Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 06:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228455 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 771290 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »

Or would you rather not say until we know for sure?

There's no "for sure" until somebody says something about the plans.

Jarmo, you are posting like Robin already left?  Huh

No.

I'm responding to all those who seem to think a band ends when a member leaves.

They are saying GN'R isn't a band if Robin leaves, I'm disagreeing with that.

/jarmo

What if Axl left?  There goes your theory...

AXL ROSE = GN'R
GN'R = AXL ROSE

you get the picture

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

Are you a GN'R fan?

I'm trying to figure out since you asked.

Do you know who's the guy who has been there since day one?

And generally speaking, a band doesn't have to end when one guy leaves.

how is it a band if 2 key guitar players arent on stage playing their own material?

Since you're in the NYC area. Did you see them live in 2006?

Was it a band?

AXL ROSE = GN'R
GN'R = AXL ROSE

GN'R = Axl + other members

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:51:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »

No.

/jarmo

You didn't read correctly, slow down and read again. He was talking about being a band... if Axl left and some other singer joined, guess what... it would still be a band.

Of course it wouldn't be GnR anymore but that wasn't the topic, i.e. if Robin leaves is it still GnR? ... which would be a hilarious question peace

This signature is very funny.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #443 on: April 06, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »

Was it a band?

yes and yes.

Although Bucket leaving was a loss in my mind, I never said they couldnt get by with the 06 lineup....now your not only losing him but add Finck to the loss column. How many more setbacks can one take? As I stated in my original post that you deleted, the more lineup changes the less special this becomes

your concerned about gnr rolling on. to me that tell me you are just supporting the gnr name. which is fine...we all are...but a lof of us got into that 2000-2004 lineup.....we all felt that they could represent gnr well and the material they made for the album will be amazing. its just ashame we cnat see them play it live....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #444 on: April 06, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »

No.

/jarmo

If Axl leaves...there's no more Guns N' Roses.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #445 on: April 06, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

[/quote]

GN'R = Axl + other members

/jarmo
[/quote]

i meant that there is no GN'R without AXL. if he left he would simply take the name with him

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #446 on: April 06, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »

Although Bucket leaving was a loss in my mind, I never said they couldnt get by with the 06 lineup...

but a lof of us got into that 2000-2004 lineup.....we all felt that they could represent gnr well and the material they made for the album will be amazing. its just ashame we cnat see them play it live....

Bucket and Fortus is all this band needs ok

This signature is very funny.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #447 on: April 06, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »

Although Bucket leaving was a loss in my mind, I never said they couldnt get by with the 06 lineup...

but a lof of us got into that 2000-2004 lineup.....we all felt that they could represent gnr well and the material they made for the album will be amazing. its just ashame we cnat see them play it live....

How can you even say that? Robin has been an integral part of this band for 10 years. He deserves more respect then he is getting from some people here. I hope he comes back, he brings so much to this band.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #448 on: April 06, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »

How can you even say that? Robin has been an integral part of this band for 10 years. He deserves more respect then he is getting from some people here. I hope he comes back, he brings so much to this band.

Totally totally agree!

IDEM!

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #449 on: April 06, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »

Okay, I guess I have to say it.  Every member of this band except Axl is very replaceable.  Some here act like Finck is Eddie Van Halen. So you say, "who could do what Robin does?"  Very simple, a guy like Zakk Wylde could capture the feel of Finck but with better precision, vocals, and solos.  Which brings me back to, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT FINCK DOES AT THIS POINT.  The studio work is done and that is most important.  In a live setting a number of players could easily pull off what Finck does.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2008, 05:09:12 PM »

Okay, I guess I have to say it.  Every member of this band except Axl is very replaceable.  Some here act like Finck is Eddie Van Halen. So you say, "who could do what Robin does?"  Very simple, a guy like Zakk Wylde could capture the feel of Finck but with better precision, vocals, and solos.  Which brings me back to, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT FINCK DOES AT THIS POINT.  The studio work is done and that is most important.  In a live setting a number of players could easily pull off what Finck does.

Robin is a VERY IMPORTANT part of Guns N' Roses. Obviously is not Axl Rose but is a VITAL PART

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »

You're wrong. Zakk might be a great player but he doesn't even come close to Robin when it comes to showmanship/stage presence. I've read people on other music related boards say that he stole the show for them in 2006 and they hated him before that.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »

In a live setting a number of players could easily pull off what Finck does.

thats fine but then gnr isnt a band and it becomes NIN part 2

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2008, 05:17:52 PM »

who cares, it's all about music in the end. I totally agree with chineseblues. Robin is unique part of GNR, regardless of what the current lineup haters say. for me personally, it would be a shame if he leaves. on the other hand, Smoking Guns is also right by saying that the studio work is (supposedly) done. that is most important - because it might be 3 albums or so = the whole Chinese Democracy trilogy. after that, who knows. Robin might not be needed for many next years, or could be available just for a tour - which is cool enough.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »

I think people should give Robin Finck credit where its due.    I believe his stage presence is about equal that of Axl's, and his place in the band is a huge factor in Guns N' Roses still being my favorite band after all these years.    He's unique, he is his own, and he is genuine.  His departure would be a major loss.   Not saying GnR couldn't recover, but it would be a loss.    I'm sure GnR will be fine no matter what, Axl always manages to do what he needs to do.

Deep down, I know Robin will be back in GNR when its time.    He's recorded 3+ albums worth of material in Guns and I'm sure he's going to want to take it to the road.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »

You must've missed my question.

So, as usual, I'll repeat it:

how is it a band if 2 key guitar players arent on stage playing their own material?

Was it a band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »

go back and find my answer

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »

we all have no idea what robin brings to the table in rehearsals etc. Although we know he wrote the music in better.

In a live sense, to me, he is a very VERY sloppy player, i'd goe as far to say that he was awful on a couple of clips i've seen.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »

go back and find my answer

Ok, sorry I missed it.

So you're saying it was a band even though they played material they didn't record or write themselves. Which is the opposite of what you originally claimed.

Thanks.  ok

your concerned about gnr rolling on. to me that tell me you are just supporting the gnr name.

No, I'm supporting the band Guns N' Roses.   Smiley

You're supporting something that once was and hoping for it to return.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:33:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »

you guys waste so much time arguing with each other...

tomorrow will we know something from GNR official site?
Mysteron, any light on this?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: