Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 744865 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #800 on: April 08, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »

That's why he was called TRent Reznor... everything he does is weird...
The axl /chidem images on NIN.com
buckethead things
the RObin thing.

it's all for one plan

what he has been thinking of everynight. the way to conquor the world!

Trent is eccentric, but his penchant to tease though is a bit annoying
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #801 on: April 08, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »

Anyone close to GNR should know the real deal and should've updated their fans by now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #802 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »

Yeah If I would meet Dell, or anyone from the camp I would say.

Dude, why dont u let us fans know anymore, u used to update us all the time, at least you made us believe it.
U used to be cool....
if you wanna be cool again, wear Jersey's and update us at least 2 times a week. that's the way to be cool!
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #803 on: April 08, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »

the thing that kinda got me about the trentreznor poster was how he didnt become a member here until 2 days before the announcement that robin had rejoined nin.
then he started posting riddles and making wild comments in messages to me about axl that were also riddles.i would normally think this guy was full of shit but for the 2 days before the announcement thing.if he joined on say the day of the announcement i would have know it was bull but 2 days before weird!
Death Cube K
« Reply #804 on: April 08, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »

oone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time

Funny, in my world when you don't know important things, that's WHEN you worry.

Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

Hardly a good comparison.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #805 on: April 08, 2008, 04:02:17 PM »

but his penchant to tease though is a bit annoying

very annoying this time. I think he's obsessed with GNR.

BTW thanks for the input, mysteron.

See.

Don't freak out!

word.  yes

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #806 on: April 08, 2008, 04:03:49 PM »

oone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time

Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

Agree on that first point.  If they didn't know Finck was going to tour with NIN, then there is reason to worry.  That would be a breakdown in communication, obviously.  That can't be good.

Ali
GETOFFAXLSBACK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #807 on: April 08, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »

Just because they didn't announce it doesn't mean they didn't know it was happening.

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #808 on: April 08, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »

Just because they didn't announce it doesn't mean they didn't know it was happening.

I understand, but Mysteron's comment was "no one close to GN'R seems to know anything", not "people close to GN'R know but didn't announce anything".

Ali
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #809 on: April 08, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »

The thing I can't get over is that some of you truly believe you are OWED information every step of the way and that if you don't get it immediately that GNR is doing you some personal wrong.

This is taking fandom to a whole new level.  It seems no matter what you are given, it's never quite enough.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #810 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »

The thing I can't get over is that some of you truly believe you are OWED information every step of the way and that if you don't get it immediately that GNR is doing you some personal wrong.

This is taking fandom to a whole new level.  It seems no matter what you are given, it's never quite enough.

I apologize if I came off that way. I truly don't believe GNR "owes me" anything.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #811 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »

Exactly. If the GNR camp would jump on any kind of rumble in the fan base and if they would make an announcement every now and then, a lot of people would use it and start creating rumours in order to get answers on some stupid theories.

If that would have been the case, we would have had a million messages from GNR like:
"no, Slash ain't coming back"
"no, we don't have a release date"
"yes, Richard is playing in Japan"
and the million rumours.

If there is something to say, the band will do it.
If there is nothing to say, nothing will be posted.

The band does not owe us anything, so don't act like you are a SUPERFAN who deserves something.

Enjoy life!

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #812 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

to quote Axl Rose : RIR III:   THe internet is one bing garbage can.

and it is.
And I agree some people including me wants to know every step that;s happening. but sometimes a little bit in return isn't that Hard right?
some people here have been fans since 87? perhaps some days later since the UYI days.. but still being a fan so long. and getting like 5 to 10 press releases or some anouncement in an 12-17 year period seems a bit idiotic
GETOFFAXLSBACK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #813 on: April 08, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »

I understand, but Mysteron's comment was "no one close to GN'R seems to know anything", not "people close to GN'R know but didn't announce anything".

Ali
Yes i get what you mean, i guess it just depends how close these people that know nothing are

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
SLCPUNK
« Reply #814 on: April 08, 2008, 04:12:54 PM »

Was there a GnR IPO that we missed out on?
Death Cube K
« Reply #815 on: April 08, 2008, 04:14:15 PM »

If there is nothing to say, nothing will be posted.

No by all means, a picture of the bands most important guitarist on another big bands website with the words "welcome back" is nothing. My fault.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #816 on: April 08, 2008, 04:17:38 PM »

Very good points.
Couple those statements with Mysteron's earlier comments that the plan is still to put the album out in 2008, and you may get totally confused considering Robin's potential schedule.

And, oh yeah, people know what's going on and are trying to deal with it. It's not like everybody's happily doing what they had been doing before and nothing has changed.

very annoying this time. I think he's obsessed with GNR.

I'm sorry but what is Trent doing this time around to annoy GN'R fans? Trent is focused on his own band, touring, releases. As much as I hate his poaching upon Robin, Trent has abosultely no blame for this. Just because some people feel insecure about what is happening within GN'R shouldn't be a reason to search for blame elsewhere.

Anyway, things will probably work out the way they are meant to be and no overdramtizing will change anything.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Death Cube K
« Reply #817 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »

and you may get totally confused considering Robin's potential schedule.

Quite a contradiction isn't it?  hihi
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #818 on: April 08, 2008, 04:20:09 PM »

I guess my point is that it seems as if Frank goes to sing karaoke we hear about it. But Robin has joined nin again for whatever period of time and we hear nothing. Not only that but "no one close to GNR" knows whats going on?

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #819 on: April 08, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »

Was there a GnR IPO that we missed out on?

That might be one way to pay for the recording of CD!

But honestly, I have never seen fans take things as personally as they do with this band.

I apologize if I came off that way. I truly don't believe GNR "owes me" anything.

I wasn't directing it at you personally but more at those who keep asking the same questions 10 different ways hoping to get a different response the next time.

When the info comes, it comes.  No amount of us spewing on here is going to make it happen any faster.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: