Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747284 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #720 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:52 PM »

Trent won't be posting riddles for a few days at least.

how can you be sure?

I took some measures to make sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GETOFFAXLSBACK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #721 on: April 07, 2008, 07:03:05 PM »

Selfish or not for me the attraction has always been Axl, when he leaves its over, until that day GnR is alive even if they are on life support right now

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #722 on: April 07, 2008, 07:03:42 PM »

For me, it's not whether or not the album is done, it's whether or not Robin is still a member of Guns N' Roses in any capacity.

Does that effect your "idea" of the band? If robin leaves really does it make that big of a difference?

To me? Yes. I've always been a Robin fan. I'm not saying he is Guns N' Roses or anything like that, I'm just saying I'm a big fan of his work with the band. I'd be really sad to see him go. To me, at this very moment I'd rather have an answer to that question before anything else.

But if he goes , it doesn't really affected anything. He will be replaced and the band will move on.

But for me personally, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Back in 91 I wasn't sure I'd ever wanna see someone in Slash's place. Finally in 2002 I got to test that theory and was pleasantly surprised. As I sit here today I feel the same way about Robin. First things first, I'd like to know the official story on him, then I'll move on to how else I feel about what.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #723 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »

how can you be sure?

/jarmo

Well, let me be the first to say thank God for that.

Ali
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »

how can you be sure?

/jarmo

He used the "ban" button  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #725 on: April 07, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »

It would be disappointing if Robin decided to leave GN'R (which I honestly don't think is going to happen).

The band looked like they had a fucking blast together on the last tour and even more than that, I think these guys have become genuine friends with one another.

Robin isn't going anywhere.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #726 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »

It would be disappointing if Robin decided to leave GN'R (which I honestly don't think is going to happen).

The band looked like they had a fucking blast together on the last tour and even more than that, I think these guys have become genuine friends with one another.

Robin isn't going anywhere.

.... Not to be a dick man but he already has. If you don't see joining NIN on a world tour and being welcomed as a member "somewhere" then I dont know.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #727 on: April 07, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

how can you be sure?

/jarmo

thanks but he keeps emailing me, no big deal!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #728 on: April 07, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »

Robin can't say shit because of confidentiality obligations to GnR... everyone knows the band members have these contracts...  GnR isn't saying anything, yet, because they probably don't know whether Robin is in or out of the band...  When bands are on hiatus, lots of things go down... Robin, himself, may not know whether he is in our out of GnR...  Either way, I don't think this has any effect on a potential release date for Chinese Democracy.  (IMO).
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »

Robin can't say shit because of confidentiality obligations to GnR... everyone knows the band members have these contracts...  GnR isn't saying anything, yet, because they probably don't know whether Robin is in or out of the band...  When bands are on hiatus, lots of things go down... Robin, himself, may not know whether he is in our out of GnR...  Either way, I don't think this has any effect on a potential release date for Chinese Democracy.  (IMO).

This is the best point I have read so far.  Who knows what "new management" is gearing up for.  Who knows if they have inner conflicts like other bands do.  I think there is something going on that nobody has a clue about.  The timing of this seems interesting.  I do agree this has no effect on a release date. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #730 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »

I still dont see how someone going back to play for a band they were once in is a good idea.

Scott Weiland anybody?

Saying its no big deal that Robin is back p laying with NIN is wishful thinking.  Where there is smoke there is fire and I can't see Axl giving something like that a blessing.

Side projects are one thing, a huge world tour with one of the biggest bands going today is another.

Im definitely concerned.

Can GNR go on without Robin?

Absolutely

All u need is Axl, everyone else is very replaceable as this point.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #731 on: April 07, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »

I still dont see how someone going back to play for a band they were once in is a good idea.

Scott Weiland anybody?

Saying its no big deal that Robin is back p laying with NIN is wishful thinking.  Where there is smoke there is fire and I can't see Axl giving something like that a blessing.

Side projects are one thing, a huge world tour with one of the biggest bands going today is another.

Im definitely concerned.

Absolutely

i totally agree....ALL are replaceable, i'd really like to see BF stay though

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #732 on: April 07, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »

Scott Weiland anybody?

Im definitely concerned.

Absolutely

That is totally ridiculous. One man does not a band make. If all members are replacable, then that is no band I would want to be a fan of. Axl cannot make music by himself. It's about each individual members contributions to the band. Replace them all. you get a totally different band. Otherwise you might as well call this "Axl Rose Band" not GN'R.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »

Must be the season of leaving. First Weiland, now Robin, but in entirely different situations. All I can say is that Matt Sorum is 2 for 3. Way to go Matt! (sarcasm)

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #734 on: April 07, 2008, 08:32:20 PM »

i keep going back and forth with my thoughts. one minute i think robins gone for good... next minute i think otherwise. i hope someone updates us soon.

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #735 on: April 07, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »

Scott Weiland anybody?

Im definitely concerned.

Absolutely

That is totally ridiculous. One man does not a band make. If all members are replacable, then that is no band I would want to be a fan of. Axl cannot make music by himself. It's about each individual members contributions to the band. Replace them all. you get a totally different band. Otherwise you might as well call this "Axl Rose Band" not GN'R.
[/i]

So you consider GN'R 86-91 one band then 91-93 one band then 94-98 one band and then 99-02 one band and then 06-present another? I think not...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #736 on: April 07, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »

I'm a little dissappointed we didn't get an official response today to the insane rumor mill regarding Robin's status.  Actually, lack of response today makes me more nervous then yesterday.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #737 on: April 07, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »

maybe if dr pepper ask axl whats going on with robin he'll respond back in a few hours
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #738 on: April 07, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »

To throw my hat in the ring-press releases usually would not be done on a Monday, or a weekend for that matter. Tuesday and Friday are the most common days to release a statement. Tuesdays, cause we are all back in the work groove. This is usually a launch day.

Friday is the day you end something. Careers, marriages, relationships, etc....cuz then we're all going into the weekend. And thinking about other stuff.

Robin or no Robin, keep on keepin' on Axl!!!

I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper, wouldn't ya like to be a.....Chinese Democracy too!!!!  ok

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #739 on: April 07, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »

I'm a little dissappointed we didn't get an official response today to the insane rumor mill regarding Robin's status.... 

That's what makes me worried that GNR was blindsided by this news as well.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:00:08 PM by russtcb » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: