Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 06:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228455 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 771309 times)
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #460 on: April 06, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »

let su not forget, GNR tried Zakk and that didn't work out.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #461 on: April 06, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »

Since you're in the NYC area. Did you see them live in 2006?

Was it a band?

yes and yes.

Although Bucket leaving was a loss in my mind, I never said they couldnt get by with the 06 lineup....now your not only losing him but add Finck to the loss column. How many more setbacks can one take? As I stated in my original post that you deleted, the more lineup changes the less special this becomes

your concerned about gnr rolling on. to me that tell me you are just supporting the gnr name. which is fine...we all are...but a lof of us got into that 2000-2004 lineup.....we all felt that they could represent gnr well and the material they made for the album will be amazing. its just ashame we cnat see them play it live....

i wholeheartedly agree with you younggunner ok

i became a fan in 2002-2003 and i became a fan of the new band. the line up, that played the vma`s is gnr to me and that line up is primarily featured on the album.

the loss of buckethead was bearable for a live tour. when brain left it was just a temporary thing, which i thought was ok....   but if robin decides to leave, this band is finally over!

i sincerely hope at least brain and robin will stay part of the gnr camp. a return of buckethead would be nice as well. he brought something very unique to this band. you might disagree with this jarmo, axl wouldn`t.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #462 on: April 06, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »

have stated GNR is a band.
how can this current lineup be a band f 3 of their main pieces....particularly Robin are gone?

How can Mets be a team when Piazza isn't there?

A band is a group of people. It doesn't stop being a band if you replace one member of that band.

It's not the same exact line up, but it's still a band.

/jarmo

It's a valid point J, but the Mets are a team that shows up and plays 161 games a year, regardless of the players - it's what they exist for

I don't know if I'd agree that this version of GNR's main focus should be to go out and play gigs based largely on material most of them had no part in composing while not actually producing an album of their own  during that period, but that's not for me to say - whatever Creams their Twinkies..I guess
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #463 on: April 06, 2008, 05:51:45 PM »

a return of buckethead would be nice as well. he brought something very unique to this band. you might disagree with this jarmo, axl wouldn`t.

They all brought something unique to GN'R.

The difference between you and me is that I don't demand the band to be something just for me. It's not for me to decide.

I think the people in the band are capable of making those choices and I support them and their choices.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #464 on: April 06, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »

Nothing is fuckin over.

If Robin decides to leave, so he can tour with NIN, I wish him good luck.

Axl gave him the opportunity to be loved for the music he is capable of writing, not for playing Axl's songs.

If he doesn't feel like a GN'R member anymore then good fuckin luck, and this comes from a person that loves Robin's playing and stage presence, I've told him in person a few times...

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #465 on: April 06, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

Jarmo, I am with you on this one.  People are missing the big picture.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #466 on: April 06, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »

a return of buckethead would be nice as well. he brought something very unique to this band. you might disagree with this jarmo, axl wouldn`t.

The difference between you and me is that I don't demand the band to be something just for me. It's not for me to decide.

I think the people in the band are capable of making those choices and I support them and their choices.

/jarmo

Sure, but don't you just wish he wasn't leaving?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #467 on: April 06, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »

Chinese Blues, there have been a ton of shows with robin and thousands of youtube clips.  I would like for all the members to stay, but, all those tours had no new album. Now we are finally on the brink of a new album and everyone is in a hissy over Finck.  The most important thing to me is the album, WHICH FINCK IS ON.  His legacy is cemented into GNR.  Would I like to see him perform his own solos on songs he helped write?? Sure.  But maybe he is worn out or whatever.  The good news is that the album will be the same forever and he will always be on it.  The only way this effects GNR is on stage, and I think that would only be a short term deal.  I can live with that.  Something that would cause CD not to come out is not something I could handle. 

Right now the first bridge for me is the ALBUM.  We cross that bridge then we can figure out who will and won't tour.  At that point its not as important as what the album is anyway.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #468 on: April 06, 2008, 06:03:27 PM »

Jarmo is talking like he's know something...  nervous

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #469 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »

Chinese Blues, there have been a ton of shows with robin and thousands of youtube clips.  I would like for all the members to stay, but, all those tours had no new album. Now we are finally on the brink of a new album and everyone is in a hissy over Finck.  The most important thing to me is the album, WHICH FINCK IS ON.  His legacy is cemented into GNR.  Would I like to see him perform his own solos on songs he helped write?? Sure.  But maybe he is worn out or whatever.  The good news is that the album will be the same forever and he will always be on it.  The only way this effects GNR is on stage, and I think that would only be a short term deal.  I can live with that.  Something that would cause CD not to come out is not something I could handle. 

Right now the first bridge for me is the ALBUM.  We cross that bridge then we can figure out who will and won't tour.  At that point its not as important as what the album is anyway.

Robin is to a lot of people what slash is to you. He's one of the reasons why I have been so supportive of this band, when I found out he was joining Guns, I knew Axl was putting something special together.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #470 on: April 06, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »

I'd say let's wait for Robin's thoughts about this.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #471 on: April 06, 2008, 06:06:49 PM »

Well that all depends.

Do I wish he was staying if he really wants to leave? No, that would be selfish.

Would things be less dramatic without this piece of news, definitely.

But I also believe that there's always something good that come out of these things. A small example, Buckethead left and we got Ron who ended up playing Don't Cry (with Axl singing it for the first time since the 90s).....

IF he's leaving, we don't know what it means for GN'R yet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #472 on: April 06, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »

Robin is to a lot of people what slash is to you. He's one of the reasons why I have been so supportive of this band, when I found out he was joining Guns, I knew Axl was putting something special together.

I would feel your pain.  But he did get to do a lot of shows like Slash did. And he did record albums like Slash did.  Again, I don't want Finck to leave, but after Buckethead, I won't be surprised.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #473 on: April 06, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »

Well that all depends.

Do I wish he was staying if he really wants to leave? No, that would be selfish.

Would things be less dramatic without this piece of news, definitely.

But I also believe that there's always something good that come out of these things. A small example, Buckethead left and we got Ron who ended up playing Don't Cry (with Axl singing it for the first time since the 90s).....

IF he's leaving, we don't know what it means for GN'R yet.

/jarmo

My thoughts exactly.  Also he has been working with GNR for more than 10 years.  What more can we ask for if he does decide to move on?  
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #474 on: April 06, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »

He's been with GnR since 1997, why would he leave with all thats going on with GnR now. Success World tours in 2006 and 2007, promising promotion and new management in 2008.  Theres a bit of down time now.  He's going to tour with NIN.  Who said anything about leaving ?

Again I'm saying if he was touring with Weezer no one would care, when Tommy toured with Soul Asylum no one cared.  So what's the big deal with Robin?  Let him tour with NIN, and if he wants to leave for good, fuck it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:15:28 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #475 on: April 06, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »

Who said anything about leaving ?

We don't know anything really, but some are acting like it's the end of the world already.

/jarmo

cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #476 on: April 06, 2008, 06:26:09 PM »

Seems to me most of the band members have taken on other jobs while waiting for the release of CD.  What's wrong with that?  Why sit at home and do nothing?  I'm sure once the CD comes out, the band will re-join and perhaps tour and/or do some kind of promotion.  But for the time being, you might as well keep busy. 
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #477 on: April 06, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »

/jarmo

it`s not for me to decide as well. i don`t demand the band to be something just for me, i demand the band to be a band and not a revolving door of hired musicians. i`m one of the biggest fans of the 2002 line up around and i`m a fan of every single member just like i`m a fan of axl, so it should be comprehensible, why it would be so hard to take the possible loss of three substantial band members....

the difference between you and me is, that you seem to be a fan of axl and everything he brings on to be part of gnr.

and it`s not about supporting band member`s decisions to me. the real problem is axl`s incapability to release a record anyways. that`s the reason why buckethead left, why brain left and now the reason for robin`s possible pullout. at least as far as we know. i won`t go into further discussions about this anyways, as i know this is to a large part just my opinion. and i can`t prove it to you.

however, until we know for sure what is going on, these discussions remain useless. i`ll wait for the band to give an update, before i`ll continue to post about this. peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #478 on: April 06, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »

I think your instigating Roll Eyes. How would you know?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #479 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »

I think that fans of the band - fans of the *current* band - are fearful (and understandably so, to an extent), that IF Robin leaves, it will in some way signify a setback in terms of releasing Chinese Democracy, or allowing Guns to move forward.  It's an unfounded fear, but again, understandable.

I feel confident (and time will tell if I end up with egg on my face) that CD will happen in the near future, whether Robin is a "permanent member," a "recording member," a "touring member," or even "no longer a member."

If nothing else, Axl's commitment to ensuring GnR perseveres no matter what and remains committed to his vision and the music they want to make is the one thing I don't question.  And - as bad as Robin POSSIBLY leaving may be - that's more than enough for me.  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: