Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2024, 11:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228349 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 763116 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2008, 10:10:49 AM »

i for one think that if neither Robin nor Gn'R said anything it's because there is nothing to be said.

He's doing what everyone else in the band is doing.

Bumblefoot is finishing his cd, Richard is touring with X Japan ( and not so long ago was touring with Nena around Europe), Tommy released and toured for his solo cd, Dizzy is always playing, so is Frank...

i guess it's only fair for Robin to do the same and it still means nothing regarding GN'R, it's not like he walked out on the band, they're not doing anything musical at the time, and Robin wasn't hired to do administrative and RP work, so i think he's got some time off.

This has been said before in this 29 page thread but the question some of the GnR fans are worried about is that a NIN world tour takes 9 months as least...if Finck is still a part of Guns then this means maybe CD wont come out till then.

I dont know if Finck has left or not (i love the guy and i hope he didnt), but i think we should all calm down, and wait to sse what is really happening.

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #561 on: April 07, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

if that's the case, it's not robin's fault as well.

Cd hasn't come out since he joined the band 11 years ago. it's not a 9 month tour that would get in the way.

If Robin commits to the full tour it's just because there is nothing to do in Gn'R in the meanwhile.

Chinese Democracy!
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »

Cd hasn't come out since he joined the band 11 years ago. it's not a 9 month tour that would get in the way.

If Robin commits to the full tour it's just because there is nothing to do in Gn'R in the meanwhile.

Thats the second part of this argument: what IF, and I'll say it again IF, Cd comes out but Finck chose to be with NIN from now on?

But we are just repeating ourselves, this has been discussed over and over again in this thread  hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:33 AM »

Why's this hurt CD?
Why do they have to tour
Upon the release?

They can release it,
People will get to know songs,
Guns tour next year.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #564 on: April 07, 2008, 10:26:19 AM »

Gotta love the lack of confirmation from anyone.
Ah well, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway- ChiDem will come out when it comes out regardless; if he's in, GnR will continue; if he's out, GnR will continue.

I wouldnt be surprised if Nobody KNEW he left.
When buckethead left he told no one. Axl had to call someone and that someone called Buckethead's someone and then he knew BH had left...
Lack of confirmation will always amaze me in this band.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #565 on: April 07, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »

LOl, i think i can awnser that one as well.

if Finck choses to be part of NIN instead of GN'R it's because they didn't treat him as they should or thing in Gn'R are working as he would like them to.

In any case, Robin is Free to work with whom he sees fit and it's not our position to determinate what he should or should not do.

I Think he has proved that he loves Gn'r and the Fans, if, for reasons we are unaware of, he choses to leave after all he's been through, the least we can conclude is that he didn't make this decision withought thinking it trought, but at the end of the day he needs to do what is best for him as a musician and as a person that seeks something that fulfills him.

We've seen Gn'r with Robin giving it 110% and no one can question that, if it's not in his heart to give that much to the band anymore he should find something else that thrills him. an artist is only as good as his passion, without that, there's not a show to see.

Thats the second part of this argument: what IF, and I'll say it again IF, Cd comes out but Finck chose to be with NIN from now on?

But we are just repeating ourselves, this has been discussed over and over again in this thread  hihi

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »

if Finck is still a part of Guns then this means maybe CD wont come out till then.

Nope.

Like I said earlier, Tommy told that he thought cd might well be released while he was on the road for his solo. If you want I have the quote.
He wanted to fulfil his own thing before a long GNR tour with the album starts in earnest.
If tommy didn't need to be there at the 'critical moment', why robin does?

Basically wherever you are, you can be still present at the release as far as you're on this planet.
A release takes place worldwide unlike a show which you got to be in a certain place at a certain time to be present at.

Mysteron said there was no tour plan at the moment and GNR wouldn't be at RIR this year.
That didn't mean no free dr pepper.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »

Musicians need to perform to audiences, it's a desire that needs to be fulfilled. If GnR aren't touring this year then I'm sure Axl would have no problem with Robin playing with NIN. Look at all the artists today that play in lots of different bands. Guns N Roses is just a brand name now for whatever musicians play with Axl as lead vocalist. Slash played with lots of people when he was still in GnR.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »

Gotta love the lack of confirmation from anyone.
Ah well, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway- ChiDem will come out when it comes out regardless; if he's in, GnR will continue; if he's out, GnR will continue.

I wouldnt be surprised if Nobody KNEW he left....

I was actually wondering that same thing myself.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #569 on: April 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM »

so, no news or statement ? speculations are useless.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #570 on: April 07, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

I Think he has proved that he loves Gn'r and the Fans, if, for reasons we are unaware of, he choses to leave after all he's been through, the least we can conclude is that he didn't make this decision withought thinking it trought, but at the end of the day he needs to do what is best for him as a musician and as a person that seeks something that fulfills him.
I'm not feeling the love right now.  no

It feels more like he fucked us the other night and hasn't called us since.  rant

We haven't even gotten a Dear John/Jane letter!!!  crying

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #571 on: April 07, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »

We, as fans, sometimes forget that a band isn't just made for the fans, or better yet, it's not just the fact that people support the band that's gonna make everything alright.

a band is like a relationship, and in Gn'r's case, try having one with an 8 piece band, plus management, lawyers, press.

It gets ugly, and these kind of decisions have to be made entirely on your own benefit. if you wanna survive, you can't do everything for the fans.

Besides, a fan is just someone who pays a lot more attention to the things you do, and not necessarely, someone that only loves what you do, cuz the minute u screw up they'll butcher you as if you were married to them. All things considered, fans are dangerous and it's good to keep the distance and remember family, close friends and the personnal satisfaction you may get when decisions like this need to be made.

I'm not feeling the love right now.  no

It feels more like he fucked us the other night and hasn't called us since.  rant

We haven't even gotten a Dear John/Jane letter!!!  crying

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #572 on: April 07, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »

Don't you fed up with drama queens. hihi

my impression so far is that while trent was waiting for robin's agreement he saw dr pepper thing and GNR's management announcement, which aroused rivalry in him and had him go ahead to make it an accomplished fact.

Lips Sealed so true.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #573 on: April 07, 2008, 11:48:29 AM »

It's kinda amazing that one's support for the band gets questioned just because you respect a member's decisions and/or choices.

It's also interesting to see how Robin went from being "just a guitar player in GN'R" to everyone's favorite in a day or so.

I lost count on how many times I saw posts pointing out his "mistakes" during the 2006 tour. I guess it's the old thing about not knowing what you got until it is, or it might be (we don't know which yet), gone.

It's like you can't be happy with what you got. You have to pick it apart and find faults.

Then when something changes, the things you were picking apart and finding faults in, suddenly were perfect!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #574 on: April 07, 2008, 11:48:57 AM »

Welcome to the Speculation! (we LOVE it  hihi)

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #575 on: April 07, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »

my impression so far is that while trent was waiting for robin's agreement he saw dr pepper thing and GNR's management announcement, which aroused rivalry in him and had him go ahead to make it an accomplished fact.
Trent's using Robin to promote the NIN album that's coming out TOMORROW that (as far as I know) Robin was NOT artistically involved in making.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #576 on: April 07, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »

It's kinda amazing that one's support for the band gets questioned just because you respect a member's decisions and/or choices.

It's also interesting to see how Robin went from being "just a guitar player in GN'R" to everyone's favorite in a day or so.

I lost count on how many times I saw posts pointing out his "mistakes" during the 2006 tour. I guess it's the old thing about not knowing what you got until it is, or it might be (we don't know which yet), gone.

It's like you can't be happy with what you got. You have to pick it apart and find faults.

Then when something changes, the things you were picking apart and finding faults in, suddenly were perfect!

/jarmo

That's the people who's not really happy with GN'R. That kind of people doesn't work for me.

Right now, there's a lot of people who hated (and still doing it) Finck and Guns N' Roses but they want to spread paranoia, discomfort, etc.

There's a lot of people who says "Owww...that's bad, without Robin there's no more GN'R" just for bother.

I say fuck that!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #577 on: April 07, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »

Is it a coincidence that some of these fans turn up every time there's some, even remotely, bad news?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #578 on: April 07, 2008, 12:03:45 PM »

No, is not.

They enjoy bad news...

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #579 on: April 07, 2008, 12:09:28 PM »

/jarmo

That's why you should ignore those people! Those people aren't fans of the band anyway.

I think (hope) you can understand the disappointment of the people who truly are fans of the band and Robin.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: