Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2024, 10:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228349 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 763111 times)
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #540 on: April 07, 2008, 05:29:28 AM »

He hasn't left the band as far as I can see, so why is everyone being so morbid?  If he had left I'm sure the new management would update us

NIN are confirmed to be touring from July to September with more dates to come, and I'm pretty sure Robin's stint with them is just that, a stint - ie. if the tour carries on indefinitely he will return and be replaced on the NIN tour.  Let's face it, the new management team is gonna have its own ideas regarding CDs release and its gonna take some time to set the wheels in motion so he need be in no hurry.  It seems to me that management may have told Robin to go off and do his thing while the GNR camp is quiet, get some more exposure through his work with NIN and then return when the album is on its way

I just can't see him jacking in a part of his life that could soon see fruit after 11 years of work

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #541 on: April 07, 2008, 06:03:10 AM »

I couldn't care less about Robin not being in the band because I don't think he's a very good guitarist and I think Axl could easily just let Bumblefoot take over full-time lead.

HOWEVER, the fact that he's going back to NIN right now is a terrible sign. He wouldn't be doing this if the project that he's spent the better part of the last 10 years of his life working on was close to coming to fruition. I was skeptical about CD coming out in 2008, although recent events have made me believe there may actually be a light at the end of the tunnel, but this pretty much shuts that light off for me.

And of course, the fans get no explanation. Dr. Pepper issues some stupid "challenge" and Axl responds the next day. GNR's lead guitarist rejoins his old band and..nothing? Where's this new management?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #542 on: April 07, 2008, 06:15:26 AM »

Robin is a great guitar player, and for me IF he chooses to leave, it would be a great loss for the band.

What I won't forgive him for, is IF he chooses to leave now, after all the hard work, after all the touring, now that the record is done and they're waiting for the negotiations to end, it would be a press disaster for the band.

He's not a solo artist. He's a member of a band. His decisions affect everyone involved with the band and their fans.

Time has proven that noone is irreplaceable. It's just that IF the worst happens, people will blame Axl for it AGAIN, and in this case (as in many others) he doesn't deserve it...

In the end, this phrase by Axl says it all...

To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement.

Even though I have no idea about all he's been through, at this point, I really feel bad for Axl... Whenever something good seems to be happening, BANG... bad news at your front door...

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #543 on: April 07, 2008, 06:20:05 AM »

I'll avoid to comment and speculate till we'll have some sort of statement from Robin himself, and from Axl and/or GNR management

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #544 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:12 AM »

Hey Christos!

I get what you're saying, but you're speaking more as a fan.

I'm sure Robin is more aware of what the real status of the album and his release are than you or any other board member.

His decisions are well thought out, he hasn't given 11 years of his life in vain to throw it all away now.

So if he actually choses to leave is because the album isn't as close to be released as we all think it is.

He has left the band before on this argument, and time proved him right. cuz we're still waiting.

Sure he got to tour, but he was supporting the old member's music catalogue, so it's kind of embarassing to be doing chinese democracy tours or concerts since the year 2000, when it started in Vegas, and 8 years later being right here with no cd.

So i'm sure Robin is more aware of the real dangers of leaving Gn'R than we are.

But, i still believe he's just touring in his own free time. cuz let's admit it, being a Gn'r Member is more of a part time job than a Full time occupation.

Robin is a great guitar player, and for me IF he chooses to leave, it would be a great loss for the band.

What I won't forgive him for, is IF he chooses to leave now, after all the hard work, after all the touring, now that the record is done and they're waiting for the negotiations to end, it would be a press disaster for the band.

He's not a solo artist. He's a member of a band. His decisions affect everyone involved with the band and their fans.

Time has proven that noone is irreplaceable. It's just that IF the worst happens, people will blame Axl for it AGAIN, and in this case (as in many others) he doesn't deserve it...

In the end, this phrase by Axl says it all...

To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement.

Even though I have no idea about all he's been through, at this point, I really feel bad for Axl... Whenever something good seems to be happening, BANG... bad news at your front door...

Chinese Democracy!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #545 on: April 07, 2008, 06:25:13 AM »

He hasn't left the band as far as I can see, so why is everyone being so morbid?  If he had left I'm sure the new management would update us

NIN are confirmed to be touring from July to September with more dates to come, and I'm pretty sure Robin's stint with them is just that, a stint - ie. if the tour carries on indefinitely he will return and be replaced on the NIN tour.  Let's face it, the new management team is gonna have its own ideas regarding CDs release and its gonna take some time to set the wheels in motion so he need be in no hurry.  It seems to me that management may have told Robin to go off and do his thing while the GNR camp is quiet, get some more exposure through his work with NIN and then return when the album is on its way

I just can't see him jacking in a part of his life that could soon see fruit after 11 years of work

I completely agree with you, DuffRock, and would be very surprised indeed if he chose to leave the band when the album is closer than ever to being released.

We've have had quite a few worst case scenarios expressed here but, until I hear otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that Robin's agreed to tour with NIN only until Guns needs him.  That would account for the scant info on NIN's site.  If indeed Robin told Trent that GNR is his priority, there's no way that Trent would post those details, so opting for only the photo and 'Welcome back' would be a nice sidestep around any necessity for being more precise - whilst being vague enough for music gossip sites to pick up on it and embellish as they wish.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #546 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:31 AM »

It's been a few days now.

Before any one jumps off a cliff - calm down. There's still something official that awaits everyone. From either the management, Robin, Axl or even NIN. We'll hear soon (I hope).

I love Robin Finck and have followed him from before Guns. He's a shooting star, really.. Pure magic on a guitar and as a performer (and as a person I hear - dunno).

This may be just for the NIN tour or this may be for good. Who knows? I've tried to figure in if the latter is reality - then I feel just about as bummed as when Jeff Garcia and the San Francisco 49ers parted ways.

Anyhow.. Stay frosty.

Smiley

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #547 on: April 07, 2008, 06:54:19 AM »

? Who says that this is the worst moment to leave GNR ? How do you know this ? Like us, you know nothing, unlike Robin. However he doesn't care if you won't forgive him. But as Mysteron said, there is no plan for the moment, maybe Robin knows there won't be any release this year.

What you are writing is bad press for us, the fans. Same shit as whining fans about setlists, Axl had bad opinion towards the fan community. Even if you quote your "if", I think Robin could be hurt by this kind of fan's response.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #548 on: April 07, 2008, 06:57:27 AM »

July - September

2 months.

No problem

But this is only the CURRENT DATES announced.

There is ALOT more to come. Particularly if Robin is indeed going to be involved in the full world tour.

If he's part of the world tour, there is no doubt this will last until early 2009.

Do a google search for nine inch nails and press releases and see what you get.  So far we have a post on a blog that got picked up by blabbermouth and people are taking this as the gospel.  There is no press release as far as I can tell.  Press releases are typically public domain and can be easily found once published.  I cannot find an official press release...simply references to one.  Where is the press release?  I am with Ulises, until we know differently..."two months, no problem."

maybe you missed this post of mine giving timelines...NIN doesnt tour for "2 Months" unless you think they will switch out lead guitarists mid tour...(I cant see it but who knows...

I did some NIN tour research...and i would like to say off the bat that this is just based on past tour efforts by NIN and what we may be able to expect from the Ghosts tour...

the fragility tour spanned from Nov 14, 1999 - July 9, 2000 - 8 months...77 Dates

for With Teeth NIN toured from Mar 23, 2005 - July 8th, 2006 - 17 Months...172 dates

for Year Zero Nin Toured from Feb 10th, 2007 - Sept 18, 2007 - 8 Months...83 dates and no US dates

so, to me, this says robin is out of gnr from 8 months to a year and half starting in late July of this year

so ... by my assumptions ..... Robin will be touring with NIN from July 25, 2008 until anywhere between March 2009 - January 2010, of course we dont know anything for sure until we get more confimations from either NIN or GnR as to the expected tenure of Robin's involvement with Trent...jsut putting the Ghosts tour in perspective with the last 3 NIN tours peace

http://www.ninwiki.com/Tours

i dont wanna get into a long debate again...I'm just sharing what i researched  peace

if you want US TOUR LEGS Only?

Fragility 2.0 was April 3, 2000 - June 18, 2000

With Teeth had 2 US Legs
Club Tour  Mar 23, 2005?June 2, 2005
Spring/Summer Tour  Feb 10, 2006?July 8, 2006  

anyway lets cross our fingers for a statement today ok

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #549 on: April 07, 2008, 07:24:59 AM »

? Who says that this is the worst moment to leave GNR ? How do you know this ? Like us, you know nothing, unlike Robin. However he doesn't care if you won't forgive him. But as Mysteron said, there is no plan for the moment, maybe Robin knows there won't be any release this year.

What you are writing is bad press for us, the fans. Same shit as whining fans about setlists, Axl had bad opinion towards the fan community. Even if you quote your "if", I think Robin could be hurt by this kind of fan's response.

Lol, Christos! Stop Hurting Robin   hihi

Chinese Democracy!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #550 on: April 07, 2008, 08:03:54 AM »

? Who says that this is the worst moment to leave GNR ? How do you know this ? Like us, you know nothing, unlike Robin. However he doesn't care if you won't forgive him.

I never claimed to be a GN'R insider. Let me know if you've read anything in my posts stating the opposite.

Robin should care cause I consider myself one of his biggest fans, NIN or GN'R. I'll always support him, but I won't forgive him if he leaves the band at this point, which after the last events, I PERSONALLY, WITHOUT CLAIMING TO BE A GN'R INSIDER, consider it to be a very critical point in the history of Chinese Democracy and its release.

But as Mysteron said, there is no plan for the moment, maybe Robin knows there won't be any release this year.

Are you comparing me to the assholes who whine about the setlists? I should be offended, but I guess we have a misunderstanding here...

I quote my "IF"'s cause we don't know what's going on yet. I'm not jumping to conclusions. Robin might just be touring during his free time, just like Dizzy, Richard, Bumble, Tommy and Frank.

Anyway, I don't care to explain my feelings towards this whole situation anymore. If you haven't understood what I wrote so far, then no matter how hard I try, you just won't.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:06:13 AM by Christos AG » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #551 on: April 07, 2008, 08:18:58 AM »

I don't know why it has to be so hard all the time.

Good bye Robin, best of luck to you.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #552 on: April 07, 2008, 08:24:42 AM »

Im just wondering if this is going to be fulltime, or just for the tour that will most probably last into 2009, which then if that happens,
I cant see axl releasing chinese democracy without his lead guitarist thats been in the band for nearly a decade...

my fingers are crossed for the best but
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:27:34 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #553 on: April 07, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »

? Who says that this is the worst moment to leave GNR ? How do you know this ? Like us, you know nothing, unlike Robin. However he doesn't care if you won't forgive him.

I never claimed to be a GN'R insider. Let me know if you've read anything in my posts stating the opposite.

Robin should care cause I consider myself one of his biggest fans, NIN or GN'R. I'll always support him, but I won't forgive him if he leaves the band at this point, which after the last events, I PERSONALLY, WITHOUT CLAIMING TO BE A GN'R INSIDER, consider it to be a very critical point in the history of Chinese Democracy and its release.

Christos you have to at least entertain the possibility that Robin doesn't believe that this is a critical point in the history of Chinese Democracy and it's release, because he obviously knows more than we do. And all the tours and the hear say and the promisses could mean nothing.

If Robin does leave the band, then i believe the cd is nowhere near it's release. because if it were Robin would be around to support it. i believe it's as much his baby as anyone else in the band including Axl, so i fail to see why he'd abandon it for a NIN tour unless there's more to this whole story than we know now.

Chinese Democracy!
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #554 on: April 07, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »

look dudes , Robin has to pay his bills , and support himself , now if he isn't accomplishing that through GNR then he has to walk and go to work somewhere else.

Do you see him or know of him making any ends meet currently being a GNR member ?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #555 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:15 AM »

look dudes , Robin has to pay his bills , and support himself , now if he isn't accomplishing that through GNR then he has to walk and go to work somewhere else.

Do you see him or know of him making any ends meet currently being a GNR member ?

how was he making money then during the period between 2003- 2005?

he wasnt touring then, granted he only played a few cirque de selai shows, but he
toured the last 2 years with gnr, so It isnt like he would be starving for cash

I dont think anyone in the current gnr have any problems with money after the world tour the past few years,

Money isnt the issue here, I dont think, at least not for Robin...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #556 on: April 07, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »

i have no idea how you can talk about Robin's Financial status. are you his accountant?

Chinese Democracy!
myrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2008, 08:53:30 AM »

No one is leaving. Live your life in peace
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »

Christos you have to at least entertain the possibility that Robin doesn't believe that this is a critical point in the history of Chinese Democracy and it's release, because he obviously knows more than we do. And all the tours and the hear say and the promisses could mean nothing.

If Robin does leave the band, then i believe the cd is nowhere near it's release. because if it were Robin would be around to support it. i believe it's as much his baby as anyone else in the band including Axl, so i fail to see why he'd abandon it for a NIN tour unless there's more to this whole story than we know now.

I only stated my personal opinion.

Noone knows Robin's financial situation. It could be a money problem, but then again it could just be his thirst for live shows.

We still don't know the facts so let's wait a bit more and see what happens...

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »

i for one think that if neither Robin nor Gn'R said anything it's because there is nothing to be said.

He's doing what everyone else in the band is doing.

Bumblefoot is finishing his cd, Richard is touring with X Japan ( and not so long ago was touring with Nena around Europe), Tommy released and toured for his solo cd, Dizzy is always playing, so is Frank...

i guess it's only fair for Robin to do the same and it still means nothing regarding GN'R, it's not like he walked out on the band, they're not doing anything musical at the time, and Robin wasn't hired to do administrative and RP work, so i think he's got some time off.

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: