Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 06:46:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228455 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 771315 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #480 on: April 06, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »

If Robin hasn't quit the band we would have known by now. Last year when the rumors that Brain had quit surfaced, we knew within hours that it wasn't the case. Same thing with Tommy and Soul Asylum and when everyone though Richard quit and joined NIN in 2005. If it was good news, we would know by now....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #481 on: April 06, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »

i demand the band to be a band and not a revolving door of hired musicians.

I ask you the same I asked Younggunner.

Did you see them live in 2006? Wasn't it a band?

the difference between you and me is, that you seem to be a fan of axl and everything he brings on to be part of gnr.

In other words, Guns N' Roses. As I said.

the real problem is axl`s incapability to release a record anyways.

Another one who chooses to make up his mind based on guesses!

You must've missed all the people who said it's due to the record company holding it up. But I guess when you can just make shit up, it's easier....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »

If Robin hasn't quit the band we would have known by now. Last year when the rumors that Brain had quit surfaced, we knew within hours that it wasn't the case. Same thing with Tommy and Soul Asylum and when everyone though Richard quit and joined NIN in 2005. If it was good news, we would know by now....

Honestly, I'm not so sure, given that most of this hit during the weekend.  We'll know soon enough either way, I hope.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #483 on: April 06, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »

i demand the band to be a band and not a revolving door of hired musicians.

I ask you the same I asked Younggunner.

Did you see them live in 2006? Wasn't it a band?

i saw them two times. of course they were a band. i previously stated, that i accepted ron to be a touring member of the band. when i saw them the second time and brain had left, the experience was worse, but i still accepted brain leaving to be with his child. if robin leaves and they decide to tour without him, i`ll have a hard time deciding to see them live....

the difference between you and me is, that you seem to be a fan of axl and everything he brings on to be part of gnr.

In other words, Guns N' Roses. As I said.

to me there`s an old gnr and a new gnr. nothing in between....... i respect your view on this matter, but i`d like you to respect mine as well. i personally think it`s sad what happened to the line up of my favourite band since 2004. i don?t think axl takes this pullouts as friviously as you seem to do. the band tried to get buckethead back. buckethead, brain and finck remain on the record. and you might remember axl`s comments about having an emotional relation to robin`s parts, but not wanting them on the album thoguh, when he left in 1999....

the real problem is axl`s incapability to release a record anyways.

Another one who chooses to make up his mind based on guesses!

You must've missed all the people who said it's due to the record company holding it up. But I guess when you can just make shit up, it's easier....  Roll Eyes

a record has to be finished before it can be released. it wasn`t finished until december 2007..... i also try to defend axl in any possible way, but it became impossible in some regards.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #484 on: April 06, 2008, 07:03:44 PM »

Wow I can't believe we are on 25 pages for this subject. I think that just shows how much people really like Robin in GNR. I personally love him in both bands. Of course I want him in GNR, but in the end I wish him the best either way. I think Robin is just doing what everyone else has been doing. He's trying to keep busy and trying to make a living. He is working with people he is fimilular with, again like everyone else. Trent maybe an ass sometimes but so are a lot of people. I am sure Robin still feels a bit of loyalty to him and the NIN name. Can't say as I blame him.
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2008, 07:05:32 PM »

if robin leaves and they decide to tour without him, i`ll have a hard time deciding to see them live....

Good for you.

to me there`s an old gnr and a new gnr. nothing in between....... 

For me there's Guns N' Roses with various line ups through the band's history.

a record has to be finished before it can be released. it wasn`t finished until december 2007..... i also try to defend axl in any possible way, but it became impossible in some regards.

If you were defending him like you claim, you would know that not everything said and written about him is true.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2008, 07:08:08 PM »

I'm hoping we will hear more at the beginning of the week. It wouldn't have been too much of a pain to just get a few lines in a statement but then again people have lives to live over the weekend away from 'business'. We can only just wait and hope for the best.

Once again though, we don't know how long Robin's planning to commit with NIN, but since he's joined for what is a 'world tour', I can't see him dropping out after just one leg of the tour.

If Robin leaves, it will be a big disappointment because he's been a big part of what GNR have become today as I said before, but if he chooses to move on, we can only hope this won't affect short and long term plans for the band, and I'm sure it won't in the same way that Axl got past the departure of Slash and Buckethead.

Even if Robin plans to return, I think it would be appropriate if he were at the very least back with GNR for the release of the "Chinese Democracy", even if he goes back to NIN after that, since he has been a big part of the progression of the album.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #487 on: April 06, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »

It really is amazing what a few words can do and how they can go a long way

Example being if the Official Site said something along the lines of  :   While Guns N' Roses and management do our best to complete the album and announce a release date, Robin Finck will be keeping his skills sharp by playing with Nine Inch Nails on their next tour. When things are in order in the Gnr camp, and we are ready to tour in support of Chinese Democracy, Robin will be back where he belongs. Talk to you soon.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #488 on: April 06, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »

I'm hoping we will hear more at the beginning of the week. It wouldn't have been too much of a pain to just get a few lines in a statement but then again people have lives to live over the weekend away from 'business'. We can only just wait and hope for the best.

Once again though, we don't know how long Robin's planning to commit with NIN, but since he's joined for what is a 'world tour', I can't see him dropping out after just one leg of the tour.

If Robin leaves, it will be a big disappointment because he's been a big part of what GNR have become today as I said before, but if he chooses to move on, we can only hope this won't affect short and long term plans for the band, and I'm sure it won't in the same way that Axl got past the departure of Slash and Buckethead.

Even if Robin plans to return, I think it would be appropriate if he were at the very least back with GNR for the release of the "Chinese Democracy", even if he goes back to NIN after that, since he has been a big part of the progression of the album.

Agreed, It really depends on Robin's contract, things seemingly being closed to to a release and Robin jumping on NIN train kinda sucks. Im wondering if his contract is over and he didnt re-sign. im sure if he's under contract w/ Axl then if/when GNR is ready he will have to come back

I really hope this is just for the tour
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:28:43 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #489 on: April 06, 2008, 07:22:43 PM »

go back and find my answer

Ok, sorry I missed it.

So you're saying it was a band even though they played material they didn't record or write themselves. Which is the opposite of what you originally claimed.

Thanks.  ok

your concerned about gnr rolling on. to me that tell me you are just supporting the gnr name.

No, I'm supporting the band Guns N' Roses.   Smiley

You're supporting something that once was and hoping for it to return.

/jarmo

The 2006 lineup still had its lead guitarist playing with them. I wish Bucket remained,...but I never said they couldnt move on. Plus his stuff will remain on that album. So that tells should tell you what Axl thinks of my "hero" as you put it.

Now a band without Robin has no meaning. He has been there lead guitarist since day 1. The band we all fell in love with and defended and wanted to show off to the world has slowly broken up before they even started...and thats ashame if you ask me.

You can act all non chalant about this and thats fine. Like I said the members in this band are just a number for you. Filling the space. For me, they werent. They were an actual band.

I guarentee anyone that Axl is def hurt by this. That is why we havnt heard anything yet.

The fact that Axl assembled a new lineup that people felt/feel strongly about says something. He had the ingredients to make a respectable gnr band again. Like he once had. I think a lot of people here dont give enough credit to Axl in regards to that. Axl wants to have a band. Yea he wants the control but he also wants a BAND. And he has worked so godam hard over the yrs to give himself and us that again. The band from has had an image....And like I said slowly but surely they are leaving.

If he didnt care about Bucket he would have never made a zillion concessions for the guy. Then try to get him to come back right before Hammerstein despite him quitting

And he would have never stuck with Robin for a decade if he didnt value him

And lets not forget Tommy. I suggest all of you to find the TWAT bootleg from the first Hammerstein show and listen to what Axl was saying about Tommy right before that song......he was almost a goner too

So yes gnr will move on but again....it becomes less and less special as the faces change.

So forgive me for loving the old new lineup. I didnt know that was a crime. And I dont think Axl does either.....

People dont have the same views as you. And people certainly dont want or need you telling them how a gnr fan should feel.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:28:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »

I wish Bucket remained,...

Put it in your signature or something.

Now a band without Robin has no meaning.

So I assume you won't post here ever again if he choses to leave the band?

Promise?

You can act all non chalant about this and thats fine. Like I said the members in this band are just a number for you. Filling the space.

Speak for yourself.

You've gone on and on about how much you miss Buckethead while Ron has been in the band kicking ass.

Disrespectful in my opinion.

I don't go on year after year about how I wish people were there instead of the guys who are actually in the band.

For me, they werent. They were an actual band.

Excuse me?

You said they weren't a band because people left and they played songs not written by them. Then you said the band you saw in 2006 was a band, now they're still a band.

You're contradicting yourself.

The fact that Axl assembled a new lineup that people felt/feel strongly about says something. He had the ingredients to make a respectable gnr band again. Like he once had. I think a lot of people here dont give enough credit to Axl in regards to that.

Yeah, it speaks volumes. He didn't intend for the band to stop being a band even when people left.

I don't know what your problem is. If Robin is leaving, which we don't know yet, what exactly is it that you want to happen?

I get the impression that this band makes you feel really really bad.

I hope that you can find something that makes you happy instead of dwelling on "this band which isn't a band and has no meaning".

People dont have the same views as you. And people certainly dont want or need you telling them how a gnr fan should feel.

This is from the guy who wants to have a discussion, but as soon as I discuss something with you, you turn to insults and try to attack me.

Every fucking time!

What a fucking surprise!

If you really really want to discuss something, you need to fucking accept the fact that I might reply to your posts. Don't get so fucking surprised. It's what you wanted, a discussion.

This is not some blog where you can just proclaim your love for Buckethead and nobody will respond.

So, Younggunner. Let's have a little fun here and play a game. If the choice was between getting Buckethead back and Robin staying. Who would you choose?

I assume you'd choose Robin staying since the band has no meaning without him, to use your own words.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:02:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »

So, Younggunner. Let's have a little fun here and play a game. If the choice was between getting Buckethead back and Robin staying. Who would you choose?
/jarmo

In that game I would choose Bucket. But, that's pretty obvious coming from me anyhow!

Being obvious starts now!!

p.s. Jarmo, can you 'reach out' to camp GNR and get us an update on the Robin situation?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #492 on: April 06, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »

So I assume you won't post here ever again if he choses to leave the band?

Promise?

Na Ill stick around. Axl Rose has been too much of a positive influence on me to just abandon him because Robin Finck leaves.

I know you really dont want me around here. Its quite obivious. But since I like you so much Ill stick around.

You've gone on and on about how much you miss Buckethead while Ron has been in the band kicking ass.

Disrespectful in my opinion.

I don't go on year after year about how I wish people were there instead of the guys who are actually in the band.

Your the one who keeps bringing up Bucket. My original post that you deleted and posts since have nothing to do with Bucket. Itsd about Finck. Bucket gets brought up because now we dont have any lead guitarists....

How am I disrespecting Ron? Hes a very good player. But in a perfect world he wouldnt need to be here.

You might not go on about old lineup just like I cant change with the flavor of the week.

I connected with the new lineup. Particularly the 2002-2004ish lineup. I was content with the 2006 lineup. Now your removing another main cog. Its not so easy. Like I said it becomes less and less special in regards to the band as the faces change.

I don't know what your problem is. If Robin is leaving, which we don't know yet, what exactly is it that you want to happen?
I dont really have a problem. It was his choice he left he left. Nothing can be done. But that doesnt mean I have to move on so quickly.

My main problem is how people have this they will just move on mentality like its a bunch of numbers or something. Yea they will move on but half of you were the same people "defending" that lineup for yrs when people dissed and ragged on them yr after yr. It just makes me wonder if some of you were sincere about that or were just doing it because of the GNR name.

I get the impression that this band makes you feel really really bad.

I hope that you can find something that makes you happy instead of dwelling on "this band which isn't a band and has no meaning".

Thanks for telling me how I am. I always appreciate your description of my life. Being that you do it...ill take a stab at it....I forget what show its from I wanna say Chicago 1992....Axl rants about how people try to control what you think and say....it was a great rant....when I hear that rant...I think of youhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnuLIZpPkY particularly the ending....keeping people hush hush

o, Younggunner. Let's have a little fun here and play a game. If the choice was between getting Bucketthead back and Robin staying. What would you choose?

I assume you'd choose Robin staying since the band has no meaning without him, to use your own words.

First off I said now that Robin is gone...on top of losing Bucket and Brain.... the band has no meaning/identity.

As for who I rather have...Idk thats a tough call. In a perfect world they both would be there. If I had to choose Idk, I think musically Bucket is better but Robin is right up there. I might have to give the nod to Robin because he seemed to be more loyal and "into it".....

p.s. Jarmo, can you 'reach out' to camp GNR and get us an update on the Robin situation?
yea cmon Jarmo...help us out Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:17:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »

As much as I love back-and-forth semantic arguing and/or flat out attacks - as well as the occasional intelligent, sincere debate - I can only hope word on Robin comes from somewhere official and SOON, if only so 99% of these petty, past-dwelling posts can go away.

In the meantime, how about a "Get in the Ring" section of the board to re-route threads that degenerate into personal arguments?

PS- if the past is any indication, Jarmo will clarify and let us know whatever he can the second something official comes from the band.  Until then, we wait.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:08:24 PM by bazgnr » Logged
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #494 on: April 06, 2008, 08:08:18 PM »

/jarmo

I know you're not asking me this but I'll answer anyway.

Two words: Zakk Fucking Wylde!!  ok

And by the way, just my two cents so long as it was just brought up in this thread, it's not just Axl's fault nor the record company's fault for "holding it up". It's the people's fault. Or whoever's fault it is that people don't buy albums anymore. Axl and the label spent $x millions of dollars and spent so long on it that the general public doesn't even buy records anymore. It's called a "clusterfuck". It's Axl's fault for taking so long, it's the record company's fault for investing so much in it and allowing production to continue, it's the record business in general's fault for being so greedy and screwing the industry up so bad that no one buys albums anymore, and its everyone's fault for never buying albums anymore and treating music like its worthless.

But anyway, Zakk Wylde and a free Diet Wild Cherry Caffeine Free Dr Pepper sounds good to me. Or Robin can go on tour this summer with Nails and stay in GN'R. I'm happy either way.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #495 on: April 06, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »

Two words: Zakk Fucking Wylde!!

isnt that 3 words
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »

Na Ill stick around.

Really? But if Robin leaves, the band has no meaning.

Axl Rose has been too much of a positive influence on me to just abandon him becuase Robin Finck leaves.

Oh, I didn't get that impression from your latest posts about this not being a band and how the band has no meaning.

I know you really dont wnat me around here. Its quite obivious. But since I like you so much Ill stick around.

Couldn't care less.

You keep contradicting yourself in every other post and when I question you, you either tell me how I shouldn't try to tell people how to think or that I'm not a fan.

You want a discussion, that's bullshit. You want people to pat you on the head and say "Dude your post was like totally awesome!1!1!1!!1oneone!"

How am I disrespecting Ron? Hes a very good player. But in a perfect world he wouldnt need to be here.

Right there. "I wish you weren't here".

That's something negative. You're not really supporting the band because in reality, you wish certain people wouldn't be there.

I connected with the new lineup. Particularly the 2002-2004ish lineup.

Oh right.

The line up or Buckethead?

I dont really have a problem. It was his choice he left he left. Nothing can be done. But that doesnt mean I have to move on so quickly.

Quickly? You're already grieving the loss while we don't even know anything!

You're already claiming how this band has no meaning or how it's not a band when they're not playing they're own songs. And in 2006 they were playing a bunch of old songs that they didn't write, the funny part is that you still considered them to be a band...

My main problem is how people have this they will just move on mentality like its a bunch of numbers or something.

What do you want people to do?

Should there be a week of grieving? A month?

And if I'm not supposed to tell people how they should feel, what gives you the right to be upset if others don't share your feelings or mindset? Isn't that being a hypocrite?

Yea they will move on but half of you were the same people "defending" that lineup for yrs when people dissed and ragged on them yr after yr. It just makes me wonder if some of you were sincere about that or were just doing it because of the GNR name.

It's pretty simple.

Most of us supported them because they were/are in GN'R and they proved that they have what it takes to be in the band.

Thanks for telling me how I am. I always appreciate your description of my life. Being that you do it...ill take a stab at it....I forget what show its from I wanna say Chicago 1992....Axl rants about how people try to control what you think and say....it was a great rant....when I hear that rant...I think of you

I'm touched that I have that kind of effect on your life, that you think of me while listening to GN'R.  Embarrassed

I made a comment based on your posts, that don't come of as very positive and you make another attack at me.

See above. You're upset because some of us aren't being upset enough. What gives you the right to decide who upset we should be?

First off I said now that Robin is gone the band has no meaning/identity.

Why are you moving so quickly?

You really are a hypocrite.

I get attacked for trying to control what people think while you're upset because I'm not upset enough by this news.

You want a discussion, but when I disagree with you, you try to attack and insult me.

I get it.

And then you keep this up and end up banned, it's only because you don't think like me.  hihi

Fucking amazing!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:26:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #497 on: April 06, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

It's a valid point J, but the Mets are a team that shows up and plays 161 games a year, regardless of the players - it's what they exist for
WRONG!!!  The Mets only showed up for 150 games last season. lmao

ON TOPIC:  IF Robin does leave, I call first dibs on his FREE Dr. Pepper coupon!!!

ON TOPIC II:  Unless this is some really lame asshole joke on his part, Trent's a real dickhead for posting Robin's pic without some joint statement with GNR.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #498 on: April 06, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »

ON TOPIC II:  Unless this is some really lame asshole joke on his part, Trent's a real dickhead for posting Robin's pic without some joint statement with GNR.

Especially on a weekend when no one is available for comment.

I highly doubt it's a joke though, he had to know the implication to both NIN and GNR by posting that on the site.

I do think the man has some sick kind of sense of humor though.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »

Really? But if Robin leaves, the band has no meaning.
again.....if robin leaves this band becomes less meaningful. why? because Bucket and RObin have played a big role in making of CD...replacements will do the job but it would have been more meaningful to see the actual memebrs that created it play it....plus they are lead guitarists.....get it now?

you either tell me how I shouldn't try to tell people how to think or that I'm not a fan.
pot calling the kettle black

You want people to pat you on the head and say "Dude your post was like totally awesome!1!1!1!!1oneone!"

no

btw nice Bach impersonation ok

That's something negative. You're not really supporting the band because in reality, you wish certain people wouldn't be there.
i have and am going to support them but again....it would have been more special if it was the old new lineup....

Oh right.

The line up or Buckethead?
Both!! yes

I made a comment based on your posts, that don't come of as very positive and you make another attack at me.I get attacked for trying to control what people think while you're upset because I'm not upset enough by this news.

You want a discussion, but when I disagree with you, you try to attack and insult me.

I get it.

And then you keep this up and end up banned, it's only because you don't think like me.  

Fucking amazing!

Classic respnse from you. You are hot stuff Jarmo. This is how you debate me on everything. Your the first to make some smart ass comment about me to change it into an attack game. Then you cry that I started it. I love it.

for the 10000000000th if you cant handle "personal attacks" then dont try to be a smart ass and dish them out first. Its very simple

As for banning me. Again. I know you want me to slip up badly. That is why you change the convo into personal attack mode. SO again, I know its your house, your rules....but if you wanna dish out attacks you cant claim sensitivity when it gets thrown back at ya....i guess you could but then I can call you a  Lips Sealed ok

anyways back to the discussion....

I dont want people to do anything. I just find it strange that some are ho hum about it. Im not saying noone should move on or whatever but it jst seems strange to me...but hey what do I know

And in 2006 they were playing a bunch of old songs that they didn't write, the funny part is that you still considered them to be a band...
because we all thought they were working towards something bigger. I didnt agree with the 06 tour if you remember. But it wasnt that big of a deal because they were working towards the release and touring of CD. I knew that once that album was out the focus would be on that. So I could live with them playing the old stuff to hold us over......
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:38:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: