Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748082 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #680 on: April 07, 2008, 06:01:39 PM »

They just announced that they've got new managers.

Don't you fucking think they're trying to sort things out so the album will be out as soon as possible?

Maybe we don't have a clue about certain things because we don't need to know?

Do we need to be told that there's no release date or shows planned right now? No, we know that already!

Stop trying to make GN'R into some kind of fantasy band that only exists in your head and then use that fantasy band as a measurement of what should be.

You're the one letting yourself down when you expect the band to be things it never has been in the first place.

You've had plenty of time to get used to the fact that GN'R isn't one of those bands that continuously has to hear their own voice.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #681 on: April 07, 2008, 06:07:01 PM »

I am sure Robin will speak when he is able to.....

January 25
March 29th
May 20th
July 1st

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #682 on: April 07, 2008, 06:07:32 PM »

what happened January 25?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #683 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »

Don't you fucking think they're trying to sort things out so the album will be out as soon as possible?

Do we need to be told that there's no release date or shows planned right now? No, we know that already!

Stop trying to make GN'R into some kind of fantasy band that only exists in your head and then use that fantasy band as a measurement of what should be.

You're the one letting yourself down when you expect the band to be things it never has been in the first place.

You've had plenty of time to get used to the fact that GN'R isn't one of those bands that continuously has to hear their own voice.

/jarmo

Jarmo, is it at all possible for you to use your contacts with the GNR camp to get something a little more concrete about this situation and hopefully end all this speculation? It would seem you would have the best chance of getting information then anyone else.

If this is all ready being done 'behind the scenes' let me thank you in advance.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #684 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »

/jarmo

Are you talking to anyone in particular, or just venting and patronizing everyone on your board?

And there goes the challenger...
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #685 on: April 07, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »

January 25
March 29th
May 20th
July 1st

Are those Chinese Democracy release dates that never happened?  Huh

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #686 on: April 07, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »

I just don't see the point in having new  management if you still can't communicate with the fans.

Did you ever think that maybe there's a reason for this?

/jarmo

Yes i do, but i hope to hear something semi - official regarding Finck status in GNR ASAP.

Don't need to be a official PR.

So you understand that there might be a reason for the fact that notihng has been said yet, but you still ask why they don't talk....

Ok.... Whatever works for you I guess.

/jarmo

My point is...How long did it take Axl to respond to the Dr Pepper thing?  

Whatever the silence speak for then...i guess.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #687 on: April 07, 2008, 06:13:14 PM »

January 25
March 29th
May 20th
July 1st

Since you're pretending to know so much, why don't you speak for him? And while you're at it, elaborate on the dates you've posted 3 or 4 times now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #688 on: April 07, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »

Are you talking to anyone in particular, or just venting and patronizing everyone on your board?

Everyone who still don't seem to understand that GN'R isn't (insert other band here).

Whining about there not being any updates doesn't seem to work.

A few weeks ago we got updates when nobody was whining.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #689 on: April 07, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »

January 25
March 29th
May 20th
July 1st

Since you're pretending to know so much, why don't you speak for him? And while you're at it, elaborate on the dates you've posted 3 or 4 times now.

Yeah...  and what was up with those pics back in '06?

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #690 on: April 07, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »

a NIN touring band is also a NIN studio band.....

that's NOT true.

Robin never recorded in studio with NIN. Same thing for others muiscians who toured with NIN.

Moreover, Reznor often records many studio parts on his own (for example, he recorded most "with teeth")

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #691 on: April 07, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »

Robin can speak for himself........IF and when he is able to speak for himself will be determined......Those dates have no relevance to Chinese Democracy....Those dates have relevance in other matters....Seems you know  alot about this Trent's recording patterns..Interesting....From what I had heard, Robin recorded the song "Closer To God' at Nothing Studios in the summer of 1995 in New Orleans......But I could be wrong..What do I know....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:23:10 PM by trentreznor » Logged

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #692 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »

Everyone who still don't seem to understand that GN'R isn't (insert other band here).

Whining about there not being any updates doesn't seem to work.

A few weeks ago we got updates when nobody was whining.

/jarmo

A few weeks ago we got updates and nobody was whining.....true enough. The fans felt informed and were happy for it. Maybe there's something to be learned there.

And yeah, anyone who expects regular updates from GNR is clearly barking up the wrong tree, as past history has shown. But when a long-term member of the band appears to return to his former band for an indeterminate period of time, you can't expect people to not want clarification on his status in the group.

It's a testament of the fans devotion to this band, and admiration of Robin's place in it that people are so concerned.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #693 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »

Robin can speak for himself........IF and when he is able to speak for himself will be determined......Those dates have no relevance to Chinese Democracy....Those dates have relevance in other matters....Seems you know  alot about this Trent's recording patterns..Interesting....From what I had heard, Robin recorded the song "Closer To God' at Nothing Studios in the summer of 1995 in New Orleans......But I could be wrong..What do I know....

NIN is not a studio band.  Having someone else come in and write and record a guitar part for a song here or there does not a band make.  Guns N' Roses writes and records as a band.  Trent Reznor is for all intents and purposes, Nine Inch Nails.

If those dates having nothing to do with the Guns N' Roses album, then why even mention them?

Ali
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #694 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »

Unless you care to explain yourself and type something relevant to GNR can you STFU?

The NIN forum is down the hall and to the right.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #695 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »

And yeah, anyone who expects regular updates from GNR is clearly barking up the wrong tree, as past history has shown. But when a long-term member of the band appears to return to his former band for an indeterminate period of time, you can't expect people to not want clarification on his status in the group.

Didn't I just give a possible explanation on why there haven't been an update yet?

I'm pretty sure I did.

As soon as people start to think outside of just what they want, and try to understand that things aren't always as easy as "give me an update", then some of those frustrations would be gone.

/jarmo

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #696 on: April 07, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

Didn't I just give a possible explanation on why there haven't been an update yet?

I'm pretty sure I did.

As soon as people start to think outside of just what they want, and try to understand that things aren't always as easy as "give me an update", then some of those frustrations would be gone.

/jarmo

I'm not asking for updates, I'm not asking for answers. Just pointing out why I, and other fans of this band hope to eventually get them.

Doesn't any 'possible explanation' (until we get a definitive one) just add to the speculation?

busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #697 on: April 07, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure I did.

/jarmo

It makes sense yes, but you are at least partially in the know. You are contacted by people involved with the band and will be told by people which threads to delete and so forth so you know pretty much what is happening. You also probably know some of what these difficulties are.

Imagine being on this side of the fence and knowing absolutely nothing. It is an insane proposition to make that a rock band cannot update its fans on that status of its lineup or album release. I'm not talking specifically about the Robin in/out issue, I'm talking about the band in general. If there are legal issues, just say that. "Legal issues prevent the release of the album. We appologise and thank you for your patience". Sure people would still bitch and moan, that is what humans do, but at least we could understand it.
GETOFFAXLSBACK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #698 on: April 07, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »

I can understand the pointlessness in informing fans that nothing has changed or that they are not in a position to tell us anything new,we would moan that they were wasting our time. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.There is no update because they have a good reason not to update fans, i would love a long detailed report on band status and the album but there will only be one when they are in a position to do so.For a band to survive hard times they have to become self involved in their own interests, im sure they would rather not be like that but survival is important or there is nothing to update........... forever.

I'm frustrated but i know less than 1% of whats really going on, those who know don't talk but sooner or later the silence needs to be broken with something meaningful

As for Trentreznor.......... go away and troll else where .

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #699 on: April 07, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »

Doesn't any 'possible explanation' (until we get a definitive one) just add to the speculation?

An understanding for a possible explanation on why there's no update might make you less frustrated. That's the point I made.

If you need an example, look at the Buckethead situation in 2004.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:41:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: