Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:08:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 783978 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #620 on: April 07, 2008, 01:47:55 PM »

The band is losing good favour with even the hardcore fans .
honestly you really cant blame Axl for this. The news came out of nowhere. He will move on but you have to realize how much of a blow this is to him. I can only imagine. There are things Axl does that I havnt agreed with over the past few yrs but this certainly isnt one of them. Its not his fault. I actually feel bad for him and us. Its like there is something invisible out there that has tried so hard to make this such a long roller coaster journey. And the sad part is ...its winning! Its unreal when you think about all of it....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:57:10 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #621 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »

HOW do you know it has been handed to the record company?? were you there in their offices?Huh

all i am saying is robin is out permanently...whethere this affects the album, future tours, etc who knows...but he is OUT of GNR...NIN is setting up a massive tour/album release schedule that will take them thru late 2009 at the EARLIEST

Read my post again, I wasnt there ... I wish I was however Beta (Axl's Personal Assistant) was and has said it has been handed into the record company, no disrespect to yourself , I think she knows just a tad bit more than you
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #622 on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »

The band is losing good favour with even the hardcore fans .
honestly you really cant blame Axl for this. The news came out of nowhere. He will move on but you have to realize how much of a blow this is to him. I can only imagine. There are things Axl does that I havnt agreed with over the past few yrs but this certainly isnt one of them. Its not his fault. I actually feel bad for him and us. Its like there is something invisible out there that has tried so hard to make this such a long roller coaster journey. Its unreal when you think about all of it....

Yes, kinda off topic here but....

One things for sure, Axl hasn't always chosen the easiest paths to walk down at times, but whatever path he walks it seems there are more things blocking his way then there would be for most other people. It seems luck just doesn't want to play fair game with Axl Rose most of the time.

I only hope that through steps that only he himself can take, alongside a litlle bit of good luck, 2008 can be the year he can get his new material released once and for all. Getting this out there in public, to be heard, judged and enjoyed can only be good for him I imagine.

I'm not going to say Axl can 'save rock n roll' by himself or with one album of music, but I am confident a full album of new material by Axl and the amazing group of musicians he has surrounded himself with will no doubt rock, and rock hard!

Good luck for Axl starts now?!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #623 on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »

I got your point .
should I repeat again that Tommy once said the album might be out while he was on his solo tour.

again if tommy decides to cancel his own solo tour thats his perogative...its his tour

nothing any of the other side projects that the current GnR guys have done comes anywhere close to the magnitude of a NIN World Tour ... and if robin is locked up in that then we can forget about any actual band promotion for CD until Robin is cleared of his contract with Trent...unless they get a new lead guitarist  Sad thats the way i see it

again Tommy wasn't cancelling the tour for the supposed release. read my post.
a band doesn't necessarily put an album and tour at once.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:26:03 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #624 on: April 07, 2008, 01:59:38 PM »

I guess we will hear something this week, even though I kinda expected to hear something today (well it's only 11AM in L.A, but still).
Anyway, I'm wondering why Reznor hasn't said anything in 3 days...he seemed to be pretty proud to show Robin is "back", whatever it really means. He hasn't said a thing since then and oddly enough GN'R either. Could it mean there are still negotiations in the works?

I don't like to speculate, but when we're in the dark like this, there's not much we can do besides that.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #625 on: April 07, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »

and my point bringing up richard thing is that I expect an update at the GNRcom if trent resorted to a haste bombshell before  Robins really say yes or Robin really left. otherwise Robin finck com will do.

Save the disappointment till you hear a confirmation.
if it turns to be bad news, lets cry a bit and then move on.  for an instant I may curse robin for a fool but that doesn't mean I will never go to a NIN show to see him. Tongue

rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward. ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #626 on: April 07, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »

I'm wondering why Reznor hasn't said anything in 3 days...he seemed to be pretty proud to show Robin is "back", whatever it really means.
welcome back and WORLD tour doesnt  say enough?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #627 on: April 07, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »

welcome back and WORLD tour doesnt  say enough?

I was referring to welcome back "for good" or "just for this tour"?
But that wasn't the point of my post.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #628 on: April 07, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »

Jarmo, no offense,but you seem rather aggressive in your responses on this issue. Obviously you make a valid point that people cannot be updated if there is something undecided, but you must understand how the Guns fans feel over this issue?

Everytime we get anywhere near a possible forward move something terrible usually happens and we are never told why. A shovel of truth into the fire wouldn't go amiss. They could fill in a few blanks and explain the reasons why it has taken so long and why it continues to be treated with such secrecy.

Obviously there is some reason why the album cannot come out. Why can they not just tell us what those reasons are? For example, "Thanks for your support, but unfortunately complicated legal cases we cannot discuss mean we cannot release Chinese Democracy" or whatever the real reason is. The band is losing good favour with even the hardcore fans . If they are planning a return, it would be better if they didn't have to start by winning back the fans they had.

As I've repeated time after time, there are two sides to this coin.

You can give a lot of updates, then when some of the things you planned don't happen you get called a liar etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #629 on: April 07, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »

I was referring to welcome back "for good" or "just for this tour"?

allow me to reput my 2 cents

Don't you fed up with drama queens. hihi

my impression so far is that while trent was waiting for robin's agreement he saw dr pepper thing and GNR's management announcement, which aroused rivalry in him and had him go ahead to make it an accomplished fact.

so, no news or statement ? speculations are useless.
Lips Sealed so true.

and again speculations are useless.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #630 on: April 07, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »

my impression so far is that while trent was waiting for robin's agreement he saw dr pepper thing and GNR's management announcement, which aroused rivalry in him and had him go ahead to make it an accomplished fact.

Could be the case...The guys over at Dr Pepper must be like "what have we done?" lol Grin

I know speculations are useless, I was just posting my 2 cents. Sad
Anyway, I'll keep checking in case we have some official news about this from GN'R.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #631 on: April 07, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »

I know speculations are useless, I was just posting my 2 cents. Sad

I was referring to my 2 cents as the useless ones.   Wink

and another one maoaxl thinks before those recent GNR occurrences, robin might have agreed to rejoin NIN tour and before he cancelled it trent updated his site. Hence no update since then.

I must admit this is more plausible than mine.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:38:35 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #632 on: April 07, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »

Not that I see myself in that group, but I, for once don't see the point of posting when there ARE NO NEWS AT ALL.

Was I comparing bad news to no news at all? No I wasn't.

/jarmo

Did I say you were comparing bad news to no news at all? No I didn't.

So why did you feel like you had to defend yourself with that line against the point I made?

/jarmo

Because I understand people who post only when there's bad news. If they didn't they wouldn't post for months !
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:42:53 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #633 on: April 07, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »

BTW, this is not the first time that TRent Reznor fucks with the minds of GNR fans. Chances are he himself posted that pic on his site to fuck with us and he's just laughing his ass reading all the comments.

He's a geek.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #634 on: April 07, 2008, 02:42:19 PM »

Other sites are now running the story ...

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=6229

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #635 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »

Not that I see myself in that group, but I, for once don't see the point of posting when there ARE NO NEWS AT ALL.

Was I comparing bad news to no news at all? No I wasn't.

/jarmo

Did I say you were comparing bad news to no news at all? No I didn't.

So why did you feel like you had to defend yourself with that line against the point I made?

/jarmo

Because I understand people who post only when there's bad news. If they didn't they wouldn't post for months !

There were some good news at the end of March. A little over a week ago. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #636 on: April 07, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »

IF Robin has departed to NIN for good, there's one thing'll miss, and that's his input to the track Better.
Mind you, I'd like to see Trent perform the song (do NIN cover songs?).

No WAY ... the stuff I'd miss is his work on There Was a Time ... superb playing on that track.  I love it Smiley  It's tooooo distinctive Smiley  Very cool.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: April 07, 2008, 02:50:21 PM »

BTW, this is not the first time that TRent Reznor fucks with the minds of GNR fans. Chances are he himself posted that pic on his site to fuck with us and he's just laughing his ass reading all the comments.

He's a geek.

(dream on)
I doubt Trent would post a photo of Robin just to fuck with NIN fans Wink

He posted a pic of axl Tongue

trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #638 on: April 07, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »

Trent has been planning many things in the upcoming future for NIN so he isn't going to waste time trying to fuck with the GNR fans....Getting Robin back is just phase one of several phases that NIN is going thru in the next few months...fact is, robin was always an employee of Trent 1st and foremost, so at least he finally chose a side..and those in the GNR camp..why would you want robin if he clearly jumps ship

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #639 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

He's a geek.

(dream on)
I doubt Trent would post a photo of Robin just to fuck with NIN fans Wink

He posted a pic of axl Tongue

That was at a time when Robin joined Axl.
Robin with NIN is new news. Plain and simple.

nah, Trent posting a pic of Axl is relatively recent.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: