Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:25:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787634 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4240 on: December 04, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

Robin SHOULD do what he wants to do.   Respect whatever decision he makes.. if that means he doesn't want to be in GnR, so be it.

It is not that I don't respect Robin's decision, if he'd rather play with NIN so be it.  But apparently no one knew in GNR he was doing that until he actually did it. Always respectful to give some type of notice when you leave one gig to go to another if those are the facts - keeping in mind we don't know all the facts.
I wish he would make a statement to GnR fans like he has in the past, and the fact that he hasn't tells me he is probably as uncertain of the future as we are.

when robin decides to come back to axl, i will love him again.  until then, he's a low-down back-stabbing traitor.  fuck him. 
thats going maybe just a little too far now, isn't it?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4241 on: December 04, 2008, 01:03:02 PM »

when robin decides to come back to axl, i will love him again.  until then, he's a low-down back-stabbing traitor.  fuck him.  he owes axl and all gnr fans an apology.  is loyalty and honesty too much to ask for these days?
Robin was loyal to Axl for about a decade. Did you ever think that maybe he just got tired of GNR and it was time for him to move on? He toured the world and had recorded 3 albums worth of material.

My only issue with Robin is how he has handled it. I think he dropped the news on Axls doorstep and bolted. Thats not cool. And he hasnt said anything to the fans who have supported him over the years. My only guess is that he doesnt want to take away from the albums spotlight right now. If he doesnt comment down the road then he isnt the person I thought he was.

Yea its surprising that he left at the wrong time but there are 2 sides to every story

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #4242 on: December 04, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »

Robin SHOULD do what he wants to do.   Respect whatever decision he makes.. if that means he doesn't want to be in GnR, so be it.

It is not that I don't respect Robin's decision, if he'd rather play with NIN so be it.  But apparently no one knew in GNR he was doing that until he actually did it. Always respectful to give some type of notice when you leave one gig to go to another if those are the facts - keeping in mind we don't know all the facts.
I wish he would make a statement to GnR fans like he has in the past, and the fact that he hasn't tells me he is probably as uncertain of the future as we are.

when robin decides to come back to axl, i will love him again.  until then, he's a low-down back-stabbing traitor.  fuck him. 

maybe loyalty still means something to a few of us.  man, i'd be scared to be your friend!  i'd have to keep an eye out over my shoulder for that knife.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4243 on: December 04, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »

what part of touring the world multiple times, recording a few albums, taking abuse from the fans and the press, and o yea waiting around for 10 yrs is not loyal?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #4244 on: December 04, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »

when robin decides to come back to axl, i will love him again.  until then, he's a low-down back-stabbing traitor.  fuck him.  he owes axl and all gnr fans an apology.  is loyalty and honesty too much to ask for these days?
Robin was loyal to Axl for about a decade. Did you ever think that maybe he just got tired of GNR and it was time for him to move on? He toured the world and had recorded 3 albums worth of material.

i didn't realize there was a time limit on loyalty.  so by that reasoning, if a parent takes care of their child for 10 years, then it should be okay for the 10 year old to steal the parent's money and move out?  yeah, okay.  what a fucked up world you live in.  but i guess it's a reflection of modern times.  it's really sad that robin had to go the way of the rest of the axl-haters who betray him.  he'll get his in the end though.  i hope when cd becomes a hit, robin crawls back and axl tells him to fuck off.  but he probaly won't because axl's a good guy.  when axl forgives robin, then i'll forgive robin.  until then, i'm happy to be a moral person who believes in loyalty and respect.  i just feel bad for you.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4245 on: December 04, 2008, 01:07:54 PM »

maybe loyalty still means something to a few of us.  man, i'd be scared to be your friend!  i'd have to keep an eye out over my shoulder for that knife.

LOL@Jim Bob! Falungong69 finally got someone else with the "I'd be scared to be your friend  since I might get stabbed in the back"

So, fg69 if Axl doesn't owe us an explanation why should Robin give us one? How can you say Fuck him,but if he comes back, I 'll love him? Does that same scenario apply for other ex members as well?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #4246 on: December 04, 2008, 01:11:41 PM »

LOL@Jim Bob! Falungong69 finally got someone else with the "I'd be scared to be your friend  since I might get stabbed in the back"

So, fg69 if Axl doesn't owe us an explanation why should Robin give us one? How can you say Fuck him,but if he comes back, I 'll love him? Does that same scenario apply for other ex members as well?

yes it does.  if axl forgave them, then i would.  it's axl's decision.  i wouldn't be happy if he chose to forgive a certain guitar player for a variety of reasons, but mainly because his betrayal was the deepest and most painful, but also because he can't even fingertap.  what kind of a guitarist can't fingertap?  and how exactly would said guitarist play the new songs? 

so theoritically, yes, i would forgive anyone if axl did.  but i wouldn't necessarily like it.  but it doesnt' even matter anyways because some things will never happen anyways.  wake up and smell the new millinium.  it's not 1985 anymore. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4247 on: December 04, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »

i didn't realize there was a time limit on loyalty.  so by that reasoning, if a parent takes care of their child for 10 years, then it should be okay for the 10 year old to steal the parent's money and move out?  yeah, okay.  what a fucked up world you live in.  but i guess it's a reflection of modern times.  it's really sad that robin had to go the way of the rest of the axl-haters who betray him.  he'll get his in the end though.  i hope when cd becomes a hit, robin crawls back and axl tells him to fuck off.  but he probaly won't because axl's a good guy.  when axl forgives robin, then i'll forgive robin.  until then, i'm happy to be a moral person who believes in loyalty and respect.  i just feel bad for you.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe people move on in life? Should RObin hold Axls hand his whole life until he releases CD?

Of course I wish Robin stayed. But he was probably fed up that the album still had no release date and instead of waiting around, he did what everyone else in the band does, kills time by doing something else. Its unfortunate that the album finally was turned over after he left but by then it was too late

why hate Robin when practically everyone in the band still wishes him the best and have no hard feelings?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:13:36 PM by younggunner » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4248 on: December 04, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »

I have nothing but the utmost respect for every person who put their years into Chinese Democracy.   This is an awesome album, and every member played their part.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4249 on: December 04, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »

I have nothing but the utmost respect for every person who put their years into Chinese Democracy.   This is an awesome album, and every member played their part.
I do as well. Falungong69 has warned me about being your friend. If I turn my back you might stab me in it rofl rofl
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:22:31 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4250 on: December 04, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »

same here.

why hate Robin when practically everyone in the band still wishes him the best and have no hard feelings?

seemingly he hates bh as well. Maybe he hates everyone in the band save axl.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4251 on: December 04, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »

I never heard Robin not liking anyone in the band aside from Bucket. Not even sure he hated Bucket, it was prob more of an ego/jealousy type thing

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #4252 on: December 04, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »

same here.

when someone fucks over my favorite rock star, and someone i admire personally for a lot of reasons, then yeah, i tend to have a low opinnion of them.  i think it says more about you than it does about me. 

as for bucket, axl put out a press release explaining how bucket used him and betrayed him for personal gain.  that does not sound like a 'nice guy' to me.  so basically we've got the full story there.  if you choose to back bucket, then you're doing it in spite of the shitty things he did to axl.  i don't understand how you can do that, after axl's done so much for you.  but whatever.  we live in corrupt times.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4253 on: December 04, 2008, 01:32:55 PM »

like I said robin bucket and everyone in the GNR tribe are my fav rock stars. ok

I never heard Robin not liking anyone in the band aside from Bucket. Not even sure he hated Bucket, it was prob more of an ego/jealousy type thing

I meant fg69 guy by he.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:35:32 PM by ppbebe » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4254 on: December 04, 2008, 01:35:35 PM »

same here.

when someone fucks over my favorite rock star, and someone i admire personally for a lot of reasons, then yeah, i tend to have a low opinnion of them.  i think it says more about you than it does about me. 

All I get out what your saying is that if Axl ever decides to jump off a bridge you will take the leap as well

as for bucket, axl put out a press release explaining how bucket used him and betrayed him for personal gain.  that does not sound like a 'nice guy' to me.  so basically we've got the full story there.  if you choose to back bucket, then you're doing it in spite of the shitty things he did to axl.  i don't understand how you can do that, after axl's done so much for you.  but whatever.  we live in corrupt times.
I have no idea if Bucket used Axl or not. Maybe he did, maybe he didnt.

All I know is that Axl has tried to get Bucket back time after time through the yrs. If he was such an evil guy why would Axl try to get him back? Walking around disney world, buying weird dolls, chicken coops, and other studio stuff, etc doesnt say much for your argument.

If Bucket was able to recommit to  gnr Im pretty confident Axl would welcome him back with open arms.

It must be tough listening to CD if you hate Bucket that much

I meant fg69 guy by he.
o
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:45:45 PM by younggunner » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4255 on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »

It must be tough listening to CD if you hate Bucket that much

and robin.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4256 on: December 04, 2008, 01:58:15 PM »

if this is the end of robin's history in GNR, its ok for me. I will miss him a lot. GNR will never find a guitar player like him. Shame he will be losing his time, talent and skills in that boring-mediocre band, where he will never be a truly part of the creative process, but that's his choice and I respect it.

But this should not be the way to know about it. He should have informed the gnr fans, not fucking reznor and his giant mouth.

now its time for Tobias' comeback  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4257 on: December 04, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »

From Trent on the nin board:

"... was it something I said? Wow.

For the record - Robin is not leaving the band."

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719,280701#msg-280701

THAT SUCKS.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4258 on: December 04, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »

Robin was great with Guns N' Roses onstage, and with the work he did on Chinese Democracy.

But I will never welcome him back to the band, or in my heart.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4259 on: December 04, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »

if this is the end of robin's history in GNR, its ok for me. I will miss him a lot. GNR will never find a guitar player like him. Shame he will be losing his time, talent and skills in that boring-mediocre band, where he will never be a truly part of the creative process, but that's his choice and I respect it.

But this should not be the way to know about it. He should have informed the gnr fans, not fucking reznor and his giant mouth.

now its time for Tobias' comeback  ok

i guess Axl thinks so too... since his new sound is influenced by Trent's.

NIN is a great band... one of the best and most creative acts in the last 20 yrs.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: