Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788256 times)
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #4420 on: February 16, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »

I can smell robin's comeback. I know it's gonna happen  ok

You mean Robin smell bad?  hihi

I already miss you Monaguin  Cry

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #4421 on: February 16, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »

If NIN will have the last tour these year it means that GNR have to wait for Robin to finish w them and come tour w GNR after?
Is GNR willing to wait for Robin until he finish with NIN?
Are we gonna wait for him?
 Huh Huh Huh
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4422 on: February 17, 2009, 06:43:49 AM »

Sometimes you just got to yell out loud. What the fuck is going on??? Why can't they just be clear about Robin?

Is he in the gn'r fold when it comes to the upcoming tour or not?

I'm sure Robin, Reznor and Axl knows by now for sure so why not just spill it? I don't get the point of holding it back. There's not even an entertaining mystery aspect about it, it's just really fuckin' wierd...

I get all that robin is robin stuff, but jesus christ, how difficult can one be? hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4423 on: February 17, 2009, 06:59:14 AM »

I'd love to see some people's face (well, actually not Tongue) if Robin gets back. People were so sure about everything, even when Axl himself said there wasn't anything set in stone...

If NIN will have the last tour these year it means that GNR have to wait for Robin to finish w them and come tour w GNR after?
 Huh Huh Huh
What the hell are you talking about? Robin is not the only busy member right now, GNR isn't just "waiting" for him, I believe. NIN dates aren't that much and he'll have plenty of time to get back with the other guys, if he's really back.

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #4424 on: February 17, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »

I'd love to see some people's face (well, actually not Tongue) if Robin gets back. People were so sure about everything, even when Axl himself said there wasn't anything set in stone...

Huh Huh Huh
What the hell are you talking about? Robin is not the only busy member right now, GNR isn't just "waiting" for him, I believe. NIN dates aren't that much and he'll have plenty of time to get back with the other guys, if he's really back.

Im talkin about that isnt fair for GNR to wait for Robin to finish w NIN....I think GNR ismore important than that right?
and I will have a very happy face Grin if I see Robin playing w GNR again...it wont be the same without him...and I think these whole line up cahnging every now and then isnt good....as a fan I feel weird....cuz in the beginin I used to love(still) Slash...then I got used and love Bucket...then I got used and love Finck....and now whos next???...and Im not saying I dont like the rest of the group..love them....but always we got favorites right?....for example I wont care if I dont see Frank again...or Fortus...but I will really miss Finck.
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4425 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »

Whats Richard done to upset you, and Frank for that matter Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4426 on: February 17, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »

Huh Huh Huh

Im talkin about that isnt fair for GNR to wait for Robin to finish w NIN....I think GNR ismore important than that right?
and I will have a very happy face Grin if I see Robin playing w GNR again...it wont be the same without him...and I think these whole line up cahnging every now and then isnt good....as a fan I feel weird....cuz in the beginin I used to love(still) Slash...then I got used and love Bucket...then I got used and love Finck....and now whos next???...and Im not saying I dont like the rest of the group..love them....but always we got favorites right?....for example I wont care if I dont see Frank again...or Fortus...but I will really miss Finck.
I guess we'll have to wait to see the dates for the tour.  Sounds like Robin will be completely free to return to the fold in the not so distant future.  BUT, IF GNR plans to tour this summer it doesn't appear Robin would be a part of that.  SO, they would need a fill in for the time being at the very least.  Maybe Nick, maybe Brain could convince Bucket to tour ONLY, doubtful though.  I don't think GNR has been waiting around and dragging their feet waiting for Robin, and I don't think they will now wait until NIN takes their extended break just to get him back.  I do think the chances of Robin returning just went up a whole lot, though I do think/hope we'll see a lineup without Robin before then.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4427 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »

I've been confident
assuming robin wouldn't have taken this gamble if not for the reasons like this.

"In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while."

but this extension seems...
"After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year."
and across the us with jane....quite long. or I guess i should be glad for poor nin fans.

thanks god axl says he'll never say goodby.  beer

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4428 on: February 17, 2009, 10:23:01 AM »

to sit out the NIN tour waiting for Robin wouldnt be something Axl's ego seems to be up for (like another band dictating him when to play live), exspecially when cd is out since 11/2008. then again getting a new guitarist, if so, could be some stressy and weird when robin could be available early 2010 anyway.
maybe another hired guitarist for 2009 and Robin 2010+ might do it?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4429 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »

to sit out the NIN tour waiting for Robin wouldnt be something Axl's ego seems to be up for (like another band dictating him when to play live),

GN'R isn't just Axl. You think it would be fair for the rest of the band to wait for Robin for a full year since the album's release before touring?

This isn't a case of somebody breaking a bone and it needs to heal....

So that would be the reward you get for being loyal, you get to spend a year waiting for the guy who chose to leave?

It's unfortunate that things happened like this, but you have to wonder why he would sign up for a long NIN tour knowing that GN'R could start touring during the same period of time.

Everybody else seems to have GN'R as their priority. If they're needed in GN'R, they'll be there.

Did Robin's priority change? I guess only he knows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4430 on: February 17, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »

Axl has the last word!
fair and unfair, being loyal arent the easiest things in GN'R history. and its not that the waiting issue in GN'R land is something totally new. however the mess remains:
if robin's doing the NIN 2009 dates its hard if not impossible to do ANY promotional appearances, interviews and live shows with him for GN'R. this could lead to the ugly decision if to promote and tour CD at all in 2009, assuming robin would be available early 2010. ugly cause cd is out and kinda has to be promoted this year. so....2 guitarists only or another (new?) 3rd player would be a logical solution when deciding to tour and promote in 2009.

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4431 on: February 17, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »

It's unfortunate that things happened like this, but you have to wonder why he would sign up for a long NIN tour knowing that GN'R could start touring during the same period of time.

maybe Robin always knew from day zero when GNR would start to tour, and he signed up with NIN exactly until that date.

It sounds logic to me. NIN will dissapear anytime soon (Trent said that), and that could be the moment for his comeback to GNR.

I really would love GNR to be Robin's priority. I admit it doesnt seem to be the case. But GNR cant let him go that easily. He's, along with Axl, the most atractive factor to be a GNR fan these days. His tone, stage presence and guitar skills are unique. And I really think he's the only of the ''''''''new'''''''' guys that's very deep in the heart of fans.

If I were Axl (I know I'm not, and I also know GNR isnt a Burger King), I would do everything to keep Robin in the band.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4432 on: February 17, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »

fair and unfair, being loyal arent the easiest things in GN'R history.

So basically those who managed to stay loyal should be "punished" by waiting for Robin?

and its not that the waiting issue in GN'R land is something totally new.

Yeah, the difference was that previously they worked on getting the album out.

That hurdle has been cleared now. Smiley

if robin's doing the NIN 2009 dates its hard if not impossible to do ANY promotional appearances, interviews and live shows with him for GN'R.

Yeah, it's impossible to be in two places at once.  hihi

But GNR cant let him go that easily.

I like Robin too, but first I'm a GN'R fan.

So my question is, did Robin let GN'R go that easily....

A lot of fans keep saying "GN'R can't let him go" and "GN'R has to get him back".

Maybe the question isn't about GN'R, maybe it's about Robin? His decisions and so on.

It seems like some fans have the impression that it's GN'R's duty to bend over backwards to please Robin. When in fact GN'R is what made most of them fans of Robin, not the other way around.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:32:00 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4433 on: February 17, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »

to sit out the NIN tour waiting for Robin wouldnt be something Axl's ego seems to be up for (like another band dictating him when to play live),

GN'R isn't just Axl. You think it would be fair for the rest of the band to wait for Robin for a full year since the album's release before touring?

This isn't a case of somebody breaking a bone and it needs to heal....

So that would be the reward you get for being loyal, you get to spend a year waiting for the guy who chose to leave?

Everybody else seems to have GN'R as their priority. If they're needed in GN'R, they'll be there.

Did Robin's priority change? I guess only he knows.

/jarmo

At this point, I dont think anyone could say that GN'R is still Robin's priority.  Or be taken seriously while saying it for that matter.  It's unfortunate that he's made the decisions he's made, as his work on CD is quite notable.  However, Robin's behavior is a nice slap in the face to both his bandmates in GN'R as well as the many fans who welcomed him as a guitarist.  

But who knows, maybe hearing all the rude losers screaming Slash or being slammed on forums finally got to him and this is his final "F*ck You" to both the fans and Axl.  I just always thought that Robin was above letting that shit get to him.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:17:05 PM by sofine11 » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4434 on: February 17, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

So basically those who managed to tay loyal should be "punished" by waiting for Robin?

if robin's doing the NIN 2009 dates its hard if not impossible to do ANY promotional appearances, interviews and live shows with him for GN'R.

But GNR cant let him go that easily.

I like Robin too, but first I'm a GN'R fan.

So my question is, did Robin let GN'R go that easily....

A lot of fans keep saying "GN'R can't let him go" and "GN'R has to get him back".

Maybe the question isn't about GN'R, maybe it's about Robin? His decisions and so on.

It seems like some fans have the impression that it's GN'R's duty to bend over backwards to please Robin. When in fact GN'R is what made most of them fans of Robin, not the other way around.

/jarmo

Agreed with you in everything, Jarmo.

I didn't know who the fuck Robin was until he joined GNR.

I just want him in the band. He and Axl co-leaded the best GNR lineup ever, and one of the best rock bands I've ever seen. They made together the best combo GNR has ever had.

I can imagine Robin's the main problem here, not GNR. All I wish is both parts get along.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4435 on: February 17, 2009, 01:50:39 PM »

Agreed with you in everything, Jarmo.

I didn't know who the fuck Robin was until he joined GNR.

I just want him in the band. He and Axl co-leaded the best GNR lineup ever, and one of the best rock bands I've ever seen. They made together the best combo GNR has ever had.

I can imagine Robin's the main problem here, not GNR. All I wish is both parts get along.

Explain to me how he and Axl Co-lead Guns N' Roses???

Axl is at the head of the table alone when it comes to Guns N' Roses... while he isn't shy to give credit where credit is due as far as song writing goes, I wouldn't exactly give anyone else equal billing with Axl.

This is where I think Axl really put together a strong lineup, you can cut out and replace any member (axl excluded) and chug along with out missing a beat.
Bucket leaves and Ron fills right in... Brain leaves and Frank fills right in... I have no worries that after a touring leg people will be raving about Guitar Player X like he is the greatest thing since rock guitar was invented.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4436 on: February 17, 2009, 02:14:41 PM »

Axl kept Robin(and the other members of the band) waiting for years. Was that fair?

Im sure Robin wouldnt have left if he knew that CD had a clear cut solidified release date. I would wager that when he made his decision CD didnt have a release date or atleast a concrete one.

You dont have to wonder anything. The guy was kept wondering for years.

While I ultimately agree that its Robins life and he chose to move on please dont make it seem like the bands history of inactivity and not knowing what the hell is going on didnt play a part in his decision making process. It seems as if your questioning his loyalty...which boggles my mind.

and btw Axl is GNR. He was and always will be. He makes the decisions. He works with people but ultimately he is the person in charge with GNR.

AFD-UYI consisted of a group of members that fans associate with GNR

CD consisted of a group of members (the 2002) lineup that fans associate with GNR

When Axl came back in 2001 he showcased a lineup that he felt was worthy of continuing the GNR and moving past the old lineup. Some people became fans of and became passionate about that era/band.

At this point in time GNR do not have ANY lead guitarists that the fans can relate too. Yea we all like Bumble and enjoy his playing. But he did not help create anything that the old or new band have done to this point. So with that being said, this is more of an Axl thing at the current point in time.

Robin, Tommy, and Pitman have been with Axl since the start of this new era. There loyalty or intentions should never be questioned.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4437 on: February 17, 2009, 02:19:40 PM »

Robin, Tommy, and Pitman have been with Axl since the start of this new era. There loyalty or intentions should never be questioned.

Actually Robin left to rejoin NIN at one point before.  I'd say his commitment wavered at times. 

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4438 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »

because of inactivity. the point is he came back and stayed with Axl for over a decade

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4439 on: February 17, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »

So basically those who managed to tay loyal should be "punished" by waiting for Robin?
never said or meant that, just listing facts. add in this case the others "who stayed loyal" couldnt play rio4 when bucket went out.

the waiting thing has ALWAYS been some significant factor in GN'R history.

sure, but i didnt want to rule out the posibility that it could be done.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: