Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 12, 2024, 03:41:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228436 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 769430 times)
ben9785
« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »

I will be SHOCKED if Robin isn't along-side when GN'R finally gets rolling again. He's just simply (along with Axl, Dizzy and Tommy) too important to everything that has gone on with this band the last 10 years for him to permanently step aside before this "beautiful ship" sails... and certainly Axl is aware of that. So I refuse to mourn his "departure". It's only aggravating that this would seem to signal that GN'R's return will be at the end of 2008 at the earliest.

In the meantime, thank GOD lead guitar is in the very capable hands of Richard Fortus and Ron Thal. At least it's not like when Robin left the first time and GN'R was basically empty-handed.

Your post is very true. Even if GNR can't replace Robin, there are still two very capable guitarists in the band who can keep rolling. BUT; just like you said also, he's been a big part of the rebirth of the band alongside Axl.

Anyway, as anxious I may seem in my previous posts (and I apologize if I'm getting too carried away), we still have to wait for official word before we really get concerned about it.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #521 on: April 06, 2008, 10:56:02 PM »

I am still having trouble finding anything that says the NIN thing is a WORLD TOUR.  They say there are more dates to come, but couldn't that just be filling in dates in the US?  They toured for Year Zero everywhere but here, why can't this be a US only tour and Robin be back when it's done?Huh?

Finck and Fownes will join Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini and Josh Freese for a world tour beginning July in North America.

Blabbermouth.net

And since when was Blabbermouth the be and and end all???  Nothing from Nine Inch Nails calls this a world tour yet.  Let's wait to hear from Trent, Axl, and most importantly Robin!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
ben9785
« Reply #522 on: April 06, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »

I am still having trouble finding anything that says the NIN thing is a WORLD TOUR.  They say there are more dates to come, but couldn't that just be filling in dates in the US?  They toured for Year Zero everywhere but here, why can't this be a US only tour and Robin be back when it's done?Huh?

Finck and Fownes will join Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini and Josh Freese for a world tour beginning July in North America.

Blabbermouth.net

Yeah here is a link to the article:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94267

No, Blabbermouth is not the be all end all, but this article is a general statement which has been passed around to all the major news sources. There's no reason for it to be fabricated or doubted for any reason, because yes NIN are going on a world tour just like they have in the past to support "Ghosts I-IV".

And no, we don't know how long Robin is committing for NIN, but the lineup that Trent assembles prior to a world tour stay on for the whole world tour obviously, unless there is health issues etc
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:01:03 PM by ben785 » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #523 on: April 06, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »

the orig article from velvet rope was labeled as a "press release"

its posted in the first post of the thread

Nine Inch Nails 2008 touring lineup has been completed. Returning member Robin Finck and new addition Rich Fownes will join Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini and Josh Freese for a world tour beginning July in North America.

Finck has served in numerous touring configurations of NIN, from tours supporting The Downward Spiral (1994-1997) to The Fragile (2000-2001). More recently, he played in Guns N Roses. Fownes has been performing with UNKLE, and has been a member of With Scissors and The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster.

The upcoming tour will feature the live debut of material from the recently released Ghosts I-IV alongside songs spanning the entire NIN catalogue.

the press release was followed by an image posted by trent reznor on the official NIN web page
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:29:45 PM by Neemo » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #524 on: April 06, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »

It shouldn't  have to  take some obscure as hell joint statement by 7 different highly official channels to clear things up. Actually it even  isn't Trent's or Axl's goddamned business to start giving some highly detailed info about Robin Finck's loyalities and status; it would be best to be taken care of by the man himself. Who else could do it better than he?
I concede to your point and will modify my statement:

Unless this is some really lame asshole joke on his part, Trent's a real dickhead for posting Robin's pic without some joint statement with Robin or at least giving him the chance to first post it on his own site and/or in his own words.

Some people have forgotten Robin Finck isn't some ragdoll without own will (even though he is very flexible)  that gets tossed around between Trent Reznor and Axl Rose.  He is an actual person!wow!
(Again, unless this is all some really lame-ass joke) .... IMO, this "announcement" makes Robin look like a puppet that Trent is manipulating for some free publicity to promote Trent's tour/album.

Got to hand it to him.  It obviously worked.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ben9785
« Reply #525 on: April 06, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »

I don't think at this time Trent and Robin are too concerned on fans response. I think, if anything, they would be more interested in the positive feedback from NIN fans. While I'm sure he appreciates GNR fans, Robin has obviously been wary of a future with GNR based on his previous departure.

But again, we don't know any of this for sure until someone speaks..

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #526 on: April 07, 2008, 12:27:53 AM »

July - September

2 months.

No problem

ben9785
« Reply #527 on: April 07, 2008, 12:37:25 AM »

July - September

2 months.

No problem

But this is only the CURRENT DATES announced.

There is ALOT more to come. Particularly if Robin is indeed going to be involved in the full world tour.

If he's part of the world tour, there is no doubt this will last until early 2009.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #528 on: April 07, 2008, 01:05:17 AM »

July - September

2 months.

No problem

But this is only the CURRENT DATES announced.

There is ALOT more to come. Particularly if Robin is indeed going to be involved in the full world tour.

If he's part of the world tour, there is no doubt this will last until early 2009.

Do a google search for nine inch nails and press releases and see what you get.  So far we have a post on a blog that got picked up by blabbermouth and people are taking this as the gospel.  There is no press release as far as I can tell.  Press releases are typically public domain and can be easily found once published.  I cannot find an official press release...simply references to one.  Where is the press release?  I am with Ulises, until we know differently..."two months, no problem."

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #529 on: April 07, 2008, 01:09:34 AM »

Some of you guys worry, way too much.
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #530 on: April 07, 2008, 01:25:27 AM »

Some of you guys worry, way too much.
Exactly.  Robin has not left GnR and Slash is not Robin's replacement and Chinese Democracy is not cancelled. Geez talk about over-reacting. Robin is simply doing something on the side. I mean if recording/mixing and mastering was done late 2007(which i think is bullshit, it was done in 2006, why else would Axl list March 6th 2007 as a release if it wasnt mixed/mastered?) then Robin has been doing nothing GnR related since the 07 tour which finished in September i think. I honestly think Robin knows the album ain't coming out this year so he might as well be doing something he enjoys(performing) and make some money out of it.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #531 on: April 07, 2008, 01:37:13 AM »

Im with younggunner on this one, it does seem strange how you can defend this lineup for almost ten years and all of a sudden, you don't care whether the guitarist is leaving..

When all of the members left it hurt. And we moved on. But why did we move on? Because the new members were great !
If Robin leaves and gets replaced by someone who we dont appreciate it will suck.

I do see that some people are just supporting the GNR name (that , or just Axl) instead of appreciating the players in the band... Because it is a band , isnt it ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #532 on: April 07, 2008, 01:47:25 AM »

Im with younggunner on this one, it does seem strange how you can defend this lineup for almost ten years and all of a sudden, you don't care whether the guitarist is leaving..

It's not that we don't care about Robin leaving, IF he's leaving.

It's just that at this point, and after all the support from the fans, which is pretty obvious from this thread, it would be stupid of him to leave the band for NIN...

I know for a fact that Robin loves to play live (you can see it in his performances), and that's probably the reason he's doing this, but at this point IF he leaves GN'R for NIN (which I still doubt), I won't forgive him...

Once again, I'm one of the most fanatics about Robin in GN'R. From the second I saw him back in 2001 in the RIR3 gig, a gig which I never liked in general, I loved his stage presence. And he was so different and not GN'R style back then...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:49:12 AM by Christos AG » Logged

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #533 on: April 07, 2008, 02:39:11 AM »

Why do you guys worry so much ?

He's just doing something else while waiting for CD to be released. Why all the speculations ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #534 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:13 AM »

i bet there's no way CD is going to be released in the time he's going to be on tour or something (or there's going to be no tour in the time he's playing with nin).  so he's going to go play with NIN until the album is released/the tour happens.

robin doesn't seem like the kind of guy (from what i've read) that would just leave gnr without having a good reason.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #535 on: April 07, 2008, 02:53:33 AM »

Robin has left before due to inactivity.  I'm not surprised but I HOPE he comes back...no sign of CD once again...HORRIBLE!
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #536 on: April 07, 2008, 04:22:13 AM »

doesn't even come close to Robin when it comes to showmanship/stage presence. I've read people on other music related boards say that he stole the show for them in 2006 and they hated him before that.

I went to a few shows together with a whole group in 2006.... they all (and I) thought Finck was the least impressive guitarist and were most impressed by Fortus. Live too sloppy, sounding embarrassing many times even, noone can deny that  peace

I don't think he left GnR, this is just a few months touring with NIN.. but if he left, I see no problem. People who now pretend he is GnR should get a grip  hihi

This signature is very funny.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #537 on: April 07, 2008, 04:23:54 AM »

Gotta love the lack of confirmation from anyone.
Ah well, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway- ChiDem will come out when it comes out regardless; if he's in, GnR will continue; if he's out, GnR will continue.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2008, 04:30:05 AM »

A lot of enthusistic Robin fans here Grin

I wholeheartedly agree it sad to see him go if that is the case, it would be big loss to GunsN'Roses.
-But it's still (obviously) elements in this band that will make me and others stay around if he is gone to stay gone.

Things will still go on peace

We are left with great bootlegs, memories and his 10 year involvement in this music. Wink
...im getting the vibe of "GNR will just move on"....sorta like Robin is just another number
You wan't us to whine and be hateful? Tongue
It IS sad, he is special, but as I said...what we're left with still means a lot to me and thousands of others.
And when the band slowly changes members before they even begin you expect people to just move on with whatver is on the stage?
Yes, you grief, you go on or give it up. But feel free to take your time ok

The Doors: Jim isn't in it anymore= I have no intrest and don't follow the band. It's very simple, really.
Does it suck he is gone? oh yeah. yes

Nazareth: Drummer passed away, guitarist left. Singer and Baseplayer tour as Nazareth with new musicians. Sad loss, but many still values the current band and treasure whats left of what they loved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KnMnmLObA Is it still a band or not? hihi
But the more times the lineup changes the less meaningful it becomes
Thats how it is with everything.

A group (family, band etc) can still remain meaningful and relevant to us in many ways when things change.
Afterall, we are just fans of a band. Our losses, for us thats still young, will be far greater than some line-up change to a band.

We'll see our friends die, our parents die, our family die...yet, many of us will be happy and content with our life in our 80's-90's.

Should we be bitter and frustrated instead? Tongue
It's hard to to try be happy with what you have, but it helps with practise beer
I'll still love guns no matter what, but it just won't be the same without Robin....
Yeah, but it never was...not without Steven, Matt, Gilby, Slash, Buckethead, Roberta, Izzy etc
Ok, so maybe Finck is gone? Ok...then thats sad, but maybe it will be exiting to check out a new, unique guitarist that might join?
then gnr has been an Axl Rose solo project since 1985ish??
Who cares about the name. Huh

I am not on this site because of the name "GunsN'Roses".
I come here because of Axl Rose and the new elements he choosed to incorprate in his upcoming music. Very intresting.

Thats the reason why for many of us, hearing Axl Rose on Bach's songs, with WHATEVER musicians played those riffs is real cool to us.
A lot of Bucketheadfans who become GnR fans with following Bucket left with him, if you're still here...well, enjoy beer
but if robin decides to leave, this band is finally over!
For you, yes.
The band will still sell out concerts, merch, albums and still be special to people without Robin...I can assure you of that. Kiss

I wish he remains as a member, if not I hope they get someone cool peace
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:34:58 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2008, 05:21:34 AM »

Well i hope Robin doesn't leave. but i can't understand people in here saying they won't forgive him if he will..

everyone seems to forget Robin has Given 11 years of his life to Guns N Roses, and for this long time he still didn't see any music released by the band.

If he is in any way frustrated by all of this, he's damn right to be, and his decisions are his to be made.

i respect Robin regardless of what he choses to do. He has been in a band where he gets abuse from media and fans for not being the top hatted guy who played guitar before him. And on top of this he still couldn't promote his own songs with the band.

And regardless of what reasons may exist behind the delays, 11 years is still is a long time in someone's life, so if he choses to leave i think it's at least understandable and i don't think anyone can fault him for not giving enough for the band or fans, he gave 11 years of his life. as far as i know, that's more than Slash ever did.

But still, i truely believe this is just a tour gig, a respected gig still, and nothing more.

If not, i wish him the Best and i'm still a fan of his music and his live performances
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:23:49 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: