Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746293 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #740 on: April 07, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »

I find it kind of laughable that people are worried about this

U replace

Adler,Izzy,Slash,Duff,Paul tobias, Buckethead,Brain and still go on

I dont think losing Finck will have any effect on the band whatsoever.

I wouldnt mind having Richard and Bumble as the only guitarist

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #741 on: April 07, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »

I find it kind of laughable that people are worried about this

U replace

Adler,Izzy,Slash,Duff,Paul tobias, Buckethead,Brain and still go on

I was only a fan of three of the guys you mentioned. The others never matter to me at all.

I'm a big fan of Robin's work with GNR. I mean, the man wrote one of my favorite GNR songs ever so to me, it'd be a big loss.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #742 on: April 07, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »

Oh I forgot Gilby Clarke
*wonder how that happened* hihi

I think robin has contributed a lot, I am just saying, the only one that can end or harm GNR is Axl. everyone else is replaceable.

Not saying it in a negative or bad way , its just the truth.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #743 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »

Oh I forgot Gilby Clarke

I think robin has contributed a lot, I am just saying, the only one that can end or harm GNR is Axl. everyone else is replaceable.

I can see how you feel that way. I have no doubt that GNR will continue if Robin leaves, I'd just be sad to see it happen.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #744 on: April 07, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »

Oh I forgot Gilby Clarke

I can see how you feel that way. I have no doubt that GNR will continue if Robin leaves, I'd just be sad to see it happen.

Succinctly and well-put.  I feel the same way.  GN'R will continue no matter what.

Ali
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #745 on: April 07, 2008, 11:28:31 PM »

You all are really not giving Robin enough credit. He's been in Guns N' Roses as long as (and even longer than) the original members, and in his time in the band, I'm sure, he's been a HUGE part of the creative process. Him leaving is a bit of a different situation than Bucket (mainly a soloist) or Paul (rhythm), or whoever. Axl was gonna be the voice of the record, and Robin's gonna be the sound...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #746 on: April 07, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »

You all are really not giving Robin enough credit. He's been in Guns N' Roses as long as (and even longer than) the original members, and in his time in the band, I'm sure, he's been a HUGE part of the creative process. Him leaving is a bit of a different situation than Bucket (mainly a soloist) or Paul (rhythm), or whoever. Axl was gonna be the voice of the record, and Robin's gonna be the sound...

agreed.  he's recorded on 3 or 4 albums worth of material by some accounts and his style is so unique you can distinguish it instantly.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #747 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:49 PM »

How can you say Robin's going to be the sound of the record?  He's written the music for one song we know of, "Better".  How do you extrapolate that to the entire record?

We don't even know what songs are going to be on the record, for sure, anyway.

Ali
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #748 on: April 07, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »

How can you say Robin's going to be the sound of the record?  He's written the music for one song we know of, "Better".  How do you extrapolate that to the entire record?

Ali
Yeah I mean Better is just such a shitty song I mean what kind of work is that? Is that whats expected of Robin? I'm just saying if it is the sound of the record I wouldn't be in the least bit disappointed

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:43:54 PM by olschoolboro » Logged

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
Ali
Legend

« Reply #749 on: April 07, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »

Ali
Yeah I mean Better is just such a shitty song I mean what kind of work is that? Is that whats expected of Robin?

Give me a break

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, but I wasn't dissing "Better".   Roll Eyes  It's one of my favorite GN'R songs of all time. 

The point was because he has written one song that we know of, and we don't know exactly what will be on the record, you can't say he's THE sound of the record.  One of them, yes, but not THE sound.

Ali
ben9785
« Reply #750 on: April 07, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »

Ali

As you said, we don't know anything about what material is going to be released, who wrote what song, who contributed the most etc etc, so don't come to any conclusions about Robin's involvement with GNR just yet..

He's been there since Axl re-started GNR. I have no doubt he would have significant input into what we end up hearing, no matter how many people have come and gone from the band

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #751 on: April 07, 2008, 11:51:58 PM »

How can you say Robin's going to be the sound of the record?  He's written the music for one song we know of, "Better".  How do you extrapolate that to the entire record?

Ali
Yeah I mean Better is just such a shitty song I mean what kind of work is that? Is that whats expected of Robin?

Give me a break

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, but I wasn't dissing "Better".   Roll Eyes  It's one of my favorite GN'R songs of all time. 

The point was because he has written one song that we know of, and we don't know exactly what will be on the record, you can't say he's THE sound of the record.  One of them, yes, but not THE sound.

Ali

well, he's been in the band for almost a decade and he is all over the unreleased material we've heard.. so its safe to assume he will have a strong presence on the material.   of course he isn't the only member of the band and not the only guy who shapes the sound of the band.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2008, 11:54:18 PM »

I wouldn't worry about any of this.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #753 on: April 07, 2008, 11:56:29 PM »

How can you say Robin's going to be the sound of the record?  He's written the music for one song we know of, "Better".  How do you extrapolate that to the entire record?

Ali

Give me a break

Ali

well, he's been in the band for almost a decade and he is all over the unreleased material we've heard.. so its safe to assume he will have a strong presence on the material.   of course he isn't the only member of the band and not the only guy who shapes the sound of the band.

Yes, over the entire body of recorded material, he's undoubtedly left his mark.  But, the entire body of material will not make up the tracklisting for Chinese Democracy.  Only certain songs will.

Yes, his distinct lead guitar work is all over the tracks we heard, but that doesn't mean he is the main composer, or credited composer, for the songs.

Ali
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #754 on: April 07, 2008, 11:58:18 PM »

I'm not saying that Robin will overtake the material, but to make a comparison, I meant it in the way that Slash was the sound of 'Appetite'. The lead guitar has always been Guns' strong point (musically), so I think it's safe to say, musically and creatively, the Robin's sound will be all over the stuff. And wouldn't logic show that if he can create something as great as 'Better', wouldn't he be able to write other great songs?

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #755 on: April 08, 2008, 12:02:03 AM »

I'm not saying that Robin will overtake the material, but to make a comparison, I meant it in the way that Slash was the sound of 'Appetite'. The lead guitar has always been Guns' strong point (musically), so I think it's safe to say, musically and creatively, the Robin's sound will be all over the stuff. And wouldn't logic show that if he can create something as great as 'Better', wouldn't he be able to write other great songs?

I'm sure he's written other great songs, and that's why his loss would be a great one for the band.  But, we don't know how many of his songs will or will not be on Chinese Democracy.

The lead guitar work for Guns has always been a strong point, but the strong point?  If there weren't great riffs or chord progressions and melodies, there wouldn't have been anything to write a guitar solo to.

Ali
maynard
« Reply #756 on: April 08, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »

New pic of Josh Freese on nin.com, looks like a recording session to me, could be just a rehearsal though. If Trent is recording something right now, it's very likely that Robin is part of the project.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #757 on: April 08, 2008, 02:31:23 AM »

Whoeveer said it is right, in that picture, Robin looks like he's sitting in a recording studio, not a rehearsal room. So maybe he's just contributing to recordings.

Anyway, does anyone know how long Robin's website has been "neutralized?"
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #758 on: April 08, 2008, 06:17:39 AM »

im sure its been said, but because there has been no official word i assume that there must be some sort of negotiations going on, either in GnR or with NIN.

who knows  Huh

i just wish axl would speak out and put this issue to bed.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #759 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:57 AM »

Also,
the question is

Just think about this before responding negatively,

Now that Robin might of left to his own accord, (assuming)

Mabye Only 2 guitarists are needed, Ron Is a very capable guitarist, and Richard can pick up the slack if need be on the rythm sections/solos
here and their....

mabye the only reason why Axl got a third guitarist (eg Bucket in early 00's, and now Ron) is because he needed that third guitarist which has the depth
and ability to shred/finger tapping/ extensive guitar work, that quiet obviously the other original 2 guitarists (fortus and finck) dont seem to possess

so my question is, IF Finck has left,  then Would axl need a third guitarist, when it seems ron and richard are more then capable  of picking up the slack

Before anyone responds with "if he was capable , why did they get a third guitarist , Ron" remember, the other 2 guitarists arent as talanted technically as Ron is , so that level of "expertise" if you will was needed...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: