Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 12, 2024, 03:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228436 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 769435 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

If Robin hasn't quit the band we would have known by now. Last year when the rumors that Brain had quit surfaced, we knew within hours that it wasn't the case. Same thing with Tommy and Soul Asylum and when everyone though Richard quit and joined NIN in 2005. If it was good news, we would know by now....

Honestly, I'm not so sure, given that most of this hit during the weekend.  We'll know soon enough either way, I hope.

Most of the other stuff hit during the weekend too, I know the Richard joining did for sure (it happened on a Friday night). We knew within 24 hours what was going on. We haven't heard anything from Robin/GNR yet.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »

again.....if robin leaves this band becomes less meaningful. why? because Bucket and RObin have played a big role in making of CD...replacements will do the job but it would have been more meaningful to see the actual memebrs that created it play it....plus they are lead guitarists.....get it now?

No, not really. It's nothing original.

You can exchange the names to something else and I suspect that suddenly your opinion on it would change.

Classic respnse from you. You are hot stuff Jarmo. This is how you debate me on everything. Your the first to make some smart ass comment about me to change it into an attack game. Then you cry that I started it. I love it.

No no, you're not getting away that easily.

I said, your posts gives me the impression that the band makes you upset. Am I wrong?

Please tell me so then instead of coming up with shit about listening to GN'R and thinking about me.  love

for the 10000000000th if you cant handle "personal attacks" then dont try to be a smart ass and dish them out first. Its very simple

I can handle them fine. But they seem to come from you every time you run out of things to discuss.

You want a discussion don't you?

Then how come every time I disagree with you, I'm told I shouldn't tell people what to think?

What kind of discussion is that if I'm not allowed to disagree with you?

As for banning me. Again. I know you want me to slip up badly. That is why you change the convo into personal attack mode. SO again, I know its your house, your rules....but if you wanna dish out attacks you cant claim sensitivity when it gets thrown back at ya....i guess you could but then I can call you a  Lips Sealed ok

No you did.

I said, this band seems to upset you to the point where you feel bad. If I'm so wrong, then say so instead of trying to attack me.

Every time I tell you that by reading your posts filled with complaints that I get the impression that you're upset, you attack me. It's almost like you're ashamed of feeling that way or being called out on it.

Why didn't you post last week when we had some good news? Maybe I would've complimented you on your good mood!

You can call me whatever the fuck you want while you listen to GN'R and think of me.  ok

It's been personal for you and a few others for a while now.

All kinds of insults are thrown at me from people like you who can't stand being questioned. It's nothing new.

I dont want people to do anything. I just find it strange that some are ho hum about it. Im not saying noone should move on or whatever but it jst seems strange to me...but hey what do I know

And what gives you the right to be upset about that and attack us? Who are you to tell us how we should feel about this?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:11:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »

If Robin hasn't quit the band we would have known by now. Last year when the rumors that Brain had quit surfaced, we knew within hours that it wasn't the case. Same thing with Tommy and Soul Asylum and when everyone though Richard quit and joined NIN in 2005. If it was good news, we would know by now....

Honestly, I'm not so sure, given that most of this hit during the weekend.  We'll know soon enough either way, I hope.

Most of the other stuff hit during the weekend too, I know the Richard joining did for sure (it happened on a Friday night). We knew within 24 hours what was going on. We haven't heard anything from Robin/GNR yet.

yeah its so rock n roll to be off for the weekend hihi cuz ya know everyone takes the weekend off even rock stars haha J/K peace

i would think that the band knows by now...IMO they will either wait until the media outlets are operating to make a statement through MTV or Rolling Stone or Universal ... or not comment...i would think they would have to comment though

ben9785
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »

Regarding a previous comment about Trent:

I don't think Trent could care less what GNR or their fans think, and strongly doubt he would go out of his way to make any comments to GNR fans, let alone a joint statement with GNR.

I can't even imagine Robin going out of his way to make any public statements about this, with the exception of a possible small mention on his official website.

It would be in the hands of GNR management/representatives to respond. The only instance I would imagine Axl commenting about this is if Robin had quit, and even that's not for certain.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:14:55 PM by ben785 » Logged
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #504 on: April 06, 2008, 09:28:20 PM »

Trent's a real dickhead for posting Robin's pic without some joint statement with GNR.

A.. what now?Shocked

Fucking lacking internet technology of 1997..My email box must have been full around the time Axl Rose went around sending every Nin fan an e-mail regarding,clarifying, explainign and detailing the overall status and life of  Robin Finck and Chris Vrenna.. Axl should have faxed me instead:(

Some people have forgotten Robin Finck isn't some ragdoll without own will (even though he is very flexible)  that gets tossed around between Trent Reznor and Axl Rose.  He is an actual person!wow! 
It shouldn't  have to  take some obscure as hell joint statement by 7 different highly official channels to clear things up. Actually it even  isn't Trent's or Axl's goddamned business to start giving some highly detailed info about Robin Finck's loyalities and status; it would be best to be taken care of by the man himself. Who else could do it better than he? Some larger than life manager of Guns N' Roses since 10 days ago? Bumblefoot? Beta? Paul Tobias?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:47:04 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »

Hey Jarmo, I can't find my previous posting  on this thread. Was it deleted?

As far as Robin, hopefully he did not quit.  I didn't like him in 2002 b/c he just didn't fit. I thought he fit much better in 06. Better  was defintely a great song written by him.

I read somewhere on this thread that GNR would move on without him. Both GNR and VR have not moved on. As much as I like Axl growing up all the up to the way present, he/record label just needs to release this album. 14 years is too long especially for a talented singer/songwriter like Axl.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:45:05 PM by draguns » Logged
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #506 on: April 06, 2008, 09:48:45 PM »

Wait..... Wait..... I am  confused. Does this mean
Robin Doesn't get a Dr. Pepper anymore?!!!!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #507 on: April 06, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »

Wait..... Wait..... I am  confused. Does this mean
Robin Doesn't get a Dr. Pepper anymore?!!!!
Robin is with Coca Cola now mate.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #508 on: April 06, 2008, 09:52:38 PM »

Trent's a real dickhead for posting Robin's pic without some joint statement with GNR.

A.. what now?Shocked

Fucking lacking internet technology of 1997..My email box must have been full around the time Axl Rose went around sending every Nin fan am e-mail regarding, explainign and detailing the events around GNR ruthelessly stealing of Robin Finck and Chris Vrenna.. Axl should have faxed me instead:(

Some people have forgotten Robin Finck isn't some ragdoll without own will (even though he is very flexible)  that gets tossed around between Trent Reznor and Axl Rose.  He is an actual person!wow! 
It shouldn't  have to  take some obscure as hell joint statement by 7 different highly official channels to clear things up. Actually it even  isn't Trent's or Axl's goddamned business to start giving some highly detailed info about Robin Finck's loyalities and status; it would be best to be taken care of by the man himself. Who else could do it better than he? Some larger than life manager of Guns N' Roses since 10 days ago? Bumblefoot? Beta? Paul Tobias?

That being said, Trent still had to visualize the implication of throwing a picture up like that with little to no explanation besides a "welcome back" note.

It doesn't take a personal e-mail to every fan to issue a small statement on an official website indicating exactly what band he is and isn't a part of whether that comes from Axl, Trent, Management or Robin himself.

You can't really blame people for being a bit upset over it-a photo went up and Robin's site went down and not a word has been said since.

ben9785
« Reply #509 on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »

Yes we do deserve at least a few short words of clarification even in an email to Jarmo or something like that, it doesn't even need to be an official 'press statement'. And I'm sure Trent is aware of the implications of him posting that photo of Robin with "welcome back" but as I said before I'm sure he doesn't give a shit how the GNR feels respond to it or feel about it. I doubt he will be the one to give us answers. It's either Robin or someone from GNR camp we need to give us any clarification, because the issue here isn't him playing with NIN - the issue is where he stands with GNR.

This isn't just a short US tour or a few shows in Japan or one leg of shows in Europe, this is a full world tour which will go past a year at very least.
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #510 on: April 06, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »

A.. what now?Shocked

Fucking lacking internet technology of 1997..My email box must have been full around the time Axl Rose went around sending every Nin fan am e-mail regarding, explainign and detailing the events around GNR ruthelessly stealing of Robin Finck and Chris Vrenna.. Axl should have faxed me instead:(

That being said, Trent still had to visualize the implication of throwing a picture up like that with little to no explanation besides a "welcome back" note.

It doesn't take a personal e-mail to every fan to issue a small statement on an official website indicating exactly what band he is and isn't a part of whether that comes from Axl, Trent, Management or Robin himself.

You can't really blame people for being a bit upset over it-a photo went up and Robin's site went down and not a word has been said since.

Sure.
But trust me, there isnt anything " out of ordinary" or exceptionally cockteasery about that photo or the brief welcome message at nin.com. The whole posting at nin.com is actually pretty typical example of how TR&co have been announcing news like this for several years now. When Jeordie White(AKA Twigy Ramirez)joined Nin in 2005, it was "announced" by a single photo without any titles, captionings or anything. TR likes informing his fans but he often does flavor  it up with a hint of mystery, less is more-attitude  and cockteasing.

Again, I don't feel it's Trent's, Axl's or anyone else's place  to comment Finck's status. It's something ol Queenie should do by himself.
I bet he  drops a few lines in his own site or somewhere else in net soon enough..
Or an interview if he is feeling REALLY generous:p

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:09:51 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2008, 10:07:01 PM »

Again, I urge people to use some common sense and to try to be a bit patient.
The fact that we are unclear about the situation is not because GN'R doesn't care to update us. In fact, you can bet they are probably aware of the rabid fans going crazy over it. Maybe they need time to sort it out. People do use the internet and phones on weekends too.
When the situation clears, I believe they'll inform us.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »

Been folling this news since friday, yet I still feel like , everyone is running around like the sky is falling.. for some strange reason Im not even worried or concerned about this news.. IF RObin choses to take a gig while GNR aretn atively doing something I see no cause to believe or think out of the Blue he left.. just doesnt make sence.

SO I just take if for what it is , and to me its rumor, and if its true, ok..so what? Ive read every page of this thread over the last 3 days, and see alot of lamenting and arguing , for what I see as not a big deal.. chill out, lets see wqhat transpire instead of getting collectively stupidly enraged.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
ben9785
« Reply #513 on: April 06, 2008, 10:29:16 PM »

jazjme, right on but you have to understand there are many people here who do appreciate Robin's position in GNR and are disappointed by this, and until such a time where we get some official confirmation people would appreciate the opportunity to discuss and reason about it. And as long as nobody is being unreasonable or critical towards Robin personally, then its OK to discuss, right?

P.S. This is not a rumor. We don't know the full details yet but we definitely know that Finck will be taking an extended period of time away from GNR, until September 2008 at the VERY EARLIEST according to the current set of dates announced for the "world tour" which Robin will most likely be part of for the full duration.
The only thing we're not really sure yet is exactly how long he's going for and if he's looking to rejoin GNR.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:31:31 PM by ben785 » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2008, 10:30:23 PM »

Again, I don't feel it's Trent's, Axl's or anyone else's place  to comment Finck's status. It's something ol Queenie should do by himself.
I bet he  drops a few lines in his own site or somewhere else in net soon enough..
Or an interview if he is feeling REALLY generous:p

I'm not gonna copy the whole thing again cause it's huge.

I understand what you are saying and I didn't say I was surprised about Trent's method, in fact I am quite the opposite.

Frankly, I am more surprised that so many on here are surprised at how this is going down especially considering it involves GNR and NIN. hihi
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2008, 10:32:05 PM »

jazjme, right on but you have to understand there are many people here who do appreciate Robin's position in GNR and are disappointed by this, and until such a time where we get some official confirmation people would appreciate the opportunity to discuss and reason about it. And as long as nobody is being unreasonable or critical towards Robin personally, then its OK to discuss, right?

I agree, hell if Robin left and was said so for sure I will be rather disappointed . But I am just trying to keep my head clear to see where the chips fall and what really is going on.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

P.S. This is not a rumor. We don't know the full details yet but we definitely know that Finck will be taking an extended period of time away from GNR, until September 2008 at the VERY EARLIEST according to the current set of dates announced for the "world tour" which Robin will most likely be part of for the full duration.
The only thing we're not really sure yet is exactly how long he's going for and if he's looking to rejoin GNR.

I am still having trouble finding anything that says the NIN thing is a WORLD TOUR.  They say there are more dates to come, but couldn't that just be filling in dates in the US?  They toured for Year Zero everywhere but here, why can't this be a US only tour and Robin be back when it's done?Huh?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:46:56 PM by 123191 » Logged

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
ben9785
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »

I am still having trouble finding anything that says the NIN thing is a WORLD TOUR.  They say there are more dates to come, but couldn't that just be filling in dates in the US?  They toured for Year Zero everywhere but here, why can't this be a US only tour and Robin be back when it's done?Huh?

Please bear with me, unless someone else gets it in the meantime, I'll try to find out exactly where I saw the news that Robin was rejoining for a world tour..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »

I will be SHOCKED if Robin isn't along-side when GN'R finally gets rolling again. He's just simply (along with Axl, Dizzy and Tommy) too important to everything that has gone on with this band the last 10 years for him to permanently step aside before this "beautiful ship" sails... and certainly Axl is aware of that. So I refuse to mourn his "departure". It's only aggravating that this would seem to signal that GN'R's return will be at the end of 2008 at the earliest.

In the meantime, thank GOD lead guitar is in the very capable hands of Richard Fortus and Ron Thal. At least it's not like when Robin left the first time and GN'R was basically empty-handed.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2008, 10:54:28 PM »

Finck and Fownes will join Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini and Josh Freese for a world tour beginning July in North America.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: