Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 783938 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »

For all we know... Robin's apparent agreement to re-join NIN pre-dated the recent "occurrences" (Dr. Pepper, new management, etc.) in the GN'R camp, and now he's scrambling to find a way to work it all out with Axl, Trent, etc. (thus no statement as of yet).

that's if robin really agreed to rejoin NIN b4 or after.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:12:14 PM by ppbebe » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »

I don't understand why people are disappointed when nothing has been confirmed yet.

Well robin is supposedly touring with this little band now....their called Nine Inch Nails, you may have heard of them...i know they are no Hookers N Blow but NIN is pretty big in their own right  hihi

then lets worry about this as well? http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94320

"I hope that i am able to do more shows with X JAPAN in the future."

X JAPAN will play its first-ever concert in the U.S. on September 13, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band will also perform in Paris, France on July 5.

I dunno, you tell me ..... is X Japan in the same league as NIN?

No, not even close.  Therefore, he's out of the band?   Huh
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #602 on: April 07, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »

Ultimately I'm cool with Robin doing NIN (actually I preferred him to Aaron North) but I'd still like to see him with GN'R and really hope it doesn't delay Chinese Democracy. If Better is anything to go by, I'm really excited to hear his influence on the record, but I'm not really cut up about whether he is touring with NIN when it is released. Its difficult when you like both bands!

Here today...ready to rock
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #603 on: April 07, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »

I sincerely hope something concrete gets said by somebody today. Robin, GNR, NIN... I don't care. I'd just like to know if he's out for good.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #604 on: April 07, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »

personally, as long as CD is released in the near future,

i dont mind robin leavin for a year and then returning back again...

gnr could still tour with 2 guitarists or even find a temporary replacement.

homo homini lupus...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #605 on: April 07, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »

I don't understand why people are disappointed when nothing has been confirmed yet.

Well robin is supposedly touring with this little band now....their called Nine Inch Nails, you may have heard of them...i know they are no Hookers N Blow but NIN is pretty big in their own right  hihi

I think  then lets worry about this as well? http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94320

"I hope that i am able to do more shows with X JAPAN in the future."

X JAPAN will play its first-ever concert in the U.S. on September 13, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band will also perform in Paris, France on July 5.

I donno but prolly ben knows?

anyway it's obvious we don't need to worry about this and GNR didn't need to make a statement regarding to this.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #606 on: April 07, 2008, 01:23:06 PM »

I sincerely hope something concrete gets said by somebody today. Robin, GNR, NIN... I don't care. I'd just like to know if he's out for good.

Me too. Endless setbacks I can stand - its being left to speculate and wonder what's going on thats the real pisser.

And there goes the challenger...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #607 on: April 07, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »

No, not even close.  Therefore, he's out of the band?   Huh

I donno but prolly ben knows?

anyway it's obvious we don't need to worry about this and GNR didn't need to make a statement regarding to this.

the point i'm trying to make here is that Robin in NIN means hes unavailable for GnR for possbly 8 months or longer...as NIN is a very big act and when they tour they tour on a large scale....Richard in X Japan is a guest...and he goes for a few gigs over a week or 2 time span...if GnR doesnt have their lead guitarist its hard to make appearances to promote a possible CD release...shows like letterman, conan obrian, jimmy kimmel...those gigs are the norm these days for alot of major acts releasing new material...

another point if robin is in NIN then most likely trent made him sign a legally binding contract for a certain tenure to play in the band...if Richard says hey X Japan fuck you cuz i got an album coming out and i gotta do my thing what are they gonna do? it was only a guest appearance anyway....

do you guys understand now what i'm trying to say?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #608 on: April 07, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

the point i'm trying to make here is that Robin in NIN means hes unavailable for GnR for possbly 8 months or longer...as NIN is a very big act and when they tour they tour on a large scale....Richard in X Japan is a guest...and he goes for a few gigs over a week or 2 time span...if GnR doesnt have their lead guitarist its hard to make appearances to promote a possible CD release...shows like letterman, conan obrian, jimmy kimmel...those gigs are the norm these days for alot of major acts releasing new material...

I got your point .
should I repeat again that Tommy once said the album might be out while he was on his solo tour.

if Finck is still a part of Guns then this means maybe CD wont come out till then.

Nope.

Like I said earlier, Tommy told that he thought cd might well be released while he was on the road for his solo. If you want I have the quote.
He wanted to fulfil his own thing before a long GNR tour with the album starts in earnest.
If tommy didn't need to be there at the 'critical moment', why robin does?

Basically wherever you are, you can be still present at the release as far as you're on this planet.
A release takes place worldwide unlike a show which you got to be in a certain place at a certain time to be present at.

Mysteron said there was no tour plan at the moment and GNR wouldn't be at RIR this year.
That didn't mean no free dr pepper.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:33:05 PM by ppbebe » Logged
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #609 on: April 07, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »

I just don't see the point in having new  management if you still can't communicate with the fans.

Did you ever think that maybe there's a reason for this?

/jarmo

Yes i do, but i hope to hear something semi - official regarding Finck status in GNR ASAP.

Don't need to be a official PR.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #610 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »

I got your point .
should I repeat again that Tommy once said the album might be out while he was on his solo tour.

again if tommy decides to cancel his own solo tour thats his perogative...its his tour

nothing any of the other side projects that the current GnR guys have done comes anywhere close to the magnitude of a NIN World Tour ... and if robin is locked up in that then we can forget about any actual band promotion for CD until Robin is cleared of his contract with Trent...unless they get a new lead guitarist  Sad thats the way i see it

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #611 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

I just don't see the point in having new  management if you still can't communicate with the fans.

Did you ever think that maybe there's a reason for this?

/jarmo

Yes i do, but i hope to hear something semi - official regarding Finck status in GNR ASAP.

Don't need to be a official PR.

So you understand that there might be a reason for the fact that notihng has been said yet, but you still ask why they don't talk....

Ok.... Whatever works for you I guess.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #612 on: April 07, 2008, 01:39:43 PM »

The silence could be because if he is leaving maybe GNR is trying to talk him out of it and they don't want to be premature about his leaving if they think they can prevent it.

Also, management's job is not necessarily the same as a PR job.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #613 on: April 07, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »

I would guess there isnt any word from GNR camp yet because they were probably blind sided by this. They prob dont know how they want to move foward yet so they will refrain from saying anything until they figure this all out

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #614 on: April 07, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »

Maybe you haven't heard anything from the GNR camp because Axl might have been blindsided by this and is deciding what the hell to do next.....let me say this..NIN is planning a LOT BIGGER TOUR than just those 2 months...They are setting up a world tour....Trent is also in the early stages of getting ready to release a blitzkrieg of NIN stuff from the past (demos, soundboards, etc) since he is free from his record label....and there is a buzz that Trent is getting ready to drop Year Zero part two in May and possibly another record that is being recorded as we speak....Robin leaving is PERMANENT...This is not a rent a guitar player for 2 month thing...

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #615 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:18 PM »

Jarmo, no offense,but you seem rather aggressive in your responses on this issue. Obviously you make a valid point that people cannot be updated if there is something undecided, but you must understand how the Guns fans feel over this issue?

Everytime we get anywhere near a possible forward move something terrible usually happens and we are never told why. A shovel of truth into the fire wouldn't go amiss. They could fill in a few blanks and explain the reasons why it has taken so long and why it continues to be treated with such secrecy.

Obviously there is some reason why the album cannot come out. Why can they not just tell us what those reasons are? For example, "Thanks for your support, but unfortunately complicated legal cases we cannot discuss mean we cannot release Chinese Democracy" or whatever the real reason is. The band is losing good favour with even the hardcore fans . If they are planning a return, it would be better if they didn't have to start by winning back the fans they had.

busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: April 07, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »

Maybe you haven't heard anything from the GNR camp because Axl might have been blindsided by this and is deciding what the hell to do next.....let me say this..NIN is planning a LOT BIGGER TOUR than just those 2 months...They are setting up a world tour....Trent is also in the early stages of getting ready to release a blitzkrieg of NIN stuff from the past (demos, soundboards, etc) since he is free from his record label....and there is a buzz that Trent is getting ready to drop Year Zero part two in May and possibly another record that is being recorded as we speak....Robin leaving is PERMANENT...This is not a rent a guitar player for 2 month thing...

Thanks for clearing that up Trent.
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #617 on: April 07, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »

NIN tour starts on 25/07/08 and runs up to at the Moment till 06/09/08
Until there is an 'Offical Annoucement' can we just all get along?
 Robin is in the Touring Band of NIN (who have quite a few touring memebers) ..... Big Fuckin deal, has He Left 'Offically Left' GNR? ..... NO! as we dont have an offical announcement.
 Is his Touring with NIN going to delay 'Chinese Democracy'? ...... NO!, as it has been handed to the Record company, as recording has been completed, according to Beta - who to be quite honest knows a lot more than we do on here... weather we like it or not.
Band Members play with other Bands all time, espically when the 'Main Band' they are in are on a break, or between albums or tours (either planned by themselves or the record company)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #618 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »

Read to Darren. Period. The man is right...

trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #619 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »

HOW do you know it has been handed to the record company?? were you there in their offices?Huh

all i am saying is robin is out permanently...whethere this affects the album, future tours, etc who knows...but he is OUT of GNR...NIN is setting up a massive tour/album release schedule that will take them thru late 2009 at the EARLIEST

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: