Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747236 times)
GETOFFAXLSBACK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #700 on: April 07, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »

Isn't that easier when you may have a way to get information?

For example, you have contacts so its might be easier for you to be patient than those that don't.

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #701 on: April 07, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »

Doesn't any 'possible explanation' (until we get a definitive one) just add to the speculation?

An understanding for a possible explanation on why there's no update might make you less frustrated. That's the point I made.

If you need an example, look at the Buckethead situation in 2004.

/jarmo

I haven't really read a lot of this thread. Read enough to agree with Jarmo on the fact that the band can move on without him , sad lose but you have to keep pushing forward. I really didn't see your opinion though , do you think he is gone or do you think it's a side project?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #702 on: April 07, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »

You can give certain updates without guaranteeing anything!  All you have to do is tell the truth about certain things.  Like what the current status of the band is, or what the current status of the album is!  You don't HAVE to do this, but fans sure as hell respect it! 

Maybe you can't give updates on the current status of the band if you're not 100% sure?

Remember how much crap the band and management got when they said Buckethead was in the band and then he left?

The current status of the album is that it's done. Obviously artists who spend time recording an album and finishes it, wants it released as soon as possible. If that doesn't tell you something, then I can't really help you.

/jarmo

When did the band ever say the album was done?  Did I miss something?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #703 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »

Allow me to quote from The Great Space Coaster, a childhood favorite from the 80's:

"No Gnews....is good gnews...with Gary.....Gnu."
-Gary Gnu

Seriously.  Can we all just calm down at this point?  If there's something worth responding to, I'm sure it will happen from all parties involved when appropriate.  In the meantime, we've had a series of recent GnR announcements that all sound like positive steps in the right direction.  I'm not saying "don't be upset about Robin leaving," rather that - at this point - there's nothing to be upset about.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #704 on: April 07, 2008, 06:45:38 PM »

For example, you have contacts so its might be easier for you to be patient than those that don't.

No. Because I know from experience how this works.

Until there's something to announce and they're sure of it, GN'R won't announce anything.

All I know is that according to NIN.com, Robin is welcomed back. I don't know what exactly it means, but from past experiences, I'm sure there'll be some kind of announcement as soon as possible.

I'm not frustrated because I know that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GETOFFAXLSBACK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #705 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:38 PM »

No. Because I know from experience how this works.

Until there's something to announce and they're sure of it, GN'R won't announce anything.

All I know is that according to NIN.com, Robin is welcomed back. I don't know what exactly it means, but from past experiences, I'm sure there'll be some kind of announcement as soon as possible.

I'm not frustrated because I know that.

/jarmo

Fair enough

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #706 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »

When did the band ever say the album was done?  Did I miss something?

I guess you weren't around during the no news period.

That has been confirmed by several people.

For example Baz has talked about it in several interviews.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #707 on: April 07, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »

/jarmo

Well yeah, I understand that people have talked about it, including Baz, but does that mean it's true?  You've said many times, don't listen to crap unless it comes from GNR themselves.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #708 on: April 07, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »

Doesn't any 'possible explanation' (until we get a definitive one) just add to the speculation?

An understanding for a possible explanation on why there's no update might make you less frustrated. That's the point I made.

If you need an example, look at the Buckethead situation in 2004.

/jarmo

Thats all fair enough. Speaking for myself, I didn't need or expect an explanation of not getting an update at this stage - there's any one of a number of reasons for it to at least take a few weeks. Its like speculating on why the bus is 5 minutes late. I just hope it arrives eventually.

I haven't really read a lot of this thread. Read enough to agree with Jarmo on the fact that the band can move on without him , sad lose but you have to keep pushing forward. I really didn't see your opinion though , do you think he is gone or do you think it's a side project?

Me? Well, one thing it certainly would suggest is no GNR touring/activity in the near future, but then I didn't expect that there would be. Whether he's gone or not...who knows until something's announced. Given Trent Reznor's apparent attitude towards Guns N' Roses, it would certainly seem like a case of divided loyalties.

And there goes the challenger...
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #709 on: April 07, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »

Has anybody official announced that the album is done?  No offense, but after all the "we're almost done" or "adding finishing touches" statements from reliable sources like actual band members, I'm gonna wait from an official source that the album is done.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #710 on: April 07, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

As for Trentreznor.......... go away and troll else where .

gotta agree there.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #711 on: April 07, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »

/jarmo

Well yeah, I understand that people have talked about it, including Baz, but does that mean it's true?  You've said many times, don't listen to crap unless it comes from GNR themselves.

If Baz was lying, I'm sure he wouldn't have kept repeating it....

And in this case, Baz is one of those people who actually talks to Axl. Not somebody who thinks he knows what's going on.

Trent won't be posting riddles for a few days at least.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:58:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #712 on: April 07, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

For me, it's not whether or not the album is done, it's whether or not Robin is still a member of Guns N' Roses in any capacity.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #713 on: April 07, 2008, 06:58:44 PM »

For me, it's not whether or not the album is done, it's whether or not Robin is still a member of Guns N' Roses in any capacity.

Does that effect your "idea" of the band? If robin leaves really does it make that big of a difference?
ben9785
« Reply #714 on: April 07, 2008, 06:59:59 PM »

Yeah I agree with this. We know that the first of the four or five albums in production are complete and ready to be released. It wouldn't take a great deal of effort to replace Robin musically, but myself and many of the other fans here support Robin because we know he's a big part of what GNR have become today - but at the same time, if he's not coming back, that's just too bad.

I suppose, if anything more, we just want a sense of closure so we can move on and look towards more positive things.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #715 on: April 07, 2008, 07:00:07 PM »

Does that effect your "idea" of the band? If robin leaves really does it make that big of a difference?

To me? Yes. I've always been a Robin fan. I'm not saying he is Guns N' Roses or anything like that, I'm just saying I'm a big fan of his work with the band. I'd be really sad to see him go. To me, at this very moment I'd rather have an answer to that question before anything else.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #716 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »

Robin's stage presence is second only to Axl in the band.   He wrote Better.   I'd say he's a pretty important member of the band.   Of course people are going to be concerned.   That doesn't mean GnR couldn't continue without him.. but many of us are very devoted Robin fans.    I will for sure be trying to see NIN this summer.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #717 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:25 PM »

To me? Yes. I've always been a Robin fan. I'm not saying he is Guns N' Roses or anything like that, I'm just saying I'm a big fan of his work with the band. I'd be really sad to see him go. To me, at this very moment I'd rather have an answer to that question before anything else.

But if he goes , it doesn't really affected anything. He will be replaced and the band will move on. Concerned , of course. But I'm just saying be ready for the worst. This band has taken SO many twist in turns I can bet money no body ever thought in 1986 that the band would be as it is today. Robin is a great player with great presence as many have said. But he can be replaced.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:03:16 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #718 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »

/jarmo

If Baz was lying, I'm sure he wouldn't have kept repeating it....

And in this case, Baz is one of those people who actually talks to Axl. Not somebody who thinks he knows what's going on.

Trent won't be posting riddles for a few days at least.

/jarmo

how can you be sure?
ben9785
« Reply #719 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:36 PM »

But if he goes , it doesn't really affected anything. He will be replaced and the band will move on.

Of course, and ultimately we will accept that because we're here as fans of Guns N Roses, not Robin Finck & The Guns and Roses.

Just want to know what's going on so we can look ahead.. right?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: