Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 743929 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #820 on: April 08, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

If Robin tours with NIN, I mean this isnt gonna be like a short tour. So, can u see Robin going straight from NIN to GNR and touring immediately?

I am just a little concerned with the timing.

Why go back now when it seems things are the closest they have been in forever? I mean the label has the album....... So for Robin to go on tour with another band definitely spells some sort of bad.

There is nothing remotely good about this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #821 on: April 08, 2008, 04:22:10 PM »

These guys all have side gigs, what's the big deal?

A brothers gotta eat!

I can't believe the speculation in this thread, really, it's embarrassing.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #822 on: April 08, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »

Yups the plan is always to release the album isnt'it

2006.    Yes the plan is still to release it and it WILL be released this year.
2007 same old story. 

1999-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-.............2012 (gnr hall of fame)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: April 08, 2008, 04:22:47 PM »

I have not posted in some time, it is even tough now to post but I will give it a shot. I'm a diehard from the start to the end.

I have supported the band through thick and thin, sometimes it is harder then others.

Axl and GNR will get through this no matter what road they have to travel. Someday there will be a new cd.

In my opinion I love Robin, but to be honest we have lost better. Not saying he is gone, but if he is there is nothing we can do to change it.

The sun will come up tomorow.

Reading between the lines my take is GNR knows nothing about this, so until Robin tells them something there is no change.

And I would think with the help of Dr Pepper the record company has to be more motivated then ever to get this thing done, alot of free promotion to save them a buck.

I have said it before and been wrong but I would bet this year is the year.

In the scheme of things we have had 2 very positive steps forward in the last few weeks no reason to get shaken yet.

Also with Dr Pepper updating there blog aboput Robin, that will get news, GNR will have to respond or Robin will. Give it time.  

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Death Cube K
« Reply #824 on: April 08, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »

Why go back now when it seems things are the closest they have been in forever?

He probably know more than we do.

And no, there NOTHING positive about this from a GNR standpoint.

One word: Delay

Ain't exactly talking Hookers n Blow here are we?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »

No, but who cares?

The record is complete, turned in, and Robin is staying busy in the meantime.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »

A brothers gotta eat!

I can't believe the speculation in this thread, really, it's embarrassing.

Yeah but this is a little different than your average side gig.

Dizzy's band is a side project, some of this other stuff is just lets go out, have fun, play a club show.

Nine Inch Nails are more than a side project since Robin was in it already and left and now is back. It wouldnt make any sense for Robin to leave GNR but it definitely seems to be a signal that CD is no closer today than it was 5 years ago.

I think that is what most are up in arms about.

Axl signs a new management team, CD is in the labels hands.......... It just really seems the ball was starting to slowly roll.

Now with this, its just reality telling us that CD is no closer to being released than it ever has been.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #827 on: April 08, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »

No, but who cares?

There's a difference between staying busy and leaving altogether. Most people here are obviously worried more about the latter.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Death Cube K
« Reply #828 on: April 08, 2008, 04:27:35 PM »

Dude, you just don't throw yourself on a NIN tour and tell Reznor: "I can play but when Axl call me I have to go home".

We're looking at at least one year of no GNR touring. Maybe two. Dare I say three? Any higher?

Point two, if you release an album, you tour.

See the problem?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #829 on: April 08, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »

One word: Delay

Not necessarily. More likely album release/tour without Robin. Or, with him, if things change.
We need to wait for things to get sorted out. But assuming a delay in the album release because GN'R wants to wait for Robin to finish his commitments with NIN is pretty naive.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #830 on: April 08, 2008, 04:28:26 PM »

very annoying this time. I think he's obsessed with GNR.

I'm sorry but what is Trent doing this time around to annoy GN'R fans? Trent is focused on his own band, touring, releases. As much as I hate his poaching upon Robin, Trent has abosultely no blame for this. Just because some people feel insecure about what is happening within GN'R shouldn't be a reason to search for blame elsewhere.

did I say I knew trent's intent?

see the timing and his wording. It's annoying.
Death Cube K
« Reply #831 on: April 08, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »

More likely album release/tour without Robin.

Meaning he's out. They didnt tour when Tommy hurt himself. Why can they tour without Robin if the cant without Stinson?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #832 on: April 08, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »

We're looking at at least one year of no GNR touring. Maybe two. Dare I say three? Any higher?

Says who?

You are just running wild with speculation.

This isn't GNR Doomsday scenarios.  Come on.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #833 on: April 08, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »

Meaning he's out. They didnt tour when Tommy hurt himself. Why can they tour without Robin if the cant without Stinson?

2 words:

Bumblefoot
Richard
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #834 on: April 08, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »

Because that tour in 2007 was not in support of the album release. And because the injury happened days before the first tour date and they may not have been able to find anyone to fill in in such a short notice. Also, it would've been unfair to Tommy, considering he wasn't off with another band but just home injured, unless of course they had his blessing, which I'm sure they did.

I didn't say Robin is out. I said that we have to wait until they sort it out. And IF he is out, I don't think this will delay the album release.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #835 on: April 08, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »

Now with this, its just reality telling us that CD is no closer to being released than it ever has been.

I disagree.  I firmly believe that Axl responded to the Dr. Pepper thing (assuming GN'R wasn't behind it as he has clearly stated) because he believes it will be released soon, with a good probability before the end of 2008.  CD has to be closer to release then ever because 1.  Its been confirmed that the record is complete and 2.  Everyday we're closer...thats the passage of time.

And while we eagerly anticipate a formal response regarding the current Robin situation, I would find it hard to believe that Axl was so caught off guard that he found out when we did.  That would be a huge disrespect to Axl, the rest of the band and everyone else involved and if it were true then good riddance.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
guns_n_motley
« Reply #836 on: April 08, 2008, 04:35:15 PM »

the "everyone else has a sidegig" argument is kind of pointless...most sidegigs tend to be "smaller" than the main gig....Dizzy can leave hookers and blow...NIN is pretty big, and robin is going on tour until at LEAST september 08....most likely into 09...

so either
1. no gnr activity for 2008
2.hes left

and its not like there hasnt been activity in the GNR camp that would suggest its just gonna be another "nothing" year....in the span of a week we've had several rumors/news of movement

I dont think GNR "owes me" BUT I dont see the harm in people asking for them to comment???
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #837 on: April 08, 2008, 04:36:23 PM »

I didn't say Robin is out. I said that we have to wait until they sort it out. And IF he is out, I don't think this will delay the album release.

Why would it?  He plays on it so he gets paid just the same, right?  

I don't think any of this will cause any more delays then there already are.

People are just being paranoid.

We all like Robin but in reality it isn't going to ruin our lives even if he did choose to leave GNR.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #838 on: April 08, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »

They didn't tour when Tommy was hurt because he is the "band leader."  Who would have thought the old lineup could have toured without Izzy?  No one, at the time.  They can tour without Robin, but I'll bet if GnR decides to go on tour, a more likely scenario will be that Aaron North will step back in and replace Robin with NIN.  He already knows all the songs anyway.  

From Trent's point of view, he probably doesn't see Axl doing shit for the next year (history is the best predictor of the future), so he'll tour with Robin.  If Chinese Democracy is dropped and GnR plan a tour, then Robin tours with GnR and Trent calls Aaron.  No big deal.  

Too bad these two bands can't tour together.  

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #839 on: April 08, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »

Point two, if you release an album, you tour.

See the problem?

no a release doesn't mean an immediate tour.

and even when you don't release an album, you may still tour.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: