some of you think.
 Roll Eyes

Fair enough

but think of it this way,
Buckethead left in 2004 ,
and Bumblefoot was "hired/came" to gnr in 2006

so for 2 years, no 3rd guitarist was needed...
and Bucket , after the tour, probably stayed to help record twat etc up until 2004,
so robin and richard seemed to handle things themselves for 2 years...

Then only, when gnr started touring agian did they need a third guitarist (Ron replacing Bucket) ... and now that fincks gone,
Ron and Richard can share the parts, I mean those 2 are more then capable of doing fincks parts....
Mabye axl was just staying loyal to finck for a number of years until a permanent more talented guitarist was found, who knows until we have
a confirmation about finck...

night all..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
luciano2008
« Reply #766 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »

Why can't Robin play with NIN?  Huh
Why create such a fuss about it?  Huh

Axl loves NIN. He must have told Robin to try and get Trent for a guest performance on CD. That's probably all there is to it.  yes

What are a few additional months of waiting if you can have Trent "RAZOR" Reznor on your record.  ok

Axl has made CLEAR that Buckethead is on CD, so it is pretty CLEAR too that Robin is also on CD. Axl won't remove Robin, no need to worry.

He's jut got a masterplan to get RAZOR to contribute with CD.  Shocked
That's my guess.

All you guys should just cool down and relax and be thankful that we have Axl in this world.  Cheesy
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #767 on: April 08, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

If Robin has left, will there be new royalties etc to negotiate?

I think this is a HUGE set-back whether Robin is IN or OUT.

IN: Means he'll be unavailable for a year or so. Means CD is far from ready even at this point. Means he knows fuck all about what's going on with GnR.

OUT: Means we'll need another guitarist, something that can take a while. Means perhaps new negotiations concerning Robin's cut. COULD mean re-recording of Robin's parts.

Oh my god.. It's potentially devastating both ways...
Death Cube K
« Reply #768 on: April 08, 2008, 10:52:28 AM »

IN: Means he'll be unavailable for a year or so. Means CD is far from ready even at this point. Means he knows fuck all about what's going on with GnR.

OUT: Means we'll need another guitarist, something that can take a while. Means perhaps new negotiations concerning Robin's cut. COULD mean re-recording of Robin's parts.

Finally someone who got it.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #769 on: April 08, 2008, 10:53:32 AM »

IN: Means he'll be unavailable for a year or so. Means CD is far from ready even at this point.

Where do you get this???
They can release sans Robin
And tour next year....

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #770 on: April 08, 2008, 10:56:16 AM »

Royalties shouldn't be a problem. Leave the existing agreements and recordings in place, and just treat him like a member of the band who's on "sabbatical" in NIN. Leave it to Richard and Bumblefoot to handle the live performances (if any) until Robin finishes up with NIN. Not ideal... but definitely not "devastating" IMHO.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #771 on: April 08, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »

I would think that it's long been since negotiated that Robin is gonna get whatever royalties are due him whether or not he's still in GNR.  Not only for his contributions to CD but for anything he's done that may appear on any subsequential album (supposedly there's three or four more albums worth of material recorded).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #772 on: April 08, 2008, 11:03:33 AM »

Does anyone in the NIN community know how things are being considered on their side? I they are more likely to respond to this news than Guns are.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »

Does anyone in the NIN community know how things are being considered on their side? they are more likely to respond to this news than Guns are.

It isn't their business or their place to start giving some in debth statements on behalf of Robin Finck/Axl Rose/GNR.
Which doesn't mean Trent wouldn't see fit to comment on it anyway, he has a big mouth sometimes;D

That being said, afaik no one  in nin camp  has commented  this in any way via any unofficial channel they occasionally use either.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:22:47 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »

If there was something worthwhile to say i'm sure Axl + GNR would make an announcement. I think people need to get on with their lives.

Reading into every detail is a little bit obsessive and stalkerish. I just wish GNR fans would appreciate this.  rant

smoking beer

I see..
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #775 on: April 08, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »

If there was something worthwhile to say i'm sure Axl + GNR would make an announcement. I think people need to get on with their lives.

Reading into every detail is a little bit obsessive and stalkerish. I just wish GNR fans would appreciate this.  rant

smoking beer

Yes, stop obsessing over every little detail like the lead guitarist potentially walking when on the brink of the album coming out.   Roll Eyes
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #776 on: April 08, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »

I really didn't think of the possibility that when Baz said (I think) there are 3 albums completed other than royalties from them Robin could probably make similar money touring with NIN-it would be in his best interest to stick around and tour and help promote the GNR album(s), but if Guns is not touring this year, he may want a payday with NIN this year.

libertad
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #777 on: April 08, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »

/jarmo

Hi Jarmo - Can we expect an official update from GnR' regarding the status of Robin Finck?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #778 on: April 08, 2008, 12:35:15 PM »

You can always expect things, but it's a completely different matter if your expectations are fulfilled....  Wink

Seriously, I don't know at this point when/if that kind of announcement is made.

The other side of the matter hasn't made any announcements either.

/jarmo

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #779 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

i think everyone needs to relax.  first of all, robin has done this before, hes been going back forth for like a decade now. if hes still in GNR which he probably is, since we havent been told otherwise.  then this means they wont tour this year thats all.

second, i think we would have gotten an announcement if he was gone for good, since we got one when buckethead left.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: