Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748113 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #640 on: April 07, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »

Trent has been planning many things in the upcoming future for NIN so he isn't going to waste time trying to fuck with the GNR fans....Getting Robin back is just phase one of several phases that NIN is going thru in the next few months...fact is, robin was always an employee of Trent 1st and foremost, so at least he finally chose a side..and those in the GNR camp..why would you want robin if he clearly jumps ship

Where the hell did you come from?  Suddenly we have a NIN insider here?

maybe you really are Trent Reznor Shocked

P.S. - following your theory, why would Trent want Robin if he jumps ship as well?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:44:46 PM by Journeyman » Logged

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #641 on: April 07, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/07/news-ticker-nine-inch-nails-austin-city-limits-rob-zombie/
Razor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #642 on: April 07, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »

Again with all the fuckn' speculation.  Just cause the guys going on tour with NIN, what does that have to do with GNR?  And if he is leaving wich knobody knows; why dont you wait to hear something oficial, before starting all the he said she said.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »

"Trent Reznor has revealed the newest touring lineup of Nine Inch Nails. Former NIN guitarist Robin Finck (who most recently was a member of Guns N? Roses) will rejoin Reznor after an eight-year absence (and send Axl Rose searching the want ads)."

Hum...do they know something? I guess they know as much as we do, meaning - nothing!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »

theres also a silmilar story at nme and knac.
personally i still dont think he's left gnr.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »

I was worried at first when I read this post. Then I sort of calmed down made some jokes etc. But I really think it is fucked that 3 days after the posting we (hardcore Fans) have heard fuck all from anyone, nothing from  NIN, GNR or Robin. If he cared sooooo much and really left. HE should tell everyone and not Trent Fuckin' Reznor, he should announce it. I always thought Robin had the utmost respect for GNR fans, regardless of his future plans...no biggy (we've lost bigger guitarists) if that's what he wants to do, whatever. Return to the Spacefuck he was in ca."2001", great. Why does everything in the GNR world have to feel like shitting a cannonball?  
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:07:54 AM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Why does everything in the GNR world have to feel like shitting a cannonball?

- 'This is the life we've chosen.'

Wink

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »

Why does everything in the GNR world have to feel like shitting a cannonball?

- 'This is the life we've chosen.'

Wink

I predict a collage on robinfinck.com before weeks end to explain all of this.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

If Robin is on tour for awhile maybe they should call Bucket back to fill in? Kind of like they did when Brain was on paternity leave or whatever.

That way if the proverbial light switch turns on Bucket can go on the first couple shows of the tour and all that then Robin can come back with GNR.

why would you want robin if he clearly jumps ship

I have no problem with him playing with other bands while GNR isn't going to be active. That's his prerogative. If he's leaving the band that's another thing (and yet to be confirmed).
And 'we want Robin" because he's a very talented player and has contributed a lot to Guns N' Roses. Some of us really don't care for Nine Inch Nails or Trent's egofuck attitude.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:47:55 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »

"Trent Reznor has revealed the newest touring lineup of Nine Inch Nails. Former NIN guitarist Robin Finck (who most recently was a member of Guns N? Roses) will rejoin Reznor after an eight-year absence (and send Axl Rose searching the want ads)."

Hum...do they know something? I guess they know as much as we do, meaning - nothing!

No, if you click on the link they have provided, there is nothing in that story they are basing the RS posting on that suggests something we don't know.  The RS post is misleading based on the information they are going off of.  They are making speculations and presenting those as news instead of using facts as the basis for a "news" story.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:02:11 PM by Ali » Logged
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #650 on: April 07, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »

I'm starting to think that the fact nobody from the GNR camp has shot this down, either by way of posting here or contacting Jarmo, is pretty telling.

Usually we get confirmation on most major events pretty quickly. Just a quick note from beta,fernando or Mysteron either directly on the board or through Jarmo ... nothing at all so far this time. This could be something nobody in the GNR Camp knew was happening. It could be something more complicated then just being able to say 'robins still in/ robins out' ... contracts, obligations, legalities etc etc ....

I do think we will hear something concrete about this situation before weeks end.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #651 on: April 07, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

I know a lot of people here like Robin, but all this doom and gloom is unnecessary bullshit about tour delays, etc.
Axl tapped Bumblefoot several weeks (or was it less than that) before they did the the first Hammerstein shows in '06.
And, since he's been in the music business for a few decades and well respected, I'm sure he has a list of guitarists he could tap (and people who would want to tour/join).

Additionally, people who talk about the album being delayed because of this are being ridiculous. The album is done and in. Sure, Bumblefoot joining might have slowed it up, so they could get him on it, but CD wasn't in the executives' hands at the time.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »

I'm starting to think that the fact nobody from the GNR camp has shot this down, either by way of posting here or contacting Jarmo, is pretty telling.

Usually we get confirmation on most major events pretty quickly. Just a quick note from beta,fernando or Mysteron either directly on the board or through Jarmo ... nothing at all so far this time. This could be something nobody in the GNR Camp knew was happening. It could be something more complicated then just being able to say 'robins still in/ robins out' ... contracts, obligations, legalities etc etc ....

I do think we will hear something concrete about this situation before weeks end.

I think it's surprising that we haven't heard any comment from anyone associated with GN'R about this.  What it says, I don't know.

But, I have a hard time believing that at the very least, after all this time, that Robin would not as a matter of courtesy tell GN'R that he was leaving.  Basically, I have a hard time believing that they knew about Robin touring with NIN when we did on Friday.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #653 on: April 07, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »

Basically, I have a hard time believing that they knew about Robin touring with NIN when we did on Friday
they def didnt.

I think Robin owes us an explanation on why he decided to leave. What were the factors involved. I hope he doesnt give us a run of the mill " I enjoyed my stay with the band but its time to move on"

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #654 on: April 07, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »

robin is not going to play full time in both bands....why people think he is 'on loan' to tour is beyond me....robin is OFFICIALLY a member of NIN again....you should be speculating on who the new GNR guitar player will be rather than if robin is out of the band..OF COURSE he is out of GNR.....he just committed to a world tour with NIN that will stretch until LATE 2009....that and the fact there is 2 new NIN records possibly coming out in that span...as for when he decided to leave GNR, this has been brewing since mid january....

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
Ali
Legend

« Reply #655 on: April 07, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

robin is not going to play full time in both bands....why people think he is 'on loan' to tour is beyond me....robin is OFFICIALLY a member of NIN again....you should be speculating on who the new GNR guitar player will be rather than if robin is out of the band..OF COURSE he is out of GNR.....he just committed to a world tour with NIN that will stretch until LATE 2009....that and the fact there is 2 new NIN records possibly coming out in that span...as for when he decided to leave GNR, this has been brewing since mid january....

He is a member of the NIN TOURING band.  It is not a band in any other sense.

And how do you know about when Robin decided to rejoin NIN?

Ali
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #656 on: April 07, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »

You've become pretty annoying, pretty fast. When offical word comes that Robin is out the, and only then, is it time to start speculating on a new, if there even would be one, new GNR guitarist. Anything we say about Robins tenure in NIN or GNR until then is PURE SPECULATION by us and nothing more. Anything you say is also speculation. Don't act all knowing.

Anyways, Robin has some very loyal GNR fans, fans who I hope he would acknowledge and keep them in the know about what his intentions are.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #657 on: April 07, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »

^^^^^

exactly

NIN = Trent Reznor

Moby = Moby

Simply Red = Mick Hutnall  hihi

Reznor simply does the songs and people replicate what he cant live

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #658 on: April 07, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »

I'm surprised trentreznor was available as a username Wink
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: April 07, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »

Jarmo, no offense,but you seem rather aggressive in your responses on this issue. Obviously you make a valid point that people cannot be updated if there is something undecided, but you must understand how the Guns fans feel over this issue?

Everytime we get anywhere near a possible forward move something terrible usually happens and we are never told why. A shovel of truth into the fire wouldn't go amiss. They could fill in a few blanks and explain the reasons why it has taken so long and why it continues to be treated with such secrecy.

Obviously there is some reason why the album cannot come out. Why can they not just tell us what those reasons are? For example, "Thanks for your support, but unfortunately complicated legal cases we cannot discuss mean we cannot release Chinese Democracy" or whatever the real reason is. The band is losing good favour with even the hardcore fans . If they are planning a return, it would be better if they didn't have to start by winning back the fans they had.

As I've repeated time after time, there are two sides to this coin.

You can give a lot of updates, then when some of the things you planned don't happen you get called a liar etc.

/jarmo

You can give certain updates without guaranteeing anything!  All you have to do is tell the truth about certain things.  Like what the current status of the band is, or what the current status of the album is!  You don't HAVE to do this, but fans sure as hell respect it!  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: