Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 742376 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #860 on: April 08, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »

The only news we have so far is a picture on NIN.com.

/jarmo

And now we have "Four Guys Up To Something" Huh

Thats not Robin on the left is it??
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:59:38 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #861 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »

/jarmo

And now we have "Four Guys Up To Something" Huh

Someone commented that he looks like a floating face...so I think he is on the left? Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #862 on: April 08, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »

Sure looks like him.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #863 on: April 08, 2008, 10:20:48 PM »

I like Robin, I'm not as big a fan as some on the board, and I know Axl will find someone just as good if not better than him should Robin decide to split. With that said tho, I was liking that for the past two years there had been more stability in the GnR camp so thats a little disheartening should he leave.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #864 on: April 08, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »

Sure looks like him.

It doesn't look like Robin at all to me.

WHOOPS.

I was looking at the small version. When I clicked on it and saw the bigger one, it's obvious that's Robin.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #865 on: April 08, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »

OK, it's Robin.  Now what?  Some of you are still looking for answers where you will find none.

You guys are all doing exactly what Trent is expecting you to.  Obsessing over tiny tidbits of info.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:28:37 PM by Bandita » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #866 on: April 08, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »

WHOOPS.

I was looking at the small version. When I clicked on it and saw the bigger one, it's obvious that's Robin.

Now that you point that out, you're right! But it does look photo shopped!

Trent is reading this right now laughing at us  Grin
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #867 on: April 08, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »

WHOOPS.

It's Robin, if you click onto the actual photo it's even tagged with his name on flickr.

You bet he's laughing.  It takes him 1 minute to upload something that is sending half of this board into a heart attack state.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #868 on: April 08, 2008, 10:35:25 PM »

WHOOPS.

It's Robin, if you click onto the actual photo it's even tagged with his name on flickr.

You bet he's laughing.  It takes him 1 minute to upload something that is sending half of this board into a heart attack state.

You're kidding yourself if you think Trent has nothing better to do with his time then mess with GNR fans.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #869 on: April 08, 2008, 10:37:14 PM »

WHOOPS.

You're kidding yourself if you think Trent has nothing better to do with his time then mess with GNR fans.

Well, my original point is that the photo is clearly tagged with Robin's name so in effect it's not really messing with anyone.  The message that is being conveyed is fairly clear.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #870 on: April 08, 2008, 10:39:23 PM »

He's not the only one laughing.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #871 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »

Im really shocked Robin has decided to jump ship. It just doesnt make any sense to me. Hopefully we hear something from Robin and Axl soon. Imo, I think he just wanted to move on. He has prob made 2-4 albums for Axl so he figures he has done all that he could and maybe he just doesnt want to tour with GNR anymore. Maybe he grew tired of that. NIN is probably more of his scene. Who knows? Hopefully we will soon.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #872 on: April 08, 2008, 11:32:32 PM »

It does seem odd that Robin would leave a week or so after new managment is announced for both Axl and GNR. Maybe new managment is helping facilitate a direction for Axl's career and the band in a way that Robin does not see himself being apart of. Maybe CD will be looked at as more of a Axl project of collaborative musicians and less of a GNR band type of experiance. Maybe the future is of a more recognizable GNR without a variety of musicians...Robin may see that he will not be apart of Axl's future plans for GNR. Time to carry on where he is wanted and he sure seems very welcomed with Trent, NIN and those fans. He got mixed responses at best in the GNR world. I really feel this stems from new managment and Axl's future plans which Robin may not be totally comfortable with.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:35:49 PM by jmrgnr » Logged
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #873 on: April 08, 2008, 11:35:33 PM »

/jarmo

Fuck isn't that enoug to speculate 900 pages of thread. You'd think that Axl was about to be announced as someone who was going to make an introduction to the MTV music awards.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #874 on: April 08, 2008, 11:55:42 PM »

It does seem odd that Robin would leave a week or so after new managment is announced for both Axl and GNR. Maybe new managment is helping facilitate a direction for Axl's career and the band in a way that Robin does not see himself being apart of. Maybe CD will be looked at as more of a Axl project of collaborative musicians and less of a GNR band type of experiance. Maybe the future is of a more recognizable GNR without a variety of musicians...Robin may see that he will not be apart of Axl's future plans for GNR. Time to carry on where he is wanted and he sure seems very welcomed with Trent, NIN and those fans. He got mixed responses at best in the GNR world. I really feel this stems from new managment and Axl's future plans which Robin may not be totally comfortable with.
Its a nice theory but unfortunately I dont think its the case. You think Axl would listen to mgmt about who to keep in his band?

I dont buy into any of that along with other theories because Axl was "hurt and surprised" by this.

My original thought process was that Robin was leaving because CD, despite what everyone has been saying, is still not ready and wont be. Or maybe he and Axl had some sort of disagreement.

Imo, I think Robin left because he probably has had enough of GNR. In a good and bad way. The good being he has done everything he could to help Axl re create GNR as a band and musically. He stayed for 10 yrs. There are 3-4 practically ready to be released albums worth of material that he helped created with a descent amount of muscians for GNR. Plus he has tourned the world with the band.

The bad being that he has been in the band for about a decade and nothing has been released. And theres always a possibility that another delay could come up.

I also think he probably just misses the NIN scene. Trent has probably given him more freedom with the recording process and that has probably peaked Robins interest. Which, when you think about it, sucks, because Axl was the one who gave Robin carte blanche, not Trent.

I think we havnt heard anything from Axl because he was blind sided by this. Think about the magnitude of this from his perspective. And its truly why I feel bad for him.

Like I said the other day. There is some invisible force that has done everything possible to make this such a crazy roller coaster ride. Its crazy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:11:01 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #875 on: April 08, 2008, 11:58:01 PM »

Its a nice theory but unfortunately I dont think its the case. You think Axl would listen to mgmt about who to keep in is band or what direction he should go in?

I dont buy into any of that along with other theories because Axl was "hurt and surprised" by this.

My original t

I hought process was that Robin was leaving because CD, despite what everyone has been saying, is still not ready and wont be. Or maybe he and Axl had some sort of disagreement.

Imo, I think Robin left because he probably has had enough of GNR. In a good and bad way. The good being he has done everything he could to help Axl re create GNR as a band and musically. He stayed for 10 yrs. There are 3-4 practically ready to be released albums worth of material that he helped created with a descent amount of muscians for GNR. Plus he has tourned the world with the band.

I also think he probably just misses the NIN scene. Trent has probably given him more freedom with the recording process and that has probably peaked Robins interest.

I think we havnt heard anything from Axl because he was blind sided by this. Think about the magnitude of this from his perspective. And its truly why I feel bad for him.

Like I said the other day. There is some invisible force that has done everything possible to make this such a crazy roller coaster ride. Its crazy

beer I pretty much agree with what you said spot on. I didn't realize how long he's stayed in the band. It's been a decade maybe he is just ready for a new gig.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #876 on: April 09, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »

Its a nice theory but unfortunately I dont think its the case. You think Axl would listen to mgmt about who to keep in his band?

My original thought process was that Robin was leaving because CD, despite what everyone has been saying, is still not ready and wont be. Or maybe he and Axl had some sort of disagreement.

The bad being that he has been in the band for about a decade and nothing has been released. And theres always a possibility that another delay could come up.

I also think he probably just misses the NIN scene. Trent has probably given him more freedom with the recording process and that has probably peaked Robins interest.

Great points.  I don't think its anything personal if he did leave.  Weird how he already changed his style a lot based off the pics. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #877 on: April 09, 2008, 12:16:33 AM »

Great points.  I don't think its anything personal if he did leave.  Weird how he already changed his style a lot based off the pics. 
I dont think so either. But his change in style makes me wonder how long he kept this from Axl. Which would change my opinion of him a lot.

I dont know Robin from a hole in the wall. Cant even gauge him thru interviews because he hasnt said much while in GNR. We dont even know how he feels about Axl or his whole journey to tell you the truth.
 Point being, from what I think I know of Robin, he seems like a pretty calculated guy. Meaning, hes into how he portrays himself. His riddles, pictures, styles, etc. everything he does seems to have a purpose. So with that being said, his change of style and such, leads me to believe its happened awhile ago. I dont think he just shaved the other day and threw on his NIN gear last week. And its bothering me as I realize although he knew about his change in plans he didnt notify the GNR camp till last week. And thats not the cool thing to do. And I would have never expected something like that from Robin.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:25:44 AM by younggunner » Logged

Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #878 on: April 09, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »

I dont think so either. But his change in style makes me wonder how long he kept this from Axl. Which would change my opinion of him a lot.

I dont know Robin from a hole in the wall. Cant even gauge him thru interviews because he hasnt said much while in GNR. We dont even know how he feels about axl or his whole journey to tell you the truth.
 Point being, from what i think I know of Robin, he seems like a pretty calculated guy. Meaning, hes into how he portrays himself. His riddles, pictures, styles, etc. everything he does seems to have a purpose. So with that being said, he change of style and such, leads me to believe its happened awhile ago. I dont think he just shaved the other day and threw on his NIN gear last week. And its bothering me as I realize although he knew about his change in plans he didnt notify the GNR camp till last week. And thats not the cool thing to do. And I would have never expected something like that from Robin.

Maybe there is just no news.  Could it be just that?

I cut my hair last week and wore different clothes today than yesterday.  I must be an enigma as well.  This is getting silly.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #879 on: April 09, 2008, 12:24:24 AM »

I dont know Robin from a hole in the wall. Cant even gauge him thru interviews because he hasnt said much while in GNR. We dont even know how he feels about axl or his whole journey to tell you the truth.
 Point being, from what i think I know of Robin, he seems like a pretty calculated guy. Meaning, hes into how he portrays himself. His riddles, pictures, styles, etc. everything he does seems to have a purpose. So with that being said, he change of style and such, leads me to believe its happened awhile ago. I dont think he just shaved the other day and threw on his NIN gear last week. And its bothering me as I realize although he knew about his change in plans he didnt notify the GNR camp till last week. And thats not the cool thing to do. And I would have never expected something like that from Robin.

YG, you act like he is gone for good, or a really long time.  His look is like 2002, but cooler.  Now he is back to mysterious R o bi n...  I think he does mystery better than hard rock biker dude.  I like his newer look with NIN.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: