Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2024, 01:42:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228184 Posts in 43264 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 750724 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #580 on: April 07, 2008, 12:11:07 PM »

early to get disapointed, don't you think?

Right now, there's a lot of people who hated (and still doing it) Finck and Guns N' Roses but they want to spread paranoia, discomfort, etc.

indeed as if they actually had supported the band after bh,  or after /.

like someone says they feel bad for axl

If they do, is rubbing salt into the wound their idea of supporting someone?
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #581 on: April 07, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »

It's kinda amazing that one's support for the band gets questioned just because you respect a member's decisions and/or choices.

It's also interesting to see how Robin went from being "just a guitar player in GN'R" to everyone's favorite in a day or so.

I lost count on how many times I saw posts pointing out his "mistakes" during the 2006 tour. I guess it's the old thing about not knowing what you got until it is, or it might be (we don't know which yet), gone.

It's like you can't be happy with what you got. You have to pick it apart and find faults.

Then when something changes, the things you were picking apart and finding faults in, suddenly were perfect!

/jarmo

not me i've stuck to my guns (pardon the pun)

robin is not a good LIVE guitar player. Sure he has the enrgy and looked cool 2006/7, but time and again he fumbes through songs live. If GnR are hiring, i'm available  hihi

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #582 on: April 07, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »

It's kinda amazing that one's support for the band gets questioned just because you respect a member's decisions and/or choices.

It's also interesting to see how Robin went from being "just a guitar player in GN'R" to everyone's favorite in a day or so.

I lost count on how many times I saw posts pointing out his "mistakes" during the 2006 tour. I guess it's the old thing about not knowing what you got until it is, or it might be (we don't know which yet), gone.

It's like you can't be happy with what you got. You have to pick it apart and find faults.

Then when something changes, the things you were picking apart and finding faults in, suddenly were perfect!

/jarmo

That's a pretty funny but true observation.

I never liked BH and I don't like Brian that much but I've always been a big, big Robin fan that's why I'm really hoping he's not gone for good.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #583 on: April 07, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »

That's why you should ignore those people! Those people aren't fans of the band anyway.

I think (hope) you can understand the disappointment of the people who truly are fans of the band and Robin.

I can understand feeling disappointed when something you admire changes.

But, at the end of the day, what can you do?

But I still think it's the case of certain people suddenly "realizing" how much they "like" Robin when he might be leaving.

It's a bit of a mystery to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #584 on: April 07, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »

I just don't see the point in having new  management if you still can't communicate with the fans.

I hope Robin its not gone for good.... we should know better.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2008, 12:24:39 PM »

But I still think it's the case of certain people suddenly "realizing" how much they "like" Robin when he might be leaving.

It's a bit of a mystery to me.

I dont think it cuz peopel like or dislike him...i think its cuz people worry that it will delay the album release if robin actually leaves

so i take it we havent heard anything yet  Undecided

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »

That's why you should ignore those people! Those people aren't fans of the band anyway.

I think (hope) you can understand the disappointment of the people who truly are fans of the band and Robin.

I can understand feeling disappointed when something you admire changes.

But, at the end of the day, what can you do?

/jarmo

Nothing we can do besides be disappointed. That doesn't mean my support for he band is gone though.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »

I don't understand why people are disappointed when nothing has been confirmed yet.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2008, 12:31:29 PM »

I just don't see the point in having new  management if you still can't communicate with the fans.

Did you ever think that maybe there's a reason for this?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #589 on: April 07, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »

Is it a coincidence that some of these fans turn up every time there's some, even remotely, bad news?

/jarmo

Not that I see myself in that group, but I, for once don't see the point of posting when there ARE NO NEWS AT ALL.

You may get a kick out of threads like "what is axl wearing today" but I don't.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #590 on: April 07, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »

I don't understand why people are disappointed when nothing has been confirmed yet.

Well robin is supposedly touring with this little band now....their called Nine Inch Nails, you may have heard of them...i know they are no Hookers N Blow but NIN is pretty big in their own right  hihi

I just don't see the point in having new  management if you still can't communicate with the fans.

Did you ever think that maybe there's a reason for this?

/jarmo

cuz they want to talk to both robin and axl, get the story straight and draft up some sort of game plan before saying anything? or they may not even say anything until GnR is ready to roll.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #591 on: April 07, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »

Not that I see myself in that group, but I, for once don't see the point of posting when there ARE NO NEWS AT ALL.

Was I comparing bad news to no news at all? No I wasn't.

/jarmo

axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #592 on: April 07, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

i dont believe for a minute that robin has left gnr for good,if you listen to the demos his style is on them more than any of the other guitar players with the exception of maybe madagascar.
yeah some of buckets work is great but most of the songs seem structured by robin.twats bucket solo for example is just an extension of robins original work.
the blues,chinese democracy,irs,better all have robin as the lead guitar player.
theres no way robin would leave something with his own original work on it just to become a touring musician with nin,he surely is smart enough to know that he wont get the recognision he deserves by been in nin unless trents told him he can play on there next album.
yeah he's probably frustrated like the rest of us,but i doubt he's left.
aint it typical just when you think the ball is started to roll again.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #593 on: April 07, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »

I'm still not even understanding what there is to "confirm".  He's playing with another band.  So what?  When Frank, Ron, Richard, Tommy, or Dizzy pursue other projects it's OK, but the alarms go off when Robin does?  I don't get it.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #594 on: April 07, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »

I'm still not even understanding what there is to "confirm".  He's playing with another band.  So what?  When Frank, Ron, Richard, Tommy, or Dizzy pursue other projects it's OK, but the alarms go off when Robin does?  I don't get it.

It's because of history, that's why people are reacting the way they are.  Robin left the band before to tour with NIN and he while he did come back later on, it wasn't for over a year.

Ali

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #595 on: April 07, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »

Well robin is supposedly touring with this little band now....their called Nine Inch Nails, you may have heard of them...i know they are no Hookers N Blow but NIN is pretty big in their own right  hihi

then lets worry about this as well? http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94320

"I hope that i am able to do more shows with X JAPAN in the future."

X JAPAN will play its first-ever concert in the U.S. on September 13, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band will also perform in Paris, France on July 5.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #596 on: April 07, 2008, 12:54:20 PM »

i dont believe for a minute that robin has left gnr for good,if you listen to the demos his style is on them more than any of the other guitar players with the exception of maybe madagascar.
yeah some of buckets work is great but most of the songs seem structured by robin.twats bucket solo for example is just an extension of robins original work.
the blues,chinese democracy,irs,better all have robin as the lead guitar player.
theres no way robin would leave something with his own original work on it just to become a touring musician with nin,he surely is smart enough to know that he wont get the recognision he deserves by been in nin unless trents told him he can play on there next album.
yeah he's probably frustrated like the rest of us,but i doubt he's left.
aint it typical just when you think the ball is started to roll again.

Good post. For all we know... Robin's apparent agreement to re-join NIN pre-dated the recent "occurrences" (Dr. Pepper, new management, etc.) in the GN'R camp, and now he's scrambling to find a way to work it all out with Axl, Trent, etc. (thus no statement as of yet). His heart and soul (along with Axl's), in particular, is all over the Chinese Democracy tracks we've heard. I really can't see him bailing on it. IMHO, this all seems like something that was hatched months ago back when GN'R was stuck knocking heads with the label and w/o credible management.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: April 07, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »

/jarmo

Did I say you were comparing bad news to no news at all? No I didn't.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #598 on: April 07, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

/jarmo

Did I say you were comparing bad news to no news at all? No I didn't.

So why did you feel like you had to defend yourself with that line against the point I made?

/jarmo

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #599 on: April 07, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »

Well robin is supposedly touring with this little band now....their called Nine Inch Nails, you may have heard of them...i know they are no Hookers N Blow but NIN is pretty big in their own right  hihi

then lets worry about this as well? http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94320

"I hope that i am able to do more shows with X JAPAN in the future."

X JAPAN will play its first-ever concert in the U.S. on September 13, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band will also perform in Paris, France on July 5.

I dunno, you tell me ..... is X Japan in the same league as NIN?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: